PDA

View Full Version : Alpine CDA-9884 Subwoofer settings?

scoob8000
01-02-2010, 10:34 AM
So I just bought my first Alpine HU (CDA-9884 used on C.L.) to replace my Clarion whose controls I can no longer stand.

Anyway, am I totally missing something obvious here or does this unit not even have any sort of LPF crossover for the sub outputs?

Or does the HPF send the rest of the frequencies to the subwoofer channels? (I have not installed it yet to test).

Parker G
01-02-2010, 10:39 AM
I do believe they do!

eharri3
01-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Actually I don't think it does, it may only have a built in HPF unless you go for IMPRINT and use the multi-EQ function. It has been awhile since I ran this one so I had to look at the manual. It makes mention of a built-in HPF but no low pass filter. I believe I just used the ones on the amps anyways.

If you don't have the manual and have further questions I just went to crutchfield, typed in 9884, and downloaded the manual. Im sure you could do the same thing in the product support section on Alpine's website.

scoob8000
01-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Actually I don't think it does, it may only have a built in HPF unless you go for IMPRINT and use the multi-EQ function. It has been awhile since I ran this one so I had to look at the manual. It makes mention of a built-in HPF but no low pass filter. I believe I just used the ones on the amps anyways.

If you don't have the manual and have further questions I just went to crutchfield, typed in 9884, and downloaded the manual. Im sure you could do the same thing in the product support section on Alpine's website.

Yeah, I got the manual from the website but it doesn't go into much detail whatsoever about the HPF or the subwoofer preouts.

I just made an adapter to run it off a jumperbox in the trunk to test. If this thing doesnt do any sub out filtering, it's for sale. :/

scoob8000
01-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Well I installed it, but I wish I didn't. Sub controls are about as useless as a bass knob.

Unit's going up for sale as soon as I get some pics.