PDA

View Full Version : Moment of truth here

boomsta
12-12-2003, 02:18 PM
okay the box for my truck is going into completion tomorrow. I have asked about porting before but heres my final one. 28 or 30 and whatsgoing to be the difference? I need the boom and SQ something that will wang from blocks away. I have four fifteen inch titaniums going in and two 1500 watt amps running the four subs. Will there be any differencebetween the two porting scenarios? will porting to 30 give me the wang over a 28? or is there no noticabnle difference?

I also wanted to say thanks as all your help has been imeasurable in getting this thing done correctly so i can get the results needed for this thing.

Oh heres the specs on the subs in case thats important which i am sure it probably might be.

Fs- 26.44 HZ
Re - 2.9 ohms
Qms- 9.49
Qes- 0.55
Qts- 0.52
Vas- 120.78 liters
Cms- 137 uM/Newton
BL- 15.28 Tesla
SPL(1w/1m)- 89db
Sd- 792 sq cm
Xmax (field)- 35mm p-p

Guess what i dont know what any of that **** means!

I got mail! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!! - crank yankers

LoneRanger
12-14-2003, 12:38 PM
okay the box for my truck is going into completion tomorrow. I have asked about porting before but heres my final one. 28 or 30 and whatsgoing to be the difference? I need the boom and SQ something that will wang from blocks away. I have four fifteen inch titaniums going in and two 1500 watt amps running the four subs. Will there be any differencebetween the two porting scenarios? will porting to 30 give me the wang over a 28? or is there no noticabnle difference?

I also wanted to say thanks as all your help has been imeasurable in getting this thing done correctly so i can get the results needed for this thing.

Oh heres the specs on the subs in case thats important which i am sure it probably might be.

Fs- 26.44 HZ
Re - 2.9 ohms
Qms- 9.49
Qes- 0.55
Qts- 0.52
Vas- 120.78 liters
Cms- 137 uM/Newton
BL- 15.28 Tesla
SPL(1w/1m)- 89db
Sd- 792 sq cm
Xmax (field)- 35mm p-p

Guess what i dont know what any of that **** means!

I got mail! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!! - crank yankers

I can't honestly tell the difference between 2hz of tuning either way, so I doubt you could either.

bigred78797
12-15-2003, 02:19 PM
Like LoneRanger said it is EXTREAMEly difficult... nearly impossible for a human ear to tell the difference between tuning frequencies so close together. But for the mic used in competition it could cost you .1 to 1 or 2 decibels. Which in compitition every decible or portion of decible counts. If you are looking to boom and SQ i personally would go around 35ish but that was for my car. In competitions each system is taylor made to each cars specs and resonance and tuned around that. I would find that frequency first then tune towards it.