PDA

View Full Version : Putting Damplifer over Spectrum

trunks9_us
12-28-2009, 09:39 AM
I believe I asked this before but cant seem to find the question.

I sprayed my doors a year ago.

I have alrdy sprayed my spectrum but I am thinking about putting spl tiles on top of the spectrum now.

Is there going to help or not help since spectrum has alrdy been sprayed on the doors? I am Mainly doing this do strengthen the door up or bracing you would call it.

Some ppl on DIYMA forums say it is a waste of money to keep putting more deadener or mat on and I should do another alternative like using wooden dowels in between the inner and outter areas of the door to strengthen up the areas. Basically making the wooden dowls in a tight spot by putting wedge between to door inner and outter skin I can see this working but not sure it will work this way.

But I see the as of right now with like 4-6 layer of just spectrum on the outter door shell no mat was on the outter door I am playing music on my stock speakers and I am watching the door outside the door flexs very heavily when it is closed and I am outside looking at it.

Well I plan on using my aftermarket speakers in the future to use 300 rms per speakers and right now it is only 25 rms so it makes me wander what I should do. Panel flexing = energy wasted = less music

Maybe I should put spl tiles on the outter skin over the spectrum?
Then use the LLP then put wooden dowls in between them. Of course I still have to figure out how far my windows go down to see if wooden dowles will work.

I should have mentioned this before but I am eventually planning on putting luxury liner pro over the doors after everything is said and done not sure if putting on LLP will stop the panel on the outside of the car from flexing as much.

The only other thing I can think of then is to buy sludge and just use one gallon per door for sludging then LLP. I really dont want to sludge but if that is the only option I will do so.

Just need some advice on what to do. There's gotta be a way to stop the door from flexing cause the less the door flexes the less waste of energy is being used on the door and more sound can come to my car instead. I am trying to make this perfect as can cause I paid a big amount of money for these speakers about $2700 so I want to try and get the best out of them.

perfecxionX
12-28-2009, 04:52 PM
If you spent that much on speakers and really want to get the best out of them you should just do kickpanels. Frankly i'd like to see a video of your doors with 4-6 layers of spectrum flexing. If that much spectrum didnt solve your problem, adding more matt on top will not fix it.

nineball
12-29-2009, 07:57 PM
x2

i would love to see a video of a door with 4-6 layers of spectrum flex from 25rms to a 5-7" speaker.

RetroAudioinc
12-29-2009, 08:02 PM
I did SPL tiles with edead v3 black over it but I don't think it's going to help if your doors are moving inches... lol

TurdFergueson2
12-29-2009, 08:06 PM
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6854396#post6854396

Even though it wasn't a good idea in that thread you made, it is in this one. Go for it Brah. post pics and results too.