PDA

View Full Version : Rethinking 4th order in trunk.

TaylorFade
12-28-2009, 07:34 PM
My original plan was a 4th order BP with the vent firing through my ski pass because a few of the members suggested that that was the best way to get all of the pressure into the cabin. I told someone who has experience with installs in IS300's what I was planning and he responded with this...

I'd advise against firing it through the ski pass though since the lower frequencies are measureably longer and need to reflect off the rear of the trunk to fully mature (1/4 wavelength) before they hit your ear.

Comments? So, what is the best way to get the most sound pressure into the cabin without taking out the rear seats?

80INCHES
12-29-2009, 10:32 PM
lol its not a ported box...the wave develops in the ported chamber ...ported chamber acts as an acoustic lowpass filter...

tez4life
12-29-2009, 10:37 PM
lol its not a ported box...the wave develops in the ported chamber ...ported chamber acts as an acoustic lowpass filter...

Exactly.....and this man would know ;)

Boomintempo
12-31-2009, 10:19 PM
You should check out my build log...Mine is a 4th order ported through my ski hole and it sounds soooo much better and WAYYYY louder than my previous setup.

I wholey recommend doing a 4th order blow through.