PDA

View Full Version : viper

limitkid7
12-15-2003, 06:42 PM
viper.....

how do you go from silent mode to mode where it beeps?

viper - 790xv

mattj
12-15-2003, 06:45 PM
The intruction manual tells you everything.

limitkid7
12-15-2003, 07:02 PM
checked there.......

this is the 2nd time this has happened......

all functions work except for the beep....

mattj
12-15-2003, 07:03 PM
You have to reset the alarm by pressing your secret button and having your key in. theres a certain way to do it...it takes about 5 seconds. Ive done it a few times on mine.

limitkid7
12-15-2003, 07:05 PM
testing........

limitkid7
12-15-2003, 07:13 PM
bless you!!!!

thanks for the assistance, now i don't have to go and slap some installers!

mattj
12-16-2003, 12:52 AM
You can also hit the right button, then the left to lock or unlock the car without engaging the alarm sound and it only does it for that single time in case you dont feel like hearing the alarm or whatever.

limitkid7
12-16-2003, 01:16 AM
nah i want it to go off........ esp., since i got an extra siren installed inside the car to discouarge some while alerting a h#ll of a lot more people......

http://www.radiomancaraudio.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=DE513T

limitkid7
02-04-2004, 08:31 AM
anyone ever heard of this alarm messing up ur gear shifting ... my example is..

when my car is running it won't **** from park into anything
i have to put the key in the ignition then move car to N then start it and go from there.... Anyone ever heard of this alarm cause malfunction w/shifting??????????????????

i have a 2k ford taurus

fast4door
02-04-2004, 10:14 AM
anyone ever heard of this alarm messing up ur gear shifting ... my example is..

when my car is running it won't **** from park into anything
i have to put the key in the ignition then move car to N then start it and go from there.... Anyone ever heard of this alarm cause malfunction w/shifting??????????????????
Are you refering to when it has be remotly started you cant shift it without being in neutral or it wont start remotely unless in neutral? It could be a neutral saftey switch!! usually only used on manual trans though.

nah i want it to go off........ esp., since i got an extra siren installed inside the car to discouarge some while alerting a h#ll of a lot more people......
If your worried about theaft why not hook some air horns up to your alarm as well as 6 extra mini piezo through out cabin and trunk, I am getting a second set of air horns to put under the rear of the car, already the alarm will make u pretty much deaf cant wait till the 2nd set come.

limitkid7
02-04-2004, 10:33 AM
what i'm saying has nothing to do w/it starting.. it has no problem starting

i'll try to rephrase it

car is in park, put key in, start car, then shift into drive

that is what a car is supposed to do...

here is what mine does

car is in park, put key in, start car, then attempt to shift to drive but it won't shift out of park...

what i have to do is

put key in, shift to neutral, then start car and shift into drive or reverse, etc..

hoss
02-04-2004, 10:51 AM
viper.....

how do you go from silent mode to mode where it beeps?

viper - 790xv

i guess you are talking about on the remote unit... press and hold all 4 buttons on the remote until it beeps. then press the lock button, this switches between vibrate and beeping. this is in the instruction manual.

i have this unit and i havent had any problems with my transmission. it could just be a problem with your transmission, i dont think the alarm is connected to the tranny in anyway.

limitkid7
02-04-2004, 10:53 AM
ok peep game, i got all the problems fixed but this one.....

what i'm saying has nothing to do w/it starting.. it has no problem starting

i'll try to rephrase it

car is in park, put key in, start car, then shift into drive

that is what a car is supposed to do...

here is what mine does

car is in park, put key in, start car, then attempt to shift to drive but it won't shift out of park...

what i have to do is

put key in, shift to neutral, then start car and shift into drive or reverse, etc..

if it is a transmission problem then someone will be SUPER PISSED, lol (warranty place)

fast4door
02-04-2004, 01:30 PM
Well I have a 93 SHO ATX and mine would buck in and out of gears, I had my dad look at it and he found the gear inside the range sensor had frozen up and was miss aligned, we replaced it and problem fixed. So I would if I were you have some one with experiance look and diagnois the problem, tranny work can endup being very expensive(my dad makes his living off of them, Master tranny tech for ford).

limitkid7
02-04-2004, 02:02 PM
i think i know the pblm.. i think its brake wire sensor is outta of socket.. bout to do some basic splicin of wires, etc... be mr fix auh car!!

fast4door
02-04-2004, 02:25 PM
Get a Chiltons Manual!!!!!!!!!

limitkid7
02-04-2004, 05:44 PM
got it fixed... whew (wire was snapped in half)...... lil ducktape and about 3 minutes of hell (knees on concrete, cold weather, windin up wires)

fast4door
02-04-2004, 05:52 PM
job well done

limitkid7
03-16-2004, 11:53 PM
anyway to change the tone/ringer on the remote?

when you put the batteries in i noticed it has this lil song.....

limitkid7
05-19-2004, 04:45 PM
my rear tail light went out, causing my alarm system to not work properly, i think this was due to when you activate alarm the lights would flash, etc.

i replaced tail light, and now the alarm still isn't operating correctly - when you hit the alarm button or auto start button, the signal does go to the car but the signal doesn't transmit back to the alarm meaning the alarm acts as though the signal wasn't trasmitted....

ANY INFO?

im going to take out the tail like and put it back in to see if this was just a 1 time thing? has anyone else had simlar problems or know how to fix the issue?