PDA

View Full Version : Another bad day!

mexburito
12-21-2009, 03:02 PM
:mad: I bought a set of New Morel Tempo 6X and had them installed like 2 days ago and all of a sudden they start distortioning. Well I take them out and sure enough the tweeter and the speaker is blown on one side. I have a JL Audio 450/4 on them. Is that amp to much for my components? Should I go with some other set that will take the power? I really cant spend over 200.00. Seeing that I bought them online they cant do anything for me cause I installed them. It will take over a month to get them repaired is what they said. I really can not be without my tunes for that long. What to do. What other 6.5 components do ya guys recommend that will handle that power? Thanks.

joeybutts
12-21-2009, 03:04 PM
No offense, sounds like a user issue, not equipment issue....

blazeplacid
12-21-2009, 04:35 PM
what were you settings and how loud did you drive these?

KyleBechtold
12-21-2009, 04:37 PM
what were you settings and how loud did you drive these?

already know the answer to this.. atleast what they will say..

"the settings were low.. They weren't very loud. I just don't understand"

joeybutts
12-21-2009, 05:39 PM
I would think those would be a near perfect match....

mexburito
12-21-2009, 08:26 PM
I really didn't listen to them that loud. I didn't even turn it up all the way. I picked it up listened to it for about half an hour and the next day I could here a rasping noise coming from that side. But thanks the installer commented something about the crossover being really cheaply made and that that might of been a problem besides it having to much power from my amp. Should I invest in other crossovers? What do ya think?

mexburito
12-21-2009, 08:36 PM
As far as settings they set all the settings at the installers. I have a stock navagation in an escalade with a cleansweep. So I didn't mess with it really.

eharri3
12-21-2009, 09:22 PM
Power doesn't kill speakers, people do.

frmdrkside
12-23-2009, 04:35 AM
I really didn't listen to them that loud. I didn't even turn it up all the way. I picked it up listened to it for about half an hour and the next day I could here a rasping noise coming from that side. But thanks the installer commented something about the crossover being really cheaply made and that that might of been a problem besides it having to much power from my amp. Should I invest in other crossovers? What do ya think?

You should invest in a new installer!

FJF
12-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Power doesn't kill speakers, people do.

QFT