PDA

View Full Version : Alarm that shocks?

williamn333
12-08-2003, 02:42 AM
Hey guys I have been looking around for any type of car alarm or add-on that I could add to make my truck electrified. Anyone know where I would find something like this? I would like to have something that would send some serious voltage through a potential thief. Any ideas would be cool! Thanks!

celicaca
12-08-2003, 12:18 PM
lol that would probably destroy your whole car. you could get one of those alarms that gives you 3rd degree burns but it may be illegal here.

williamn333
12-08-2003, 02:51 PM
Which alarm would that be? Sounds interesting!! ;)

Wonderbread
12-08-2003, 11:54 PM
sounds interesting, but it also sounds illegal...
actually, it is illegal
alarms and security systems must be passive. if someone tries to break in, gets burnt or shocked, they can and will sue you, and can and will win

SPLThunder
12-08-2003, 11:58 PM
unfortunatly that is covered under the same law that lets the house burglar sue the owner because he tripped and broke his leg while trying to steal a TV.

**** system

edit: yeah what he said

Wonderbread
12-09-2003, 12:00 AM
not to mention, the guy who broke in thru a window, put his hand on a knife, cut himself real good, sued and won ;)

fast4door
12-14-2003, 02:54 AM
**** here in VA you come in my house not invited i shoot you dead!! Was told buy a judge myself!!

Wonderbread
12-14-2003, 04:33 AM
i don't think that is quite right. There is still a provision in most criminal codes that states you may not attack with more force that is being presented to you. IOW - you can't shoot someone who is going to throw a punch at you and claim self defence,

DwnWrdSpiral
12-23-2003, 06:17 PM
it is legal if you have a private property sign tho

bri487
12-24-2003, 02:55 PM
sounds interesting, but it also sounds illegal...
actually, it is illegal
alarms and security systems must be passive. if someone tries to break in, gets burnt or shocked, they can and will sue you, and can and will win
yea isnt that a *****. someone in my town got there house broken into, and fell through a window in the house he broke into and sued the poor old lady because he got cut up and he won. what kind of f***ed up society do we live in?

mxs666
01-01-2004, 12:56 AM
Be very careful, because your liability could extend to criminal prosecution depending on circumstances. Like for instance, the intended thief has a pace maker, your shock system ends up killing him and i can guarantee you that if the da's office figured out what happened you will be tried for manslaughter or murder 2 or whatever they call the reckless killing of another person.

The fact that the person was impaired prior to the unfortunate circumstances outlined above will not help you.

Simply put, dont do it. If you want to have fun, get a good alarm with a pager, you can even get real time internet tracking via DCI/Clifford/Viper. Catch em in the act or track em down. The beating which then commences will be a lot easier to explain - - regardless of the consequences.

ditto985
01-01-2004, 01:08 AM
here in colorado we have a law that is called make my day, it intails that if someone is inside your house and is a threat to you, you are allowed to stop them by any means necesary. Kind of nice knowing you can kill someone that comes in your house uninvited (now only if I could get rid of those pesky relatives that come by)

IgnoreMe
01-01-2004, 01:27 AM
oh hell no! a burgler breaks in, hurts him self, sues and wins?!?! WHAT KIND OF COUNTRY IS THIS?!?! dont get me wrong, i love the u.s. its awesome here (not that i have lived anywhere else really except for europe when i was 6....) but some of the laws we have here are freakin ridiculous. but this reminds me of a funny thing i saw on t.v. if you rememeber Married With Children you might remember an episode where Al's house is broken into and the crook is hurt and sues. the crook also wins. Al gets mad and punches the guy in the face while in the court room and claims he hurt his hand while punchin the guy...Al sues and he wins the case. :rotflol: probably one of the best episodes IMO

Trancer
01-02-2004, 01:39 AM
Yeah in Oklahoma its the same law... He is in your house, you can shoot him and kill him... just make sure he stays in the house too

LBX2G
01-04-2004, 12:09 AM
yo law in the states are different. In GA U can only shot some one that aposses a threat to u. Like if someone breaks into ur house and steal ur T.V. and he is walkin out with it and you shoot him it was not in self defense. Cuz he was not aboesing a threat to u.

crx11
01-05-2004, 01:15 PM
Hey but what alarm is the one that burn when the car is touch?
In my country the thief don't have all those laws in favor, there if you shot him or he get cut or something happeng to him in your house is his problem not yours.

yoratbastard
01-09-2004, 06:46 PM
Get the alarm that James Bond used in"The Spy Who Loved Me" on his Lotus Espirit Turbo. The bad guy touches the car and the car blows up. End of problem...

dbr

helotaxi
01-09-2004, 08:35 PM
Yeah in Oklahoma its the same law... He is in your house, you can shoot him and kill him... just make sure he stays in the house too

FL same thing. Cop told me point blank "He's in your house shoot him dead. Make sure he's dead and make sure he lands in the house. If he crawls outside before he dies, drag him back in. No one will ask any questions."

yz_gt69
01-12-2004, 12:24 AM
wow this post got interestin quick. how does this alarm that your talkin about work?? is it once they get inside? if not, the prob with an alarm that shocks someone is... what if they arent's stealling?? what if they are lookin at your custom interior.

anywho, there are some other non lethal / pain inflicting alarms that are great too. such as the ones manufactured by compustar.
they have one available that will page you if your shock sensor is set off. i hope to find one so I can program it to scream "rape" if the shopck goes off.
hehe ppl will come runnin

LBX2G
01-12-2004, 12:40 AM
Yeah I Have One. The Remote Beeps If Ur Car Is Tampered With

fazes
01-12-2004, 04:15 PM
if you want to use a car alarm like that, move to south africa. I believe they have a flamethrower one too...

ssj2xxgotenxx
01-12-2004, 07:53 PM
Get the alarm that James Bond used in"The Spy Who Loved Me" on his Lotus Espirit Turbo. The bad guy touches the car and the car blows up. End of problem...

LOL!!! That is the funniest **** ever! just make sure you set a delay on the alarm so it blows up when he is sitting in the car lol!

Wonderbread
01-13-2004, 12:28 AM
Actually, it's a little different of a concept. Designed to combat carjackings, there is a button in the car. When confronted by a car-jacker, one pushes the button and giant flames shoot out and burn the poor bastard alive. Neat, huh?

1poorbastard
01-20-2004, 12:26 AM
actually, i heard there is such an alarm that exists that shocks theieves. It was on tv a few years ago. Basically when a thief attemps to break into your car, the alarm goes off. If that doesn't work, an electric forcefield is setup around your steering wheel(i think) so when the thief breaks in and puts his hand on the wheel he gets enough of a shock to go away. I too am looking for this type alarm as my neon has verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry expensive toys in it.

1poorbastard
01-20-2004, 12:56 AM
I did some more searching and here's one persons idea http://www.lcars.eu.org/autotaser.uk/index.htm This was the product I was talking about(this is a UK site since it's no longer mfgd in the states).

PCarterCS
01-21-2004, 06:53 PM
I don't think it is illegal because some friends of mine thought that the new H2 looks better without windows and busted them out, touched the steering wheel and got the crap shocked out of them.