PDA

View Full Version : New old guy from Michigan

kamguy
12-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Stalking around for a while figured it was time to join. Been around car audio since 1979 and still love it.
Building a system for an 07 crew cab Chevy. HU is a Pioneer 4100 with HAT L841 3 way front stage and L4s in the rear doors. Using a JL Stealthbox with 2 103v3-4s. Picking out amps is harder than I thought it would be. I'll post pics as the build progresses.
Nice to be here.
BK

-Leister-
12-10-2009, 10:40 PM
What part of Michigan are you from?

plugitin
12-10-2009, 10:42 PM
What part of Michigan are you from?

x2

SPLluminator
12-10-2009, 10:44 PM
x3

99grandprixGT
12-10-2009, 10:45 PM
sure why not x4

MrSplorDie
12-10-2009, 10:46 PM
x5

SPLluminator
12-10-2009, 10:48 PM
I think im gonna start a real local team. All people in the West MI area. Im thinkin the name will be Team EarPhucked

-Leister-
12-10-2009, 10:49 PM
Do it.. I think it will be more realistic than the other michigan teams.

SPLluminator
12-10-2009, 10:50 PM
Do it.. I think it will be more realistic than the other michigan teams.

Would you be interested? Ill be a 149.9 bassracer

brmcm15
12-10-2009, 10:51 PM
x6?

-Leister-
12-10-2009, 10:52 PM
Oh yes im down. I wont be putting up that high of numbers. Ill prolly do 139.9

ExpiredDrummer
12-10-2009, 10:53 PM
x7 im betting near houghton lake

MrSplorDie
12-10-2009, 10:53 PM
Im in western michigan

SPLluminator
12-10-2009, 10:54 PM
Oh yes im down. I wont be putting up that high of numbers. Ill prolly do 139.9

Thats fine tho. We dont need everyone to be highly competitive. Just a bunch of guys who love the sport

brmcm15
12-10-2009, 10:54 PM
Team EarPhucked

nice

WrenchGuy
12-10-2009, 10:57 PM
x7

-Leister-
12-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Thats fine tho. We dont need everyone to be highly competitive. Just a bunch of guys who love the sport

Plus im still kinda learning. But we can work something out.

WrenchGuy
12-10-2009, 10:58 PM

I'm down!

Louisiana_CRX
12-10-2009, 11:00 PM
you found a good place...Welcome to the forum :bigwave:

kamguy
12-11-2009, 12:46 AM
Live in Jackson area, but get around state alot boating or riding.
Didn't get back to this cause i'm busy looking at amps. Want 24db crossovers and didn't wan't to fool with outboard if I didn't have to. Got alot of time on my hands to research though, laying in the hospital recovering from a freak snowmobile wreck.
BK

MrSplorDie
12-11-2009, 12:49 AM
who wants to help deaden my doors?

whitedragon551
12-11-2009, 12:51 AM
x8 I lost count. MrSplorDie where at in the West? I might be able to help out. I know BlackBonnie from here as well. He lives right down the road from me.

MrSplorDie
12-11-2009, 12:53 AM
x8 I lost count. MrSplorDie where at in the West? I might be able to help out. I know BlackBonnie from here as well. He lives right down the road from me.

oak park

MikeyF
12-11-2009, 12:59 AM
who wants to help deaden my doors?

This! I need to do my doors as well.

Spooney
12-11-2009, 01:01 AM
Welcome to the board fellow michiganian. Your not too far from me. I live in charlotte about 20 minutes south of lansing. Sorry to hear about the wreck. Good luck with your build. As far as the competition team goes is there even enough shows around here anymore to throw a team together? dB drag seems pretty dead. Used to be huge back when i competed.

MrSplorDie
12-11-2009, 01:03 AM
This! I need to do my doors as well.

lol we need to start a committee

assassyn
12-11-2009, 01:05 AM
laying in the hospital recovering from a freak snowmobile wreck.
BK

It just snowed dude, way to start the session. :eek:

Toone
12-11-2009, 01:08 AM
well **** if were having a door deadening party im down lol

MrSplorDie
12-11-2009, 01:11 AM
well **** if were having a door deadening party im down lol

lol ill bring the liqour

MikeyF
12-11-2009, 01:35 AM
lol ill bring the liqour

This could sound promising. Haha

MrSplorDie
12-11-2009, 01:36 AM
:) i say we set it up one day... liquor + 12volts + car audio... wats the worst that could happen?

Toone
12-11-2009, 01:40 AM
:) i say we set it up one day... liquor + 12volts + car audio... wats the worst that could happen?
as long as no saws are involved i think we'll still have all of our fingers and limbs so nothing horrible lol

MikeyF
12-11-2009, 01:52 AM
Who's got the deadener? =]. Haha, I need to get some asap.

MrSplorDie
12-11-2009, 01:58 AM
We could all go in on some

MikeyF
12-11-2009, 02:00 AM
If we could get it cheap enough, i'd be down to do more than my doors.

jgrant517
12-11-2009, 02:16 AM
just down the road from me, I live on Lake Leanne about 15mi south of Jackson.

kamguy
12-11-2009, 09:39 AM
Jackson isn't a very good area as far as mobile audio shops, got used to it after all these years. Helped us to be alot more DIY.
Your right assassyn, crashing, totaling sled and being laid up not a real good start to the season. More time to work on the new system I guess.
BK

MikeyF
12-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Jackson isn't a very good area as far as mobile audio shops, got used to it after all these years. Helped us to be alot more DIY.
Your right assassyn, crashing, totaling sled and being laid up not a real good start to the season. More time to work on the new system I guess.
BK

Michigans not really good for shops at all =[.

WrenchGuy
12-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Uh oh the making of another failed Michigan thread.

Although a Michigan group buy on Deadener would be cool. I think someone would be down with that.

MikeyF
12-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Uh oh the making of another failed Michigan thread.

Although a Michigan group buy on Deadener would be cool. I think someone would be down with that.

Shiit, even if it's two people, haah. I just haven't been motivated to do it, and theres close to no room in the garage to do it. And I won't even think about doing it outside, hahaha.

WrenchGuy
12-11-2009, 03:01 PM
IDK. The ideas of meets and all that jazz never go further than the thread its put in. Why have comps when we can't even gather to meter and hangout for the price of travel. Everyone just pisses and moans until things happen "down state" so its convenient for everyone.

Our doors are open to Michigan guys that need a weekend to get something done and get help and share ideas about a meet and all. Its always too far I guess. We want to see more installs up our way to encourage the locals and surrounding areas.

So I have no sympathy. I would drive to come hangout its no biggie as long as I have nothing going on. Whats 50 bucks to meet and actually put faces to people. If anything go the swap meet route to sell something to make up for the travel expense.

MikeyF
12-11-2009, 03:07 PM
You gotz a link to your shop Wrench Guy?

profundus-sanus
12-11-2009, 03:11 PM
BK

pretty much...

da box king
12-11-2009, 03:21 PM
IDK. The ideas of meets and all that jazz never go further than the thread its put in. Why have comps when we can't even gather to meter and hangout for the price of travel. Everyone just pisses and moans until things happen "down state" so its convenient for everyone.

Our doors are open to Michigan guys that need a weekend to get something done and get help and share ideas about a meet and all. Its always too far I guess. We want to see more installs up our way to encourage the locals and surrounding areas.

So I have no sympathy. I would drive to come hangout its no biggie as long as I have nothing going on. Whats 50 bucks to meet and actually put faces to people. If anything go the swap meet route to sell something to make up for the travel expense.

that pretty much sums it up

and I'm all deadened up, with 2-3 layers all around, but I could drink:cool:

Toone
12-11-2009, 03:23 PM
well im down on the group buy if you guys are :)

WrenchGuy
12-11-2009, 03:52 PM
You gotz a link to your shop Wrench Guy?

No links we are just too small to setup something like that. I think we are gonna set up a Facebook or something for it.

We are not a big establishment but have the same priorities as the DIYers that are known on forums.

You could say we are a small trio that is aiming for the scene. We are scraping by to keep things alive but want to get some recognition for our efforts. We are doing half way decent for what we started with. The Bay gets bigger as the ideas flow.

We want to feed the SPL guys what they need but its a shop and most things are "typical" to what you would see in chains around the state. My forum cruising has given me insight on equipment from our distributors that are mainstream but budget friendly items that deliver.

We soon hope to get IA, Sundown, and a couple others on our shelves. I'm just a friend of the owners and I share my ideas. Its just hard to convince them to get these brands because I can't get enough people with said product to come around here and show them and the locals the setups.

I'm forking out my own money just to get a full IA build in my Tahoe just to show my enthusiasm towards it all. I'd really like to see a team come out of it which is why I started the the Northern Michigan thread to group everyone together.

We just want to be the pit stop before guys go to the web for stuff. Thats the toughest part of the Local shop of course. There are just things we can't offer and we have to deal with that.

WrenchGuy
12-11-2009, 03:56 PM
well im down on the group buy if you guys are :)

We would have to vote for which company to present the idea to.

I myself have no problem presenting the idea.

Toone
12-11-2009, 03:59 PM
No links we are just too small to setup something like that. I think we are gonna set up a Facebook or something for it.

We are not a big establishment but have the same priorities as the DIYers that are known on forums.

ill hook you guys up with a site for free if you like it i can get super cheap hosting etc but wont charge for design etc pm me if your interested

We would have to vote for which company to present the idea to.

I myself have no problem presenting the idea.
that should prolly be the next thread made containing michigan lol

Kross6622
12-11-2009, 04:05 PM
im in

WrenchGuy
12-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Let me help you guys relate to us a little bit.

Take yourself and 2 friends for example. Together you guys can window tint, fiberglass, design and build enclosures. Get what money you can to start up.

Go rent a showroom with an install bay attached to it. Now get your electronics distributors and supplies to detail cars.

That is how it all started. We are small in a small town but we want to have impressive installs make it out of here. We want you to drive 2 plus hours just to have us do it.

We have a TL by chance. We do not stock a whole lot either. It would just be nice if guys came to get the help they need and share ideas to make them and their friends come back. It evolves from there.

If you seriously need help with something I will help you personally. Just give me a heads up and I get the day that is available. I've worked out in the cold and **** before so I know what its like.