PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had to warranty the PPI comps yet?

Hoodlum007
12-30-2009, 01:58 PM
My PPI comps lacked power handling and midbass and i ended up blowing one of the mids. I called sonic to get it fixed under warranty and they tell me these are no longer made so they can not do anything. I just got these. WTF?

I called DEI and they told me to contact Poweracoutics, i call Poweracoutics and they tell me to call DEI.

I called Sonic again and they told me again no warrany, i asked them why they state a warranty in the listing of the product and the idiot on the phone tells me they do not sell crystal balls or they would have known it was going to be discontinued.

Anyone have an extra mid for sale PM me, thanx

kroid777
12-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Is not the 1st time I hear they cant take power

here to buy
12-30-2009, 02:00 PM
Replace both mids with something else. They leave much to be desired. I didn't like mine.

Toone
12-30-2009, 02:00 PM
im sure if you email their manager you can get something worked out if not take them to court if they specified the warranty was for a certain time period

kroid777
12-30-2009, 02:02 PM
LoL...Its like a lot of ppl are secretly dissapointed with em...

here to buy
12-30-2009, 02:02 PM
im sure if you email their manager you can get something worked out if not take them to court if they specified the warranty was for a certain time period

Litigate over 50 dollars of product? No offense man, but that's some horrible advice. lmao

hatedonmostly
12-30-2009, 02:05 PM
LoL...Its like a lot of ppl are secretly dissapointed with em...

The tweets and crossovers are supposedly great, but the mids are lacking from what I hear

Hoodlum007
12-30-2009, 02:06 PM
Is not the 1st time I hear they cant take power

They look and feel as solid as a brick but they have horrible power handling, i think they put all the effort into making the comp look good instead of sounding and performing good. I will probably just sell the cross overs and tweeters and try to get some of my money back.

F#%k Sonic!!! :verymad:

hatedonmostly
12-30-2009, 02:08 PM
They look and feel as solid as a brick but they have horrible power handling, i think they put all the effort into making the comp look good instead of sounding and performing good. I will probably just sell the cross overs and tweeters and try to get some of my money back.

F#%k Sonic!!! :verymad:

ruh roh, dude is gettin' mad

Hoodlum007
12-30-2009, 02:09 PM
Replace both mids with something else. They leave much to be desired. I didn't like mine.

Yea i like the tweeters but the mids really ****** hard.

hatedonmostly
12-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Yea i like the tweeters but the mids really ****** hard.

Then just buy some new mids. I've found that mids are usually the disappointing factor in a set of comps. I know they are in my Pioneer TSA's, and I'll eventually buy some better mids down the road.

perfecxionX
12-30-2009, 03:24 PM
How much power did you blow them with? ill agree that the woofers leave much to be desired, but power handling is not one of the problems that ive seen with them. I'd just do what everyone else said; find a new woofer and run them active, or find a woofer similar to the old one and use the passive xovers.