PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick my components

Dawnoffatex
12-12-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm looking for something probably <$250

I have polk db651s all around.

One of the fronts blew, probably because it's underpowered from factory HU. I have a pioneer deh-3900mp head unit that i'm going to put in - and I was considering getting front components and a 4 channel amp.

I'm looking for suggestions for each, primarily what component set to go that would line up with the power reqs that the polk rears would have (also, if there is a better suggestion for rear speakers i would take out the polks)

After that i'm going to start doing some amp research, really need something that will fit under my seats to keep things low key.

I will NOT be running any kind of subwoofer.

kyleorsini
12-12-2009, 05:35 PM
your speakers did not blow becasue of being underpowering by hu, the blew from misuse.

Dawnoffatex
12-12-2009, 06:00 PM
your speakers did not blow becasue of being underpowering by hu, the blew from misuse.

Well, thats what I was told. That's a rather bold statement to make considering all I do is play the radio at moderate volumes. I lost one of the four, front pass specifically.

Dawnoffatex
12-17-2009, 02:57 AM
bump for any advice =)

Louisiana_CRX
12-17-2009, 02:59 AM
you probably clipped them bittches to death.....

Dawnoffatex
12-17-2009, 04:08 PM
you probably clipped them bittches to death.....

Yea, that's kind of what i figured. Time to do it right =)

Opinion on http://www.crutchfield.com/S-NSOP1nrjw9b/p_107DB6501/Polk-Audio-db6501.html?o=r&tp=106&tab=features_and_specs ?

Best reviewed components on crutchfield, I can pick them up for like $100 though - My budget is 150-250 so if I can get something significantly better I would consider it.

I was also looking at the alpine pdx 4.100 amp - it can fit under my seat and 100 rms should be plenty to power both my rear polks and those components no?