PDA

View Full Version : New Infinity Speakers don't sound that great??

tommybrown
12-31-2009, 02:42 PM
I just got a new system in my 2009 camry. I got a sony headunit, 4 Infinity speakers with 2 tweeters, a JBL 4-channel amp, and a 12" woofer with a 2-channel amp. For some reason the Infinity speakers don't sound as good as these blaupunkt speakers that are in my old car that I've had for 7 years. The infinity's are definetely loud but just don't sound as crisp. I've heard that the 4-channel amp may need some adjustment or that new speakers have to be "broken in" and need some time before they reach their full potential. Any thoughts on this?

Sir-Lancelot
12-31-2009, 02:56 PM
I personally think Infinity car speakers are harsh as hell.
They do get loud, but make your ears bleed doing it.

Try the Image Dynamics CTX for an awesome set of comps for less than $200.

tommybrown
12-31-2009, 03:37 PM
yeah that's exactly what I'm experiencing with those infinity's. The stereo shop also had Polk speakers that I was considering. Are those any good? If not then maybe I should try to find Blaupunkt again since those would probably be a sure bet.

95BlackGA
12-31-2009, 03:39 PM
In my experience the newer Blaupunkt speakers aren't very good. I would highly suggest looking into the Polk speakers. Go to that shop, and see if you can hear them, if they sound good, buy them online, and install them yourself.

mlstrass
12-31-2009, 03:40 PM
polk dB's have a nice sound to them, gotta be better then the infinity's you got...

tommybrown
12-31-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm gonna try adjusting the amp first to see if I can get the sound any better...if not than my next step is to go back to the stereo shop and exchange them for the Polk speakers. From the sounds of it I doubt that adjusting the amp would do any good. Thanks for the info.

gunz4me2
12-31-2009, 05:28 PM
Sadly, my last experience with Infinity was that they had a tweeter from hell, a horrible midrange response, and no midbass whatsoever. I actually preferred the CDT TW-25 tweeter to the Infinity Kappa MMDs if that tells you anything.