PDA

View Full Version : what box is tuned to?

kyleg94cavy
12-15-2003, 10:39 PM
yeah i need some help. i know quite a bit about car audio. but the whole box tuning thing doesnt really make sense to me. i have a 15" l7, the box i just built is 30" long, 17 high, and about 16 deep. it is dual ported w/ a slot port on each end which is about 3 inches wide..ne help at all? just an estimate.

tommyk90
12-18-2003, 05:11 PM
We'd need to know the height of the ports and the lengths of the ports ...

Jmac!! Nice to see you around again. Oh, and don't worry about my box diagram, i just made a smaller port(not really much port noise though, :confused: ). If you already finished it, my bad.

Sorry about the highjacking. :D

tommyk90
12-18-2003, 05:33 PM
I did finish it, I just never had the time what with moving and the medical tests and what have you. I basically killed myself moving and haven't really been out of bed for the last few weeks except for medical tests, appointments with my doctor, and stuff like that. Then I'm having surgery in January and my doc says I'll probably be in the hospital for at least a week, although he says to expect 2-4 weeks (what a way to spend a month's rent :p), but after I get out of the hospital, I should be "good as new," so I guess that's good news ...

Well, get well soon. We miss ya around here ;)

kyleg94cavy
12-18-2003, 06:48 PM
the ports are 15 inches high, and 13 inches deep. theres two of them...and the box at the top is 23 inches deep and the bottom it's 17! there ya go pleas help!