PDA

View Full Version : 1st Comp in Colorado 2010.

sub-FATHER
12-10-2009, 02:18 AM
so whats the earliest you guys are willing to show up for a show? and who all is gonna have something to compete with this year.

i would like to do something a little different this year. and have a couple of events where we have three stages of the competition.

1.)outlaw burp score
2.)Bassrace score ( closest to 29.9,39.9 ,49.9) without going over
3.)drive by score

least amount of points wins. the goal is to end up with the least amount.

points will be given for the bass race section, if you get it on the dot you receive 1 point, if you miss it by 2=2 points etc...
if you go over at any point you automatically get 5 =points

you will receive 1 point for highest spl in your class

you will receive 1 point for highest drive by in your class

your drive by score will be subtracted from your burp score, and the person with the smallest difference will get 1 point, 2nd = 2 point etc... in your class.

Louisiana_CRX
12-10-2009, 02:20 AM
you can hit higher numbers when the air temp is cold :D

sub-FATHER
12-10-2009, 02:21 AM
you can hit higher numbers when the air temp is cold :D

well its like below zero here and i'm sure no one wants to do any in winter.
Windows would be shattering...

NoCoSPL
12-10-2009, 02:22 AM
Sounds like too much math and confusing ****.

NoCoSPL
12-10-2009, 02:23 AM

Only time i shattered my windshield was when it was this cold :fyi:

sub-FATHER
12-10-2009, 02:24 AM

its actually simple. lowest total numbers win. chances of a tie are slim, but gives people that are not the loudest in their class to have a chance due to the bass race section, and the diffence between the spl and drive by score. you could win the spl and the drive by but go over in the bass race and be 5 points down and loose. its actaully quite simple.

d-REW
12-10-2009, 02:55 AM

this

Louisiana_CRX
12-10-2009, 02:58 AM

that would make some cool you tube videos....:)

and I thought it was cold at 50 outside today :crap:

schackel
12-10-2009, 03:08 AM
i am down. i will have my **** in my then

sub-FATHER
12-10-2009, 01:13 PM
this

the math is for the judges and this accomidates everyone in your class,

if you cant bassrace and control your volume then you end up with extra unwanted points.

if you decide to sandbag in the spl section so your driveby isnt that far off, (which is a strategy in this set up) then you will have the smallest difference between the two numbers.

however you wont have to be the loudest in your class to win, this opens the door for more chances of winning other than the guys who have the money and rediculous systems that are guaranteed to put up big numbers

this will also prevent people from showing up with a box for burping only, everyone will have to be able to play music

this will be just like learning a new board game. all the other orginizations didnt just start without glitches, but this will end up being easier than it looks at first

highest spl = 1, points
2nd place = 2, etc

highest drive by =1 point
2nd place = 2 etc...

smallest difference
from the two scores =1 point
2nd place =2 etc...

bass race points off
or desired goal 139.9
149.9, 129.9 ,= 1 point

off by 1 (139.8) = 2 point etc
go over at all = 5 points

the winner of each devision,

1 sub = lowest points when all are added together

2 sub= " "

3+ sub= " "

sub-FATHER
12-10-2009, 10:32 PM

thought you were in school? math should be easy, but if everything were easy everyone would do it!

d-REW
12-11-2009, 11:16 PM
bassrace was created for shows to be fair i think.

sub-FATHER
12-13-2009, 12:55 AM
bassrace was created for shows to be fair i think.

this sport needs to advance or its gonna get boring, the only way to advance it, is to make it more competitive since the competitors are so diversified in their system make up. as it is now the people with the most money win! thats crap!!!

mlstrass
12-13-2009, 12:00 PM
this sport needs to advance or its gonna get boring, the only way to advance it, is to make it more competitive since the competitors are so diversified in their system make up. as it is now the people with the most money win! thats crap!!!

only way around that is to out smart them...

sub-FATHER
12-13-2009, 08:22 PM
only way around that is to out smart them...

yeah that works but makes it one way either way. either you build your system to burp at 60hz and not musical at all or spend an *** ton of money to have an azz ton of subs and amps an batts and wire etc...

d-REW
12-14-2009, 12:24 AM
not really this is like making it the special olympics spl= loudest wins. make more classes to make it fair.

sub-FATHER
12-14-2009, 12:27 AM
not really this is like making it the special olympics spl= loudest wins. make more classes to make it fair.

make more classes for who? theres only been 20 at most that came to our last show, and 20 the time before that one. pretty soon we will just be handing out trophys. just have to make it more competitive by changing something!

i know you wouldnt be happy if i showed up with one 12 in the crx and a goliath 5k burping at 60hz would ya?

d-REW
12-14-2009, 12:30 AM
wouldnt matter i beat it with 1 18 and a golliath lol..

sub-FATHER
12-14-2009, 12:37 AM
wouldnt matter i beat it with 1 18 and a golliath lol..

nope...guess not.

sub-FATHER
12-14-2009, 12:39 AM
i just put those 2 sets of 6.5 boston pro mids in my crx doors and hooked em up to a alpine four channel and a rockford fosgate head unit and it sounds soo good, it screams. james and i will build the 4 12's for it this next weekend and i'm feeding those with 1 goliath, and then im going to put the 2 sets of 4in boston pros and boston tweets in for the rear fill.

d-REW
12-14-2009, 12:50 AM
d amn that should sound nice.

schackel
12-14-2009, 12:55 AM
i want to go fyi

NoCoSPL
12-14-2009, 01:00 AM
I think we should just stick to bassrace and spl burbing, maybe throw in a fun event at every show, i think it would be fun to port race in the 169.9 class lol

TnT_Sounds
12-14-2009, 01:46 PM
I think we should just stick to bassrace and spl burbing, maybe throw in a fun event at every show, i think it would be fun to port race in the 169.9 class lol

This^

And a form of port wars would be nice. Maybe something similar to drive-by as well. Weekend afternoon shows are mainly all I want.

Who would be hosting the shows?

Nismofreak
12-14-2009, 02:19 PM
I think james junior/senior

GAM3OVR
12-14-2009, 02:24 PM
I think we should just stick to ****

fixed

NoCoSPL
12-14-2009, 03:12 PM
fixed

How come you never come to the shows? Takes too much money to ferry your car from russia?? :confused:

NoCoSPL
12-14-2009, 03:17 PM
I think james junior/senior

Which one is which? Request name change for big james and little james. Id call one of them gay james but then they wouldn't know which one was which. :crap:

;)

mlstrass
12-14-2009, 03:18 PM
yeah that works but makes it one way either way. either you build your system to burp at 60hz and not musical at all or spend an *** ton of money to have an azz ton of subs and amps an batts and wire etc...

costs $$$ to play in this game...

SicAudio
12-14-2009, 03:18 PM
lo;

NoCoSPL
12-14-2009, 03:26 PM
costs $$$ to play in this game...

Lmk when you visit loveland, I'm 5 min away :)

mlstrass
12-14-2009, 03:28 PM
at smaller shows bass race will be the ONLY class where everyone has a fair shot at winning. You can't do 20 diff classes with only 20 competitors showing up.

I've done a lot of local shows and they usually do 3 classes: trunk, SUV, modified (wall). Not very fair, but again it's a local show so you should be going to hang out and meet people, hear other cars, etc... Unless you're really into plastic trophies LOL

Make people meter on music, no tones and let them open a window/door so spectators can hear it.

TnT_Sounds
12-14-2009, 03:31 PM
IMHO, just leave it the way it was before and add something similar to 'BassRace' before it gets to un-organized for what little people there are into it.

mlstrass
12-14-2009, 03:32 PM
Lmk when you visit loveland, I'm 5 min away :)

You in Ft Collins?

"might" do it this summer, but that's a long *** drive in a walled car. Doing up a van late next year and that one I'll drive out to CO for sure.

I plan to talk to some of the DOA guys and see if they're up for a road trip as I'd like to hit up one of these shows and visit family.

TnT_Sounds
12-14-2009, 03:39 PM
at smaller shows bass race will be the ONLY class where everyone has a fair shot at winning. You can't do 20 diff classes with only 20 competitors showing up.

I've done a lot of local shows and they usually do 3 classes: trunk, SUV, modified (wall). Not very fair, but again it's a local show so you should be going to hang out and meet people, hear other cars, etc... Unless you're really into plastic trophies LOL

Make people meter on music, no tones and let them open a window/door so spectators can hear it.

QFT. The plastic trophies aren't all that 'great'.

Everyone always seems in a big hurry to end it and leave though. Would be nice to have like a friday night hangout with a BBQ pit and loud music or somethin. I'd imagine over time more and more would start showing up.

hunterw
12-14-2009, 03:42 PM
QFT. The plastic trophies aren't all that 'great'.

Everyone always seems in a big hurry to end it and leave though. Would be nice to have like a friday night hangout with a BBQ pit and loud music or somethin. I'd imagine over time more and more would start showing up.

x2

sub-FATHER
12-14-2009, 03:51 PM
You in Ft Collins?

"might" do it this summer, but that's a long *** drive in a walled car. Doing up a van late next year and that one I'll drive out to CO for sure.

I plan to talk to some of the DOA guys and see if they're up for a road trip as I'd like to hit up one of these shows and visit family.

IF you can get some guys to come out for sure i will try to hold a double or tripple event show. I have access to any car toys.

NoCoSPL
12-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (2 members and 1 guests)
NoCoSPL , ALL THAT BASS

Mike, trying to send ya some business! Guy wants some work done to his H2. :)

GAM3OVR
12-14-2009, 07:32 PM
How come you never come to the shows? Takes too much money to ferry your car from russia?? :confused:

no liscence right now :(

bullet4mv92
12-15-2009, 01:55 AM
I'm interested in competing. But I mean, I really have no special system. I'd get my *** whooped. I'm really just interested in seeing what kind of numbers I can hit and to check out all the other systems. Is this a competition only for high-spl cars? Cause last time I got metered I hit 142.2...i'm pretty sure I can hit better though.

NoCoSPL
12-15-2009, 10:27 AM
I'm interested in competing. But I mean, I really have no special system. I'd get my *** whooped. I'm really just interested in seeing what kind of numbers I can hit and to check out all the other systems. Is this a competition only for high-spl cars? Cause last time I got metered I hit 142.2...i'm pretty sure I can hit better though.

We always try to do a section like bass race where it doesn't matter how loud you are. Last show there was a guy that drove up, never competed before and took 1st in 129.9 :) its always cool to have some new faces too :)

Nismofreak
12-15-2009, 10:42 AM
no liscence right now :(

should drive a little slower and you would have a license :p:

bullet4mv92
12-15-2009, 11:36 AM
We always try to do a section like bass race where it doesn't matter how loud you are. Last show there was a guy that drove up, never competed before and took 1st in 129.9 :) its always cool to have some new faces too :)

Oh sweet, well then yeah i'm down. But where and when is it? Sorry if somebody already said...I glanced through the posts and didn't see any info about it though.

NoCoSPL
12-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Oh sweet, well then yeah i'm down. But where and when is it? Sorry if somebody already said...I glanced through the posts and didn't see any info about it though.

No time yet, this is the place where you will find out I'm sure there will be a seperate thread for it cause were just discussing for now. Keep checkin out here in the northwest region, you'll be one of the first to know about it.

Glad to have another competitor and car audio enthusiast around :)

TnT_Sounds
12-15-2009, 03:36 PM

Does your beat go 'BOOM' like so? :laugh:

On the serious side, what you be rockin in there?

bullet4mv92
12-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Does your beat go 'BOOM' like so? :laugh:

On the serious side, what you be rockin in there?

haha yes it does go 'BOOM'. Not nearly as loud as i'd like, but it's sufficient until I get another job and make enough money to get somethin' crazy.

I've got 2 JBL P1224's in a ported box tuned to 25hz on 1,000 watts of JL power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKmsQbrmfgc
^^that's a vid of them in action if you wanna see.

d-REW
12-15-2009, 11:58 PM

heck yeah good to see new people! welcome to the forum.

TnT_Sounds
12-16-2009, 02:02 PM
haha yes it does go 'BOOM'. Not nearly as loud as i'd like, but it's sufficient until I get another job and make enough money to get somethin' crazy.

I've got 2 JBL P1224's in a ported box tuned to 25hz on 1,000 watts of JL power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKmsQbrmfgc
^^that's a vid of them in action if you wanna see.

Not bad man! Kinda hard to watch it from the cell phone. But it looks decent. Gotta start somewhere.

Thinkin about wallin that bish?? :laugh:

SoundWave.Co
12-16-2009, 02:29 PM
If the show is put together right, I'll show up from eastern WA. Gotta see TNT_SOUNDS completed, and I would like to see what's goin on in other areas. There have been some fun things at shows here. My favorite last summer was a woofer toss, they took a blown Kicker, basket and motor, and measured who could throw it the farthest for some cheese door prize, but it was a lot of fun. they always play music and BBQ, usually on Sunday afternoons here, seems to be successful. also, perhaps instead of 1 woofer, 2 woofer, 3 woofer classes, base them similar to iasca rookie classes, based on woofer cone area, seems more fair. Just throwin ideas out there.

SoundWave.Co
12-16-2009, 02:31 PM
Not bad man! Kinda hard to watch it from the cell phone. But it looks decent. Gotta start somewhere.

Just noticed the sig, you are an AA dealer?! :laugh: which AA is that, just playin.:laugh:see you at the show.

TnT_Sounds
12-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Just noticed the sig, you are an AA dealer?! :laugh: which AA is that, just playin.:laugh:see you at the show.

I want some of them other AA's niqqa. You know which ones ;)

NoCoSPL
12-16-2009, 03:14 PM
^^^ travis you are a white nerd, don't say niqqa.

Dak446
12-16-2009, 03:29 PM
I'll come down to some CO comps, if they're around the Denver/Ft.Collins area.

SoundWave.Co
12-16-2009, 04:08 PM
If I don't know which AAs you are talking about, perhaps I shouldn't skip my AA classes. lol

TnT_Sounds
12-16-2009, 04:35 PM
^^^ travis you are a white nerd, don't say niqqa.

Best watch yo step niqqa!

Your lady thought I was a niqqa :confused: :fyi:

SoundWave.Co
12-16-2009, 04:51 PM
TNT, you gonna drive your lil **** box full of 6X9s to the comp? LOL. I'll meet you there

bullet4mv92
12-16-2009, 06:37 PM

It's not a cell phone. It's a camera. My cell phone cam is a lot shittier lol. But I love that cam. It handles the sounds pressure really well. Wish I could see how it handled something like 4 18s though haha.

Yeah i've thought about walling it, but i'm only 17 and, even though i'm the only one that drives it, my parents still say it's THEIR car and I can't ruin it with stuff like that. I had to get these 12's behind their back lol. They were mad, but they let me keep it. But once I get outta the house and they can't do anything about it, that back seat is going bye-bye.

NoCoSPL
12-16-2009, 07:06 PM
I think he was referring to he was veiwing the vid on reduced quality on a cell phone ;)

TnT_Sounds
12-16-2009, 09:09 PM
It's not a cell phone. It's a camera. My cell phone cam is a lot shittier lol. But I love that cam. It handles the sounds pressure really well. Wish I could see how it handled something like 4 18s though haha.

Yeah i've thought about walling it, but i'm only 17 and, even though i'm the only one that drives it, my parents still say it's THEIR car and I can't ruin it with stuff like that. I had to get these 12's behind their back lol. They were mad, but they let me keep it. But once I get outta the house and they can't do anything about it, that back seat is going bye-bye.

Ya I was refering to watching the vid via my cell phone. I don't work around computers :( so I browse daily on my cell.

Start savin now man and you could so something nasty in there. 4 18s is meh, everyone wants that. Run a **** load of 12s in a bandpass or clamshell type. ;)

sub-FATHER
12-16-2009, 10:23 PM

thats what i'm talking about take that bish out...

sub-FATHER
12-16-2009, 10:29 PM
i am gonna incorperate the woofer toss. thats a great idea... i love throwing **** too....

but this next year there will be some really good shows with quite a few more competitors than normal. i'm thinkin 30 a show easily.

this past year i came across the actual Regional Manager from Cartoys and can hold an event at nearly any cartoys providing they have the space for it, with advertising and traffic jams Semi trailor. so I will throw a couple of different shows that are not mearly based on SPL alone.

I think we should do an actual DRIVE BY where we have to ACTUALLY DRIVE BY the sensor on the table and get the metered reading from it. and just throw it in.

I would like to cash prizes this next year also.

TnT_Sounds
12-16-2009, 10:35 PM
Best idea yet James^^

Real Drive-By and cash prizes FTW!

Also don't forget to try and coincide some shows to be in the afternoon on weekends, if at all possible, and on some Fridays as well.

TnT_Sounds
12-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Also see if Hooters or someplace would be willing to come and provide BBQ wings or Pizza or somethin.

I know with shows in Springs that Drive In puts on, they have Hooters girls there handing out free Buffalo Wings and ****. Not to mention they supply the **** hair-tricks. ;)

sub-FATHER
12-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Best idea yet James^^

Real Drive-By and cash prizes FTW!

Also don't forget to try and coincide some shows to be in the afternoon on weekends, if at all possible, and on some Fridays as well.

I'm a criminal, and i have a cerfew of 11:00, so friday nights dont work well., plus theres noise ordinances we have to abide by. shows can and will be on sundays for best turnouts i believe! and when i plan on throwing em.

TnT_Sounds
12-16-2009, 10:45 PM
You do know you can go to the City Council and ask for an exempt for the Noise Ordinances in part of an event right?

Sundays don't work at all for me. Especialy in the morning. So don't count me on those.

sub-FATHER
12-16-2009, 10:49 PM
You do know you can go to the City Council and ask for an exempt for the Noise Ordinances in part of an event right?

Sundays don't work at all for me. Especialy in the morning. So don't count me on those.

there will be some on saturdays also but gotta remember some people work and i have to normally work till 4 on saturdays. so i have to close my shop to show up to most of the saturday events. your gonna have to work with us and sacrifice a sunday as well.

sub-FATHER
12-16-2009, 10:54 PM
i really cant wait to toss a fukin subwoofer. i have the perfect one too. a jenson 12 that needs a smashing. it aughta fly good.

d-REW
12-16-2009, 10:55 PM
i like the night time shoe idea too! those springs shows were pretty cool i also put up my best numbers of the year! and no sunburns

sub-FATHER
12-16-2009, 10:57 PM
i like the night time shoe idea too! those springs shows were pretty cool i also put up my best numbers of the year! and no sunburns

well we will see what we need to do, and set up a night show on saturdays then. that would be the ****. and give people time to come from all over. we would have to make those shows big shows then. but 10:00 is noise ordinance period. i called around for those and they said just let the local police know whats going one so you dont end up with a ticket like json did.

sub-FATHER
12-16-2009, 10:58 PM
so travis... are you actually building that thing? i hope you prove me wrong so i have to eat crow. because if you in fact build that thing by this summer i would love to see it.

sub-FATHER
12-16-2009, 11:02 PM
i'm gonna have two cars for the shows. and i'm seriously debating on throwing my 4 12's in the crx in a box tuned to 60 hz. but i enjoy listening to my music too much. and i bet 4 rebuilt hx2 12s on a goliath 5k will get loud as hell

TnT_Sounds
12-16-2009, 11:08 PM
there will be some on saturdays also but gotta remember some people work and i have to normally work till 4 on saturdays. so i have to close my shop to show up to most of the saturday events. your gonna have to work with us and sacrifice a sunday as well.

I'm willing to sacrifice and use sick-days if the shows are infact worth while. From talking with people that went to the last show they told me never again. So it looks like your work is cut out.

Absolutely man! You know what I'm talkin about right? Those had huge turnouts and lost of women.

so travis... are you actually building that thing? i hope you prove me wrong so i have to eat crow. because if you in fact build that thing by this summer i would love to see it.

:rolleyes: I can't believe you are still stuck on the fact that I'm not building that.

sub-FATHER
12-16-2009, 11:11 PM
they will show! and it coulda only been darren. everyone else there will show, thats what we do! we show to all shows.

bullet4mv92
12-16-2009, 11:22 PM
Start savin now man and you could so something nasty in there. 4 18s is meh, everyone wants that. Run a **** load of 12s in a bandpass or clamshell type. ;)

I don't think I could even fit 4 18's in my car (no pun intended). My box is wedged in there as it is and it's only holding 2 12's. I'm also thinkin about getting 4 more 12's. At least it'd cost less.

TnT_Sounds
12-16-2009, 11:24 PM
I don't think I could even fit 4 18's in my car (no pun intended). My box is wedged in there as it is and it's only holding 2 12's. I'm also thinkin about getting 4 more 12's. At least it'd cost less.

Ya, i was kidding. Soon enough you could have mo 12's than you know what to do with.

SoundWave.Co
12-16-2009, 11:30 PM
How do you like your crow, medium well? I have a closet full of evidence lol

hunterw
12-16-2009, 11:53 PM
ill be at cinco de mayo for sure, and if you guys can put on a good show id love to show up. :)

TnT_Sounds
12-16-2009, 11:55 PM
ill be at cinco de mayo for sure, and if you guys can put on a good show id love to show up. :)

I will save that tonneau cover for you if you want it?

Walled_Taurus
12-17-2009, 12:50 AM
Well if you guys can promise better organization i will show. But if its anything like last time count me out. My car doesn't need extra miles and I don't need the anger build up i get from un-organized ****. So get your **** together and ill show!!! As for times im down just about anytime. I just prefer it to be warm or even hot cus i like the heat even though the equipment does not.

And James i woudn't go and complicate things with your new scoring and event idea until you can prove to everyone that you can successfully put on a simple show like the last one was suppose to be.

sub-FATHER
12-17-2009, 01:48 AM

i was refereing to tnt. but if you would like to come down from where your at i'll throw the crow on the bbq.

sub-FATHER
12-17-2009, 01:52 AM
Well if you guys can promise better organization i will show. But if its anything like last time count me out. My car doesn't need extra miles and I don't need the anger build up i get from un-organized ****. So get your **** together and ill show!!! As for times im down just about anytime. I just prefer it to be warm or even hot cus i like the heat even though the equipment does not.

And James i woudn't go and complicate things with your new scoring and event idea until you can prove to everyone that you can successfully put on a simple show like the last one was suppose to be.

that last show was set up. the only problem was little james grabbed the wrong laptop and his monitor was small and had to fly outta town that night at 6. my end was orginized but i didnt have the meter. i can get the place to throw it, but that show was messed up a bit. this next year will be a lot better and more orginized. so sorry about that show.

and hunter i will be at the cinco show as well best be bringing the 162+ i wantta sit in it.

d-REW
12-17-2009, 02:31 AM
that last show was set up. the only problem was little james grabbed the wrong laptop and his monitor was small and had to fly outta town that night at 6. my end was orginized but i didnt have the meter. i can get the place to throw it, but that show was messed up a bit. this next year will be a lot better and more orginized. so sorry about that show.

and hunter i will be at the cinco show as well best be bringing the 162+ i wantta sit in it.

and extension cords!!!!! i couldnt believe there was no power outlets in that entire lot.

sub-FATHER
12-17-2009, 02:39 AM
and extension cords!!!!! i couldnt believe there was no power outlets in that entire lot.

no ****, I'm trying to text you and my phone wont let me for some reason.

TnT_Sounds
12-17-2009, 02:41 AM
i was refereing to tnt. but if you would like to come down from where your at i'll throw the crow on the bbq.

He knows... He is my supplier of equipment :fyi:

sub-FATHER
12-17-2009, 02:43 AM
He knows... He is my supplier of equipment :fyi:

get building and bring the crow, we will cook it up off my amp, we'll have Amp fried Crow!

That is if my amp will ever get here! its been a month now!

sub-FATHER
12-17-2009, 02:45 AM

and what does that closet full of evidence consist of ????

SoundWave.Co
12-17-2009, 02:46 AM

I will bring the crow with me, and I know you were referring to TNT, his subs ship out tomorrow or Friday. I have seen the process, and the woofers, it is happening.:crazy:

sub-FATHER
12-17-2009, 02:51 AM
I will bring the crow with me, and I know you were referring to TNT, his subs ship out tomorrow or Friday. I have seen the process, and the woofers, it is happening.:crazy:

well I knew he didnt have em yet. but glad he's getting em then.

build build build build build build build build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build buildbuild build build build build build until that **** is done. i need some competitition!

TnT_Sounds
12-17-2009, 03:04 AM
get building and bring the crow, we will cook it up off my amp, we'll have Amp fried Crow!

That is if my amp will ever get here! its been a month now!

At least you haven't been waiting 2 months for your amps and everytime get some bullshit lame excuse, "Customs hasn't relayed any info" or "customs held the container". I actually paid for mine in September and wont be getting them till the week after xmas.

Init 2 Winit
12-17-2009, 03:12 AM
I live in Colorado and was wondering what does it take to get started in the competition scene out here does anybody have any advice.. Maybe I'll give it a shot this year.. :D:D:D

TnT_Sounds
12-17-2009, 11:27 AM
I live in Colorado and was wondering what does it take to get started in the competition scene out here does anybody have any advice.. Maybe I'll give it a shot this year.. :D:D:D

Like as far as equipment? Or registering for the shows?

Its not sanctioned here so there's no special setup you need to have. Its more like, bring what you got and have fun with it.

What part of Co are you in?

SoundWave.Co
12-17-2009, 12:04 PM
I can bring a sony explode, they usually get really hot, that will fry the crow really well. I'll bring some BBQ sauce and Tabasco too. Crow is always better with Tabasco. :)

NoCoSPL
12-17-2009, 02:16 PM
I ain't no holla back girl :fyi:

TnT_Sounds
12-17-2009, 02:22 PM
You're a bottom b!tch :fyi:

sub-FATHER
12-17-2009, 02:25 PM
just get some 15's and a good amp. someone can build you a box after we take out your back seat.

Init 2 Winit
12-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Like as far as equipment? Or registering for the shows?

Its not sanctioned here so there's no special setup you need to have. Its more like, bring what you got and have fun with it.

What part of Co are you in?

If it's not sanctioned, is there some standard format for each show like number of subs.. modifications.. etc.. I competed in that "KS107.5 summer jam" show a couple of years ago.. didn't really compete last year, I'll have a pretty much clean slate to start out with this year.. Vehicle.. Equipment.. Etc..

Yeah, I'm in Colorado Springs..

Vehicle Ideas?
Amp Ideas?
Sub Ideas?

:D:D:D

TnT_Sounds
12-17-2009, 02:55 PM
If it's not sanctioned, is there some standard format for each show like number of subs.. modifications.. etc.. I competed in that "KS107.5 summer jam" show a couple of years ago.. didn't really compete last year, I'll have a pretty much clean slate to start out with this year.. Vehicle.. Equipment.. Etc..

Yeah, I'm in Colorado Springs..

Vehicle Ideas?
Amp Ideas?
Sub Ideas?

I believe the classifications are like "1 sub-2 subs in a class and then 3 subs & up in a class". I'm sure you've seen how Drive In Autosound does there's.

I'm 30mins from Springs so I don't mind helping if you need any. :thumbsup:

Init 2 Winit
12-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Yeah, I have been to a few of those "Drive In" show's.. I did pretty good, just didn't like the mic's.. Didn't go to any of them last year..

I probably won't get to throw anything together until April though..

Nismofreak
12-17-2009, 03:06 PM
I ain't no holla back girl :fyi:

You're a bottom b!tch :fyi:

FEGS!!! :laugh:

NoCoSPL
12-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Init 2 winit has hard on for triple smileys?

NoCoSPL
12-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Edit: double post from cell phone again

Init 2 Winit
12-17-2009, 03:19 PM
Yeah, there's a reason for that.. I've been on this forum before, I had to change my name because they can't find my login info.. Just wanted to see what kind of advice everybody was going to give me.. Thanks for the offer on help guys but I should be ok..

I'll be back for 2010 I have to have something to do because I was bored off of my *** for 2009!! Yeah, I should be able to hold my own.. I've done this before.. A lot actually..

TnT_Sounds
12-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Edit: double post from cell phone again

You have hard on for double post *******. ;)

NoCoSPL
12-17-2009, 03:27 PM
FEGS!!! :laugh:

Shut up Tom! Go back to your own region!

As TnT said before pollocks aren't welcome here :fyi:

How do you like the ATL anyway?

TnT_Sounds
12-17-2009, 03:28 PM
Yeah, there's a reason for that.. I've been on this forum before, I had to change my name because they can't find my login info.. Just wanted to see what kind of advice everybody was going to give me.. Thanks for the offer on help guys but I should be ok..

I'll be back for 2010 I have to have something to do because I was bored off of my *** for 2009!! Yeah, I should be able to hold my own.. I've done this before.. A lot actually..

Ya that's cool. But if you ever want to shoot the **** or somethin man I'm down. You could come out for my build and check it out. Its kinda "big".

I won't be ready till late April either so it looks like your first show will be the same as mine(Cinco De Mayo) at the fair grounds in pueblo.

NoCoSPL
12-17-2009, 03:28 PM
My phone sometimes penta-posts. It *****.

Nismofreak
12-17-2009, 03:30 PM

HAHA. Haters. Eh ATL is okay (alot of parties and hot chicks) but miss colorado to much. anyways gonna be back in 2 days

TnT_Sounds
12-17-2009, 03:33 PM

:laugh:

I think he's a fan of roast beef now. That's the only kind of vag up there. Sooo many nukkas.

Nismofreak
12-17-2009, 03:34 PM
:laugh:

I think he's a fan of roast beef now. That's the only kind of vag up there. Sooo many nukkas.
HAHA wow travis. I think that high elevation is ****ing up your mind to much :D

TnT_Sounds
12-17-2009, 03:38 PM
My phone sometimes penta-posts. It *****.

T-mobile FTMFL!

TnT_Sounds
12-17-2009, 03:43 PM
HAHA wow travis. I think that high elevation is ****ing up your mind to much :D

I'm not that high up. I think you're sad cuz you can't call any niqqas there dumb jews

Nismofreak
12-17-2009, 03:44 PM
I'm not that high up. I think you're sad cuz you can't call any niqqas there dumb jews

actually i do haha.

bullet4mv92
12-17-2009, 04:10 PM
Hey, so a bit of a change of topic, (and the only reason i'm asking here is 'cause you're all from colorado as well) but is there a place I could go to learn to build a box for my subs? I really wanna learn how 'cause I really don't like paying $250 for one. Or for those of you that do your own builds....where and/or how did you learn? Did you just apply all the math and physics you learned in school or something? Or is there a place where they teach you? Sorry if that seems like a dumb question.

TnT_Sounds
12-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Hey, so a bit of a change of topic, (and the only reason i'm asking here is 'cause you're all from colorado as well) but is there a place I could go to learn to build a box for my subs? I really wanna learn how 'cause I really don't like paying $250 for one. Or for those of you that do your own builds....where and/or how did you learn? Did you just apply all the math and physics you learned in school or something? Or is there a place where they teach you? Sorry if that seems like a dumb question.

I actually have someone else design my boxes and I build them from that. There is a guy on here screen name Mobieous who was deemed the best box designer and has proper graphical dimensions within 96%.

bullet4mv92
12-17-2009, 04:18 PM
I actually have someone else design my boxes and I build them from that. There is a guy on here screen name Mobieous who was deemed the best box designer and has proper graphical dimensions within 96%.

Is he in colorado? and how much does he charge for, say, a ported box for 2 12's?

TnT_Sounds
12-17-2009, 04:36 PM
Is he in colorado? and how much does he charge for, say, a ported box for 2 12's?

No he's not from CO. Normaly you just give the dude 10$ and he designs it all according to your space requirements. He sends it to you via email and you build the box yourself. Someone there in Denver could help you build it I'm sure.

Walled_Taurus
12-17-2009, 04:44 PM

Am i the only one who realizes who you are. Lol Nice to see your coming back Mike after you blew my eardrum at the Drive in show 2 years ago.

TnT_Sounds
12-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Ya no ****!! I didn't think it was Mike there for a second. I figured he would know how things go.

But good to see ya again Mike!!

Walled_Taurus
12-17-2009, 04:58 PM
He was just playing stupid lol

Init 2 Winit
12-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Yeah, Like I said wanted to see what kind of advice I would get from everybody on here, I know a lot more than what I was leading onto.. lol.. This "Is" Mike from Colorado Springs, I should be back into it pretty good next year, not too sure if I'm going to use my Girlfriends car or just pick up one..

I wanted to do a big build such as an SUV or Astro, Looking like I might be going back to a CRX of course if I have to get a car.. Even though they are one note wonders I like the whole David and Goliath feel to it, especially out here in Colorado, where the competition scene is still pretty weak and not too many people see it coming..

Well, looking forward to seeing everybody this year and getting back to building.. I should have something thrown together by the Cinco de Mayo show... :cool:

NoCoSPL
12-17-2009, 07:12 PM
Yeah, Like I said wanted to see what kind of advice I would get from everybody on here, I know a lot more than what I was leading onto.. lol.. This "Is" Mike from Colorado Springs, I should be back into it pretty good next year, not too sure if I'm going to use my Girlfriends car or just pick up one..

I wanted to do a big build such as an SUV or Astro, Looking like I might be going back to a CRX of course if I have to get a car.. Even though they are one note wonders I like the whole David and Goliath feel to it, especially out here in Colorado, where the competition scene is still pretty weak and not too many people see it coming..

Well, looking forward to seeing everybody this year and getting back to building.. I should have something thrown together by the Cinco de Mayo show... :cool:

You fooled me, :D:D:D

First time i heard a fart box at 150+ yeah you sneaky *****, i know you now!

TnT_Sounds
12-17-2009, 07:38 PM
You found another lady???

Sheesh. You are a baller.

:fyi: there's a guy in Denvers Craigslist selling a black CRX that is supossably a world winning title holding car. Looks like yours just painted black. I'll see if I can find the link.

bullet4mv92
12-17-2009, 08:19 PM
No he's not from CO. Normaly you just give the dude 10$ and he designs it all according to your space requirements. He sends it to you via email and you build the box yourself. Someone there in Denver could help you build it I'm sure.

Oh I see. Well I lack the knowledge to build a box lol. I'm sure I could learn pretty quickly though....just gotta find someone to walk me through the actual process. I need more bass-head friends...haha

TnT_Sounds
12-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Oh I see. Well I lack the knowledge to build a box lol. I'm sure I could learn pretty quickly though....just gotta find someone to walk me through the actual process. I need more bass-head friends...haha

There's plenty of peeps in D-town I'm sure would be willing to help you at no cost.
If you were close enough I'd build for you if you provide the wood. ;)

NoCoSPL
12-17-2009, 09:56 PM
^ suckass

sub-FATHER
12-17-2009, 10:05 PM
i can not wait for the cinco show. I really hope people show up and dont just talk about it!

godhatescivics
12-17-2009, 10:07 PM
you going to beat us up there tough guy

sub-FATHER
12-17-2009, 10:19 PM
you going to beat us up there tough guy

come on bud, lets quite with all the crap. i'm just saying it aughta be good if everyone shows up. are you suggesting that you may go?

TnT_Sounds
12-17-2009, 11:43 PM
I have made every Cinco show the past 4 years, rain or shine. I'm not about to stop now. ;)

TnT_Sounds
12-17-2009, 11:46 PM
^ suckass

Jealous!

You still haven't came up with a good name to go in there^

bullet4mv92
12-18-2009, 12:06 AM
There's plenty of peeps in D-town I'm sure would be willing to help you at no cost.
If you were close enough I'd build for you if you provide the wood. ;)

well where do you live? (not asking for your address or anything. That's weird. lol. Just like, town and maybe some cross-streets) And you any good at building boxes? :P just messin. I'm not picky.

TnT_Sounds
12-18-2009, 01:10 AM
I'm rather far away from Denver. Drew or Josh I'm sure would be willing to help you. They are somewhat local to you.

bullet4mv92
12-18-2009, 01:16 AM
Well i'm assuming d-REW is drew...who's josh though?

TnT_Sounds
12-18-2009, 01:18 AM
Josh is the NoCoSPL fegtard :p:

bullet4mv92
12-18-2009, 01:20 AM
haha alright. well I see they're both looking at this thread right now....either of you guys near denver? And how much do you charge to do a box?

NoCoSPL
12-18-2009, 09:33 AM
I'm up north near loveland, let me know if you need one built I can find a design and its rather simple. I won't charge you much, mainly material, its all for the love of car audio. :)

2loudcrew
12-18-2009, 12:12 PM

Good to hear that you are back in the car audio world Mike. You do not need any advice. You know how to build some good boxes and vehicles. Best of luck and let me know if I can help out like you have helped me in the past. Get ready for Cinco De Mayo Show on Sunday, May 2nd.

bullet4mv92
12-18-2009, 06:34 PM
I'm up north near loveland, let me know if you need one built I can find a design and its rather simple. I won't charge you much, mainly material, its all for the love of car audio. :)

great! Thanks man. I'll for sure let you know when I do. Gotta buy gifts for the holidays and all that, so shouldn't be spending on myself now, but sometime after that I might hit you up.

d-REW
12-19-2009, 01:51 AM
in in the westminster/northglenn area if you need help im free in jan as well.

joe good to see the cinco show date i got it in the calender for sure!

bullet4mv92
12-19-2009, 03:15 AM
Well just so I know how much to save up, how much would a ported box for 2 p1224's run me?

And where is this cinco de mayo show? I've searched this thread and the northwest region forum and couldn't find it and you all know about it...lol. Does somebody list all these dates in their profile or something? Sorry, still getting used to the in's and out's of this whole site.

d-REW
12-19-2009, 04:05 AM
its in pubelo at the state fair grounds. usualy when shows come up someone will post a new topic with the info. but cinco is a huge show thats a annual event last year was my first time to it and was one of best shows of the year.

TnT_Sounds
12-19-2009, 04:29 AM
Well just so I know how much to save up, how much would a ported box for 2 p1224's run me?

And where is this cinco de mayo show? I've searched this thread and the northwest region forum and couldn't find it and you all know about it...lol. Does somebody list all these dates in their profile or something? Sorry, still getting used to the in's and out's of this whole site.

Surely someone can PM you more details on your box stuff so you don't have to wait for replies here. ;)

The Cinco show is down in my neck of the woods, where the beaners and rednecks roam. Just stick to this forum and you will see when and where the shows are happening. Normaly the person hosting the shows will provide all info accordingly.

You have plenty of down time so you should get something thrown together for it.

NoCoSPL
12-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Beaners? :confused:

bullet4mv92
12-19-2009, 03:50 PM
Oh it's down in pueblo? **** that's pretty far from me. But I was down there a few months ago and EVERYWHERE I went I heard bass. I couldn't be outside for 5 minutes without hearing at least 3 cars pass bumpin' their systems. I can imagine that this show will be huge. I'll definitely try and be there. Dunno if i'll compete, but I want to see all the cars for sure.

edit: what, I can't even say d-a-m-n? I wasn't aware this was a G-rated forum....

SoundWave.Co
12-19-2009, 09:15 PM
I will be there, as long as SOMEONE helps this guy build his F##king box! Dont make me fly down there.:crazy:

sub-FATHER
12-19-2009, 11:30 PM
Beaners? :confused:

they like to eat beans!

TnT_Sounds
12-20-2009, 02:15 AM
Oh it's down in pueblo? **** that's pretty far from me. But I was down there a few months ago and EVERYWHERE I went I heard bass. I couldn't be outside for 5 minutes without hearing at least 3 cars pass bumpin' their systems. I can imagine that this show will be huge. I'll definitely try and be there. Dunno if i'll compete, but I want to see all the cars for sure.

edit: what, I can't even say d-a-m-n? I wasn't aware this was a G-rated forum....

You can say ****! Just need to have 1000+ posts:p:

I will be there, as long as SOMEONE helps this guy build his F##king box! Dont make me fly down there.:crazy:

You can say **** too ;)

You really thinkin about comin?

SoundWave.Co
12-20-2009, 02:50 AM
You can say ****! Just need to have 1000+ posts:p:

You can say **** too ;)

You really thinkin about comin?

Yeah, I really want to see how your build turns out, and would like to see the scene in another area. Gotta rep the Addictive Audio;) it wouldn't be too bad on gas in my monster truck anyway:laugh:

TnT_Sounds
12-20-2009, 03:08 AM
Yeah, I really want to see how your build turns out, and would like to see the scene in another area. Gotta rep the Addictive Audio;) it wouldn't be too bad on gas in my monster truck anyway:laugh:

Hell ya man! Come down for the weekend. You can crash in our spare bedroom.

NoCoSPL
12-21-2009, 12:14 AM
:veryhapp:

NoCoSPL
12-21-2009, 12:14 AM
Your never supposed to spend the night with a gay man. :fyi:

But you can count me in, can I sleep with you in ur room travis?

SoundWave.Co
12-21-2009, 01:33 AM
:laugh::laugh:Sounds like it will be safer for me to sleep out in my truck.:laugh::laugh:

sparkplug121988
12-21-2009, 01:40 AM
im down for a road trip! We can bring the s10.....

hunterw
12-21-2009, 01:48 AM
ill be there. :) gotta support my brother joe. and mike it will good to see you there man. looks like the cinco show will be great. i have a buddy here that is looking like he wants to go as well. tom....are you going to be around for the cinco show? or are you permantently a georgia polishian lol.

Nismofreak
12-21-2009, 12:19 PM
ill be there. :) gotta support my brother joe. and mike it will good to see you there man. looks like the cinco show will be great. i have a buddy here that is looking like he wants to go as well. tom....are you going to be around for the cinco show? or are you permantently a georgia polishian lol.

haha. Idk. Depends on my job

TnT_Sounds
12-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Your never supposed to spend the night with a gay man. :fyi:

But you can count me in, can I sleep with you in ur room travis?

You bring your lady and its a deal:fyi:

I'll get mine to sleep over and we can trade for the night :p:

sub-FATHER
12-21-2009, 01:46 PM
You bringin your lady? I'll get mine to sleep over and we can trade for the night :p:

now that sounds like a party!

SoundWave.Co
12-21-2009, 01:51 PM
im down for a road trip! We can bring the s10.....

sounds like a plan, depending on what the Yukon does this spring, I will be bringing that too. not sure if I'm in on the lady swap-meet, but I am down for some car audio:D

sub-FATHER
12-21-2009, 02:01 PM
i gotta do my door panels this week to fit 4 sets of 6.5 and tweets, and my base to start is allready a piece of mdf cut to fit the door.

i just have to figure out how to re-attach it to the door after fiberglassing it and the original screw holes around the edges are covered?

TnT_Sounds
12-21-2009, 02:29 PM
i gotta do my door panels this week to fit 4 sets of 6.5 and tweets, and my base to start is allready a piece of mdf cut to fit the door.

i just have to figure out how to re-attach it to the door after fiberglassing it and the original screw holes around the edges are covered?

I'm confused... Are you wanting to know how to mount the new panel once its complete?

If that's the case you just screw it from the inside of the panel to the door. You should have maybe 4 screws needing to be on the outside corners. The rest you screw from the inside to the door.

sub-FATHER
12-21-2009, 02:35 PM
I'm confused... Are you wanting to know how to mount the new panel once its complete?

If that's the case you just screw it from the inside of the panel to the door. You should have maybe 4 screws needing to be on the outside corners. The rest you screw from the inside to the door.

i just need to build it and worry about screwing it afterwards.

TnT_Sounds
12-21-2009, 02:53 PM
i just need to build it and worry about screwing it afterwards.

Yep

Personaly I would have gone with some 1/4"-1/2" hardboard backing instead of mdf. That would **** if the mdf got wet.

Unless you plan on glassing the entire back of it. Then you should be fine.

SoundWave.Co
12-21-2009, 03:05 PM
my problem is I usually screw first, then worry later:laugh:

TnT_Sounds
12-21-2009, 03:19 PM
my problem is I usually screw first, then worry later:laugh:

And that's why you have a kid.....

:p:

SoundWave.Co
12-21-2009, 03:25 PM
Technically, not A kid....:crazy:

NoCoSPL
12-21-2009, 03:31 PM
You bring your lady and its a deal:fyi:

I'll get mine to sleep over and we can trade for the night :p:

Deal. She better be fine.

sub-FATHER
12-21-2009, 11:07 PM
Yep

Personaly I would have gone with some 1/4"-1/2" hardboard backing instead of mdf. That would **** if the mdf got wet.

Unless you plan on glassing the entire back of it. Then you should be fine.

this mdf has been on all year and my door has a double layer of deadner inside and another layer right benieth the wood panel.

and i got all the rings cut today and rounded and i'll start glueing tomarro.

2loudcrew
12-22-2009, 07:59 PM

Thats right bro! Team DB Driven has to represent. We will show everyone our loud Mazda's.

csu87
12-22-2009, 08:26 PM
you gays miss me?

im down for some comps once the weather gets better. i should be building some 18s in the next month or so

TnT_Sounds
12-22-2009, 08:51 PM
you gays miss me?

im down for some comps once the weather gets better. i should be building some 18s in the next month or so

U find some 18's?

csu87
12-22-2009, 08:58 PM
U find some 18's?

no but ive got some motors and coils on the way. then i just need to get some softparts and baskets and voila.... subs

sub-FATHER
12-23-2009, 02:12 AM
no but ive got some motors and coils on the way. then i just need to get some softparts and baskets and voila.... subs

your weak. get to snowboarding....

csu87
12-23-2009, 03:14 AM
your weak. get to snowboarding....

already been up several times this year. i got lots of free time now that my hours have been cut. i only work 3 days a week

i built a 12 that sounds really good so its time to step up to 18s

TnT_Sounds
12-23-2009, 03:21 AM
already been up several times this year. i got lots of free time now that my hours have been cut. i only work 3 days a week

i built a 12 that sounds really good so its time to step up to 18s

Still planning on doing what you said to me a while ago?

TnT_Sounds
12-23-2009, 03:22 AM
Thats right bro! Team DB Driven has to represent. We will show everyone our loud Mazda's.

So anything different for next years Cinco show? Or will it be same ol' categories?

csu87
12-23-2009, 03:24 AM
Still planning on doing what you said to me a while ago?

i cant remember what i said but probably. i havent really changed my plans much, just the equipment. i just made a big purchase though so im short on funds for a bit.

TnT_Sounds
12-23-2009, 02:39 PM
i cant remember what i said but probably. i havent really changed my plans much, just the equipment. i just made a big purchase though so im short on funds for a bit.

Word!

Walled_Taurus
12-23-2009, 11:02 PM
Yah i would be happy with winning the lotto lol Cus new equipment is not for-seen anywhere in my near future

SoundWave.Co
12-23-2009, 11:04 PM
All I can say is if I won the lotto, SCHOOL BUS and over 100 10s:crazy::eek:

sub-FATHER
12-24-2009, 01:02 AM

yep

csu87
12-24-2009, 02:50 PM

weaksauce. school bus and 100 18s

TnT_Sounds
12-24-2009, 03:14 PM

Shut your wh0re lips.

SoundWave.Co
12-24-2009, 04:48 PM
I will be at the Cinco show, whether or not the Yukon is done depends on whether I drive or fly.

sub-FATHER
12-25-2009, 02:09 AM
just build and GET ER DONE.....

2loudcrew
12-25-2009, 03:42 PM
So anything different for next years Cinco show? Or will it be same ol' categories?

What category do you want? Travis in his own? The categories have worked well and number of competitors is good. Your welcome to come and compete or just watch.

TnT_Sounds
12-25-2009, 09:36 PM
What category do you want? Travis in his own? The categories have worked well and number of competitors is good. Your welcome to come and compete or just watch.

That would be nice. :veryhapp:

Bassrace format could work.. :fyi:

sub-FATHER
12-25-2009, 09:42 PM
That would be nice. :veryhapp:

Bassrace format could work.. :fyi:

it'll be a long show. and multiple events would be cool.

what do you want for your own catagory? Loudest yell?

you better get building...

TnT_Sounds
12-25-2009, 09:47 PM
it'll be a long show. and multiple events would be cool.

what do you want for your own catagory? Loudest yell?

you better get building...

Could work. Althought the TL I believe is set to go as high as 80hz I think, not sure tho.

I'm in no big hurry to build gotta spend the vacation with the ladys fam.

NoCoSPL
12-31-2009, 12:46 PM
Soooooo. . . . . . . Any word on a show?

csu87
01-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Soooooo. . . . . . . Any word on a show?

this^

sub-FATHER
01-02-2010, 12:56 PM
this^

how soon do you guys want one? i wasnt thinking about getting one set up untill at least the end of Febuary.

NoCoSPL
01-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Sounds fine, switching up my setup a litttle bit hopefully.

csu87
01-02-2010, 02:10 PM
February works for me. right now i just have a 12 i built running off my aq3500.:D gets loud for 1 12 but i dont think itll be winning any comps

Pyro_By_Nature
01-06-2010, 11:07 AM
I don't have **** done right now, so the more time the better :laugh:

Nismofreak
01-06-2010, 11:08 AM
I don't have **** done right now, so the more time the better :laugh:

will you even come to a show when something "is done" :p:

sub-FATHER
01-06-2010, 12:49 PM
imma start to get a show ready for the end of febuary the 28th or march 7th i cant take it. and it will make us all push our build and get er done. and i have two systems that i'm building and bringing.

NoCoSPL
01-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Than I'm bringing 3 vehicles :fyi:

sub-FATHER
01-06-2010, 10:08 PM

i'll be surprized to see something different in the one ride you have.

csu87
01-06-2010, 10:19 PM
imma start to get a show ready for the end of febuary the 28th or march 7th i cant take it. and it will make us all push our build and get er done. and i have two systems that i'm building and bringing.

so 2nd and 3rd place are locked up:laugh:

azimuth
01-06-2010, 10:22 PM
i might be the only one who will have 8's.

csu87
01-06-2010, 10:24 PM
i might be the only one who will have 8's.

how many 8s you gonna be running?

sub-FATHER
01-06-2010, 10:25 PM
how many 8s you gonna be running?

thats a good question

sub-FATHER
01-06-2010, 10:31 PM
im just gonna have 12s
http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu180/sub2weeker/SSPX0132.jpg

csu87
01-06-2010, 10:33 PM
im just gonna have 12s
http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu180/sub2weeker/SSPX0132.jpg

meh. ive got some bravox edx12s coming that i might run

azimuth
01-06-2010, 10:33 PM
2 8's.

sub-FATHER
01-06-2010, 10:34 PM
2 8's.

what kinda set up? burp only?

azimuth
01-06-2010, 10:35 PM
what kinda set up? burp only?

daily driver. hope i can get 140 in a low tuned box.

sub-FATHER
01-06-2010, 10:42 PM
daily driver. hope i can get 140 in a low tuned box.

i'm hoping for a 140 as well....

d-REW
01-07-2010, 02:37 AM
i have some 8's i just did a install in were running an aq2200 on them in a g35.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/drew/021.jpg

NoCoSPL
01-07-2010, 03:30 PM
i'll be surprized to see something different in the one ride you have.

Takin a peek at the nightshade v.2 when they come out. James was building 2 15s he said I could put in but its hopeless, I gave up on trying to get my hands on them.

i have some 8's i just did a install in were running an aq2200 on them in a g35.

Those be some nice 8s there drew

csu87
01-09-2010, 07:01 AM
Takin a peek at the nightshade v.2 when they come out. James was building 2 15s he said I could put in but its hopeless, I gave up on trying to get my hands on them.

Those be some nice 8s there drew

the v.2s should be very nice. when are they suppose to come out?

and does anyone have some 18" baskets they want to sell me

NoCoSPL
01-10-2010, 12:42 AM

Couple months is what jake said from sundown. They should perform well given my airspace and wattage.

Sorry don't know anyone sellin any baskets.

sub-FATHER
01-11-2010, 01:49 PM

james probably, i'll talk to him and let ya know.

SoundWave.Co
01-11-2010, 03:00 PM
anyone gonna run single a single 15? and will there be classes for woofer cone area?

csu87
01-12-2010, 09:20 PM
anyone gonna run single a single 15? and will there be classes for woofer cone area?

depending on finances, i may have to just run 1 12. 1 12 on 3500watts though. :D

are we gonna do a bassrace? because i dont think my 1 12 will win any burp contest but im pretty sure i could bassrace pretty well

Pyro_By_Nature
01-13-2010, 04:11 PM
will you even come to a show when something "is done" :p:

Yup.

I'm going to just get a good well rounded set-up going where I can keep my back seat and just keep it at that and stick with bassrace.

I don't have time to be rebuilding and going to shows every couple of weeks anymore. On top of that I don't want a messy SPL set-up.

I have a 15" TC 3000 that should keep me happy for the summer.

got_focus?
01-13-2010, 04:40 PM

Does that include my car?? My woofer setup will be complete for the show (29.9 class), but I will probably have the doors torn apart fiberglassing :crap:

NoCoSPL
01-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Does that include my car?? My woofer setup will be complete for the show (29.9 class), but I will probably have the doors torn apart fiberglassing :crap:

No bassrace DOOD

Pyro_By_Nature
01-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Just noticed that, ****in' weak.

sub-FATHER
01-16-2010, 02:53 AM
We are going to do bassrace, just not this first show. The first show is on march 14th and it will be outlaw style and doing a portwars. But this first show is to get everyone at a show.

bullet4mv92
02-19-2010, 04:15 PM
[QUOTE=sub2weeker;

csu87
02-19-2010, 04:18 PM
[QUOTE=sub2weeker;

wonder what he was trying to say lol

csu87
02-19-2010, 04:18 PM
[QUOTE=sub2weeker;

GAM3OVR
02-24-2010, 02:02 PM

I tried my hands at math...... once

sub-FATHER
02-24-2010, 02:19 PM
well get to work and show up on the 14th with something for the show.

bullet4mv92
02-24-2010, 09:09 PM
[QUOTE=bullet4mv92;6976140]

I was gonna ask when/where the first show was, but right after I posted it I saw there was a separate thread with all that info, so then I tried to delete it, but clearly I f*cked up haha.

csu87
02-24-2010, 09:29 PM
its all good. cant wait to see some of the new systems