PDA

View Full Version : bandpass builders



rusty_armadillo
12-02-2009, 02:15 AM
Would any of you geniuses be willing to design me a 4th order for 1 12 audiopulse axis? I haven't the slightest idea on how to calculate one of these. I want to try a 4th order tuned to 32hz firing through the ski hole in my grand prix. I'd like to get a design for free but if its difficult and time consuming name your price.

dappa5
12-02-2009, 02:21 AM
ok in a day or so when this thread has no responses hit up 80 inches or imaMP3pimp
either will do a good design for a reasonable price

rusty_armadillo
12-02-2009, 02:29 AM
Lol thanks for the input. I'm bored driving to florida so I thought I'd throw it out there before I went the direct route to get any and all opinions.

dappa5
12-02-2009, 02:30 AM
well just drive to me and i'll fix you up lol

rusty_armadillo
12-02-2009, 02:35 AM
I'm with my buddy in his truck or I'd grab some wood, come over and we could do work.

PV Audio
12-02-2009, 02:36 AM
I PMed you back.

And please don't put that speaker in a bandpass, it would make me cry :crap: :(

dappa5
12-02-2009, 02:37 AM
what ever when ever i'll build it and you can take it back w/you lol

PV Audio
12-02-2009, 02:38 AM
And yes, you are actually going to want to pay for a bandpass design. It takes a certain knowledge to know how to make one work well, and that knowledge is worth every cent. BP enclosures are either excellent, or absolutely horseshit. There really isn't a middle ground, and 95% fall into the latter category. The guys I PMed you will be in the other 5%. ;)

dappa5
12-02-2009, 02:46 AM
i build a mean band pass but they are not for every sub
they will make an average sub sound excelent howevr that does not allways translate when a high quality sub is used /it gets to a point where you actually do more harm and lose output
plus bp's make certain problems harder to identify /like distorting or unloading/
moral of this story .pay for a good design and have a quality builder build it