PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on best place to go in SLC

PJones
12-31-2009, 11:45 PM
I want to do some cool stuff to my Mustang, but I'm not sure where to go in Salt Lake. I don't want to get ripped off. I went to Car Concetps but they seemed really expensive. I looked online and found some guy that says he used to work there but just started his own shop. His name was Travis... i think. Do any of you know who that is? his website was www.csdaudio.com

He seemed like he knew what he was talking about, but i'd never heard of him before. Should i try that or like Audio Warehouse or Laketown or where do you guys like to go in SLC?

I want my Mustang to be really loud, but i want it to look good too!

Thanks,

-Preston

BushJ311
12-31-2009, 11:47 PM
Buy equipment here and let a local guy from the forum help you put it in

SicAudio
12-31-2009, 11:49 PM
stay as far away from car concepts and innovative audio as possible lolz

PJones
12-31-2009, 11:50 PM
stay as far away from car concepts and innovative audio as possible lolz

hahahah. what's the deal with those guys?

DBfan187
12-31-2009, 11:51 PM
somewhere non-Mormon

SicAudio
12-31-2009, 11:54 PM
some of them are hacks and overall double to triple what it should cost . i have customers i sold stuff too that went there and got ripped bad on install
a dsc2000.1 amp the manual clearly states 1 guage minimum they insisted 4 guage they also insisted the manual was wrong and the amp was only 2 ohm stable not 1 so they hooked his subs up at 4 ohm ( 2x 12 dvc 4 subs ) lol very shittyass people

i owned shops in ogden and have always had horror stories from both those 2 shops even recently as explained above :(

PJones
12-31-2009, 11:56 PM
Um, so is there anywhere in SLC that doesn't ****?
What do you think about that CSD Audio guy?
Should I Just try to do it myself?

SicAudio
12-31-2009, 11:57 PM
if you can stand the 30 minute drive go to audio extremes in riverdale and ask for Jeff or Brett tell them Wyatt sent you they will take care of you very well. they are the owners and very very good friends and know their **** very well. brett is 1 of the best installers around bar none. steve meade would be jealous ;)

PJones
01-01-2010, 12:08 AM
Yeah, maybe go check those guys out.
I donno if i want to drive that far tho... especially if i keep going back all the time for more stuff etc. Are there any guys on here that live in UT that know the other places?

Villeza1
01-01-2010, 12:08 AM
if you can stand the 30 minute drive go to audio extremes in riverdale and ask for Jeff or Brett tell them Wyatt sent you they will take care of you very well. they are the owners and very very good friends and know their **** very well. brett is 1 of the best installers around bar none. steve meade would be jealous ;)

Whooo hoooo!! Proud supporter of Audio extremes!

SicAudio
01-01-2010, 12:12 AM
lol

SicAudio
01-01-2010, 12:16 AM
not the same as the guy on here ;)

Villeza1
01-01-2010, 12:20 AM
I know, my dude is better!

Vmann
01-01-2010, 12:20 AM
Yea, stay the hell away from Car Concepts.

Car Tunes in layton is nice. I've heard of a few good places up north, but never spent any time up that way.

Untouchables Autosports in Orem Is very nice, Though it may be a drive for you. They deal Digital Designs, Orion, PPI and more. They can get you just about whatever you want.

SicAudio
01-01-2010, 12:26 AM
I know, my dude is better!

no he isnt lolz i know who you mean and just no......

car tunes is a really decent shop as well they had/have a store in ogden as well.

Vmann
01-01-2010, 12:32 AM
You can also just contact Seth Phillips, who is a member on here, he'll get you hooked up.

PJones
01-01-2010, 12:42 AM
Seth... does he work at a shop or does he just know people?
I've seen a bunch of his posts in this forum.

Vmann
01-01-2010, 12:48 AM
Seth... does he work at a shop or does he just know people?
I've seen a bunch of his posts in this forum.
I know he works at Car Tunes in layton, part time I think? He does installs etc on the side too. You can go straight to him.

He knows his stuff and does good work.

Btw, I sent you a PM.

SicAudio
01-01-2010, 12:54 AM
anyone that works for cartunes would be a good choice they will not hire a hack .

Wasatch
01-09-2010, 05:28 PM
I will also agree with not going to Car Concepts, I know I will never go back again.

scrappy
01-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Im not sure why people hate car concepts. They do nice work but expensive. Audio extreme is also very expensive, hifi is just up the street from there if you go that far. But again they are expensive, like most retail shops. All these shops have had some type of issue no matter what anyone says. Try the guy that just started, when starting out they are a small company and make sure to do a good job. Once they grow they add more installers and problems start. Anyone know the name of the shop that sic used to own? I stayed in utah when I was younger so Im kinda curious

Wasatch
01-16-2010, 10:32 AM
It's the customer relations that need to be worked on especially the manager's.

scrappy
01-16-2010, 12:17 PM
Ive found the customer relations in alot of retail needs work. I hate that they dont care about customers when their the ones that keep the business open

mcbuggin
01-20-2010, 03:43 PM
someone here can help http://utahcaraudio.user-board.net/

Lyndon
06-17-2010, 09:45 PM
I'm in the same boat as the first poster.
Trying to get on the road to Illinois, and wanted to swap out the older Kenwood for a newer Pioneer, but
can't do the simple (remove it from the sleeve--it may be screwed in from the back).
I'm in mid-Salt Lake, and looking for a simple switch.
Don't want to go to Sound Warehouse, or Best Buy...:uhoh:
Would love some suggestions.
Thanks!
Lyndon

Was able to pop out the older Kenwood, and pulled out the harness. Now, I've got to sit down and match the wires. Don't see the "spot" for the remote control
wire for the Pioneer DEH-1200MP. The Kenwood didn't have that accessory. Hoping to have some tunes running by Saturday noon. Then, when I visit my mom's house in Illinois, I'll try popping out the horrible POS stereo in her Camry, and the Kenwood will have a second life!

Last Update:
Sunday afternoon, and new Pioneer is put in the dash.
Thanks to mcbuggin for suggestions, but I had to do it myself.
Still much appreciated in giving me some leads.
Off to start the Long Drive to Illinois.

Wasatch
09-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Another bad post for Car Concepts. My JL Audio G4500 is in protective mode. So I call JL Audio they tell me my warranty is 2 years. I call Car Concepts and they tell me 1 year, but they tell me to bring it in anyways. Actually they told me it's my fault that it is in protective mode, I did something to it. What a bunch of morons. I'm still debating if I should bring it back to them. I really hate that place, and I'm willing to just throw the piece of **** away and buy something new, definitely from somewhere else.

goofy21792
03-27-2012, 03:25 AM
got to audio wizards there new and in south jordan great guys Car Audio Wizard - Utah's Premier Custom Car Audio Experts (http://www.audiowizardonline.com)