PDA

View Full Version : NESPL 2010 Rules discussion

Pages : [1] 2

SPL Blazer
12-07-2009, 12:38 AM
Since most of the NESPL competitors are also on this forum I thought it best to post a thread on here to gain some feedback on the rules and class changes for the 2010 season. We have made some changes to all the Amateur, Stock and No Wall classes, including dropping the Stock 4 class and adding another Amateur class. Click on the two links below and check out the new rules for 2010, then post any questions you may have on them. Let us know what you think, good, bad or whatever.

2010 NESPL Classes/rules (http://newenglandspl.com/modern_corporate_003.htm)

2010 Rules Chart (http://newenglandspl.com/modern_corporate_025.htm)

loudsw2
12-07-2009, 03:31 AM
are the amateur classes by clamped wattage?

ecac06
12-07-2009, 04:25 AM
could i run ss2 or do i not have the power to?

ecac06
12-07-2009, 04:29 AM
its kinda confusing

SmokeyDog
12-07-2009, 07:20 AM
could there be a no wall non superstock class in the case where a amture competor who plans on improveing or wants to play tones but keeping an encloser that is over the window line but is not ready to upgrade to 18v
becuse the amture classes let you have a box 3 inches over the window line.

SPL Blazer
12-07-2009, 09:50 AM
are the amateur classes by clamped wattage?

It's based on the rated power of the amp. Doing it based on clamped power would be great, but also too time consuming to do with every Amateur competitor in the lane.

ACT Audio
12-07-2009, 09:53 AM
You can do no wall using a 12v system its just that the max is 18.1v. I like the new changes.

SPL Blazer
12-07-2009, 09:54 AM
could i run ss2 or do i not have the power to?

You could run SS2 if you wanted to, there are no power limits on it and no class has a minimum amount of power. The only classes with any kind of power limits are the Amateur classes.

SPL Blazer
12-07-2009, 09:56 AM
could there be a no wall non superstock class in the case where a amture competor who plans on improveing or wants to play tones but keeping an encloser that is over the window line but is not ready to upgrade to 18v
becuse the amture classes let you have a box 3 inches over the window line.

Like ACT said, you can do the SS No Wall with anything under 18.1 volts, even an Amateur can do that class, but it is geared more towards the competitors that are advancing up from the Stock classes and want to run more power, batteries and amps and not be required to build a wall.

CRXBMPN
12-07-2009, 10:06 AM
very nice, thx

spltuscon
12-07-2009, 10:37 AM
Looks good Steve

street b explor
12-07-2009, 10:40 AM
taking the yr off but will come out time and again to a show any thing will do good luck this yr steve if ya need any help holler if i have the time ill see what i can do bro. tell the wife and kid i sead have a good x mass if i dont talk to ya before then.

splmegavan
12-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Looks good stseve like all the changes very detailed, and straight to the point. i like how you did the am 2 & 3 classes will really allow a fair playing field and room for new comers to get into the sport.

SPL Blazer
12-07-2009, 01:17 PM
I wanted to add another Amateur class and spread things out a little better for the new competitors. I want to keep the 1000 watt limit for the lowest class, but limit the others to 2K. Since we'll also be running some shows for TNESPL in 2010 I want to try and keep our power limits and rules fairly close to theirs, it'll make things easier for the Amateurs to compete in both formats without having to buy different equipment.

splmegavan
12-07-2009, 01:48 PM
yeah that makes alot of sense steve keep all the nespl and tnespl close so we can do both, 2010 will be awesome, the new rules will help and keep everything organized.

Mr. Slate
12-07-2009, 04:51 PM
All speakers 8" or larger will be counted

I'm not liking this. 8s and 10s are becoming popular for mids.

SPL Blazer
12-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks for pointing that out Nate, thats the kind of input I want to hear. I'll change the way it's written so it only applies to 8" speakers/subs that will be used to reproduce freq below 100 Hz. I know there are systems coming out lately that do use 8" and 10" as mids, we'll just have to come up with a way for the competitor to be able to prove to the event judge that they aren't being used as subs.

street b explor
12-07-2009, 05:53 PM
steve there is no real way to do so you will have to just have them pull fuses or run a sweep to find the fz they play or put them all in one class

Mr. Slate
12-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Thanks for pointing that out Nate, thats the kind of input I want to hear. I'll change the way it's written so it only applies to 8" speakers/subs that will be used to reproduce freq below 100 Hz. I know there are systems coming out lately that do use 8" and 10" as mids, we'll just have to come up with a way for the competitor to be able to prove to the event judge that they aren't being used as subs.

Good job!

SPL Blazer
12-07-2009, 06:00 PM
There are ways around it, like having them pull the RCA's from the amp that controls those speakers, just to prove they aren't being used, or like you sad, have them pull the fuse. I think the RCA's might be easier to pull out as long as they aren't hidden.

thorshammer1
12-07-2009, 06:43 PM
All speakers 8" or larger will be counted

I'm not liking this. 8s and 10s are becoming popular for mids.

I feel ya. I wanted to upgrade to 8's in the rear deck for some nice midbass but was told it would count as woofers. Oh well...

S.B.C.
12-07-2009, 06:44 PM
oh nathan quit your crying and get loud

loudmofo
12-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Amateur 1 should be 1000w 1 battery
Amateur 2 should be 2000w 2 batterys
Amateur 3 should be 5000w 3 batterys

my reasons most people with a daily setup is only 500w to 1000w and only need 1 batterys most only have factory under hood they theres the amps that are rated 2200w to 5000w there are over 20 amps that will fit into this most kids like aq 2200 sundown3000d 3500d 4500s atomic5k ab 500.1 and so on and need 3 batterys to power 5000w i really think most new comers are amateurs and run these setup that alook around this forum is full of them.

splbenz
12-07-2009, 07:47 PM
Amateur 1 should be 1000w 1 battery
Amateur 2 should be 2000w 2 batterys
Amateur 3 should be 5000w 3 batterys

my reasons most people with a daily setup is only 500w to 1000w and only need 1 batterys most only have factory under hood they theres the amps that are rated 2200w to 5000w there are over 20 amps that will fit into this most kids like aq 2200 sundown3000d 3500d 4500s atomic5k ab 500.1 and so on and need 3 batterys to power 5000w i really think most new comers are amateurs and run these setup that alook around this forum is full of them.

i think that 5000 is a little to much for am classes i ran am 2 this year and 2000 was a good number for am 2 i think 3500 would be good for am 3 and ne thing over would be good for stock classes depending on the stock class setup that should spread the field out. because with 5000w u can hit and will be close to 150's i heard word about a trunk class that would be interesting to see i will be probally be in no wall or super stock this year depending on how pissed i want to get my wife lol but we will have club members in the am classes. am still music only? w no limit on subs?

loudmofo
12-07-2009, 07:53 PM
i think that 5000 is a little to much for am classes i ran am 2 this year and 2000 was a good number for am 2 i think 3500 would be good for am 3 and ne thing over would be good for stock classes depending on the stock class setup that should spread the field out. because with 5000w u can hit and will be close to 150's i heard word about a trunk class that would be interesting to see i will be probally be in no wall or super stock this year depending on how pissed i want to get my wife lol but we will have club members in the am classes. am still music only? w no limit on subs?

thats why 1 and 2 are 2000w under alot of people really have amps that are 3000w to 5000w those are the biggest seller of amps after your 1st amp and can be had used from $300-$800 on these forums theres a dd m3 forsale on here thats a 4000w amp at 1/2ohm for $550 shipped this is what people like using daily the stock classes without limits are closer to 155db but these are all people that have had help or been around a few years.

Mr. Slate
12-07-2009, 08:01 PM

Not really. My 1st year in USACi, I ran 2 Earthquake D3s for power in the stock classes. This was also my daily.

SPL Blazer
12-07-2009, 08:12 PM
The Amateur 3 class would be the only one with no limit on sq" for subs, and yes, they will still be a music only class.

5000 watts is a bit much for any of the Amateur classes. Mike has a point, you can pick up some of these for cheap on these forums and some of the other ones too. But, I have yet to see anyone come out and attempt to compete in any Amateur classes with any amp that they couldn't buy at Best Buy or their local retailer. A DD M3 is a great amp, but if you think about it, what rookie is really going to have a clue about the potential of such an amp? The idea of Amateur classes is to keep it more of a level playing field for those that don't know a lot about SPL but want to learn. They have the chance to learn and do some work on their systems playing music with a reasonable amount of power, then if they feel they know enough to take it up a notch, then they can invest in more power, batteries, wiring, HO Alts, etc and jump up to the Stock classes. If there was a limit of 5K in Amateur you would need the 3 batts at least, plus a lot of 0 ga wire and a beefed up Alt. Putting that much of an investment into a system really wouldn't be something an Amateur would be willing to do to be competitive. Gotta keep in mind that Amateurs for the most part are new to any kind of SPL comp and are just coming out with their daily system to see what it hits. Some get surprised how loud they are and want more. If you have a power limit thats too high it'll scare away potential SPL competitors. Not everyone gets hooked on SPL after their 1st show, so you gotta keep it fair so they will come back out for a 2nd show.

loudmofo
12-07-2009, 08:26 PM
steve you can run 5000w on a stock alt and 1 run of wire going to two batterys out back that are hooked up close to the amp i ran both my ab 500.1s last year with 1 run of wire lol and my alt was stock beleave it or not till last year cause the foctory one died lol so i got one thats ex reg guess what it made no differnce in spl numbers lol im just saying that the new guy with a bigger amp doesnt want to be placed into a class with pros doing 155db+ something to look into really its a better idea then you think.

loudmofo
12-07-2009, 08:30 PM
so are you going by 4ohm rating on amps or what people think they can do because the way the classes are it just opens up ways to cheat really.

SPL Blazer
12-07-2009, 08:37 PM
If I allow 3K-5K in the Amateur 3 class then anyone that shows up with that much power will only be able to compete in NESPL events as an Amateur. If they attempt to get into the Rookie classes of TNESPL they'll be in the higher classes. If I keep it at 2K for the Amateur classes then they'll also be able to compete in the TNESPL Rookie classes. My plans are to run an equal number of events next season between NESPL and TNESPL, so keeping the power limits pretty close will allow the same competitors to compete in both orgs Rookie classes without having to change out amps.

For the 2009 season nobody in the Stock classes came anywhere close to a 155, TJ was the highest with a 151 and Dave Lenheman with a 152.

SPL Blazer
12-07-2009, 08:39 PM
so are you going by 4ohm rating on amps or what people think they can do because the way the classes are it just opens up ways to cheat really.

It's be on the rms rated power. I've always hated going by 4 ohm ratings for power classes. That way really opens it up for cheating and having an unfair advantage, the DD M3 is a big example. That amp puts out well over 3000 watts yet fits into a class for 600 watts and under, thats hardly fair for anyone just starting out.

ACT Audio
12-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Steve, definately make sure that Audio team member aren't allowed in Ameteur Classes.... Wasn't sure if that was in the rules? Hopefully things will work out for 2010.....

ACT Audio
12-07-2009, 08:42 PM
If I allow 3K-5K in the Amateur 3 class then anyone that shows up with that much power will only be able to compete in NESPL events as an Amateur. If they attempt to get into the Rookie classes of TNESPL they'll be in the higher classes. If I keep it at 2K for the Amateur classes then they'll also be able to compete in the TNESPL Rookie classes. My plans are to run an equal number of events next season between NESPL and TNESPL, so keeping the power limits pretty close will allow the same competitors to compete in both orgs Rookie classes without having to change out amps.

For the 2009 season nobody in the Stock classes came anywhere close to a 155, TJ was the highest with a 151 and Dave Lenheman with a 152.

UH... Chris...154?

SPL Blazer
12-07-2009, 08:47 PM
UH... Chris...154?

If I remember correctly he did that # in the No-wall class, not a stock class.

loudmofo
12-07-2009, 08:47 PM

Ameteur Classes should be only new comers knowone that ever competed in the past or last season would be allowed in any Ameteur Classes that leave room to grow and will make they want to step up into the stock classes when they get there feet wet just a idea it doesnt mater to me ethier way.

ACT Audio
12-07-2009, 08:51 PM
Ameteur Classes should be only new comers knowone that ever competed in the past or last season would be allowed in any Ameteur Classes that leave room to grow and will make they want to step up into the stock classes when they get there feet wet just a idea it doesnt mater to me ethier way.

I think a 2 year grace period for new comers would be good......

Some people compete there first just start learning, but the second season start refining and improving.

Make you ametuer class a 2 year Maximum. Head Judges decision to bump a competitor from Ametuer to Stock:greedy:

SPL Blazer
12-07-2009, 08:55 PM
Steve, definately make sure that Audio team member aren't allowed in Ameteur Classes.... Wasn't sure if that was in the rules? Hopefully things will work out for 2010.....

I had that in the rules for 2009, but removed that for 2010. I will have to add something about competitors that have earned XX amount of points in any other org or attended XX of SPL comps in NESPL or any other org last season will have to advance to the Stock classes. If I come up with a rule on this what limit should we add for this rule? Say 10 SPL shows and/or 40 points?

I removed the rule for 2010 mainly because the class was originally formed to attract car club members and newbies to the lanes, yet very few car club members actually tried it. A couple car clubs made the exception in 2009 and have transformed more into an SPL club than a car club, so it would be unfair to their other members that will be attempting the Amateur classes next season.

loudmofo
12-07-2009, 08:55 PM
I think a 2 year grace period for new comers would be good......

Some people compete there first just start learning, but the second season start refining and improving.

Make you ametuer class a 2 year Maximum. Head Judges decision to bump a competitor from Ametuer to Stock:greedy:

1 year only no need to be in them 2 years thats why they have stock classes this is for new people not to let people drop down into the class just to win this is what cause most of the problems with not getting new people into the sport they feel like they cant win so they never come back we need to give them a place where they can win right from the start this is what makes people hooked lol.

ACT Audio
12-07-2009, 09:00 PM
1 year only no need to be in them 2 years thats why they have stock classes this is for new people not to let people drop down into the class just to win this is what cause most of the problems with not getting new people into the sport they feel like they cant win so they never come back we need to give them a place where they can win right from the start this is what makes people hooked lol.

true, but some people just really get going there second year..... if someone is killing the ametuer class then the judge has the option to bump them to stock.... Just an idea.

the stock class is super competitive.....

any real differences between nespl and tnespl....... was checking them out didn't see and BIG #'s last year???? wasn't sure....:confused:

Mic placement, running/off, battery limits?

SPL Blazer
12-07-2009, 09:00 PM
I like the 1 year idea, but at the same time it isn't fair to some guys that could only make it out to 2 or 3 shows during the season. Thats why I'm thinking of something like a certain # of shows or # of points accrued from any other org. Leaving it up to the head judge as far as who gets bumped up is a good idea too, and I'll probably add that too.

loudmofo
12-07-2009, 09:02 PM
I had that in the rules for 2009, but removed that for 2010. I will have to add something about competitors that have earned XX amount of points in any other org or attended XX of SPL comps in NESPL or any other org last season will have to advance to the Stock classes. If I come up with a rule on this what limit should we add for this rule? Say 10 SPL shows and/or 40 points?

I removed the rule for 2010 mainly because the class was originally formed to attract car club members and newbies to the lanes, yet very few car club members actually tried it. A couple car clubs made the exception in 2009 and have transformed more into an SPL club than a car club, so it would be unfair to their other members that will be attempting the Amateur classes next season.

we know most people that have competed in the past i say 1 year in any org or 5 wins in any org ever that will help alot we want those car clubs in these Ameteur Classes they will be going up againt only new people getting into the sport.

SPL Blazer
12-07-2009, 09:04 PM
any real differences between nespl and tnespl....... was checking them out did see and BIG #'s last year???? wasn't sure....:confused:

I don't think they have any big differences between our Stock and Super Stock classes and their WooferCooker and Pro classes. One thing different with them is that anyone sponsored has to compete in the WooferCooker Pro classes or the Pro class, including the No-Wall. Their WooferCooker (Stock) classes have a 5K limit, and their Rookie classes have a 2K limit and it's also based on music only, but it's more like out Slammin Bass format cause it's done on 30 seconds of bass music averaged over the entire 30 seconds.

SPL Blazer
12-07-2009, 09:10 PM
Mic placement, running/off, battery limits?

Mic placement is the same, also done with the Termlab. You can run the vehicle and sit inside if your under 150.0 db's, once you are over that you have to do it from outside. A big thing with them is you have to make 2 runs and your score is averaged by both runs to get your score, eliminates the sandbaggers. Battery limits are different in the Rookie class, but I think they are the same in the WooferCooker, No Wall and Pro classes.

SPL Blazer
12-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Ok, I made a few changes to the rules page. I added something about subwoofers 8" and larger not being used as mids will be counted. Also, I added a new rule for the Amateurs. Any amateur that has competed in more than 10 SPL comps in the previous season will have to move up to the Stock classes.

SmokeyDog
12-08-2009, 08:00 AM
Ok, I made a few changes to the rules page. I added something about subwoofers 8" and larger not being used as mids will be counted. Also, I added a new rule for the Amateurs. Any amateur that has competed in more than 10 SPL comps in the previous season will have to move up to the Stock classes.

if say the amateur has run 10 comps in tenspl and the competes in nespl dose that count to nespl or vise versa if there new this year dose the ten comps count. even if there club affialted. no sponcer but in a club what happens with under a 1000 watts am confused

SPL Blazer
12-08-2009, 09:02 AM
If an Amateur competes in more than 10 competitions regardless of the organization they will have to move up to the Stock classes the following season. As an example, If someone were to compete for a few years in dB Drags and competed in 25+ shows, then comes to NESPL as an Amateur that would be totally unfair to the real Amateurs.

Setting a limit on the number shows is to keep those that are gaining experience and getting louder and louder from staying back in the Amateur classes and taking home a trophy that should really be going to an actual Amateur. An Amateur being on a team makes no difference to the rules, they will be applied to everyone equally.

SPL Blazer
12-08-2009, 10:26 AM
I added one more thing this morning. "A competitor may only compete in a class for which his/her system fits". Meaning that someone from Stock 2 can't jump up to Super Stock 1 because there is less competition in that class. We haven't had any issues with this yet, but it's better to close the loophole now rather then later on.

Mr. Slate
12-08-2009, 01:24 PM
I added one more thing this morning. "A competitor may only compete in a class for which his/her system fits". Meaning that someone from Stock 2 can't jump up to Super Stock 1 because there is less competition in that class. We haven't had any issues with this yet, but it's better to close the loophole now rather then later on.

Or jump out of their class because someone louder showed up unexpectedly that day. I know a team we could name this rule after.

splbenz
12-08-2009, 01:47 PM

ya a trophy deff makes people come back it did for me! but the one year isnt the best idea a few people started late in the season( 5 or less shows) and dont have the means to compete in higher classes i like the 10 show rule in one year two year max once u relize what loud is ull end up moving urself out of the am classes and away from mainstream brands

what is the rule on teams or what makes a car club a spl team because we are a car and audio club some do both show and spl others just show others just audio?

Mr. Slate
12-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Whatever you want to call yourselves.

Mr. Slate
12-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Steve, I think you should have a "team car" rule also.

splbenz
12-08-2009, 01:54 PM
i know the hopping happens even in our club we try to give the newer guys a chance so we hop out of am to stock so they can compete and not just against other club members but i can see the problem w the hopping from stock to super stock because u cant compete in ur class and no one showed up for the other

SPL Blazer
12-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Steve, I think you should have a "team car" rule also.

what do you mean by "Team Car"?

SPL Blazer
12-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Last season there was a rule about no SPL teams in Amateur, but if you noticed, that has been removed this year. I had it there for 2009 because I felt that SPL team members will have an unfair advantage over a newbie that may not know anyone or have someone to help coach them along and help them build, like an SPL team member has the advantage of. At the same time, even a new SPL team member is an Amateur if they are new to competing, so in some ways it was unfair to them to have a rule banning SPL team members from Amateur classes.

SPL Blazer
12-08-2009, 07:52 PM
i know the hopping happens even in our club we try to give the newer guys a chance so we hop out of am to stock so they can compete and not just against other club members but i can see the problem w the hopping from stock to super stock because u cant compete in ur class and no one showed up for the other

In the case of jumping from Amateur up to a stock class, that is fine, as long as your system fits within the rules of that Stock class. Being in the Amateur classes is because of a competitors experience level, not their system, so you would be within the rules if you or another team member moved up to a Stock class for a show. At the same time, any comp you do regardless of the class, will count towards the 10 show rule for an Amateur.

splbenz
12-08-2009, 08:41 PM
sounds good keeps it fair for all ne break down for the stock classes yet?

Mr. Slate
12-08-2009, 09:34 PM
what do you mean by "Team Car"?

It's several members of a team being able to compete with the same car. For example, if me and TJ are team members and he uses the Yugo at one show, then I show up with the Yugo at another show the next week.

SPL Blazer
12-08-2009, 10:13 PM
It's several members of a team being able to compete with the same car. For example, if me and TJ are team members and he uses the Yugo at one show, then I show up with the Yugo at another show the next week.

I'll think of something for this one. Maybe just say that the vehicle must be registered to the competitor, or the spouse of the competitor.

SPL Blazer
12-08-2009, 10:14 PM
ne break down for the stock classes yet?

The classes are broken down already. Did I miss something?

Mr. Slate
12-08-2009, 10:30 PM
I'll think of something for this one. Maybe just say that the vehicle must be registered to the competitor, or the spouse of the competitor.

DB Drag allows it actually, but in NESPL, there is no need for it.

SICK GV
12-08-2009, 10:43 PM
If I remember correctly he did that # in the No-wall class, not a stock class.
lol the funny thing is I did less in SS no wall. I did a 154 in stock 3 and a 153.9 in SS no wall.

SPL Blazer
12-08-2009, 10:43 PM
If someone wanted to build a Team SPL vehicle and compete with it using the team name, and not the name of a competitor then I might be willing to let that one go. Thing is I'm also looking at other things to do for the 2010 season like we did for 2009. Things like a points race, most improved SPL, Highest score of each class, etc, so if we allow a team vehicle then they wouldn't be allowed to use any scores obtained while using their team vehicle.

SPL Blazer
12-08-2009, 10:48 PM
lol the funny thing is I did less in SS no wall. I did a 154 in stock 3 and a 153.9 in SS no wall.

I had to go look that one up, I forgot you had done the Stock 3 class in CT. Ok, so you were the loudest of the season in the Stock classes.

SICK GV
12-08-2009, 10:49 PM
HAHAHAH! Nate it sounds like you want to borrow a friends car to compete! Hey ya gotta do what ya gotta do homey.

edzy
12-08-2009, 11:38 PM
So, Will I still enjoy being in the same class as Kieth?
And will I be bumped up to a higher class with the AQ2200?

SPL Blazer
12-09-2009, 08:48 AM
So, Will I still enjoy being in the same class as Kieth?
And will I be bumped up to a higher class with the AQ2200?

Just keep that box below the window line and you can do the No-Wall class, otherwise yeah, you'd be in the SS 1 class. Power isn't an issue with any of the classes except the Amateur classes. You could try those, but the 2200 would be too much for the 2000 watt limit.

loudmofo
12-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Just keep that box below the window line and you can do the No-Wall class, otherwise yeah, you'd be in the SS 1 class. Power isn't an issue with any of the classes except the Amateur classes. You could try those, but the 2200 would be too much for the 2000 watt limit.

my point on why the power class should of been higher ;)

SPL Blazer
12-09-2009, 11:49 AM
I could raise the power for the AM3 class, but then when we run shows for TNESPL and someone that competes in AM3 tries to compete in Rookie 3 they won't be allowed to because of the 2000 watt limit. I think it would be easier for the Amateurs if they could compete in the same class in both NESPL and TNESPL. If I raise it then it would have to be to a 5000 watt limit, so they could still have a shot at being competitive in the TNESPL's WooferCooker 3 class, that has a 5K limit.

loudmofo
12-09-2009, 11:53 AM
i would raise it to 3000w only dont worry about tnespl this is your rules and most people want to run your shows theres are to new to the area that most wouldnt care mush to run both at 1st.
or you can do 5000w like i said i think alot of people can get bigger amps kinda easy and can be ran with 2-3 batterys no problem i would really think about this.

SPL Blazer
12-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Yeah, TNESPL will be new out here, but I will be promoting their shows and formats just as much as my shows and there are a decent number of guys looking forward to their shows coming out here so they can hit a Finals thats closer than Tulsa OK. This is a reason for my changing the Sq in limits on the Stock classes, they will match the ones for TNESPL. Plus, I'll be able to compete in the TNESPL shows. I've been talking about bringing them out here for months and have gotten a lot of positive feedback from the competitors about it.

SPL Blazer
12-09-2009, 12:12 PM
The first couple shows this season may end up being TNESPL events, just to make sure people start getting their points. And since their Rookie class format is close to our Slammin Bass, I may end up running our Slammin Bass along with the SPL for those shows.

defj
12-09-2009, 12:23 PM
If an Amateur competes in more than 10 competitions regardless of the organization they will have to move up to the Stock classes the following season. As an example, If someone were to compete for a few years in dB Drags and competed in 25+ shows, then comes to NESPL as an Amateur that would be totally unfair to the real Amateurs.

Setting a limit on the number shows is to keep those that are gaining experience and getting louder and louder from staying back in the Amateur classes and taking home a trophy that should really be going to an actual Amateur. An Amateur being on a team makes no difference to the rules, they will be applied to everyone equally.

In TNESPL,Anyone attending events within another organization(dbdrag,iasca,etc...) in any prior season(s) and achieving 35 points or more in a season will not be considered a rookie.So i think 10 shows is more then fair.with that said steve,there is alot of buzz about nespl around here,looking forward to expanding with you.and just alittle fyi,the 1st show after the new year has been posted, http://www.teamnortheastspl.com/?page_ID=3

loudmofo
12-09-2009, 12:27 PM
In TNESPL,Anyone attending events within another organization(dbdrag,iasca,etc...) in any prior season(s) and achieving 35 points or more in a season will not be considered a rookie.So i think 10 shows is more then fair.with that said steve,there is alot of buzz about nespl around here,looking forward to expanding with you

that this mean i cant be a rookie :mad: lol

SPL Blazer
12-09-2009, 12:28 PM
In TNESPL,Anyone attending events within another organization(dbdrag,iasca,etc...) in any prior season(s) and achieving 35 points or more in a season will not be considered a rookie.So i think 10 shows is more then fair.with that said steve,there is alot of buzz about nespl around here,looking forward to expanding with you.and just alittle fyi,the 1st show after the new year has been posted, http://www.teamnortheastspl.com/?page_ID=3

Thats a good rule, but where we didn't have a serious points run for the 2009 season none of our competitors could earn 35 points. Thats where the 10 show rule will help out for this season. We are looking into to some form of a points race for the season.

SPL Blazer
12-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Just looked at the distance for that show, just over 7 hours from me.

loudmofo
12-09-2009, 12:53 PM
whats the rules in woofercooker pro 2 class how many batterys

SPL Blazer
12-09-2009, 01:04 PM
A total of 3 batteries allowed in WC Pro classes. Unlimited in the Pro classes like No Wall.

loudmofo
12-09-2009, 01:12 PM
guess im out

spltuscon
12-09-2009, 02:47 PM
6.5 hrs for me...woohoo! Although that far north in February probably means a lot longer drive than that.
Looks like an indoor event...that's very cool. I'm gonna try to make this one.

defj
12-09-2009, 03:01 PM
6.5 hrs for me...woohoo! Although that far north in February probably means a lot longer drive than that.
Looks like an indoor event...that's very cool. I'm gonna try to make this one.

not indoor,but i would love to have ya just the same

spltuscon
12-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Brrrr....lol

Might still go though...

defj
12-09-2009, 03:07 PM
last year wasnt that cold,lol.there is an arena there,so theres heat inside,bathrooms on site,and food right across the street,it will have open skating,so its an event for the whole family.if anyone would like,i can get motel rates also

Mr. Slate
12-09-2009, 04:16 PM
You can't compare TNESPL finals to a USACi finals. Steve I think you have more competitors then they do. I know your season is longer.
No disrespect to TNESPL intended.

thorshammer1
12-09-2009, 04:51 PM
guess im out

Why's that? I'd love to have you come beat me up in No wall.:D

loudmofo
12-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Why's that? I'd love to have you come beat me up in No wall.:D

i will have 10-12 batterys and 30kw and the rear windowline in explorers are 4in lower then the box ;)

thorshammer1
12-09-2009, 05:00 PM
i will have 10-12 batterys and 30kw ;)

I'll be happy to take my *** whipping with a smile 16v and 28k:p:

splbenz
12-09-2009, 06:22 PM
i must of missed it ill look back and see

SICK GV
12-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Crap I dont have any equipment. Hey Mike can I borrow the DD amp for this one lol

loudmofo
12-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Crap I dont have any equipment. Hey Mike can I borrow the DD amp for this one lol

sorry sold that amp already to a friend.

SPL Blazer
12-09-2009, 11:27 PM
You can't compare TNESPL finals to a USACi finals. Steve I think you have more competitors then they do. I know your season is longer.
No disrespect to TNESPL intended.

I remember seeing a list of their members for 2009, they had 63 paid members, and 23 so far for the 2010 season. Our shows seem to have the same turnouts. Their Finals had the same turnout as the dB Drags Finals, but was a lot closer for all of us. I don't expect all of our competitors to make the drive to the TNESPL Finals, but I'd like to give the dedicated competitors the opportunity to go if they want to go.

SPL Blazer
12-10-2009, 09:46 AM
Ok, I made a couple changes to the site. Last season we had the rules for No Wall allowing for enclosures to be as high as the top of the front seat, not including the headrest. As the season went on I noticed that in several vehicles this was also the same height as the bottom of the rear glass, so for 2010 the rule has been modified to allow the enclosure to be as high as the top of the headrest. I bent this rule for a couple of competitors last season, so now we'll have it posted the way it was intended.

Also, in Amateur 2, I added the text "1001-2000 watts". Amateur 1 and 2 both have the same size limits, but different power limits. So to avoid some gray area, if you have less than 1000 watts you'd be in AM1, if you have 1001-2000 watts it's AM2. This should avoid someone with 900 watts going into AM2 because there is less competition.

BassBrawlinBill
12-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Steve I didn't see any rules about deadening, am I just missing it some how?

BassBrawlinBill
12-10-2009, 03:00 PM
"Competitors may NOT share any part of their system, meaning each competitor must have their own enclosure, amps, subs and radio when registering for the event. The ONLY exception will be to replace a blown sub, or amp. Replacement MUST be an exact replacement, meaning the same model number and/or coil configuration as item being replaced."
-copy/paste of a section of rules from www.newenglandspl.com

So if I blow a sub I can only borrow a sub from a friend if its exact same model I got that part but can I bring my own back up if its not the same model number. For example: if I blew one of my XXX subs and had brought my t5's can I swap them out since I own both sets?

Mr. Slate
12-10-2009, 06:34 PM
"Competitors may NOT share any part of their system, meaning each competitor must have their own enclosure, amps, subs and radio when registering for the event. The ONLY exception will be to replace a blown sub, or amp. Replacement MUST be an exact replacement, meaning the same model number and/or coil configuration as item being replaced."
-copy/paste of a section of rules from www.newenglandspl.com

So if I blow a sub I can only borrow a sub from a friend if its exact same model I got that part but can I bring my own back up if its not the same model number. For example: if I blew one of my XXX subs and had brought my t5's can I swap them out since I own both sets?

Steve in 2004 at SLAP finals, Manny let a competitor from Chicago borrow a 15" because he blew one of his. The guy ended up coming in 1st or 2nd but he beat someone that we really didn't like so it was a lot of fun.
I think you should allow competitors to "borrow" equipment but only in the event that they "blow" something.

SICK GV
12-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Ok, I made a couple changes to the site. Last season we had the rules for No Wall allowing for enclosures to be as high as the top of the front seat, not including the headrest. As the season went on I noticed that in several vehicles this was also the same height as the bottom of the rear glass, so for 2010 the rule has been modified to allow the enclosure to be as high as the top of the headrest. I bent this rule for a couple of competitors last season, so now we'll have it posted the way it was intended.

. If I build my enclosure over the window line but below the headrest how would that effect my class at a TNESPL show. Not to big of a deal I was just wondering for finals.

spltuscon
12-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Chris- TNESPL allows 25" high (from the floor of cargo area)for the enclosure for the no wall class so you'd be fine.

SPL Blazer
12-10-2009, 09:48 PM
If I build my enclosure over the window line but below the headrest how would that effect my class at a TNESPL show. Not to big of a deal I was just wondering for finals.

In TNESPL your enclosure must be below the window of the rear cargo area glass. Last season at a couple shows I had guys come out that wouldn't fit any class but No Wall, but their boxes were also above the window line. They only did one or two shows so I let them do the No Wall class, this year I figured I'd just change the rule so I don't have to bend it. Downside is they won't be able to compete in any TNESPL or dB Drags shows. This is also a rule that will help to separate NESPL from the other orgs.

SPL Blazer
12-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Chris- TNESPL allows 25" high (from the floor of cargo area)for the enclosure for the no wall class so you'd be fine.

I thought that was only in a pick up truck?

Here's the quote from their rules,

• Pro -No Wall-: Unlimited Cone Area - Enclosure and equipment must fall below bottom edge of rear factory window glass.

SPL Blazer
12-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Steve I didn't see any rules about deadening, am I just missing it some how?

I actually haven't made any rules on it. dB Drags allows for two layers, up to 4 mil thick, TNESPL allows for 1/4" before the "B" pillar and unlimited behind, as long as the panels will still fit. USACi has no rules on it that I've seen. I could make a rule on it, but it would probably be the same as TNESPL so I haven't bothered to make one. It's a hard one to enforce anyway, so I won't bother making the rule. My advice is to just follow the dB Drags rules on it so you can compete in any org.

Mr. Slate
12-10-2009, 10:03 PM
I actually haven't made any rules on it. dB Drags allows for two layers, up to 4 mil thick, TNESPL allows for 1/4" before the "B" pillar and unlimited behind, as long as the panels will still fit. USACi has no rules on it that I've seen. I could make a rule on it, but it would probably be the same as TNESPL so I haven't bothered to make one. It's a hard one to enforce anyway, so I won't bother making the rule. My advice is to just follow the dB Drags rules on it so you can compete in any org.

Steve, even though USACi doesn't have it in writing, Ralph has said 2 layers.

SPL Blazer
12-10-2009, 10:05 PM

I'll add something for this rule. If you own it, I'll allow it. I just want to make sure if someone blows their sub or an amp they don't borrow one from a team mate or someone else that has more power output or handling than what they were using when they blew it. As an example: It wouldn't be fair for a team to buy a 5000 watt amp and hand it off to each of their competitors.

SPL Blazer
12-10-2009, 10:06 PM
Steve, even though USACi doesn't have it in writing, Ralph has said 2 layers.

Thats a good way to do it, but, if it's not written it's can't be enforced.

spltuscon
12-10-2009, 10:13 PM
This is from woofercooker

#26 Enclosures and all other stereo related equipment in other type of vehicle other than pickup trucks may not be taller than 25 inches from the lowest point of the floor in the trunk and/or cargo area. Unlike pickup trucks, equipment can raise above the bottom edge of the rear window in SUV or hatch back type vehicles. This includes anything and everything attached to the enclosure. Examples of attachments are amplifiers, speakers, lighting, carpet, vinyl, suede, plastic, sound deadening, wire, sting ray, snake skin, ash trays, televisions, antennas, satellite dishes, gps units, computers, alarm or remote start modules, coolers, refrigerator, freezers, laptops, trophies, felt, polyester, cotton, crossovers, equalizers, sound processors, speaker grills, power cells, batteries, caps, legs, props, amp racks, pens, pencils, markers, paper, gift cards, food, drinks, seats, floor buildups, 50/50 tickets, etc... All stereo equipment as well as power storage devices must remain within the cargo area or trunk. No stereo equipment or power storage devices may ever be forward of the "B" pillar at any time.

But in the Pro no-wall you're correct....that's weird :confused:

Mr. Slate
12-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Thats a good way to do it, but, if it's not written it's can't be enforced.

I'll tell you what Steve, go to finals with more then 2 layers...........

SPL Blazer
12-10-2009, 10:20 PM
I don't see myself ever going to USACi Finals. But if I were and had more than 2 layers I'd make a huge deal about it if someone tried to DQ me for it. If he can't take 2 seconds to add it to his list of rules then it should not enforced, at Finals or any other event.

SPL Blazer
12-10-2009, 10:23 PM
This is from woofercooker

#26 Enclosures and all other stereo related equipment in other type of vehicle other than pickup trucks may not be taller than 25 inches from the lowest point of the floor in the trunk and/or cargo area. Unlike pickup trucks, equipment can raise above the bottom edge of the rear window in SUV or hatch back type vehicles. This includes anything and everything attached to the enclosure. Examples of attachments are amplifiers, speakers, lighting, carpet, vinyl, suede, plastic, sound deadening, wire, sting ray, snake skin, ash trays, televisions, antennas, satellite dishes, gps units, computers, alarm or remote start modules, coolers, refrigerator, freezers, laptops, trophies, felt, polyester, cotton, crossovers, equalizers, sound processors, speaker grills, power cells, batteries, caps, legs, props, amp racks, pens, pencils, markers, paper, gift cards, food, drinks, seats, floor buildups, 50/50 tickets, etc... All stereo equipment as well as power storage devices must remain within the cargo area or trunk. No stereo equipment or power storage devices may ever be forward of the "B" pillar at any time.

But in the Pro no-wall you're correct....that's weird :confused:

my guess is that this was made to apply to hatchbacks, but thats just a guess since I don't know for sure. I noticed they also have rules on the size of the enclosure allowed for Rookies.

Mr. Slate
12-10-2009, 10:24 PM
I agree but...............

SPL Blazer
12-10-2009, 10:36 PM
I agree but...............

I know what your saying, Wayne pulled that kind of sh*t at Finals last year with the Street Stock class. He changed the rules on the subs the day before Finals. I don't know, I don't see how anyone can enforce a rule that isn't written for their competitors to see and have the chance to follow. Thats another reason for this thread.

SPL Blazer
12-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Ok, so I have a question for the Amateurs. What are your thoughts if we bump up the power limits to 1000 watts in AM 1, 2000 watts in AM 2, and 3000 watts in AM 3? Is this something the Amateurs want to see, or should we leave it at 2000 watts?

loudmofo
12-10-2009, 10:53 PM
Ok, so I have a question for the Amateurs. What are your thoughts if we bump up the power limits to 1000 watts in AM 1, 2000 watts in AM 2, and 3000 watts in AM 3? Is this something the Amateurs want to see, or should we leave it at 2000 watts?

this was what i have been saying i say do it

SPL Blazer
12-10-2009, 11:16 PM
this was what i have been saying i say do it

Yeah, thats what got me thinking. I want to hear from some competitors that will actually be in that class and see what some of them think of it before I actually make the change.

BassBrawlinBill
12-10-2009, 11:18 PM
I know what your saying, Wayne pulled that kind of sh*t at Finals last year with the Street Stock class. He changed the rules on the subs the day before Finals. I don't know, I don't see how anyone can enforce a rule that isn't written for their competitors to see and have the chance to follow. Thats another reason for this thread.

I agree completely

On the deadener I was just asking for team members basically, you gave good advice tho.

I do like the idea of making Am3 a 3000 watt limit however I can see why you'd want to keep it at 2000. Of course it will be tough for you to get feedback from anyone who actually plans on running in it, most the rookies either haven't realized they will be competing next year or do but are not very active on the forums. You'll probly have to make that call yourself or with input from your regulars, know what I mean? But for the record I do like that idea.

So any chance that since stock 3 and stock 4 are combined now the battery limit for that class can be 4 instead of 3?

BassBrawlinBill
12-10-2009, 11:20 PM

hmm our first hint of what Dave's building for Chris... nice ;)

SPL Blazer
12-10-2009, 11:31 PM
I do like the idea of making Am3 a 3000 watt limit however I can see why you'd want to keep it at 2000.

So any chance that since stock 3 and stock 4 are combined now the battery limit for that class can be 4 instead of 3?

The big reason for keeping the same was for the guys to do the TNESPL Rookie classes, since they are all capped at 2K.

Bumping up the battery limits in Stock 3 is a definite possibility.

edzy
12-11-2009, 12:09 AM
This all is a bit confusing... So amature classes will go by amp size vs speaker size?
Or do they both count?
Or is speaker size related to Stock and super stock/street stock?

I guess I should re-read the rules a few more times.

BassBrawlinBill
12-11-2009, 02:16 AM

That would be sweet! I know I told everyone I would play in no wall next season but one of my team mates got a sick deal on some monster batteries so he grabbed them but now he needs to run no wall, so for the best of the team I figure I'll run stock 3 since I haven't done any mods that would bar me from it unlike some of my team mates.

So I guess I'll be gunning hardcore for Chris' NESPL overall stock class record. You all will have to have fun in no wall without me :-( Of course I haven't ruled out super stock... but I'd really like another year of experience before I try to run that class and play with the Renots boyz. Maybe I can back up my most improved title. Oh and I'll say this now and not change my bet but I'll give 3-1 odds @ least that Dave Lenheman will repeat as NESPL Competitor of the Year in 2010, any takers?

SPL Blazer
12-11-2009, 08:55 AM
This all is a bit confusing... So amature classes will go by amp size vs speaker size?
Or do they both count?
Or is speaker size related to Stock and super stock/street stock?

I guess I should re-read the rules a few more times.

Last season the Amateur classes were based on power alone, this season they will be based on power and surface area. And again they will be music only classes.

SPL Blazer
12-11-2009, 08:59 AM
That would be sweet! I know I told everyone I would play in no wall next season but one of my team mates got a sick deal on some monster batteries so he grabbed them but now he needs to run no wall, so for the best of the team I figure I'll run stock 3 since I haven't done any mods that would bar me from it unlike some of my team mates.

Oh and I'll say this now and not change my bet but I'll give 3-1 odds @ least that Dave Lenheman will repeat as NESPL Competitor of the Year in 2010, any takers?

Just make sure you can fold your back seat to up so it locks into position and you should be good.

And if your gonna bet on Dave for next year I may have to get in on that, since I'll be the one to decide, :D

SICK GV
12-11-2009, 09:04 AM
So I guess I'll be gunning hardcore for Chris' NESPL overall stock class record. You all will have to have fun in no wall without me :-( Of course I haven't ruled out super stock... but I'd really like another year of experience before I try to run that class and play with the Renots boyz. Maybe I can back up my most improved title. Oh and I'll say this now and not change my bet but I'll give 3-1 odds @ least that Dave Lenheman will repeat as NESPL Competitor of the Year in 2010, any takers?[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome. Im sure you can do it. Dont forget though I might have to bring the Jeep back if you get too loud lol! Even though Dave would prob easily get C.O.T.Y. I doubt Steve would do repeats because others might start crying so I guess Ill take your 3 to 1 bet.

SPL Blazer
12-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Who said we were gonna do that again in 2010 anyway???? lol, I'm sure we'll do it, but someone's gonna have to step up and earn it more than Dave did in 2009. Two years in a row would b possible, but Chris is right, people will start crying about it, it's the nature of competition, everyone wants to be the big winner.

CRXBMPN
12-11-2009, 10:19 AM
The big reason for keeping the same was for the guys to do the TNESPL Rookie classes, since they are all capped at 2K.

oh man i'm going to end up stuffing four batteries in my crx again lol

SPL Blazer
12-11-2009, 10:24 AM
oh man i'm going to end up stuffing four batteries in my crx again lol

Since CRX's are so loud anyway, I can always cut the number of batteries allowed in CRX's only......if ya want me to. That will save you some space, lol

BassBrawlinBill
12-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Who said we were gonna do that again in 2010 anyway???? lol, I'm sure we'll do it, but someone's gonna have to step up and earn it more than Dave did in 2009. Two years in a row would b possible, but Chris is right, people will start crying about it, it's the nature of competition, everyone wants to be the big winner.

Some would cry others would rejoice ;-) but you can't award or not award something to someone based on that imo. That said I know Steve wouldn't do that, does what he thinks is right (he cares too much to not be that way and is a good person). I also know its twice as hard to repeat any title so the odds will be stacked against him but I still say 3-1 He wins it hands down if Steve ends up having the award in 2010. Its gonna be hard for anyone to do more for fellow competitiors while kicking so much arse like Dave did in '09, even Dave will be hard pressed to match it.

CRXBMPN
12-11-2009, 11:25 AM
thx buddy! lol
i know for a fact that people with other vehicles and less battery quantity have done bigger #'s than I did with everything I owned crammed in to my white one.

splbenz
12-11-2009, 05:06 PM

would that still only be 1 amp or two amps in am 3? more people have two amps now adays its common to have 2 1200 watt amps ?

BassBrawlinBill
12-11-2009, 06:49 PM
would that still only be 1 amp or two amps in am 3? more people have two amps now adays its common to have 2 1200 watt amps ?

Bro look at the very 1st post in this thread, it has the answers to your questions.

craigecac
12-12-2009, 09:30 AM
hey steve, i think that you should make a rule that if a person is running say am 2 and they decide to jump up to stock 2 to allow a fellow competitor/team member to compete, then they shouldnt be allowed to jump back down to am class at the next show. this would stop people from jumping between am and stock just to win a trophy. i know there is alot of people out there that only care about taking home a trophy and dont really care about the sport.

SPL Blazer
12-12-2009, 02:46 PM
I see what your saying Craig, at the same time if we let competitors jump from AM to Stock and back so that a whole team isn't filling a class it will be better for those not on a team. If you came out for your 1st comp and there were 5 competitors in AM2, three of them are all on the same team and win 1st-3rd, do you think that new guy is gonna want to come back to a 2nd show if he knows he'll get beat by the same team members again? Someone would be much more likely to keep competing if they think they have a chance to win at a future show. It's all part of competition to work and get louder, but for someone coming out for their 1st show they may not have that "SPL bug" that some of us got when we 1st came out to a comp. There is a rule on only being able to compete in a class that fits your system, for just the reason your saying. But, Amateur competitors systems can also fit the Stock class systems, it's more a matter of experience level. I don't think it would be fair for a rookie competitor to be banned from the Amateur class they belong in because they wanted to see what they could hit on a burp.

CRXBMPN
12-12-2009, 07:40 PM
i have a new RULE. Dont let me drink a frozen mudslide, strawberry daquiri, ~3 shots of rum and a bud light golden wheat to start the night :-D

loudaccent
12-12-2009, 09:43 PM
after the feed back in this topic is settled corrections will me made to the site?

also do you know wen the events for 2010 will be up.. because im comeing up

craigecac
12-13-2009, 12:44 AM
i can understand allowing am class competitors to jump up to stock to see what they can hit off of tones. i was talking more about "club" members that jump up to make it so their other teammates can win trophies or jump up to a class with less ppl so they can win. i think that an am class competitor should be allowed to jump up once to see what they hit off a tone, or to run a sweep to find their frequency, but anytime after that one "grace" jump, they should have to remain in stock.

SPL Blazer
12-13-2009, 02:07 AM
after the feed back in this topic is settled corrections will me made to the site?

I want to have everything finalized by New Years Day. Once everything is set the final rules will be posted on the website, I'll make a post on here letting everyone know they are final and posted.

The first show isn't even close to being set yet. I won't talk to the shop til probably the end of March to set a date. Expect the season to get underway in late April, early May. The 1st show we do will most likely be done for Team NorthEast SPL and not New England SPL, just so people can start earning their points for the TNESPL Finals.

SPL Blazer
12-13-2009, 02:46 AM
i can understand allowing am class competitors to jump up to stock to see what they can hit off of tones. i was talking more about "club" members that jump up to make it so their other teammates can win trophies or jump up to a class with less ppl so they can win. i think that an am class competitor should be allowed to jump up once to see what they hit off a tone, or to run a sweep to find their frequency, but anytime after that one "grace" jump, they should have to remain in stock.

Something like that could be a possibility, but it would also be very hard to keep track of what Amateurs jumped up once, and which ones haven't. There are 3 times as many Amateur competitors than Stock and Super Stock competitors. And making a rule like this would be unfair if it was applied to only members of a team. Last season we had a rule about not allowing members of any SPL teams to compete in Amateur, but we decided that this wasn't fair to everyone because even members of an SPL team are Amateur their first season, so we eliminated that rule for 2010.

It's still early, but from the clubs I know that are competing, there are only 3 of them that are really getting into the SPL. If a team has too many Amateurs and some feel the need to jump to a higher class to avoid sweeping a class, then I would say thats a good thing. If a team has lets say, 4 members that fit the AM2 class, and all 4 are going to make it out for a show, it wouldn't be fair to those not on that team. I don't want to see several team members all in one class, it will scare off potential future competitors. So by letting them move up to a higher class to avoid sweeping a class I can't see any reason to not let them. At the same time, it wouldn't be fair to those same competitors to ban them from returning to a class that they also meet the requirements for. Once any Amateur competitor has completed at least 10 SPL events in one season they will have to move up to Stock the next season. Not allowing people to jump up to a higher class (Super Stock) is a rule already posted, but this doesn't apply to Amateurs.

splmegavan
12-13-2009, 04:12 AM
so like bill said bumping up the batteries from 3 to 4 in stock 3 would b awesome, if it does happen will the no wall battery limit be bumped up also or will they remain the same at 4. Also 1 question about super stock 3 its 720 inches plus last year i believe mikes van was the only person who came out with that much in that class will those square inch limits remain the same or be moved around a lil. you would need 4 18's to fall into that class not many people have that just wondering thanks

SPL Blazer
12-13-2009, 10:19 AM
so like bill said bumping up the batteries from 3 to 4 in stock 3 would b awesome, if it does happen will the no wall battery limit be bumped up also or will they remain the same at 4. Also 1 question about super stock 3 its 720 inches plus last year i believe mikes van was the only person who came out with that much in that class will those square inch limits remain the same or be moved around a lil. you would need 4 18's to fall into that class not many people have that just wondering thanks

I will bump up the battery limit in Stock 3 to a total of 4 batteries, all must be 850 cu in or smaller. Keep in mind though, these limits will ONLY apply to NESPL events. If you come out to a show we're running for TNESPL or Db Drags you will have to remove all but two batteries, they will have to be removed and not just disconnected.

Also, you might want to read the rules again, No Wall has never had a limit on batteries, only on amps and that part won't change.

The Super Stock class sizes will remain the same. We have competitors that are planning on coming out to comps from outside New England that may fall into these classes, and there are people building for Super Stock too.

I have also added a note to clarify the battery limits in Stock 1. You will be allowed a single battery up to 650 cu" in the stock location, and a single 800 cu" or smaller in the trunk/cargo area. If doing any dB Drags events we hold, you will have to remove the 800 cu in battery from the vehicle.

SICK GV
12-13-2009, 10:31 AM
It's difficult to build for multiple organizations and sometimes you just have to choose which one you want to do more of. Im attempting to build a stock/ no wall/ pro stock car. Might have bitten off more than I can chew trying to do this all in one season but I'm gonna give it a shot.

street b explor
12-13-2009, 10:32 AM

Rob bro bro Its TEAM XTREME LOUD AUDIO = The Loud Crowd.

And Congrats on making the Team We are looking foward to haven ya on Our Team. 2010 will be a good one.

street b explor
12-13-2009, 10:34 AM
It's difficult to build for multiple organizations and sometimes you just have to choose which one you want to do more of. Im attempting to build a stock/ no wall/ pro stock car. Might have bitten off more than I can chew trying to do this all in one season but I'm gonna give it a shot.

dont **** out ss n/w is calling ya they just set some new records for ya a 165+ and a 164+ over seas lol good luck next season.:laugh:

SICK GV
12-13-2009, 10:48 AM
*** me running!! Its a good thing over seas dont matter to me yet. I never **** out its just tough when I"m trying to maintain loudest stock car for NESPL, loudest no wall, and building to destroy Doc in usaci pro-stock. I should be trying to do one but my retarded ego wont let me lol.

SPL Blazer
12-13-2009, 10:53 AM
*** me running!! Its a good thing over seas dont matter to me yet. I never **** out its just tough when I"m trying to maintain loudest stock car for NESPL, loudest no wall, and building to destroy Doc in usaci pro-stock. I should be trying to do one but my retarded ego wont let me lol.

As much as I love the idea of people building for NESPL classes, you really need to focus on the more serious competitions, like doing dB Drags and TNESPL No Wall and the USACi Pro Stock classes, at least with those sanctioned formats you can make it to Finals.

SICK GV
12-13-2009, 11:05 AM
Well with NESPL and USACI its the same build for stock just diff batts. I have 8 Batcap 8400's and I cant count how many Batcap 3000's we got. With the no wall I have the ability to throw more batts in for a bigger #

SPL Blazer
12-13-2009, 11:16 AM
Don't forget you can add more amps for No Wall too.

craigecac
12-13-2009, 11:18 AM
i can understand what you are saying about how hard it would be to keep track of all of the am. that have jumped up. i guess that i never really thought about how many amatuers their really is.i just said something because from a spectators stand point it gets kind of anoyying watching someone jump from one class to another one that has a smaller turn out just so that they can take home a trophy. i know that i cant really say much becuasei my self havent competed yet, but i've def been to enough of your shows and talked to enough of the competitors to see who is really in it for the thrill of it, and those who just like to see that trophy in the house. i really like the idea of not allowing a team to sweep a particular class. good job on that one!

SICK GV
12-13-2009, 11:25 AM
Don't forget you can add more amps for No Wall too. I usually only use 1 amp in the Jeep but next year I'll only need 2. Partly because of no more room lol

SPL Blazer
12-13-2009, 11:31 AM
Gotta remember too, Trophies are a huge part of competitions, especially for new competitors. If it came down to only getting a certificate or a plaque at every show I wouldn't want to waste my time and money competing, one reason I lost interest in competing in Slapshow comps. I already know I'm loud in a Stock 1 type class, but getting a trophy makes the effort worth it. I figure it's got to be a big deal for anyone else thats fairly new to competing. Most of the older veteran competitors would rather take home a plaque or a certificate, because they have so many trophies already.

loudaccent
12-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Rob bro bro Its TEAM XTREME LOUD AUDIO = The Loud Crowd.

And Congrats on making the Team We are looking foward to haven ya on Our Team. 2010 will be a good one.

thanks, i normally do about 12 shows a year, and thats just db drag shows and these local shows i go to over here,, so 2010 will probly be like 20 events,, plus im gonna be doing 1x db drags over hear on the island,, and im doing throphys:D

SICK GV
12-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Looks like T.J. is building up quit the team for 2010. Good luck fellas. Look forward to competing against you :)

80INCHES
12-13-2009, 03:47 PM
i may or may not compete next yr...im focusing on more important things

splmegavan
12-14-2009, 12:43 AM
yeah building for multipile organizations is tough im unsure what class i wanna build for next year either stock 3, no wall, or ss 3. i deff wanna qualify for tnespl finals this year its going to be an amazing year for the sport cant wait to see everyones new stuff hey chris hows that ram charger coming out

CRXBMPN
12-14-2009, 10:30 AM
i'm personally building a setup to beat the loudest #'s I've done, whatever class that puts me in, i'm in... doing with the least amt of equipment is more fun though ;)

SPL Blazer
12-14-2009, 10:44 AM
Thats the good challenging part of competing. If you can put in the work and learn as much as you can and get really loud with minimal equipment, then you will get crazy loud when you add lots more. I'm sure you've seen plenty of examples too Jason, there are guys in Drags doing crazy numbers in the street classes with less equipment than guys here in New England are doing with walls and even No Wall set ups. Hell, look at Terry Brocks, doing 158.7 with 2 batteries, car off in the Street classes, there's a guy named Hank in Indiana that was doing a 162.1 in Street C last season. Just proves there's a lot of potential to get loud with enough testing and the right equipment, not a ton of it.

ACT Audio
12-14-2009, 01:33 PM
yeah building for multipile organizations is tough im unsure what class i wanna build for next year either stock 3, no wall, or ss 3. i deff wanna qualify for tnespl finals this year its going to be an amazing year for the sport cant wait to see everyones new stuff hey chris hows that ram charger coming out

The Ram Charger is sold. Decided I wanted to try to hit 160's in the stock class. My Jeep should be good for 158 but thats not money maker.....

street b explor
12-14-2009, 01:38 PM
ya your jeep should do well in ctreet c 4 12`s or two 15`s with them dd amps but remember them batterys will be a no no. and if ya do drag its only two batterys no multi cells.

ACT Audio
12-14-2009, 01:43 PM
Yeah I sold the DD's and looking to get rid of 4 out of the 8 8400's I have. Looking to get me some NSB's or CS's.

street b explor
12-14-2009, 01:45 PM
i'm personally building a setup to beat the loudest #'s I've done, whatever class that puts me in, i'm in... doing with the least amt of equipment is more fun though ;)

x`s2 bro i here that just got the 18in cones in today as well as the 15in ones hummmmmmmmm ss n/w could be fun. but school first then comes play time. hit me up ltr.

street b explor
12-14-2009, 01:47 PM
Yeah I sold the DD's and looking to get rid of 4 out of the 8 8400's I have. Looking to get me some NSB's or CS's.

the sc battery is good for street max and only one can be used in drag in the street class its not aloud the nsb is a good battery but there is a few others out there as well that will work for the money.

street b explor
12-14-2009, 02:32 PM
http://www.termpro.com/dbdrag/rules/2010/rules.asp?Org_ID=1 new ruling is up good luck in 2010

ACT Audio
12-14-2009, 06:01 PM
sWEET THANKS DUDE

splmegavan
12-14-2009, 08:30 PM
hey chris how much you want for the 8400's each

ACT Audio
12-14-2009, 08:37 PM
Ill PM you when I get home to talk about pricing.

SPL Blazer
12-14-2009, 08:38 PM
hey chris how much you want for the 8400's each

Thinking of going 16 volt?

splmegavan
12-14-2009, 10:35 PM
thinkin about it i wanna run a dual alternator system next year already in the talk for a 300 amp alt, and jumpin up to 16 volt. but right now all still in the works.. chris you guys got any 0 gauge in stock ill b stopping by tomorrow see what you guys got in stoc

Mr. Slate
12-14-2009, 10:59 PM
i may or may not compete next yr...im focusing on more important things

Wifey got custody of the Sundown?:crap:

Mr. Slate
12-14-2009, 11:05 PM
Thats the good challenging part of competing. If you can put in the work and learn as much as you can and get really loud with minimal equipment, then you will get crazy loud when you add lots more. I'm sure you've seen plenty of examples too Jason, there are guys in Drags doing crazy numbers in the street classes with less equipment than guys here in New England are doing with walls and even No Wall set ups. Hell, look at Terry Brocks, doing 158.7 with 2 batteries, car off in the Street classes, there's a guy named Hank in Indiana that was doing a 162.1 in Street C last season. Just proves there's a lot of potential to get loud with enough testing and the right equipment, not a ton of it.

Terry is an expert builder and is excellent in making his car loud before the equipement goes in.

SICK GV
12-15-2009, 09:13 AM
Thats how my team gets loud. There is a ton of prep to the car before we even know what we want to run for equipment. If you want big #'s you need more than lots of equipment all though it help :)

80INCHES
12-15-2009, 09:23 AM
Wifey got custody of the Sundown?:crap:

lol nah...im just not into it like i use to...im puttin my focus on making more money and playing my xbox360...lol

SPL Blazer
12-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Just to give you all a heads up, the TNESPL Finals has been set for Sept 19th in Ogdensburg NY. The points cut off will be Sept 1st. This will be a one day event, and will also be indoors.

ACT Audio
12-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Sweet....how many points do we need?

Mr. Slate
12-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Just to give you all a heads up, the TNESPL Finals has been set for Sept 19th in Ogdensburg NY. The points cut off will be Sept 1st. This will be a one day event, and will also be indoors.

Where can I find a link to their finals last year? I'm not going all the way up there for 10 cars.

spltuscon
12-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Here ya go Nate http://teamnortheastspl.com/?page_ID=5&season=2009

Looks like enough to make it worth the drive. More interesting than Drag Finals IMO...

SPL Blazer
12-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Sweet....how many points do we need?

You need 100 points for a Team NorthEast SPL Finals invite.

Each competitor will receive five points for every event they compete in.
First place winner will receive an additional five points.
Second and third place finishers will receive an additional three points.
Fourth and fifth place finishers will receive an additional two points.
Sixth place finishers and up will receive an additional one point.

During the 2010 season you will need to collect:

1. 80 points for an invite to the finals event. The cut off date to achieve points for the Finals is September 1, 2010.

2. 50 points must be collected in the class you wish to compete in at the finals event.
Jumping classes will not be allowed to gain extra points at events during the season. Vehicles shall be classified into proper classes as per rules at each event.

3. 35 Points are required to qualify a vehicle for the finals event.
If you choose to run multiple vehicles during the season the vehicle in which you choose to run at finals must gain at least 35 points by yourself during the season with the chosen vehicle. Vehicle must be owned and/or registered in your name to qualify it for the 2010 season finals by August 29, 2010.

The Finals Championship event for 2010 will include recognition of:

A. Over all point leaders for each division: Rookie, Woofer Cooker, Woofer Cooker Pro, and Professional.
B. Rookie of the Year 2010.
C. Competitor of the year 2010.

SPL Blazer
12-15-2009, 08:29 PM
Here ya go Nate http://teamnortheastspl.com/?page_ID=5&season=2009

Looks like enough to make it worth the drive. More interesting than Drag Finals IMO...

Their turnout wasn't far off from what Drags saw in Tulsa, add those competitors plus the ones that will be making the drive out from New England and the TNESPL Finals should be great next season.

SICK GV
12-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Wow 80 points. I hope they got 3x events cuz I dont know about driving out to 8 of these comps next year. 4 Maybe 8 FU*k no.

SPL Blazer
12-15-2009, 09:12 PM
I'll be hosting several of their shows here in New England, and there will be a 3X here in New England too. 8 comps in New England isn't that many.

street b explor
12-15-2009, 09:16 PM
It is if Nate show up and he dont win lol

Mr. Slate
12-15-2009, 09:55 PM
I mean is it big enough for me to attend? Doesn't exactly carry the prestige of USACi or DB Drag or IASCA.
Is this org. recognized by the industry? Even my SLAP championship got me a "nice" sponsorship from Soundstream and Kicker offered me a "total" Team Kicker sponsorship meaning they paid for everything, every expense (I can talk about it now, lol).
Also for me to trailer the vehicle way up there just for a trophy?

Mr. Slate
12-15-2009, 10:11 PM
I just looked at their website and it does look like fun. Steve, the 8 shows that your doing, is it enough to acquire the 80 points for their finals?

Mr. Slate
12-15-2009, 10:18 PM
lol nah...im just not into it like i use to...im puttin my focus on making more money and playing my xbox360...lol

What about the hundreds of thousands of people on this forum who need your box designs?:confused:

ecac06
12-15-2009, 10:50 PM

7 hrs away!!!!!
that is nutz

Mr. Slate
12-15-2009, 10:59 PM
What up ecac?

ecac06
12-15-2009, 11:08 PM
What up ecac?

not much man
hows it going?

Mr. Slate
12-15-2009, 11:12 PM
not much man
hows it going?

Taking it slow during the holidays.

ecac06
12-15-2009, 11:19 PM
Taking it slow during the holidays.

defiantly hear that

ecac06
12-16-2009, 02:35 AM

iv only did 5 spl comps last yr
but i atended a bunch of shows

so i could do am if i wanted to?

im still trying to come up with what good class i could fit in

SICK GV
12-16-2009, 08:51 AM
It is if Nate show up and he dont win lol

You can't win if you don't play.....

SPL Blazer
12-16-2009, 08:56 AM
iv only did 5 spl comps last yr
but i atended a bunch of shows

so i could do am if i wanted to?

im still trying to come up with what good class i could fit in

If I remember right, it was 5 with NESPL and 3 with USACi, thats 8 shows, so your still good to do Amateur.

SPL Blazer
12-16-2009, 08:59 AM
7 hrs away!!!!!
that is nutz

lol, not really. When I was competing more I'd drive a lot more than 7 hours for a comp. Try driving to West Virginia, 14 hours each way, or Niagara Falls, 8+ hours each way. We'll definitely be making the trip for TNESPL Finals, we may even head out a day early and party the night before.

SICK GV
12-16-2009, 09:00 AM
I mean is it big enough for me to attend? Doesn't exactly carry the prestige of USACi or DB Drag or IASCA.
Is this org. recognized by the industry? Even my SLAP championship got me a "nice" sponsorship from Soundstream and Kicker offered me a "total" Team Kicker sponsorship meaning they paid for everything, every expense (I can talk about it now, lol).
Also for me to trailer the vehicle way up there just for a trophy?

Whats the diff Nate? There was plenty of USACI shows around here last year. Enough for me to get almost 500 points. If you didn't compete out of the "prestige" USACI why be concerned with TNESPL? This is a chance for guys in the North East who "WANT" to compete but cant make the drive to OK or TX for a finals event. And with all those "sponsorship" deals I'm suprised your not louder:crazy:.......never mind thats a diff topic

SPL Blazer
12-16-2009, 09:02 AM
I just looked at their website and it does look like fun. Steve, the 8 shows that your doing, is it enough to acquire the 80 points for their finals?

I have no idea how many I'll end up doing for sure, but I'll make sure people get the chance to earn the points needed. ThorsHammer will be making the trip out here for one show, and that will be a 3X. Some of us will be heading out to Auburn NY in June for the St Judes charity show, that will also be a 3X.

SPL Blazer
12-16-2009, 10:12 AM
Is this org. recognized by the industry?

I know the owners of the other major orgs know all about TNESPL. The owner of TNESPL is also the eastern rep for Kinetik batteries. They are known to host shows alongside dB Drags multipoint events as well. The St Judes show in June will be one of those shows, with a Drags/Bass Race 2X and a TNESPL 3X. They have a bigger turnout than Drags does. TNESPL is just as big here in the Northeast as MidWest SPL is in the midwest, which is pretty well known.

ACT Audio
12-16-2009, 10:24 AM
We're Down Steve. The 7 Hour Trip Is Nothing For Finals. We Will Head Out A Day Early So We Can All Get Our Party On. We Can Get All The Points At 2 3x Shows. 1 Burp And 1 Slammin Bass First Place Both Classes.

SPL Blazer
12-16-2009, 10:32 AM
No Slammin Bass at their Finals, since thats our format and not theirs. But I did talk to the owner of TNESPL and he said it was cool if we wanna do some Slammin Bass formats at any of the 1X shows we host here in New England.

ACT Audio
12-16-2009, 01:31 PM
I Would Love For A Bunch Of Us Guys From Nespl To Go To Finals And Destroy Tnespl. We Need To Sandbag All Season Till Finals Then Show Them Whats Up. We Have To Cover All The Classes. E.c.a.c., Team Xla, Team Act Audio, Steve Griffin, And Of Course Dave L Need To Get This Done Holla!

SPL Blazer
12-16-2009, 01:51 PM
I Would Love For A Bunch Of Us Guys From Nespl To Go To Finals And Destroy Tnespl. We Need To Sandbag All Season Till Finals Then Show Them Whats Up. We Have To Cover All The Classes. E.c.a.c., Team Xla, Team Act Audio, Steve Griffin, And Of Course Dave L Need To Get This Done Holla!

The guys from Team Amplified Impressions will be loud next season too, I think they'll have every class covered with exception of the Super Stock classes.

splmegavan
12-16-2009, 02:04 PM
ECAC, is down for that, we will deff be there tnespl here comes nespl, my teams all made great improvements over the off season, very excited for this upincoming season,

CRXBMPN
12-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Nate I love ya bud but you have a Holier Than Thou attitude in your big shpeil and its not all that cool! You build a trailer queen you drive it to shows if you want or you dont drive it to shows :) Be thankful you are hours and hours closer to the scene than we are up here... regardless of what we drive or tow its still alot of time and dough to **** away, especially when you have not much of either to work with!

Take it easy young man!

ACT Audio
12-16-2009, 03:43 PM
Yeah Maine is a hike and a half.....but there is alot of you loud ****** up there.

CRXBMPN
12-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Yeah Maine is a hike and a half.....but there is alot of you loud ****** up there.

I've been to the LL Cool J car show with USACi NorthEast championships back at the Nassau Collisseum back a fews ago, that was a great show, about 7 hours :eek: Maryland back to back 04/05 was easily 12 hours each way!
PLUS ITS 6 DEGREES UP HERE RIGHT NOW!!! :verymad::furious::crying:

SPL Blazer
12-16-2009, 04:22 PM

lol, it's warm here, it's a whole 31 degrees.

CRXBMPN
12-16-2009, 04:23 PM
I saw some idiot with a brand new cherry red corvette convertible out today... WHY PEOPLE!? it feels like freaking 6 degrees and you bring out your florida car? Talk about mid life crisis :laugh:

street b explor
12-16-2009, 04:30 PM
lol its snowing here and sticking as well looks like its going to be a fun day to test these proto subs out.

SmokeyDog
12-16-2009, 05:16 PM
lol its snowing here and sticking as well looks like its going to be a fun day to test these proto subs out.

snowing wtf. i dident hear that on the news. i have no beats no radio no xm no ipod no cds driveing my car ***** rights now but on the plus side i have had 3/4 of a tank for 2 weeks now lol

our off season should be in the summer would make for rebuilding easier then working out in the cold.

CRXBMPN
12-16-2009, 05:16 PM
there is no offseason ;)

SmokeyDog
12-16-2009, 05:26 PM
well to me this would be the off season seeing i have nothing to play with

SmokeyDog
12-16-2009, 09:05 PM
in amature classes it says no tones. is a sweep a tone or music

street b explor
12-16-2009, 09:10 PM
Tone bro.

SmokeyDog
12-16-2009, 09:14 PM
what makes it a tone then its not just on hz

street b explor
12-16-2009, 09:32 PM
a sweep consists off depending on the test cd you have the sweep on 20hz to 80hz tones

street b explor
12-16-2009, 09:33 PM
we use it to find the renasont fs of the car

BassBrawlinBill
12-17-2009, 12:57 AM

umm, cough cough.... your forgetting somebody! ;) I know we are new but our members are not. I assure you my club will be making some noise next season, I know I certainly plan to!

We'll also be hosting at least one or two TNESPL events to help with points as well as several other soundoffs this coming season.

BassBrawlinBill
12-17-2009, 01:00 AM
The guys from Team Amplified Impressions will be loud next season too, I think they'll have every class covered with exception of the Super Stock classes.

oops I got all fired up should have read ONE more post! LOL @ myself :emb:

Mr. Slate
12-17-2009, 03:37 AM
I know the owners of the other major orgs know all about TNESPL. The owner of TNESPL is also the eastern rep for Kinetik batteries. They are known to host shows alongside dB Drags multipoint events as well. The St Judes show in June will be one of those shows, with a Drags/Bass Race 2X and a TNESPL 3X. They have a bigger turnout than Drags does. TNESPL is just as big here in the Northeast as MidWest SPL is in the midwest, which is pretty well known.

Steve, I'm familiar with McVey(sp). Back then, a few of us from drag started showing interest in IASCA. In fact, in 2006, I went up there and won "the best of New York series in adv. 2. I went up there unannounced to go head up with McVey but he didn't bring his van that day. I actually sandbagged that day because I wanted to show up again unannounced and go after McVey so I didn't want to show him my real number.
McVey always claimed to be the loudest in NY, when in all actuality, Jared and Shawn were louder and I think that there was a challenged issued but it never materialized.
McVey had a falling out with IASCA so they all quit and formed TNESPL. That part of NY was totally IASCA until the disagreement occured.

Mr. Slate
12-17-2009, 03:46 AM
I've been to the LL Cool J car show with USACi NorthEast championships back at the Nassau Collisseum back a fews ago, that was a great show, about 7 hours :eek: Maryland back to back 04/05 was easily 12 hours each way!

I forgot you were there. If you remember, the L.I. dudes (Audio Garage) called out Manny in the extreme class. They went and got the same equipement we had and built an extreme vehicle to go after him.
Manny beat him by 10 db.
They put one of their guys in my class and I think I beat him by 6 or 7 db.
We (T Rex) never lost a show on L.I. and we use to do all of them. They couldn't stand us, lol.

SPL Blazer
12-17-2009, 04:18 PM
We'll also be hosting at least one or two TNESPL events to help with points as well as several other soundoffs this coming season.

WooHoo, I won't have to run a show in New England, I may actually get to compete again, lol. Looks like I'm gonna have to get loud for next season.

CRXBMPN
12-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Nate yes we were there, Terror Squad played on the stage and it was an overall good time. I have a BUNCH of pix from that show, even Manny's # ;) And I remember AudioGarage thinking they were loud but never brought the walk to go with the talk.

CRXBMPN
12-17-2009, 04:25 PM
p.s. Nate, you probably forgot I was there because I didnt formally meet you until 05 in Keene NH at that night show :laugh:

Mr. Slate
12-17-2009, 07:16 PM
Nate yes we were there, Terror Squad played on the stage and it was an overall good time. I have a BUNCH of pix from that show, even Manny's # ;) And I remember AudioGarage thinking they were loud but never brought the walk to go with the talk.

Just like some other clown team around here.

Did Scott do that show also?

street b explor
12-17-2009, 07:57 PM
Just like some other clown team around here.

Did Scott do that show also?

ya that was a sweat show 0-150 was on lock down. some sweet rides there that day what about scottys show when he tryed to drive away with the sensor Lol that is funny.

Mr. Slate
12-17-2009, 11:13 PM
Where is Scott and who has that World Champion CRX box?

SPL Blazer
12-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Ok, to get back to the actual topic of this thread. I'm not hearing from any of the Amateurs for 2010, and I know a few that I've told to get on here and voice their opinions. So as it stands right now, what you see listed for the Amateur classes is what you should expect to see for 2010.

As far as the Stock classes are concerned. What's the opinion of the sq inch limits, should they stay the same as they are listed now, or be changed back to the way they were last season? Except for Dave L, I'm willing to bet none of you even noticed the change in sizes.

The Super Stock 1 limits have changed slightly. Now a walled set up with two 18's will be in the same class as two 15's. The others have remained the same.

We also made a change to the Slammin Bass format, the battery limits were raised in all classes and Slammin 5 was eliminated. Unlike 2009, expect to see the Slammin format at most of our events in 2010.

CRXBMPN
12-18-2009, 11:15 AM
i was going to look into four 12's for stock 4 but i'll scratch that idea now.
amateurs may not look to this forum as much as us "pros" lol... so maybe thats why the feedback is minimal.
as far as Scott, no I didnt even really meet Scott until 04 or 05, even though back in 2000 I think he showed up and did a USAC show at Sanford Sound with MY OLD CRX ;) aka his before I bought it lol (yeah Nate, the same crx that used to spank you back in the day) with two BMF 15's and an MMATS amp that he smoked at the show.
Toby has driven off with more Meters than anyone I know :laugh:

x1le
12-18-2009, 11:18 AM
So the amateur power limitations are based purely on the amp used? For instance I've got a crunch 3000d that I'm running 2k off of based on dmm gain setting, but that would automatically put me into one of the stock classes since it's rated at 3krms?

CRXBMPN
12-18-2009, 11:30 AM
i believe they can clamp the power to find it out if necessary... i believe when Mike H set a record up in NY he was clamped just below 2k for his class, i'm not sure what amp he had or what it was rated at though. Hope that helps.

spltuscon
12-18-2009, 11:46 AM
Its based on the rated power, Mike's was clamped because it was a multi-point event for DB Drag and a class with a 2k limit. His amp was rated for 2k though...a DC 2k or whatever they call it.
Steve has expressed that clamping power is too time consuming and I think he's right about that.

spltuscon
12-18-2009, 11:49 AM
I like the way the classes break down now with cone surface...it makes it correspond with TNESPL which will make it easier to go between the two orgs.

CRXBMPN
12-18-2009, 11:51 AM
I agree, and clamping power is way too time consuming...
it should be like a USACi deal, you run what you brung and if there are any problems PROTEST IT. Make it either worth Steve and everyone's time to gripe about it, or dont make it an issue. If a protest happened wouldnt it be easy to just burp the stereo again UNTOUCHED to produce the same # w/in +/- idk .5db and if it clamps under then its cool...

defj
12-18-2009, 12:03 PM

http://www.aceboard.net/kator/smiley230.abgif

street b explor
12-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACT Audio

[/QUOTE]

Bro you know how we roll were down to earth and dont like it when others talk like this un less its talked first so were cool i dont know why this punk keeps bringing my team and i in to stuff sorry for the mess up hope them sub probs ya had got fixed Thanks Tj

street b explor
12-18-2009, 12:13 PM
hit me up some time ask rob for my #

defj
12-18-2009, 12:19 PM
hit me up some time ask rob for my #

np tj,subs are just fine now,too bad it took me all season to work out the bugs,now its time to biuld,gotta finish insulating my garage first though,cause its wayyy to cold right now,lol

street b explor
12-18-2009, 12:24 PM
np tj,subs are just fine now,too bad it took me all season to work out the bugs,now its time to biuld,gotta finish insulating my garage first though,cause its wayyy to cold right now,lol

Ya i had to fire up the heat yester day its way to cold out there.
i have to take the yr off but that is not stoping me from comming out to a few shows here and there just nothing serious this yr school first. how is the garage work comming along.

thorshammer1
12-18-2009, 01:07 PM
Quote:

How about I issue you a challenge? 45hz or less :) I dont care what size subs you bring nor how many batts,amps or vehicle. :)

How about it;)

spltuscon
12-18-2009, 01:17 PM
Bill G. would be the one for that challenge since he burps over a 150 at 40hz.

Most of the rest of us are tuned above that, in some cases by a lot...I could re-build for that I guess although not sure how loud I'd be below my trucks peak.

Sounds like fun though...lows are definitely more interesting IMO

peas247
12-18-2009, 01:19 PM
Quote:

How about I issue you a challenge? 45hz or less :) I dont care what size subs you bring nor how many batts,amps or vehicle. :)

How about it;)

ill come out and play, deff not as loud as ya but u know my #'s are gonna be in the low to mid 30's

CRXBMPN
12-18-2009, 01:25 PM
my blue crx peaked @ 43hz with two H2 12's and I was doing 153.5 on the SLAP tight AC180 :laugh:, doing around a 151 at the glass on the TL with two h2 12's and four 1200d's. I'd love to find me some H2 12's, only dual .7 instead of dual 2, too bad they dont exist ;)

thorshammer1
12-18-2009, 02:10 PM
ill come out and play, deff not as loud as ya but u know my #'s are gonna be in the low to mid 30's

Oh sucka its on!:laugh: I'll go for a music peak vs your tone peak. Should even the odds ;)

I'm looking forward to a Psychobuilding Party in Feb ish! We're gonna break out the o scopes and get some serious testing done!:D

my blue crx peaked @ 43hz with two H2 12's and I was doing 153.5 on the SLAP tight AC180 :laugh:, doing around a 151 at the glass on the TL with two h2 12's and four 1200d's. I'd love to find me some H2 12's, only dual .7 instead of dual 2, too bad they dont exist ;)

I spent my first yr gettting spanked by a blonde in a pretty blue rex:crap::laugh:

Since then I've only had the chance to go against a rex once and cough I won. lol (his port blew up so I won by his failure) Either way I was happy as hell.:D

Sure come on up for the St. Judes event i'm always down for more competition. :D

Maybe I'll add a side show with a Loudest Car and Biggest Sheyot Talker Award just for the guys who have the biggest mouths. lol Winner gets a big Trophy and the Last place guy shaves his head!:laugh:

peas247
12-18-2009, 02:20 PM
Oh sucka its on!:laugh: I'll go for a music peak vs your tone peak. Should even the odds ;)

I'm looking forward to a Psychobuilding Party in Feb ish! We're gonna break out the o scopes and get some serious testing done!:D

thats the plan, mid feb ish get crackin on some cars, gonna build outta birch and a **** load of resin goin in this box. should be quite a bit louder than last year

BassBrawlinBill
12-18-2009, 02:36 PM
Bill G. would be the one for that challenge since he burps over a 150 at 40hz.

Most of the rest of us are tuned above that, in some cases by a lot...I could re-build for that I guess although not sure how loud I'd be below my trucks peak.

Sounds like fun though...lows are definitely more interesting IMO

Yes sir that sounds like my kinda party! I def take pride in burping low, so much so I want to go lower, a lot lower.

99% that I'll be at the St. Judes show with a team mate or 2, maybe by then I'll even have an enclosure actually designed for the subs I got so I can step on my old number with my relatively puny amps.

I won't be in contension for the ****. talking trophy tho... not that I am not good at talking trash (I am) its just not my style imma friendly bloke. I guess if the trophy is big enough I could give it the old college try :furious:

SPL Blazer
12-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Its based on the rated power, Mike's was clamped because it was a multi-point event for DB Drag and a class with a 2k limit. His amp was rated for 2k though...a DC 2k or whatever they call it.
Steve has expressed that clamping power is too time consuming and I think he's right about that.

If we were to run a multi point NESPL show, then it might be worth it to clamp the Amateur competitors amps, but not for a regular show. There are normally 3 times the number of Amateurs compared to the other classes and we normally have a certain time frame we have to get our shows over by, so clamping would take a lot of extra time that we just don't have. During the 2009 season I think there were 1 maybe 2 competitors the whole season that wanted to run in Amateur with more than 2K, and their amps weren't really ever going to put out their rated power. I know I let one of them slide, but he also never did more than one show, this is a major reason we're going to stick with the 2K limit over raising it to 3K for the Amateur 3 class, not to mention it will make it easier for these guys to compete in the TNESPL rookie classes too.

Mr. Slate
12-18-2009, 10:40 PM

How about it;)

You sure you don't want to rethink this statement?

loudmofo
12-18-2009, 10:48 PM
Quote:

How about it;)

can i join in is 154db at 40hz any good ;)

Mr. Slate
12-18-2009, 10:51 PM
He said he didn't care......

thorshammer1
12-18-2009, 10:57 PM
can i join in is 154db at 40hz any good ;)

Oh hell yeah! :D

Lets not forget that I issued Act Audio the challenge ;)

SPL Blazer
12-19-2009, 08:40 AM

You can always do this at the TNESPL 3X that your gonna help us out with next season, then it's not a wasted trip since you'll already be coming out.

SICK GV
12-19-2009, 09:43 AM

Sounds cool but I was doing that last year. This years all business and my freq is around 65hz with the new ride so I dont think Id do to well with that lol. 2010 is brewing up to be a great year though :D

Mr. Slate
12-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Still don't know how to find the resonant frequency of a vehicle. You're probably way off.

spltuscon
12-19-2009, 02:22 PM
No worries, the vehicle is in my possession and I did the testing so I could build accordingly ;)

Mr. Slate
12-19-2009, 02:24 PM
No worries, the vehicle is in my possession and I did the testing so I could build accordingly ;)

Well maybe you could answer the question if you will please.:cool:

spltuscon
12-19-2009, 02:28 PM
No offense Nate but I don't need to explain my method to anyone. Let's just say I used the most accurate method possible.

Mr. Slate
12-19-2009, 02:36 PM
No offense taken. The method I was speaking of is a standard method of a knowledgeable competitor. If you have divised a way that works better then the standard that has worked for "real world champions" for many years, then congrats. Looks like you're on to something.
Here's another friendly question. Do you gaurantee that your builds will bring a
"National or World Title"?

spltuscon
12-19-2009, 02:41 PM
No, I don't guarantee National or World Titles, I have no control over the customer following through on the rest of the build, equipment purchasing and their testing/competing. So it would be foolish of me, or anyone else to guarantee such a thing. I am only doing the boxes, not the other work involved.

I help the customer (regardless of who they are or what team they're on) achieve their specific goals, but I can only be responsible for my portion of that (the box build).

Mr. Slate
12-19-2009, 02:57 PM
Nice answer. What designs or who are some of your favorite spl box builders?
This is turning into an interview, lol.

spltuscon
12-19-2009, 03:40 PM
I don't like most peoples SPL boxes to be honest, a lot of them are effective for sure, but I prefer a clean finished look and preferable something unique. That was part of the inspiration for my Octoports, I have no interest in being a "me too" builder if you know what I mean.
As far as box builders go, I'm very picky about who's work I like. Pound That Sound comes to mind as someone who's quality is impressive to me.
The way I look at it, is that anyone can cut a hole and stick in an aeroport or make a simple slot port, but it takes skill to make something unique AND effective.
This is just my opinion and I'm not taking anything away from those who disagree or build purely for function, I personally just try to take it to another level. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I can't be happy turning out work I'm not proud of.
Just for the record also, I don't consider myself to be a hardcore SPL guy, I love to compete and build for others to compete, but I'm not gonna run out and spend $1000 to gain a tenth of a db. Just not my top priority in life so I try to do good with what I have to work with. I guess that's pretty obvious though, since I'm competing with hand me down Alpines...lol

loudmofo
12-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Well maybe you could answer the question if you will please.:cool:

why is this so important whats funny is ask roo or bob how they do it they dont lol they build around it and just tune the port with the TL this is how they thought me that its they best way of getting ever tenth out of the box no need to find the resonant frequency of a vehicle if you know what your doing.

SICK GV
12-20-2009, 11:32 PM
why is this so important whats funny is ask roo or bob how they do it they dont lol they build around it and just tune the port with the TL this is how they thought me that its they best way of getting ever tenth out of the box no need to find the resonant frequency of a vehicle if you know what your doing.
LMAO :ohsnap: If that was me saying that Id be called a big dummy lol. Im glad there are other competitors out there who think outside the box. Speaking of which my new box is finished and its a piece of art. Can't thank Dave L. enough for all the man hours put in to it. Its worth way more than the car its built for.

murilo
12-21-2009, 02:00 AM

Actually you need to simulate in computers like this to get a good SPL :fyi:

http://softeuropean.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/old_computer-pic.jpg

loudsw2
12-21-2009, 02:32 AM
so thats what i have been missing!!!
why didn't anyone tell me this before?

SPL Blazer
12-21-2009, 09:54 AM
We going to be adding another rule for 2010. "All batteries must be securely fastened down". This one is more for the safety of your equipment, but also for yourselves. SS class competitors usually have their batteries fastened down anyway, but they also don't get on these forums. So for al the Amateur, Stock and No Wall competitors, figure out a way of getting your batteries secure. Whether it's one of those plastic battery boxes they sell everywhere, or a custom made bracket, as long as the battery/batteries can't move around or hit something or someone in the case of an accident on the way to and from a show.

splmegavan
12-21-2009, 01:27 PM
thats a good rule always have to be safe, lol now i gotta secure mine down lol

SPL Blazer
12-21-2009, 01:34 PM
I've never had mine secured, but I will this year. I remember driving to a comp and having to slam on the brakes, the battery slid into the amp and ripped one of the wires out. It could have been worse I'm sure, but who would have thought a 70 pound battery would slide so easy. Worse case is someone driving to a show and being cut off by someone, last thing you wanna see is one of your batteries come flying up and hit you in the head if you flip your ride or something.

CRXBMPN
12-21-2009, 01:47 PM
can we secure them on the floorboard behind the drivers seat??? or pass seat??? im not positive of this and have seen other cars put them there and didnt hear anything about it being against the rules.

SPL Blazer
12-21-2009, 02:17 PM
For NESPL events I don't really care where they are mounted, as long as they are behind the B pillar. But keep in mind that other orgs may have restrictions on them not being in the trunk or cargo area.

SmokeyDog
12-22-2009, 06:47 AM
We going to be adding another rule for 2010. "All batteries must be securely fastened down". This one is more for the safety of your equipment, but also for yourselves. SS class competitors usually have their batteries fastened down anyway, but they also don't get on these forums. So for al the Amateur, Stock and No Wall competitors, figure out a way of getting your batteries secure. Whether it's one of those plastic battery boxes they sell everywhere, or a custom made bracket, as long as the battery/batteries can't move around or hit something or someone in the case of an accident on the way to and from a show.

what is concidered secure for a custom bracket. cant the battires move alil just a c.h. say if under a flase floor thats bolted to to the car.

SPL Blazer
12-22-2009, 08:34 AM
A little movement is fine, but it can't move more than an inch or so, you wanna have them pretty secure. And unless someone is in Super Stock then can't have any kind of battery box under the vehicle. In Super Stock you could make a battery box and have it mounted under the vehicle, but they can't cut a hole in the floor for the purpose of holding batteries. Any holes cut in the vehicle must be for wire runs only. There are no competing Extreme class competitors in New England anymore, and those are the only type of vehicle where you'd be allowed to actually cut the floor for batteries, even then I'm not 100% sure on it.

SmokeyDog
12-22-2009, 09:40 AM
do you need all the stock panles

SPL Blazer
12-22-2009, 10:18 AM
do you need all the stock panles

I answered this in your PM.

You really need to have all your OEM panels in place, I'm not gonna get super **** about placement and such, but when we do run the TNESPL shows and even for their 3X show we're gonna have here, you will need to make sure you have all your factory panels in place, that goes for the Amateur and Stock class competitors. Major OEM parts like headliners, door panels, rear decklids, front and rear seats, carpeting and dash boards are required for the Amateur and Stock class competitors. Super Stock and SS No Wall are a little different, they don't need seats in their vehicles when they make their run. All factory panels forward of the "B" pillar must be in place for all classes including Super Stock and SS No Wall.

splmegavan
12-22-2009, 12:29 PM
k i kno on usaci rules the panel must be the same thickness as stock panels its fine,would that be the case for tnespl and nespl. and also alot of people have a custom deck lid that holds speakers is that considered not stock and will those people be moved up jw.

CRXBMPN
12-22-2009, 01:03 PM
i think that is loosely translated as "OEM or equivalent"

SPL Blazer
12-22-2009, 03:05 PM
i think that is loosely translated as "OEM or equivalent"

X2. As long as you have a panel in place, I really don't care if it's exactly the same as long as you have something there. As far as TNESPL, check out their rules and see, cause I'm not really sure.

dB Drags is more specific on such things, like the total thickness allowed and such. I don't want to have 5 pages of rules to enforce, so we'll keep it simple, just make sure you have a panel in the place where any factory panel was. Making a custom panel is fine as long as it doesn't violate any other rules. NESPL is more about having fun, learning how to get louder and competing locally, for those that want to get serious there are the other orgs like dB Drags and USACi where you have to follow too many rules and compete against people from all over North America, and sometimes the world.

CRXBMPN
12-22-2009, 03:19 PM
can the front seats be taken out in NW?

tangelo95
12-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Street 3 class is kinda funky. 4 batts and unlimited cone How is that a fair class?

CRXBMPN
12-22-2009, 03:37 PM
its street 3+
took out stock 4 due to lack of interest

thorshammer1
12-22-2009, 04:27 PM
k i kno on usaci rules the panel must be the same thickness as stock panels its fine,would that be the case for tnespl and nespl. and also alot of people have a custom deck lid that holds speakers is that considered not stock and will those people be moved up jw.

No You have to have oem approved panels to be in anything other than one of the pro classes.

thorshammer1
12-22-2009, 04:28 PM
can the front seats be taken out in NW?

Yes :)

CRXBMPN
12-22-2009, 04:34 PM
good.

Let me tell you the only rule to live by...

If it aint loud enough, get louder or be a b1tch!

tangelo95
12-22-2009, 04:35 PM
its street 3+
took out stock 4 due to lack of interest
Got ya. So its like a 12v nw class. That could be fun:D

CRXBMPN
12-22-2009, 04:37 PM
i believe its limited to 5kw total though, 3 amps max

tangelo95
12-22-2009, 07:24 PM
4 mono amps unlimited power. Thats the rule on there webpage

Mr. Slate
12-22-2009, 07:30 PM

So you're telling me Bob And Rooney don't know the resonant frequency of their vehicles? Come on Mike of course they do. I've talked to Bob on this issue years ago.

loudmofo
12-22-2009, 10:24 PM
So you're telling me Bob And Rooney don't know the resonant frequency of their vehicles? Come on Mike of course they do. I've talked to Bob on this issue years ago.

they build around it say you think it will do good in the 50hz range you build the box to peck in the 50s then you keep tuning the box playing with volume size and port size testing as you go to know where you need to be same goes for a 40hz or 60hz box or walls they dont test for it they guess what would be a good start and go from there ;)

SPL Blazer
12-22-2009, 11:19 PM
Got ya. So its like a 12v nw class. That could be fun:D

That is pretty much the idea. Last season we only had 1 or two at the most in the Stock 4 class and two to three in the Stock 3 class. By eliminating the Stock 4 class it allows us to add another Amateur class and also make the Stock 3 class more competitive. Very few people really fit the rules of the old Stock 4 class anyway.

SPL Blazer
12-22-2009, 11:22 PM

incorrect, in NESPL there is no limit on power in the Stock classes. in the Stock 3 class your limited to two amps, or four amps strapped to make two.

In TNESPL they have a 5K limit in their WooferCooker classes, and I don't think they have a limit on the number of amps.

thorshammer1
12-22-2009, 11:23 PM
they build around it say you think it will do good in the 50hz range you build the box to peck in the 50s then you keep tuning the box playing with volume size and port size testing as you go to know where you need to be same goes for a 40hz or 60hz box or walls they dont test for it they guess what would be a good start and go from there ;)

I thought I was the only one to tune like that. :laugh:

ecac06
12-22-2009, 11:53 PM
i wish there was something better that my trunk car would fit in... because i have no port to get in to the trunk from the cap

splmegavan
12-23-2009, 12:24 AM
k so just double checkin super stock 3 is now 801 square inches and up now i know before it was 720 plus jw. need alot of subs to reach that class

SPL Blazer
12-23-2009, 10:24 AM
k so just double checkin super stock 3 is now 801 square inches and up now i know before it was 720 plus jw. need alot of subs to reach that class

801+, thats correct. There's not much of a difference between the 720 and 801 cu in limits. Last season there was nobody in that class, I thought about dumping it for 2010, but there will be at least one person that would fit that class for this coming season. If I were to merge the Super Stock 2 and 3 classes together that wouldn't be too fair to the guys only running 4 15's. With the 800 cu in limit this will put anyone with 5 or more 15's or 4 18's into this class. Something I thought of doing was eliminating the sizes and just making it a Super Stock 1-2, 3-4 and 5+, but to avoid potential problems with that I decided to just up the limits a little, last thing I need to do is step on the wrong toes.

SPL Blazer
12-23-2009, 10:26 AM
i wish there was something better that my trunk car would fit in... because i have no port to get in to the trunk from the cap

What about Amateur 3?

Keep in mind there's still USACi, they have a trunk class that you could do pretty decent in with your new set up.

CRXBMPN
12-23-2009, 10:40 AM
thx for the clarification steve, my bad

SPL Blazer
12-23-2009, 10:49 AM
lol, no problem. I keep seeing people call the classes Street 3, or Stock C, so just mixing up the power limits is nothing.

CRXBMPN
12-23-2009, 10:52 AM
all my old school friends locally still tell me to build for Slap Stock 2 ;) hows that for not being able to let go haha

SPL Blazer
12-23-2009, 10:55 AM
all my old school friends locally still tell me to build for Slap Stock 2 ;) hows that for not being able to let go haha

lol, I wish Slap would make a real comeback, instead of only doing two small events a season. The 1st year I got off my *** and started competing was the first season that Slap stopped doing a lot of shows. I remember driving to places like Sanford Maine, Hooksett NH, and Rhode Island just to check out the competitions, I didn't even have a system to compete with back then.

SmokeyDog
12-23-2009, 12:53 PM
steve if i get you a nice portable shed and a stupid big over sized heater to go in it you think you could do a few shows in feb. or jan i know everyone is rebuilding but it could be fun competeing with snow on the ground.. we could even set it up so you can stay inside and do everything thought the lil windows the sheds have lol

ecac06
12-23-2009, 02:11 PM
What about Amateur 3?

Keep in mind there's still USACi, they have a trunk class that you could do pretty decent in with your new set up.

i think i may be able to do that
ill be runnng 678" with a 1000.1
for now

ya usaci has that but i go to more nespl then usaci shows lol

TheSleeper
12-23-2009, 02:33 PM
I was planning on competing in stock 3 this next season, and am hoping to be in the 155 db range. If I achieve this, the rules state that I cannot be in the vehicle, but the rules also say there are no podiums in stock 3. Would I be forced to compete in Super stock if I reach 155 dB?

CRXBMPN
12-23-2009, 02:37 PM
yeah either burp with a remote or it looks like ss nw is it with an external deck. same issue i'm facing potentially.

TheSleeper
12-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Thats not a bad idea to use my remote, I never even consdered that.

CRXBMPN
12-23-2009, 02:57 PM
if you are tinted it can become a problem, when i used to burp from a remote i'd get the occassional problem where it didnt pause back haha, or sometimes i'd have to roll the volume and thats a bit tough when you have a remote.

thorshammer1
12-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Alot of remotes dont work through my mirrored tint. I finally gave up and have a 6ft. pigtail on the back of my deck So I can just pull it out for comps. :)

CRXBMPN
12-23-2009, 04:50 PM
is that not considered a podium? well you are in SS class, that doesnt really count for Stock boys

SPL Blazer
12-23-2009, 05:02 PM
is that not considered a podium? well you are in SS class, that doesnt really count for Stock boys

Yeah, that would be podium. He's never done an NESPL show, he's one of the TNESPL 3X judges and does their Pro classes, so he's allowed to have a podium.

I have one small area on my glass where the remote works. What I've done before was put a small square made of tape around that small area so I'd know exactly where to hold my remote so it would work.

For NESPL I'm doing the limit at 155 db's, in TNESPL the limit is at 150 db's and in dB Drags it's down at 140 db's. I've actually seen a couple guys gain more db's when they used the remote from outside compared to sitting inside. It allows you to move your drivers seat further forward.