PDA

View Full Version : NESPL 2010 Rules discussion

Pages : 1 [2]

CRXBMPN
12-23-2009, 05:04 PM
what if you do like a 154.7 or something first run inside and then you just all the way turnt it up ;) and then did a 155.3 second run, would you dq that person for being in with the car that loud or just take the first # or make a rerun occur outside?

SPL Blazer
12-23-2009, 05:14 PM
Good question. I think we'd take your first number and make you do a rerun to back up the higher score. If you did the 155+ on the 1st run your score would be held at 154.9 and you'd have to back it up from outside. If anyone is really burping a 155+ then chances are pretty **** good that you know exactly what your hitting and you'd already know to be outside the vehicle on your 1st run. This past season the only people doing more than a 154 were the guys in Super Stock, so I'll be surprised to see any Stock class competitors get close to a 155, possibly some No Wall guys but Stock will be hard to reach that number.

CRXBMPN
12-23-2009, 05:18 PM
i can think of a few... but i hear ya!
you are right, we know exactly what, where, when, and how to burp ;) to the tenth!

thorshammer1
12-23-2009, 05:27 PM
I spent the better part of 1.5yrs rolling my volume up to a 49.8 or so and then do the next run 150+ just because of our 150 rule. Between the tint and skipping decks i was just sol. lol
We enforce this rule from a show to show basis. If you do a 150 run then you have to get out. If its under you can stay in the vehicle for the 2nd run.

So now I just do ssnw in Drag and Pro No Wall in TNESPL. Much easier. lol Even if I'm not the loudest in that class I can always count on competition. :) Its no fun to run in a class by yourself. imo

Mr. Slate
12-23-2009, 05:45 PM
Good question. I think we'd take your first number and make you do a rerun to back up the higher score. If you did the 155+ on the 1st run your score would be held at 154.9 and you'd have to back it up from outside. If anyone is really burping a 155+ then chances are pretty **** good that you know exactly what your hitting and you'd already know to be outside the vehicle on your 1st run. This past season the only people doing more than a 154 were the guys in Super Stock, so I'll be surprised to see any Stock class competitors get close to a 155, possibly some No Wall guys but Stock will be hard to reach that number.

I was doing that number(55s) and was allowed to sit in the car. You get use to it.

Mr. Slate
12-23-2009, 05:46 PM
steve if i get you a nice portable shed and a stupid big over sized heater to go in it you think you could do a few shows in feb. or jan i know everyone is rebuilding but it could be fun competeing with snow on the ground.. we could even set it up so you can stay inside and do everything thought the lil windows the sheds have lol
That would be a quick show, lol.:D

tangelo95
12-23-2009, 06:16 PM
so in street 3. Can i run 3 amps or do i have to have 4 strapped.

ACT Audio
12-23-2009, 10:44 PM
I was doing that number(55s) and was allowed to sit in the car. You get use to it.
:nono: yeah on the audio control in like 99

!GET REAL!

loudrango
12-23-2009, 11:06 PM
thor and i look forward to playing in your nw class.see ya this coming season.should be a good one.:D

SPL Blazer
12-23-2009, 11:25 PM
so in STOCK 3. Can i run 3 amps or do i have to have 4 strapped.

Nope, you're allowed 2 amps, or 4 mono amps strapped, meaning 4 mono block amps strapped to make 2 amps. This applies to Subwoofer amps only, this does not include amps for mids and highs.

Mr. Slate
12-24-2009, 02:52 PM
:nono: yeah on the audio control in like 99

!GET REAL!
No prick, TL new sensor 2004.

SPL Blazer
12-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Ok, I think we've changed everything that needs to be changed as far as classes and rules. What you see on the website will be the official rules for the 2010 season. Consider the rules discussion over.

We've made changes such as the addition of a new Amateur class, the termination of a Stock class and a Slammin Bass class. As well as changes in equipment limits in the various classes. We've eliminated some of the gray area in the rules, while also trying to keep the rules at a minimum to avoid taking the fun out of competing.

On a side note, we have a new laptop for next season, so all the issues we had with Termlab freezing and whatever should be gone for 2010.

boom24
12-26-2009, 05:12 PM
when is the season gunna start??? my build is almost done

loudmofo
12-26-2009, 05:12 PM
i dont like these changes at all means i would need a whole rebuild to even compete the slammin bass format is not fair anymore

boom24
12-26-2009, 05:15 PM
i dont like these changes at all means i would need a whole rebuild to even compete the slammin bass format is not fair anymore

dont u love how he ****s us and helps the new guys wtf steve
jk

loudmofo
12-26-2009, 05:16 PM
dont u love how he ****s us and helps the new guys wtf steve
jk

yea but im not kidding at all **** this

boom24
12-26-2009, 05:17 PM
yea but im not kidding at all **** this

what car r u worried about your explorer...??

DSMW
12-26-2009, 05:18 PM
hes usually the crybaby

loudmofo
12-26-2009, 05:19 PM
bobs old van that mike has would be in the same class in slammin bass guess he wins every show from now on vs my none walled 4 12s

loudmofo
12-26-2009, 05:20 PM
hes usually the crybaby

dont you have a ticket to go pay :emb:

boom24
12-26-2009, 05:20 PM
bobs old van that mike has would be in the same class in slammin bass guess he wins every show from now on vs my none walled 4 12s

oo i see what ur saying id be ****ing heated also bro

loudmofo
12-26-2009, 05:22 PM

your new build is in the same class also ;)

SPL Blazer
12-26-2009, 05:24 PM
For 2010 we plan to run the Most Improved Score series again, but for 2010 we plan on adding to it. In addition to the Amateur and Stock class we will also do this for the Super Stock and SS No Wall classes, and possibly Most Improved Female competitor. We will be working on a points system as well, we'll announce the details on all of this at a later date.

boom24
12-26-2009, 05:25 PM

so were both ****ed then.....motha ****er steve now ur pissing even me off this is bull **** :bsflag:

boom24
12-26-2009, 05:25 PM

you were doing what 54s rite??

SPL Blazer
12-26-2009, 05:35 PM

I thought of this. In 2009 Mike Gladu never even attempted to run the Slammin bass part of the show, Keith did a couple times. Mike found out the hard way at Finals that his subs can't handle 30 seconds of music. In the Slammin 5 class there was only 1 person that competed in it at each of the shows we ran this format at. If I knew we'd get more than 1 person at every other show to compete in Slammin 5 then I'd keep it. I think we ran Slammin Bass maybe 6 times in 2009, and of those 6 times we had one person in Slammin 5 3 times, I don't remember ever having more than 1 person in that class. Having a class for 1 person isn't competitive, it's just a matter of handing out a trophy. It was almost the same deal in Slammin 4 class too. Keith was the only one in that class almost every single time we ran it. Buying trophies for a class with nobody in it was a waste of money and a waste of everyones time. If I knew we'd see more competitors that would fit into Slammin 5 then I'd keep it, but I don't see that happening.

loudmofo
12-26-2009, 05:40 PM
I thought of this. In 2009 Mike Gladu never even attempted to run the Slammin bass part of the show, Keith did a couple times. Mike found out the hard way at Finals that his subs can't handle 30 seconds of music. In the Slammin 5 class there was only 1 person that competed in it at each of the shows we ran this format at. If I knew we'd get more than 1 person at every other show to compete in Slammin 5 then I'd keep it. I think we ran Slammin Bass maybe 6 times in 2009, and of those 6 times we had one person in Slammin 5 3 times, I don't remember ever having more than 1 person in that class. Having a class for 1 person isn't competitive, it's just a matter of handing out a trophy. It was almost the same deal in Slammin 4 class too. Keith was the only one in that class almost every single time we ran it. Buying trophies for a class with nobody in it was a waste of money and a waste of everyones time. If I knew we'd see more competitors that would fit into Slammin 5 then I'd keep it, but I don't see that happening.

wrong mike was going for a world record at finals its kool ill just save me money

SPL Blazer
12-26-2009, 05:45 PM

It's funny, I mentioned back on page 15 that the Slammin 5 class was eliminated, yet not one person said anything about this. Maybe if somebody had brought to my attention that someone was going to build for the class or at least said SOMETHING about it, I may have reconsidered it.

I'll take a look at all the Slammin classes tonight and see what I can come up with as far as altering the size restrictions per class.

boom24
12-26-2009, 05:50 PM
It's funny, I mentioned back on page 15 that the Slammin 5 class was eliminated, yet not one person said anything about this. Maybe if somebody had brought to my attention that someone was going to build for the class or at least said SOMETHING about it, I may have reconsidered it.

I'll take a look at all the Slammin classes tonight and see what I can come up with as far as altering the size restrictions per class.

thanks steve

SICK GV
12-26-2009, 07:32 PM
**** David....less talking more cutting 25 sheets of MDF!

boom24
12-26-2009, 09:18 PM
**** David....less talking more cutting 25 sheets of MDF!

yea not just yet...figure out a price on those batt caps will u

SPL Blazer
12-26-2009, 11:44 PM
yea not just yet...figure out a price on those batt caps will u

If you need prices on BatCaps then Dave L is also a BatCap dealer.

Mr. Slate
12-27-2009, 12:00 AM
Steve, if Mike shows up with the van and turns it up 1/3 of the way, no one is gonna beat him.

SPL Blazer
12-27-2009, 12:03 AM
Nate, you have any idea what Buster is planning for next season? He was the only other one that would have been in Slammin 5.

Mr. Slate
12-27-2009, 12:13 AM
Nothing to beat Mike Gladu, lol.

SPL Blazer
12-27-2009, 12:23 AM
lol, I'm sure. My issue with Slammin 5 has been that the only competitors that qualified for this class in 2009 were you, Buster and Mike Gladu. You did one show, Buster did I think 3 of them and Mike Gladu did none. The scores Buster was doing in Slammin 5 were lower than guys in Slammin 3, and since I have no idea if Mike even plans on running Slammin Bass it doesn't make much sense to keep offering a class for just one person.

I updated the site and the rules for Slammin Bass. I added the Slammin 5 class again. I'l give it to half way through the season, if there isn't more than one person in that class then I see no reason to keep it going.

Mr. Slate
12-27-2009, 12:39 AM
Well I won't be in that class this year but I understand the issue.

boom24
12-27-2009, 01:45 AM
Steve, if Mike shows up with the van and turns it up 1/3 of the way, no one is gonna beat him.

well i dnt know about that...not saying iam gunna beat him cause i will be he first to tell you i wont but atleast iam building my car and not buying it:violent:

Mr. Slate
12-27-2009, 01:53 AM
So what. How dare you take a cheap shot at Mike. BTW, you think I'm gonna let you come to a show without me steppin to you over your thread? Since the only time I ever conversed with you was the time I was trying to help you and you wanna come on here and dis me, screw you and your punk friends from "Actress Audio". I'm gonna formally introduce myself.

street b explor
12-27-2009, 08:14 AM
:popcorn:lol

SPL Blazer
12-27-2009, 10:54 AM
but atleast iam building my car and not buying it:violent:

He had a choice, either let the van be sold to someone in another part of the country, or buy it from a friend and keep a great van like that local. I think he made the right choice on that one. Big Blue should stay in the NorthEast.

boom24
12-27-2009, 11:01 AM
So what. How dare you take a cheap shot at Mike. BTW, you think I'm gonna let you come to a show without me steppin to you over your thread? Since the only time I ever conversed with you was the time I was trying to help you and you wanna come on here and dis me, screw you and your punk friends from "Actress Audio". I'm gonna formally introduce myself.

u havta be 1 of the dumbest people ive ever talked to,and i wasnt takeing a cheap shot at mike you dumb ****...i was just makeing a point and he wont even do any street beat with the van any way even he said that he dosnt wana keep blow gear up

boom24
12-27-2009, 11:03 AM
He had a choice, either let the van be sold to someone in another part of the country, or buy it from a friend and keep a great van like that local. I think he made the right choice on that one. Big Blue should stay in the NorthEast.

i agree what i said was not what i ment

SmokeyDog
12-27-2009, 06:01 PM
ok i dont think this as gone over yet. ok new rules say if over 155 you need to be outside of the car. ok no problem with that. so if you do a 56 on your first run and have to be outside the car for the next run. now say you dont have a remote or tinted windows that the remote will not go though. you cant afford a new h/u, and decide that you can just take the h/u out of the car to run outside by extending the wires. so if you take out the h/u and have a hole in the dash can you plug it ,or do you half to keep the big hole in the dash? if you were to remove you h/u for daily to be outside for comps,

Mr. Slate
12-27-2009, 06:08 PM
Smoke, most people know the number that they are capable of before the shows. No unexperienced "newcomer" is going to show up and pop anything close to that number.

defj
12-27-2009, 07:17 PM
if you are capable of doing a 155+,i bet u can afford a better headunit,if not atleast a better remote.slate,earlier in the thread you talked about coming to oswego to compete with mcvay,what were you running at the time,and what kinda scores were u seeing?

SmokeyDog
12-27-2009, 07:24 PM
if you are capable of doing a 155+,i bet u can afford a better headunit,if not atleast a better remote.slate,earlier in the thread you talked about coming to oswego to compete with mcvay,what were you running at the time,and what kinda scores were u seeing?

thats not what i was getting at what i really want to know is can you plug the hole where the stock radio goes and on top of that if you got up to 155+ they might not be able to have anymoney for a secont head unit

Mr. Slate
12-27-2009, 07:27 PM
Blue Astro with a kit, 2 MT 18s, 4 Soundstream 6500s with about 30 8 volts.
62-63 legal on the current sensor.
It wasn't Oswego, it was somewhere near Watertown.

Mr. Slate
12-27-2009, 07:29 PM
thats not what i was getting at what i really want to know is can you plug the hole where the stock radio goes and on top of that if you got up to 155+ they might not be able to have anymoney for a secont head unit
Sorry Smoke, I don't quite understand.

defj
12-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Blue Astro with a kit, 2 MT 18s, 4 Soundstream 6500s with about 30 8 volts.
62-63 legal on the current sensor.

nice,any pics or links

SPL Blazer
12-27-2009, 07:49 PM
I see what Smokey is saying, he wants to know if you can plug up the hole the radio would leave if you had to remove it. The answer to that would be no, because without being in the No Wall or Super Stock classes you can't remove the radio from the dash.

Like Slate said though, if anyone was going to come close to a 155 they'd already know for sure. Also, a 155 doesn't come easy, or cheap. To get to that level chances are you'll already be in the No Wall class where you're allowed to have a radio outside the vehicle. If your in any of the Super Stock classes you can remove the radio from the dash, it'll be up to you if you use that radio for burps, or just buy a better radio and use that one.

This will be something everyone needs to address on their own too, because dB Drags won't allow you inside the vehicle over 140 db, and TNESPL has a150 db limit. So be ready for the 2010 season, because rules will be followed. If anyone hits higher than the limit on their first run, then their score will be capped at that limit. So if you hit a 142 in Drags then your score will say 140.0 and you will have to step outside the vehicle for any additional runs.

Mr. Slate
12-27-2009, 07:52 PM
nice,any pics or links

Yes, stuck in my laptop that needs repair. Hope you're not doubting me. I'll try to post a picture later this evening that may put your suspicions to rest.

defj
12-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Yes, stuck in my laptop that needs repair. Hope you're not doubting me. I'll try to post a picture later this evening that may put your suspicions to rest.

no doubt at all,im better with vehicles then names,lol.so im just trying to find out if ive met u or not

SmokeyDog
12-27-2009, 08:38 PM
I see what Smokey is saying, he wants to know if you can plug up the hole the radio would leave if you had to remove it. The answer to that would be no, because without being in the No Wall or Super Stock classes you can't remove the radio from the dash.

Like Slate said though, if anyone was going to come close to a 155 they'd already know for sure. Also, a 155 doesn't come easy, or cheap. To get to that level chances are you'll already be in the No Wall class where you're allowed to have a radio outside the vehicle. If your in any of the Super Stock classes you can remove the radio from the dash, it'll be up to you if you use that radio for burps, or just buy a better radio and use that one.

This will be something everyone needs to address on their own too, because dB Drags won't allow you inside the vehicle over 140 db, and TNESPL has a150 db limit. So be ready for the 2010 season, because rules will be followed. If anyone hits higher than the limit on their first run, then their score will be capped at that limit. So if you hit a 142 in Drags then your score will say 140.0 and you will have to step outside the vehicle for any additional runs.

ok so if your in no wall doing 49s all year then step up in to 55 with a mircal i am just speakin in genral not happening just a what if this happens. now can the hole where the radio was be pluged some how to repsent the radio being there after it was removered for a burp. then back for daily use

SPL Blazer
12-27-2009, 08:45 PM
If you really wanted to I guess you could, doubt it would make any difference though. You'd be better off just buying a 2nd headunit and running that from your trunk like the other Super Stock guys.

Mr. Slate
12-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Defj, the only time I was in your area was this:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d171/nhk218/12-27-09.jpg

SPL Blazer
12-27-2009, 08:48 PM
You could do what the new dB Drags rules allow for the Super Street guys. Put duct tape over the hole where your radio was, or over your vents.

Mr. Slate
12-27-2009, 08:53 PM
ok so if your in no wall doing 49s all year then step up in to 55 with a mircal i am just speakin in genral not happening just a what if this happens. now can the hole where the radio was be pluged some how to repsent the radio being there after it was removered for a burp. then back for daily use

Smoke, that would be a "true miracle". You could buy a cheap head unit for $60 or $70 bucks or go to a pawn shop and buy a se one.

Mr. Slate
12-27-2009, 08:54 PM
You could do what the new dB Drags rules allow for the Super Street guys. Put duct tape over the hole where your radio was, or over your vents.

Vents.

defj
12-27-2009, 11:29 PM
Defj, the only time I was in your area was this:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d171/nhk218/12-27-09.jpg

i wasnt at that show,so i guess i dont know ya,lol

loudmofo
12-27-2009, 11:42 PM
i remember :) thoses shows

Mr. Slate
12-28-2009, 12:47 AM
i wasnt at that show,so i guess i dont know ya,lol

McVey was there but he was judging.:cool:

defj
12-28-2009, 10:49 AM
not sure what mcvay was doing for a number with the van,i know the guys he bought it from were doing a 162+ with 12k and 2 15's on a termlab sensor.He added different equiptment,and alot more power,but i never saw it in the lanes after that

street b explor
12-28-2009, 11:08 AM
ya that was a fun yr lol.

First up in Ny that show was killer.

Also a 5th place at SBN with a street b set up going against guys like roon with walls was fun out of i think 13 guys that yr. Sbn was a stupid fun time.

CRXBMPN
12-28-2009, 11:17 AM
is this the same white van that McVay brought to finals back in 05?

street b explor
12-28-2009, 12:27 PM
dont know. Every time we went up there he never brought it out and our van was loud. them were the days.

CRXBMPN
12-28-2009, 01:11 PM
i got a favor/question to ask TEEEEEJ... I'll email.

Mr. Slate
12-28-2009, 02:51 PM
not sure what mcvay was doing for a number with the van,i know the guys he bought it from were doing a 162+ with 12k and 2 15's on a termlab sensor.He added different equiptment,and alot more power,but i never saw it in the lanes after that

I wanna say he was somewhere between a 62-64 on the 190?

defj
12-28-2009, 04:12 PM
is this the same white van that McVay brought to finals back in 05?

actually mcvay never had a white van,he had a white mazda truck with a blow threw,and the van was a burnt orange color,i dont know how i missed u guys back then,did u all go to the 1 show i missed,lol.how about syracuse nationals,iasca 3x.did u guys ever do them

loudmofo
12-28-2009, 05:13 PM
actually mcvay never had a white van,he had a white mazda truck with a blow threw,and the van was a burnt orange color,i dont know how i missed u guys back then,did u all go to the 1 show i missed,lol.how about syracuse nationals,iasca 3x.did u guys ever do them

i remember it was white in 04 it was a astro

CRXBMPN
12-28-2009, 05:23 PM
i remember it was white in 04 it was a astro

thx... i think Manny had his Extreme Rabbit there... those TREX guys had this Alien or some sort of stuffed animal too lol, also along with Bob's van and they were trying to get louder ... that was EVIL FUNNNNN

I've never made it to a TNESPL or IASCA show so you probably dont know me defj unless we somehow passed by at the usaci ll cool j show at Nassau Coll...

end of day, have a great one guys! I'm outta here.

CRXBMPN
12-28-2009, 05:27 PM
i'll break out some pix from that show if I can, I know I took a trillion from 04 and 05 and also the long island usac show

street b explor
12-28-2009, 05:57 PM
dont confuse chris averi``s white astro with the blue van that mcvay had averi`s van was a team jbl van with two crowns in the back with a 4th order band pass.

loudmofo
12-28-2009, 05:59 PM
tj is right it was averis that was white with the crowns

street b explor
12-28-2009, 06:15 PM
ya that van that mcvay had never came out when we went up there he always took out a blazer with a 3/4 wall never seen that van run. he called chris out and we went to his old shop for a show and it was there but he never came out with it keeped on saying he was waiting on batterys.

defj
12-28-2009, 07:48 PM
dont confuse chris averi``s white astro with the blue van that mcvay had averi`s van was a team jbl van with two crowns in the back with a 4th order band pass.

actually tj,mcvays van wasnt blue,its burnt orange,here is a pic of it http://teamnortheastspl.aceboard.com/300894-7559-3338-0-Vehicles-sale.htm

street b explor
12-28-2009, 07:58 PM
yes that is one of them. but if i recall right he had two vans one he was doing for drag and the one in the pic.

defj
12-28-2009, 08:32 PM
ill ask him later,i dont remember a blue van,but i could be wrong

Mr. Slate
12-28-2009, 09:17 PM
ya that van that mcvay had never came out when we went up there he always took out a blazer with a 3/4 wall never seen that van run. he called chris out and we went to his old shop for a show and it was there but he never came out with it keeped on saying he was waiting on batterys.

McVay called out an extreme vehicle?:crap:

street b explor
12-28-2009, 11:00 PM
no chris jeep when he had his blazer. Then we had some fun and built the Xtreme astro and brought that up to his shop. for its first time out. it was built for slap/iasca finals. This is when we found out he bought two vans. He also had some guy up there that is know doing The TNESPl with the green rx7 Them guys could not beleve The #s we were doing back then. lol Them were the fun days.

Mr. Slate
12-28-2009, 11:22 PM
Now I remember that RX7. IIRC, it was a trailer queen but wasn't that loud.

street b explor
12-28-2009, 11:25 PM
it looks sweat i bet it could get crazy loud if had more work done and some more power.

Mr. Slate
12-28-2009, 11:30 PM
it looks sweat i bet it could get crazy loud if had more work done and some more power.

Aren't the doors kinda long?

Mr. Slate
12-28-2009, 11:49 PM
actually tj,mcvays van wasnt blue,its burnt orange,here is a pic of it http://teamnortheastspl.aceboard.com/300894-7559-3338-0-Vehicles-sale.htm
Now I don't remember this van. Did he ever have a Caravan?

defj
12-29-2009, 07:10 AM
Now I don't remember this van. Did he ever have a Caravan?

not that i know of,steve smith is the guy with the rx7,as far as i know the highest it did was 158 on the audiocontrol

CRXBMPN
12-29-2009, 09:43 AM
Thx TJ you are right I got them mixed up. Sorry about the confusion guys... that was the year that Alma Gates had her JBL Bronco at Finals :) and the SQ cars for the team were there too... that was freaking awesome.

street b explor
12-29-2009, 10:30 AM
ya i miss them days of team jbl them were the yrs i miss my mom lol there were a few jbl rides at finals mom garry mike chris just to name a few Them were for sure the fun days.

street b explor
12-29-2009, 10:36 AM
not that i know of,steve smith is the guy with the rx7,as far as i know the highest it did was 158 on the audiocontrol

ya thats his name Steve Smith. good guy. but you should have seen his face when we came up there and did a stupid # he was like no way there cheeting lol we let him and a few go threw the van and my explorer just to bring every one up to pace. wow that just seams like yesterday.

Mr. Slate
12-29-2009, 12:31 PM
Remember when Team T Rex knocked out Team JBL?

street b explor
12-29-2009, 01:06 PM
ya he took chris out that was fun weekend i wish chris would come back funny thing is he still has all the stuff including the van but it will need a cage in it know but it would be cool. Remember when he bought them 100 shots.

CRXBMPN
12-29-2009, 01:11 PM
I dont remember much of it, but I do recall getting two of those Kamikaze shots ;) Iirc there was more than just alcohol shots going around that night :eek: :party:

CRXBMPN
12-29-2009, 01:19 PM
Hey USACi NorthEast I see you in here, lets get some shows up in Maine :) I remember when the 420 boys used to run USAC competition into the ground up this way!

street b explor
12-29-2009, 01:35 PM
I dont remember much of it, but I do recall getting two of those Kamikaze shots ;) Iirc there was more than just alcohol shots going around that night :eek: :party:

ya there was lol that was a sweat show i would like to see things get that big again.

Mr. Slate
12-29-2009, 04:25 PM
ya he took chris out that was fun weekend i wish chris would come back funny thing is he still has all the stuff including the van but it will need a cage in it know but it would be cool. Remember when he bought them 100 shots.
No TJ, I'm talking about the time Manny helped the dude from Chicago beat Daiman and I beat Chris. Daiman and Chris were both on Team JBL.
Very nice shirts though.

street b explor
12-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Ya that kid like was gone fast lol wonder what hes doing That is when i came on to the team.

Remember the Day shacket got his blazer from nor *** and took it to dans show and the frame cracked on the ride down from all that cement. lol That show was Ok remember all the cars there that was a good turn out. line down the street cops every where had some cool times back then.

Mr. Slate
12-29-2009, 11:38 PM
That shop will never have another turnout like that.

splmegavan
12-30-2009, 02:28 AM
Cant wait till i got memories of competing and having fun like you guys did bak then, ive only done this for a year but im definatley in this for the long cant wait for tnespl finals going down a day early to chill and party at a local bar, then the next day the competition begins. next year my team plans to hold its first spl & car show with a local shop in north east ct hope to see everyone there supporting us and the sport. so steve to try and get this thread back on the rite track lol.. for no wall the rule now is the top of the head rest rite, just wanna make sure so thats seat straight up my box cant be taller then my head rest rite?

kev28
12-30-2009, 02:54 AM
what about ametuers like me i got two 15 two 5500d bass amps and a crunch 1800 i been too two show one i watch one i comp what class do i fall in

SPL Blazer
12-30-2009, 09:10 AM
what about ametuers like me i got two 15 two 5500d bass amps and a crunch 1800 i been too two show one i watch one i comp what class do i fall in

I guess that depends on what kind of competitions you plan on doing. I don't see you driving up here to New England for an NESPL comp, so your bet would be dB Drags. In drags you'd be looking at possibly doing Street C, thats two 15's and you can use your two bass amps, two batteries and car off.

SPL Blazer
12-30-2009, 09:56 AM
In the next week I should have a new section added to the rules for vans and pick ups. They are rare in the NESPL Stock classes, but we did have several in the Amateur classes in 2009. So just to clarify some things with those types of vehicles I'll be adding some rules on enclosures for those types of vehicles.

street b explor
12-30-2009, 09:58 AM
Cant wait till i got memories of competing and having fun like you guys did bak then, ive only done this for a year but im definatley in this for the long cant wait for tnespl finals going down a day early to chill and party at a local bar, then the next day the competition begins. next year my team plans to hold its first spl & car show with a local shop in north east ct hope to see everyone there supporting us and the sport. so steve to try and get this thread back on the rite track lol.. for no wall the rule now is the top of the head rest rite, just wanna make sure so thats seat straight up my box cant be taller then my head rest rite?

once all this bs stops and shows get going and things start getting big again you will have a **** load of fun.

CRXBMPN
12-30-2009, 12:12 PM
once all this bs stops and shows get going and things start getting big again you will have a **** load of fun.

agreed!

Mr. Slate
12-30-2009, 12:14 PM
Yes we did kinda go "off topic" a bit, lol.

loudsw2
12-30-2009, 04:16 PM
lol only like 15 pages ago, thats all

CRXBMPN
12-30-2009, 05:07 PM
LoL apparently our ability to discern the obvious is lacking... :laugh:

SPL Blazer
12-30-2009, 05:18 PM
Yes we did kinda go "off topic" a bit, lol. That was a reason for the "Got Beef" thread, and the New England Comps" thread, just to try and keep this one on topic and keep all the other competitor chit in those threads.

street b explor
12-30-2009, 08:23 PM
x2

Mr. Slate
12-30-2009, 11:22 PM
x2

What do you mean "x2" we both drove way off course, lol.:D

loudaccent
12-30-2009, 11:35 PM
maaddd pages lol

street b explor
12-31-2009, 07:45 AM
What do you mean "x2" we both drove way off course, lol.:D

lol ya ya ya ok Sorry Steve lol

SmokeyDog
01-01-2010, 01:10 AM
hahahaha first one to post on this rules/off topic thread this year

SPL Blazer
01-01-2010, 11:28 AM
lol

SPL Blazer
01-01-2010, 04:48 PM
We picked up a couple new url's today, www.NESPL.org (http://www.NESPL.org) and www.NorthEastSPL.com (http://www.NorthEastSPL.com) are ours now, they will link you right to our main site.

NESPL Cat
01-14-2010, 11:00 AM
I know we said the rules were final, but we have made one minor change to the rules in Slammin Bass. Since the Slammin 3 class has no limit on the number of batteries we have decided to also remove the 15 volt limit. We haven't seen anyone come through the lanes in Slammin using 16+ volts without a wall, but on the off chance someone does they will be placed in the Slammin 3 class, providing their surface area doesn't force them into the Slammin 4 class.

Also, in the next couple weeks we'll be on FaceBook too, we'll have the link on the main page when it's all set up.

CRXBMPN
01-14-2010, 11:31 AM
thx for the update :)

SICK GV
01-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Sweet! Ill run Slammin Bass 3 to see what I can do. Im sure Ill be wired for 8 ohms when I do it though.

SPL Blazer
01-17-2010, 12:01 PM
I was talking to a couple local competitors, and a couple of guys from other parts of the country too and I'm now wondering if we should have a power limit in the Stock classes. Something like 5000 watts. I know TNESPL has this as a rule in their WooferCooker classes, so I'm not sure if I want to do it....don't wanna make it seem like I'm copying their classes. But on the other hand, having a power limit will help keep competitors costs down when it comes to buying amps and batteries and make it more competitive. There are guys in the USA doing numbers in the low 150's with under 1000 watts on a pair of 12's. I'm doing 149's with a pair of 10's and less than 2500 watts. Competitors need to learn more about getting loud with less, than trying to buy massive amounts of power and/or batteries to compensate for their lack of db's. Anyone have an opinion on this? If I do this I want to have it in place by the end of this month, so people have plenty of notice before the season actually starts up.

SICK GV
01-17-2010, 12:35 PM
Its not a bad idea. But come to think of it I havent seen many guys go into the stock classes with anything bigger then a 5k. I'm pretty sure just me and Dave L. had monster amps and they are only 5k's. When T.J. used his 8k he went into SS N/W so I dont see much changing if you enforce this rule unless you know of guys coming to compete with more. If a competitor finds a way of craming lots of power and stays within the rules I dont see why they would have to change classes. It wouldn't be fair to put them against N/W guys who dont have to worry about equipment placement and have 3x the power and batt bank.

spltuscon
01-17-2010, 07:27 PM
I know of a few (probably 3-4) that plan on it and would no longer qualify for stock classes even though they are newbies. TNESPL has a Pro Stock division that you can move to if you have over 5 k and an otherwise "stock" system where as NESPL doesn't...something to consider, because then anyone with over 5k would have to be in SSNW.
Personally I kinda like the idea, since I'm a fan of rules that keep costs down for competitors. You definitely don't need over 5k just to do a decent number.

SPL Blazer
01-18-2010, 02:08 AM
You have a valid point Dave. Since the season hasn't started yet I have no idea what people are buying for power, but at the same time I don't want to cater the classes for the benefit of a few people either. It seems to me that the only reason you need more than 5K in a Stock class is because you haven't got what it takes to get loud, so you buy more power to try and compensate for this. It will **** for guys when they dump big money on high wattage amps and then have their *** handed to them by someone with half the power, but this is also the nature of competition. I just don't want to see competitors lose because they can't afford the 10,000 watt amp or the 16,000 watt amp and the next guy can.

splbenz
01-18-2010, 10:23 AM
i know some have planned their systems around the no limit on power and have ben tring to get loud ie new box /subs/ amp/batts/ and have done all wire upgrades big three mulitiply runs and deading not to mention testing so it could go either way i dont think its in the cards to effect me this year but u never know how the spring will be but w that much power people should be able to compete in ss no prob so there my non descive input on this matter lol sorry for the help

SPL Blazer
01-18-2010, 01:22 PM
We were talking it over this morning and here's what we're thinking. Since there might be a couple people that have already bought their power for the Stock classes and it might be more than 5K, we'll add a power limit of 10K to the Stock classes. We'll see how the 2010 season works out with this. And depending on how many people we have in each of the classes we may make some changes for 2011. If we don't get a decent number of competitors in Am3 or SS3 then we'll look into eliminating those classes, I hear that SS2 is going to be a big class this season so we'll see what happens. A 10K limit is more than enough for the Stock classes and will be a starting point, if there are only a hand full with more than 5K by the end of the season then you can pretty much count on a 5K limit for 2011, but we'll wait til then. I think in 2009 there as only 2 people with 5K, both of them are jumping up to No Wall in 2010.

Guys with more than 5K for this season will have to compete in the pro classes when we run the TNESPL shows this season, hope they remembered this. I believe thats 5K clamped too, not just rated power.

loudmofo
01-18-2010, 06:45 PM
sound be a fun season

thorshammer1
01-18-2010, 07:15 PM
We were talking it over this morning and here's what we're thinking. Since there might be a couple people that have already bought their power for the Stock classes and it might be more than 5K, we'll add a power limit of 10K to the Stock classes. We'll see how the 2010 season works out with this. And depending on how many people we have in each of the classes we may make some changes for 2011. If we don't get a decent number of competitors in Am3 or SS3 then we'll look into eliminating those classes, I hear that SS2 is going to be a big class this season so we'll see what happens. A 10K limit is more than enough for the Stock classes and will be a starting point, if there are only a hand full with more than 5K by the end of the season then you can pretty much count on a 5K limit for 2011, but we'll wait til then. I think in 2009 there as only 2 people with 5K, both of them are jumping up to No Wall in 2010.

Guys with more than 5K for this season will have to compete in the pro classes when we run the TNESPL shows this season, hope they remembered this. I believe thats 5K clamped too, not just rated power.

We stick strictly with the manafacturs rated power. I.E. Atomic 5k, AB 500.1 etc...;)

SPL Blazer
01-18-2010, 11:24 PM
We stick strictly with the manafacturs rated power. I.E. Atomic 5k, AB 500.1 etc...;)

That sounds good for the 1X shows, but I'm surprised that it's not clamped at multipoint shows.

NESPL Cat
01-23-2010, 05:36 PM
I got the NESPL FaceBook page set up today, check it out if your on there.

NESPL FaceBook Page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-England-SPL/269564496559)

SPL Blazer
02-18-2010, 09:52 AM
I just wanted to add something for the upcoming season. I will be changing up the registration forms for the 2010 season, on the forms will be a line for the make and model of each competitors subs and amp they are running. I will be making every attempt to inspect and verify that everyone is in the correct class when they register and also when they compete. At certain events a picture will also be taken of each competitors system. If for any reason someone is caught swapping out their subs or amp to anyone for any reason they will be DQ'd from the event without any refund, with the possibility of a suspension from additional shows. I've been made aware that this was an issue with a few people during the 2009 season, and there was a rule forbidding this. The ONLY exception I will make is that a competitor blows a sub or an amp and replaces it with a spare, and ONLY with a spare. Using an Identical sub or amp from a team mate or friend will NOT be allowed unless it is also their Spare. Competitors must have a complete system at all times. Using the identical gear from a team mate will not be allowed. If anyone see's this type of cheating going on you asked to pull one of us aside during the show and say something. Your name will not be mentioned and the person in question WILL have their vehicle inspected and any appropriate action will be taken. This goes for everyone, regardless of who you are. I will not pull favors for anyone that is caught cheating. I will be out in the crowds a lot more this season, so I will be watching.

CRXBMPN
02-18-2010, 10:14 AM
go get em :)

SICK GV
02-18-2010, 02:11 PM
I like some of it and hate some of it. Some of us dont want to share with others what we're using. If we are cool with inspections before going into the lanes and doing another inspection while in the lanes do we still need to have pics taken? Also are the forms for registration open to the public or just you?

CRXBMPN
02-18-2010, 02:42 PM
You are one of those who is scared to show a little skin huh? Too bad... I could care less, take pix of what, a box and some subs and amps? Meh... stop being so ****!

SPL Blazer
02-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Registration forms are for NESPL, not for other competitors viewing. If any pics are taken, it will be during a pre-inspection, not in the lanes, there's no time for that when you reach that point, this will be only at random events, not at every one of them. My plan for registrations this season will be to have each competitor fill out their form, when they are set then a judge will do a visual inspection of their gear and vehicle to determine their class, mostly for Amateurs, after the inspection is set the judge will keep the form and bring it to the booth where your name and class will be loaded into TermLab. Once your info is loaded your all set to compete. I don't plan on doing inspections of systems after someone competes, unless they have had some type of malfunction or blown a sub or woofer and then come back for another run. If someone questions a competitors system after they have made their runs I will do a visual inspection, but I may decide to charge a small fee just like the other orgs, more of a way to keep jealous people from complaining about a system when there are no grounds for it. Keep in mind that this is for NESPL events, at TNESPL and dB Drag events we go by their rules and not our own.

SICK GV
02-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Thats cool. I took it differently the first time I read it. And being scared has nothing to do with it. I'm just making sure I can sandbag most of the season :)

spltuscon
02-18-2010, 05:20 PM
Team Sandbaggers :p:

spltuscon
02-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Hey Chris I think I'll build a new box tuned at 30hz and see how much more ***** I can knock ACT's walls next time...lol

SICK GV
02-18-2010, 07:16 PM
Team Sandbaggers sounds awesome lol. The next time I need to clean off ALL of my shelves Ill call you over to bump again. Man I cant believe how loud you can make 1 sub get. Even with your amp clipping your numbers are impressive. Thanks again for the box for our customer. Ill let you know what he thinks about it after we install it tomorrow.

boom24
02-18-2010, 08:57 PM
so what did it do for numbers???

SICK GV
02-18-2010, 10:47 PM
125db.....So that means we are tied. Come to think of it Kaspar you hit a 125db as well. Ok my final answer is we all hit a 125 db. We need our 125 club stickers now.

boom24
02-19-2010, 05:07 PM
125db.....So that means we are tied. Come to think of it Kaspar you hit a 125db as well. Ok my final answer is we all hit a 125 db. We need our 125 club stickers now.

well thanks for the extra but we cant lie anymore cris we all know my jeep did a 124.8 with 4 15s and ur crx did a 124.9 on 3 10 so realisticly we cant be in the club yet and i thought dave did a 125.6???