PDA

View Full Version : Seth and his Legacy GT

Seth1784
12-04-2009, 12:53 PM
well i've been lurking here for a few months now figured what the hell. also going to sell off some stuff i've got lying around i don't have use for anymore.

2007 Subaru Legacy GT Limited
Satin White Pearl (first 07 swp sold in the midwest actually)
5 Speed Auto

Performance mods:
Cobb Accessport Version 2: Stage 2 (turbo back) Reflash (~16.5psi)
Cobb high flow catted downpipe
HKS Silent Hipower catback exhaust
Stock airbox silencer delete
Turbo Smart 50/50% blow off valve
2005 model restrictor pill
B&M Transmission cooler
Suspension mods:
KW Varient 2 coilovers (half finger gap up front, none in rear) 18 way adjustable
Advan Racing TCII 18x7.5" Gold w/ centers
Falken FK452's 225/40/18
Hawk HPS Brake pads
Goodridge SS Brake lines
ATE Blue brake fluid
Audio:
Audison BitOne Processor
Kenwood LCD 7" tv in stock navi location (w/ modded navi bezel)
Boston Accoustics Pro 6.5" components (front)
Boston S Type coaxials 6.5" (rear)
Image Dynamics IDMAX d4 12" (sub duh)
Diamond Audio D6 600.4 (highs, 4 ohm, ~75 x 4)
Diamond Audio D6 1500.1 (sub, 2 ohm, ~850 x 1)
Wire is JL 2 gauge currently w/ JL Blue rca's and some Monster speaker wire
Front battery is a dual post Yellow top, rear is a Batcap 800,
Enclosure was done by a local dude who did **** good work. told him what i wanted and he made it happen in just over a week (has a full time job and does this on the side). i installed the equipment with the help of a couple friends here and there.

plans... well im going to try to glass up something on my own here in the near future. i've got the patience for it i believe. i almost made my own enclosure with my last car but ended up getting too frustrated since i didnt know enough. so after some reading i think im ready to try again. equipment will take one of two turns... either a 3 audison lrx set up (last year models) and two id max's; or my other option is an audison 5.1k and the idmax again (maybe two). im torn on what to do so im not totally sure. battery in the rear will change i have a 1500 amp stinger secondary dual post sitting on my floor at home that's preped to go.

on with the pics!
my car:
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/Seth1784/My%20Car%20Pictures/IMG_1177s.jpg

dash:
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/Seth1784/My%20Car%20Pictures/IMG_1905.jpg

enclosure rear:
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/Seth1784/My%20Car%20Pictures/IMG_1908.jpg

trunk:
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/Seth1784/My%20Car%20Pictures/dsc0065xt3.jpg

and at night:
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/Seth1784/My%20Car%20Pictures/dsc0094ta5.jpg

now i've started my next build more or less, pulled out everything and i've got the audison lrx 250.2 on my components right now. i'll start to strip the inside of the car out for some more deaden throughout the entire car and go from there.

lew-e
12-04-2009, 12:59 PM
that is one sharp *** car and **** clean set up!

Seth1784
12-04-2009, 01:10 PM
thank ya sir, trying to figure out what exactly i wanna do next. will most likely be real simple straight forward, flat black or a grey color, with some more white light like last time so i can see stuff in the trunk when i open it ahhahaha.

bsean63
12-04-2009, 01:12 PM
nice

TMali
12-04-2009, 01:19 PM
when i saw the pictures i felt something happen in my pants... and now i looked in and found out i jizzed myself

Seth1784
12-04-2009, 01:33 PM
hahahhahah thanks guys, really appreciated the compliments.

i'm really trying to figure out how i wanna lay out the new enclosure and such... having a hell of a time with it. need to lay out 3 audison amps, my audison processor (tired of it under a seat when i need to connect to it), then 2 12"s now... any ideas?

Millertime1028
12-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Very Clean, what accent light are you using in the trunk?

jeeper07
12-04-2009, 01:44 PM
pechkin is gonna hate you... search projectpechkin (i think thats his name) hes got a rebuild going on a black one he picked up wrecked.... very nice car and nice mod list as well.

Seth1784
12-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Very Clean, what accent light are you using in the trunk?

actually a combo of a single stick of neon and two leds. the neon sits on the side of the upper cover (hides the added space that the box doesn't cover up) then the two leds are in holes and mounted about smack in the middle of the cover. the image i've got one is in the far hole, the first closer hole was the first try but he had to have it pretty much all the way out to shine down on the amp enough so he just made a hole farther off. the whole cover has reflective tape up and down the top and side to push as much light around as he could.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/Seth1784/My%20Car%20Pictures/dsc0153pp5.jpg

if you want a better image let me know, i pulled the enclosure last weekend to start the other build as well as i had to hunt down an electrical gremlin.

jeeper07
12-04-2009, 01:45 PM
oh also do you have a pic of it on the road/ somn besides grass? i wanna see its stance a lil better.

Seth1784
12-04-2009, 01:45 PM
pechkin is gonna hate you... search projectpechkin (i think thats his name) hes got a rebuild going on a black one he picked up wrecked.... very nice car and nice mod list as well.

uh oh lol! i'll have to do that... hope the car wasn't too bad off :(

duece212
12-04-2009, 01:48 PM
great lookin car and install!

Seth1784
12-04-2009, 01:52 PM
oh also do you have a pic of it on the road/ somn besides grass? i wanna see its stance a lil better.

hahahhah sure thing... i kinda dabble in photos soooo here goes. i need to pull the coils and clean them out (i've got a TON of dirt stuck up in them to where i can't adjust them right now from living on a dirt road with my family before i bought my house). i've got about half a finger gap all around when i've got my advan's on when i throw the stockies back on for winter it comes to more around a whole finger.

rollers:
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/Seth1784/My%20Car%20Pictures/DSC_0036m.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/Seth1784/My%20Car%20Pictures/DSC_0029m.jpg

this was about right after the coils went on they settled a bit more after a while though... had a friend drive this while i shot the photos (same with the other rolles) slight body roll not too bad when it's on soft as it'll go.
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/Seth1784/My%20Car%20Pictures/DSC_0003m.jpg

then another of my favorite for just stance look:
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/Seth1784/My%20Car%20Pictures/DSC_0182m.jpg

jeeper07
12-04-2009, 02:10 PM
that last picture is fantastic.. perfect stance, you ever think of darkening those tails a little? i think that would look great... since your into photography know ne one wanting to buy a nikon d60? hehe

Seth1784
12-04-2009, 02:17 PM
lol i prolly would want it if i wasn't broke as a joke man. i just finished a remodel job on my house i bought about a year ago... i've been paying out the butt and it's no fun. property taxes coupled with christmas shopping for my family is making my wallet pretty barren. i'm looking to buy a gun here in a month or two just so i can protect myself being on my own so funds are seriously tight lol! only reason i'm starting a new build is just because i've had it all sitting on my floor about a year.

IF i sell a good deal of my audio i'll consider it though ahhahah! right now i always swipe my dad's d70s since he never uses it lol.

thanks for the heads up on the other legacy owner, i'm thumbing through his ungod undertaking right now.

oh too.. on the tails, yea i've really thought about it... i watch some legacygt that tinted them... i dunno i'm torn on them some i like some i dont. i've thought of putting some darker red vinal/tint over it like i did with my old rsx to cover up the amber signal but i dunno how that'd look either.

jeeper07
12-04-2009, 04:11 PM
yea i wish i had pictures of some of the tails i did. They were SLIGHTLY darkend but it almost looked as tho theyw ere just candied. hard to explain and i didnt get a picture but i feel like the tails need a little something.

S.B.C.
12-04-2009, 04:16 PM
wall it

thnx

Buck
12-04-2009, 04:18 PM
wall it

thnx

x2

Really clean setup though. I really like the car, especially it's stance.

Seth1784
12-04-2009, 06:56 PM
yea i wish i had pictures of some of the tails i did. They were SLIGHTLY darkend but it almost looked as tho theyw ere just candied. hard to explain and i didnt get a picture but i feel like the tails need a little something.

hmmm sounds interesting, i know a guy in oklahoma that goes and actually paints the "tint" on there. more or less ends up smoking the lenses. it looks neat but i dunno i like the red in the rears for some reason lol. that just sounds wrong...

wall it

thnx

as in just throw down a wall in my trunk? lol i need to have some kind of character. i've thought about doing something more like i've got but i dunno.

x2

Really clean setup though. I really like the car, especially it's stance.

thank you, much appreciated.

jeeper07
12-04-2009, 07:03 PM
hmmm sounds interesting, i know a guy in oklahoma that goes and actually paints the "tint" on there. more or less ends up smoking the lenses. it looks neat but i dunno i like the red in the rears for some reason lol. that just sounds wrong...

Thats exactly what i was talking about needed done haha. You could always have it "smoked" like you said and still easily see the red in it. I will stop pressuring you now haha, i just think itd really make the rear end great. After all who doesn't like a good booty.

Seth1784
12-08-2009, 04:00 PM
bah online folks don't pressure me lol hell even in life folks don't. always gotta do what you feel is what you want. i dunno when i see smoked they only look alright on really dark colors. i'd prolly want something just more solid red then anything... but hell i don't see that happening either.

GAM3OVR
12-08-2009, 04:45 PM
looks nasty, props! you must pm me pix of how you got that screen in stock navi compartment

GAM3OVR
12-08-2009, 04:46 PM
oh and ps, are you going to do the yellow delete in the headlights? I plan on doing it one of these days

Seth1784
12-08-2009, 04:54 PM
nah i like the amber part in there lol. i pulled mine apart to black them out since mine were full chrome from the factory on the 07's, only had one reseal issue alone the way. the screen deal i'd be happy to post a shot of it up here when i get home tonight (will be pretty late though, going to a concert tonight with the folks). i'm prolly going to sell it too. are you planning on doing the jdm hvac control swap? i've got what i need for it sitting in my closet right now just waiting for me to not be broke to afford a headunit.

GAM3OVR
12-08-2009, 04:56 PM
nah i like the amber part in there lol. i pulled mine apart to black them out since mine were full chrome from the factory on the 07's, only had one reseal issue alone the way. the screen deal i'd be happy to post a shot of it up here when i get home tonight (will be pretty late though, going to a concert tonight with the folks). i'm prolly going to sell it too. are you planning on doing the jdm hvac control swap? i've got what i need for it sitting in my closet right now just waiting for me to not be broke to afford a headunit.

nah I like my automated climate control and would like to keep the inside as factory as possible

Seth1784
12-08-2009, 05:00 PM
nah I like my automated climate control and would like to keep the inside as factory as possible

it stays the same... you just swap to a headunit/air control deal that has seperate control boards instead of the one merged into one. still dual zone auto climate control, still all the same buttons, just has a double din slot instead of the factory 6 disk.

let me get a few links to you...
legacygt.com's thread about the guy who figured it out and what to do.
http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113589

what to buy:
http://www.avojdm.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_54_60&products_id=123&osCsid=414b36ee30b5e4f2735e5f01d0bc7e63

i've got it sitting in my closet like i pm'd you. it's a option to like what you did (which avo offers a single din slot deal like you kinda made yourself). granted i'll always be running a processor like i am now even when i swap headunits, makes a hell of a difference.

GAM3OVR
12-08-2009, 05:05 PM
haha took em only 5 years.

so you have this kit?

care for any audio equipment :p:

subaru parts?

hehe

Seth1784
12-08-2009, 05:17 PM
yea i've got the hvac kit sitting at my house, been there for about uh 2 months now? lol i'm just too broke to afford the actual double din headunit i want (upper end of kenwood excelon's line)...

do i need equipment? lol hell no i've got 11 amps at my place (have two sold i think, someone looking at one other) i came here to try to sell a couple things i don't need honestly. got a spare 12 or 2 right now too...

as for subaru parts lol nah i'm good there... only things i've been even considering are the spec b jdm front end with the jdm sti lip. i'd like a better intercooler, looking at the hybrid turbo's that bryan at bnr is making, and some fuel upgrades lol.

GAM3OVR
12-08-2009, 05:18 PM
yea i've got the hvac kit sitting at my house, been there for about uh 2 months now? lol i'm just too broke to afford the actual double din headunit i want (upper end of kenwood excelon's line)...

do i need equipment? lol hell no i've got 11 amps at my place (have two sold i think, someone looking at one other) i came here to try to sell a couple things i don't need honestly. got a spare 12 or 2 right now too...

as for subaru parts lol nah i'm good there... only things i've been even considering are the spec b jdm front end with the jdm sti lip. i'd like a better intercooler, looking at the hybrid turbo's that bryan at bnr is making, and some fuel upgrades lol.

shoot me up a txt so we can chat about you sending that hvac kit to me lol

Seth1784
12-08-2009, 05:21 PM
lol! it'll never happen man... neeeeeevaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. i already took my navi/tv outta my car so i can sell it... pulled all my equipment to start another build. it's going in my car even have the wire harness you can get from another lgt member to make install a hell of a lot easier lol. i showed you were to buy it, buying from avo jdm is real smooth i think i put in my order, approved it from my bank about a day or two later, then i had the thing in about two weeks. was really quite impressed coming from japan how quick it got here.

GAM3OVR
12-08-2009, 05:24 PM
you're about to witness an almost grown man cry

come on meanie! haha

sue bee
12-08-2009, 05:29 PM
you're about to witness an almost grown man cry

come on meanie! haha

You ain't ****, never will be. SASS-EYE SUKA!

Seth1784
12-08-2009, 05:30 PM
lol the hell ever if i sold mine i'd sell it for about triple what i paid for it. so i can buy another one from avo (since a wait doesn't bother me) then well some other crap i need.

just order it from avo, then lets see read through that thread for SVXdc he makes some sweet wire harnesses that'll make the install quick and painless. his older site that you could order on is down looks like so you'll just have to pm him or something to ask him where to order from. i had that thing in less then a week from ordering.

Seth1784
12-09-2009, 10:55 AM
i'll take a photo of the navi tv here later after work today. ended up not getting home till pretty late and just crashed after.

Seth1784
12-14-2009, 12:13 AM
ok well here's the images of the dash tv, just click on the link it'll take you to an album of all of them.

http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/Seth1784/Audio%20Emporium/Dash%20TV/

lucas569
12-14-2009, 05:52 AM
sweet car!

Seth1784
12-14-2009, 11:21 AM
thank ya sir

Seth1784
04-06-2010, 04:52 PM
figured what the hell since i'm bored here... little car update... i've torn out my enclosure and my navi tv thing, also everything else in my car has been pulled. 0 gauge is now ran in place of the 2 gauge and i've been fumbling around with ideas on everything else i want to do.

first off i'm having a hell of a time picking out a double din navi unit that i like, i think i'm going to end up picking out a kenwood excelon dnx9960 unless something else i find really makes me change my mind. although i can get my hands on a old eclipse 5495 that's still new in box (one with the hard drive) which i had the cd/dvd combo unit way back when it first came out and loved it so the thought is there. not sure on cost of the 5495 though... so that might be the iffy thing.

second i'm trying to figure out a component set to step up to from the boston pro series components... i liked them well enough but they weren't as good as i'd like. i think my home stuff sounds better, which i'm running definitive technologies goodies and i'd like something that was on par with them. i've got a good source for some focal goodies i can snag at a pretty good price but i just don't know if that's what i want. audison is supposedly coming out with a voice line which i want some info on so i know if i should wait on those or not... but no idea yet. too i dunno if i wanna go with a 3 way or a 2 way... never ran a 3 so the thought kind of makes me pleased, but where to put the mid... i'd wanna cut into my door i'm sure.

finally i need to buy another idmax but i'm curious if they have changed designs since i see a couple different options on places like woofersetc and the like. i have figured out what i want to do amp wise, i'm selling off about 6 or 7 amps i own to help fund this project so it's not just coming out of the bank from work lol. i've got 3 older model audison lrx's that i'll be using which i'm looking forward to. i think i'm going to stack them in this shape leaning up and sinking about half way into the tire well with one 12 on either side of the amps... then in front hidden i'll put the stinger battery.
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/Seth1784/Audio%20Emporium/IMG_3755.jpg

top down...
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/Seth1784/Audio%20Emporium/IMG_3764.jpg

thoughts? opinions anything would be helpful. i don't really have any background with fiberglassing but i've been doing a crap ton of reading in the last few years on it and i'm on the fiberglassing forum reading and such every now and again... but pointers would be great as well.

lucas569
04-06-2010, 11:01 PM
this is my plan but w/ 2 audison lrx 4.30 and one audison vrx 1.5 in the center.

thericanballer
04-07-2010, 12:46 AM
when i saw the pictures i felt something happen in my pants... and now i looked in and found out i jizzed myself

YouTube - The Lonely Island - Jizz In My Pants (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY)

Seth1784
04-07-2010, 12:47 AM
you still want the wall look huh? i'm just not sold on it lol sure it's great for having some space left but i more or less had that design with an angle lol i kind of want to do something a bit different... hell too i'm using the spare space anyways... hmmmm

any thoughts on 2 way vs. 3 way and all the other stuff?

hahhaha too love that vid.

thericanballer
04-07-2010, 12:47 AM
that is a very nice automobile you got there

lucas569
04-07-2010, 01:47 AM
im doing the wall except with a small twist, the audison vrx 1.5 is going on the floor under plexi.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k184/arab_love/CIMG0660.jpg

im going with 2 way myself, 3 way can really much **** up imo. plus our cars arent that great for space.

i did have a 3 way plan at one point, i wanted to put the dayton mids in the kicks.

like the pic below

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/attachments/klippel-reviews-driver-specs/538d1152476223-dayton-reference-rs52-dome-mid-07-09-06_1311.jpg

Seth1784
04-07-2010, 06:57 PM
rican... thank you sir

lucas... ah i hate you so much lol i wanted the vr's sooooo bad man! i've seen a handful up for sale but most are mono blocks. rare to see a chrome shadow though props for snaggin that up! i'm kind of thinking the same on the 3 way thing... if i did it i've thought about half way up the door panel cutting and putting it in the panel itself. i'm not a fan of kick panels, i know i'd end up kicking the crap out of the thing lol!

too ok so thoughts... a avn 5495 brand new in box... i can get for 800 straight up. should i? only problem would be older navi would have to see about finding a updated disk (push to the hard drive i believe or the memory stick version of that) and warranty is non existent since eclipse pulled outta the states.

lucas569
04-08-2010, 04:29 AM
not a huge eclipse fan but its your $$$.

have you seen the jdm double din bezel for our cars?

Seth1784
04-08-2010, 05:04 PM
yup i have and i own one along with svx's harness to make install a hell of a lot easier... it's been sitting in my closet going on like 5 or so months now. i've been waiting around trying to figure out what the crap i wanna do with my car audio. i just got told to look at the kenwood dnx9140 and i think it's going to take the cake. sonic electronix sells them for 1300 i think for 500 more it might be the money shot. added stuff will be usb in, newer navi, warranty, on and on and on. i've got a call into a friend who can get some stuff for me he's going to check see if he can get one for me or not... i've got one other local source i'll try as well but we'll see what pans out.

i bought the jdm thing and the harness though no more then when that thread popped up. i wanted to make **** well sure that i ended up having both things before either a) avojdm didn't carry the thing anymore, b) subaru stopped selling them, c) just no stock on things at all and no idea when they'd pop back up. from what i understand svx has been backordered on harnesses for a good month or two now too so it's kind of a good thing i bought when i did i guess.