PDA

View Full Version : I can't decide



Spooney
12-30-2009, 01:27 AM
I've got a 15 inch Fi Q on the way and tomorrow i'm building the enclosure but I am torn on what to build. Its either between 3.1 cubes ported at 34 hz or 2.5 cubes sealed. I have no previous experience with this sub so i don't know what she likes. I dont plan on doing too much bumping for the next few months so i cant decide whether or not i want to run it sealed for a while and then port it when its warmer for maximum daily driving enjoyment or just say **** it and port it now. I'll be running just over 1k. What are your guys thoughts/ opinions?

Johnny Law.Lulz
12-30-2009, 01:34 AM
What would be the difference in bumping in the cold and the warm ?

Spooney
12-30-2009, 01:36 AM
Just dont crank it too much when its cold for whatever reason. Just weird like that i guess

Johnny Law.Lulz
12-30-2009, 01:37 AM
Oh, id say port it now and save the work from happening later.

rusty_armadillo
12-30-2009, 01:43 AM
No point in doing sealed now then building a ported box later. Just build the ported box and don't beat on it.