PDA

View Full Version : Aero Port use w/o inside flare????

Vortec Stroker
12-29-2009, 11:40 AM
Constructing a box for my ext cab truck with one RE SX10 ported with one 4" aero port. The box will be underneath the rear bench and will not acomodate the inside flare. How will this affect port noise? Again the outside flare will be used, but not sure how to fit the inside. I will heat and mold the inside tube and roll the edge as much as I can. Any suggestions?

hazardous0388
12-29-2009, 11:48 AM
cut part of the flare or dont use either flare at all. thats why they make calculations for FLARED aero ports and tube ports.

mazdakid
12-29-2009, 11:51 AM
I used a 6" aero like that, with no aero on the inside of the box. Sounded fine to me and didn't hear any port noise.

hazardous0388
12-29-2009, 11:55 AM
I used a 6" aero like that, with no aero on the inside of the box. Sounded fine to me and didn't hear any port noise.

i also had a 6 inch aero that was loose from a box with 2 12-inch SE's since i only taped it up. literally was hanging out and sounded decent.

doesnt mean there isnt a reason you shouldnt do it that way. :crazy:

from what i have learned from many competitors it is to use it them both or to not use them at all. and it is always best to use them because thats the point of a flared aero port in the first place.

just my $0.02

mazda---i think your sub looks ****.

Vortec Stroker
12-30-2009, 06:58 PM
I will do the best I can to keep the inside flair in tact as much as possible, and I'll let you guys know how it sounds. Thanks!