PDA

View Full Version : lookin for new mids..

BeAlLsTaR13
12-17-2009, 10:11 PM
well the way it looks, one of my RSD mids blew, dunno how but oh well

im looking for a pair of mids, dont need tweets i still got my DD tweeters, their fine for now

but looking for a pair of mids, about 6" in size, trying to get the pair for.. <120 at least, cash is short, stupid holiday season.. looking for some that will sound good and ones that can get pretty loud in the vocal area

suggestions?

Plottin4success
12-17-2009, 10:16 PM
I was suggested to dind some Id OEMs.

I'm lookin for new mids as well.

BeAlLsTaR13
12-17-2009, 10:33 PM
got a link to those?

dragnix
12-17-2009, 10:35 PM
check diyma or pm hessdawg, he's the only that sells them I believe

BeAlLsTaR13
12-17-2009, 10:53 PM
check diyma or pm hessdawg, he's the only that sells them I believe

ok ill look into it thanks

anyone have any other suggestions?

kyleorsini
12-18-2009, 12:55 AM
Mach 5, there cheap :)

Plottin4success
12-18-2009, 01:32 AM
Mach 5, there cheap :)

I forgot about Mach 5 making mids. Imma go check those out!

I'm just worried about trusting something thats Canadian. Haha

BeAlLsTaR13
12-18-2009, 07:22 AM
I forgot about Mach 5 making mids. Imma go check those out!

I'm just worried about trusting something thats Canadian. Haha

this.

James Bang
12-18-2009, 11:09 AM
Mids for an active setup or makeshift passive?

Plottin4success
12-18-2009, 11:12 AM
this.

Seriously though, I have never heard anything bad about Mach 5 Audio. I think I'm gonna give them a shot.

Anyone know anything about the Cadence CVL mids? There is a member on here that will sell them to me. All I could find is that they look like a Dynaudio speaker.

SPLluminator
12-18-2009, 11:14 AM
Im running some Mpyre mids. I love em. Maybe if you could find a pair of those somewhere. Id consider selling mine.

kyleorsini
12-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Pm mark on here and he will answer any questions u have about them, I will be running them for my new build :)

jerseyboy
12-18-2009, 12:56 PM
I have some ID's FS.. I can do $90 shipped!!!

BeAlLsTaR13
12-18-2009, 03:11 PM
they'll be ran passive

altoncustomtech
12-18-2009, 03:37 PM
well the way it looks, one of my RSD mids blew, dunno how but oh well

im looking for a pair of mids, dont need tweets i still got my DD tweeters, their fine for now

but looking for a pair of mids, about 6" in size, trying to get the pair for.. <120 at least, cash is short, stupid holiday season.. looking for some that will sound good and ones that can get pretty loud in the vocal area

suggestions?

to the highlighted comment above... I would recommend changing the Power Acoustik amp out for a higher quality amp.... PA amps are well known for being noisy and inaccurate... I've also seen a couple with a little bit of DC offset on the ouputs as well, which is a quick killer for speakers.... I have a set of the RSD 6.5"s on a Hifonics ZXi4006 100x2 and so far they're taking the abuse very well with no HP filter at all....

BeAlLsTaR13
12-18-2009, 03:44 PM
yeah, well my mids blew after i started having some problems, ive got a thread on it, but got barly any help, heres my other thread, where i actually got some decent help if you wanna check for yourself

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25242

Johnny Law.Lulz
12-18-2009, 03:46 PM
by going to your CACO link i realized Nismos14 is an idiot because my perma ban reason is "you're own fault" he doesnt know his grammar i guess.

altoncustomtech
12-18-2009, 04:13 PM
yeah, well my mids blew after i started having some problems, ive got a thread on it, but got barly any help, heres my other thread, where i actually got some decent help if you wanna check for yourself

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25242

wow..... that's alot of problems......... have you taken a reading on the mid you believe is blown and seen whether it shows open or a high resistance, or hook it up to a different source to be sure it's blown? just curious... anyway, that's one long list of troubleshooting..... VERY good for you, glad to see you're putting forth effort to resolve the problem, so many people just blame it on bad equipment and go change everything out......... which brings me to the point of wondering: 1. When you checked the RCA's did you try a different set to see if it got better? 2. Did you check the wiring going to the speaker from the crossover for shorts like the other guy asked? 3. Have you tried a different HU or amp to see how everything acts with the equipment changed out? 4. Have you tried hooking up a speaker temporarily to the different channels on the amp to see what it sounds like with the wiring out of the equation?

I ask all these questions because I believe they should be the next steps in troubleshooting the problem(s) if you've not already done them..... I say problem(s) because in all actuality it sounds like more than one to me and usually the easiest way to find out what's wrong is to start at the beginning and check each link in the chain one at a time.....

BeAlLsTaR13
12-18-2009, 08:33 PM
wow..... that's alot of problems......... have you taken a reading on the mid you believe is blown and seen whether it shows open or a high resistance, or hook it up to a different source to be sure it's blown? just curious... anyway, that's one long list of troubleshooting..... VERY good for you, glad to see you're putting forth effort to resolve the problem, so many people just blame it on bad equipment and go change everything out......... which brings me to the point of wondering: 1. When you checked the RCA's did you try a different set to see if it got better? 2. Did you check the wiring going to the speaker from the crossover for shorts like the other guy asked? 3. Have you tried a different HU or amp to see how everything acts with the equipment changed out? 4. Have you tried hooking up a speaker temporarily to the different channels on the amp to see what it sounds like with the wiring out of the equation?

I ask all these questions because I believe they should be the next steps in troubleshooting the problem(s) if you've not already done them..... I say problem(s) because in all actuality it sounds like more than one to me and usually the easiest way to find out what's wrong is to start at the beginning and check each link in the chain one at a time.....

1, dont have another pair of RCAs to check, which is why i would like to be able to find the voltage coming out of the HU preouts, which ill have to do in the rear (but how do i measure RCA voltage?)

2, tomorrow i plan on replacing the speaker wire going from the mids to the crossovers and from the crossovers to the amp, i currently have knu clear blue wire or w/e its called

3, dont have a secondary amp or HU laying around to try :/

4, yes i did hook the mid up to the other channel and same thing occured.

ill have a vid up tomorrow of whats going on for a better understanding of the problems im having.

BeAlLsTaR13
12-18-2009, 08:35 PM
anyways whats a good decent pair of mids i can get for like less than 120 new? i'd prefer new only cuz, idk if something fails i know its no one else's fault.

SPLluminator
12-18-2009, 08:38 PM
anyways whats a good decent pair of mids i can get for like less than 120 new? i'd prefer new only cuz, idk if something fails i know its no one else's fault.

Well you could buy my mpyres for 90 shipped. They are almost new. I ran them for a week.

kyleorsini
12-18-2009, 09:01 PM
mach 5 mids are 39.60 each shipped ;)

BeAlLsTaR13
12-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Well you could buy my mpyres for 90 shipped. They are almost new. I ran them for a week.

what size? and whats the specs on them?

mach 5 mids are 39.60 each shipped ;)

yeah, but how do they sound? and can they make the vocals scream?