PDA

View Full Version : upward firing vs. backward firing port

NMLegend19
12-28-2009, 03:41 PM
got my box plans and tuning frequency all good to go, but I just have one more detail to decide on. Should I put the port and sub on the top of the box facing up or on the back of the box facing to the rear?

box is going in a coupe trunk that is pretty small. not a hatchback, a sealed trunk. It would make sense to do it facing upwards cause if I go rear firing the port and sub only have like 3 or 4 inches to breath between them and the back of the trunk, right?

plugitin
12-28-2009, 03:44 PM
usually, sub and port back work best in trunk cars. Unless you fire both fwd and seal the trunk off from the cabin

kodak314
12-28-2009, 03:52 PM
try both

NMLegend19
12-28-2009, 03:54 PM
usually, sub and port back work best in trunk cars. Unless you fire both fwd and seal the trunk off from the cabin
oh alright. anyone else share the same thoughts? oh and I've never heard of forward firing sub/port. How would I go about sealing off the trunk? sound deadener/pieces of mdf?

NMLegend19
12-28-2009, 03:55 PM
try both
yeah I guess thats an option. Although I'd have to make 2 boxes cause I can't tip this one on its side and make a back firing a top firing cause my trunk lid wouldn't close.

plugitin
12-28-2009, 04:00 PM
i wouldnt fire them up...you can try it, but if you were to make only one box, i would either face it rear or fwd.

expanding foam and mdf is your friend if you wana drop your back seats down and fire into the cabin

NMLegend19
12-28-2009, 10:44 PM
i wouldnt fire them up...you can try it, but if you were to make only one box, i would either face it rear or fwd.

expanding foam and mdf is your friend if you wana drop your back seats down and fire into the cabin
Oh well my back seats don't fold down, so I guess forward isn't an option. What makes you say that top mount is bad? Bad sq or what?

NMLegend19
12-28-2009, 10:45 PM

Oh well my back seats don't fold down, so I guess forward isn't an option. What makes you say that top mount is bad? Bad sq or what?