PDA

View Full Version : Budget DIY Loudspeakers?

Suicide Bobb
12-30-2009, 03:13 AM
I need to start another project, and with my alternator in my car dead, car audio is out of the picture at the moment. Buying, selling, fixing, and trading speakers via Craigslist is a lot of fun, but I'm itching to start building my own speakers. I must be using the wrong search terms, because I can't quite find enough information on any site concerning budget DIY loudspeakers. I would like to spend under $150 total, and I care equally for looks as I do sound. I found this build: http://www.parts-express.com/projectshowcase/indexn.cfm?project=Pipes which is $150 and looks tight. I think it would be a fine beginner build, although I do have some experience. I'm no expert at cutting wood, but I think it's feasible. I really like speakers that venture outside of the usual 3-way, square box design. If anyone can point me in the right direction, give me ideas, plans, figures, whatever to help me start my DIY adventure, I would really appreciate it.

By the way, I just downloaded WINisp as I figure it will be very helpful in the future.

Thanks!

-Dylan

SSS 18734
12-30-2009, 03:56 AM
The drivers in that design are all very nice. For $150, you really can't go wrong! I've also heard good things about the tritrix speakers... they're kind of bland, but you could figure out a nice way to finish them.