PDA

View Full Version : which determins imaging more; tweeter or woofer?

Bassically85
11-29-2009, 03:54 PM
In a comp set, whick defines imaging more; the tweeter or the woofer?

Haunz
11-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Tweeter

NoCoSPL
11-29-2009, 03:56 PM
Tweet Tweet Tweet

Bassically85
11-29-2009, 04:05 PM
What are some comps that have good imaging?

NoCoSPL
11-29-2009, 04:09 PM
If you dont want to waste the money and buy the stuff right the first time Image dynamics is a very nice set of components

Horsemanwill
11-29-2009, 04:15 PM
In a comp set, whick defines imaging more; the tweeter or the woofer?

it's a combination of both. its how you aim the speakers that gives you imaging not just a certain speaker.

fasfocus00
11-29-2009, 04:18 PM
it's a combination of both. its how you aim the speakers that gives you imaging not just a certain speaker.

this is true but the tweeter has more of an impact on imaging as the lower the frequency gets the less directional it becomes. higher frequencies are very direction dependant.

Bassically85
11-29-2009, 04:22 PM
Which set of Image Dynamics?
And as far as my situation is concerend the speakers would be going into the factory speaker location. I've looked into pods but they're expesive... shops around here want $400 and up for a set.. and that's just basic kick panel pods..

Bassically85
11-29-2009, 04:23 PM
Which set of Image Dynamics?
And as far as my situation is concerend the speakers would be going into the factory speaker location. I've looked into pods but they're expesive... shops around here want $400 and up for a set.. and that's just basic kick panel pods..

Horsemanwill
11-29-2009, 04:25 PM
any of the ID speakers are a great choice. what type of vehicle is this?

Bassically85
11-29-2009, 04:29 PM
Its for a 2008 dodge avenger......

DEdwards
11-29-2009, 06:04 PM
When you say "imagining" do you mean vocal imagining(which is more midrange/midbass dependant) or just overall staging(which is effected by both)?

As for choices for drivers...It is more dependant on locations and what kind of prep work is put in place more than the driver themselves.

Horsemanwill
11-29-2009, 06:09 PM
ya wat dave said

Bassically85
11-29-2009, 07:02 PM
When you say "imagining" do you mean vocal imagining(which is more midrange/midbass dependant) or just overall staging(which is effected by both)?

As for choices for drivers...It is more dependant on locations and what kind of prep work is put in place more than the driver themselves.

I mean overall Staging. And the comps would be going into where the factory speakers went.

DEdwards
11-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Then is comes down to crossover points/slopes and type of options your processor has.

Brokein
11-29-2009, 09:32 PM
this is true but the tweeter has more of an impact on imaging as the lower the frequency gets the less directional it becomes. higher frequencies are very direction dependant.

true true... sooooo Tweeter. :)

eharri3
12-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Neither works in a vaccum, it starts in how they are positioned and aimed in relation to one another and how the system is tuned. Most factory tweeter mounting locations have more to do with where the interior design allows space than what is best for imaging. Depending on things like on/off axis response, some higher quality drivers will play better in crappy factory mounting locations than factory speakers did but really if you will be doing this you'll need to pay attention to phasing, time alignment, and the EQ bands in the 8-12K range.

With factory setups it's usually woofers in normal door locations and tweeters in sails or tweets in dash because those are the most convenient areas. Alot of times I think they try dash locations to incorporate a sort of mechanical time alignment into the mix but then the poor control of windshield reflection becomes an issue. Some of the best factory setups I've ever heard actually involve the tweeters firing almost directly at eachother from the windshield panels.