PDA

View Full Version : have you tried isobaric or bandpass??

sexy
12-03-2009, 09:30 PM
I have some subs to play around with and I have next week off from work I just want to try something different for fun with these and then maybe give them away at xmas. I have never done isobaric or fourth order band pass I can use winisd to formulate and simulate but I was thinking I would like to see what you all would do with the different subs there are three soundstream slp 10s dual 2ohm, two powerbass 12s that are kind of lower end units but ok one new fosgate p2 10 one mtx 10 the fosgate sound like poo in the recommended sealed box. The soundstreams have some real good qualities and I can list the parameters of most but without doing all that what looks interesting? Have you ever done fourth order or dual isobaric?

mmouse57
12-03-2009, 09:44 PM
yeah ive done 4th and 6th oder bandpass and isobandpass to in 6th and 4th order

sexy
12-03-2009, 09:58 PM
thats cool since i have some subs to play with i am going to try some easy ones and try not to shred the subs so i can give them away these kinds of builds are a little confusing in winisd though.

IamDeMan
12-05-2009, 08:45 AM
Isobaric is usually unnecessary for todays woofers. Used to use it a lot back in the day as a way to reduce the amount of volume needed by an enclosure.

supermaxx123
12-05-2009, 10:00 PM
try a tapped horn, would be a big xmas present :)