PDA

View Full Version : Port help for 4 10" RE SE's

GI JOEY
12-31-2009, 12:35 PM
Above subs and a JBL Crown BPX 2200.1 2.5 ft per pair front firing and a rear external slot port tuned to 32HZ.

Anyways here is my delima, Where to have the port exit the box.....

I drew up a quick not to scale pic. What would you choose? I im leaning tward A. Not sure if b will sound very good. This is going in an 01 silverado 2500HD ext cab. The ports will fit between the rear hump and the back of the seat. That way I can use as much arispace as possible for the subs.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j120/joebro82/PortIdea.jpg

thegreatestpenn
12-31-2009, 12:38 PM
i'm not really understanding your picture, any way to use google sketchup so you can provide a 3d model of what you're trying to do?

GI JOEY
12-31-2009, 12:46 PM
you are looking from the top. on A the port starts in the middle of the chamber and the end of the port goes to the edge of the box. on b it starts at the start of the chamber and the end of the port stops about mid way down the box.

boomintahoe
12-31-2009, 09:02 PM
Something what I have is much simpler. I actually have a new box design that I'm gonna build soon.

GI JOEY
01-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Something what I have is much simpler. I actually have a new box design that I'm gonna build soon.

I am in an extended cab truck. My son rides in the back so I cant pull the back seat to fit my subs like that. Thats why I went with a blowthrough on my lat truck. I am stuck with something like this o even just going with round internal ports aimed twards the sides. I am not a huge fan of port forward because of port noise. I am not trying any hair tricks in this truck. lol.

boomintahoe
01-07-2010, 05:49 PM
What about transforming your rear seat into a useable functioning sub box/backseat?

GI JOEY
01-07-2010, 06:20 PM
I'm trying not to do anything that is really noticable. I want to keep the stock seat I have it raised enough for the airspace. I think I am just going to do a common chamber box coming off the back and pointing tward the side. Not sure which side will net the highest spl though with a mic on the window DB drag style.

marcotheclepto
01-07-2010, 06:23 PM
subs passenger port driver. is most common for spl build. i believe.

GI JOEY
01-07-2010, 06:26 PM
I will have 2 on each side of the hump. So I will still port tward driver then. I kinda figured that since the waved needs the extra time to travel. SUV's are so much better. Or the good ole hatches.

boomintahoe
01-07-2010, 10:20 PM
Good luck man. Your gonna love the SE's... Oh and post some build pics if you can.

marcotheclepto
01-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Good luck man. Your gonna love the SE's... Oh and post some build pics if you can.

this :)

GI JOEY
01-07-2010, 11:15 PM
this :)

No worries I will. I pulled my subs out today and am gonna start glassing this week. I have to figure out exactly what airspace I am gonna end up with. I might build the box back a little farther if I need to. I am doing an amprack and gonna make something pretty for the reat kinetik. Wires are ugly.