PDA

View Full Version : Input on some numbers im crutching...

tez4life
01-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Brainstorming on doing a box for a pair of AQ HDC3 10s

The area I have available is 44" W by 12" H by 15" D,

According to RE Calculator, that gave me a box that was 2.846 net with a 35hz tune. Square port was 4" wide and 9" long and about 42" of port area.

I know the AQs will work in anywhere from 1.2 to 1.5 but I was curious would this be enough airspace for them to function correctly?

I know the RE calculator doesnt account for the sub displacement and has been know to be off, so I was just curious for those are better skilled than myself lol, do those number seem right to you?

Also, does anyone know the displacement of the HDC3 10s each?

Any input is greatly appericated thanks.:)

on1wheel01
01-02-2010, 02:11 PM
I have done the math many times the re calc is pretty close not 100% but **** close in most cases. Go on the aq web site find out the sub disp and there u go. If it we're me I'd go a bit bigger. But im sure that would be plenty to wang them pretty hard.

tez4life
01-02-2010, 02:25 PM
I have done the math many times the re calc is pretty close not 100% but **** close in most cases. Go on the aq web site find out the sub disp and there u go. If it we're me I'd go a bit bigger. But im sure that would be plenty to wang them pretty hard.

Thanks for the input...seached on the AQ site first, didnt find the info on the displacment I needed, perhaps I over looked it.

I could stay toward the smaller end of the box spectrum considering im planning on 2k per sub. Im sure a bit larger enclosure would be better suited. I could go up a inch or too on the depth if nessary.