PDA

View Full Version : help setting crossovers

robertoyoung08
11-26-2009, 12:39 AM
dont know much about setting crossovers on full range amps.

need some help.
im getting too much bass response from my 6 1/2's!

or maybe its cus i was used to my stock 4"ers
and now i got some 6 1/2's =D

well i want to make sure i have the crossover settings right so i can get the most out of them. right now their at the default setting which i dont even remember where its at.
any help or suggestions?

Ceebes
11-26-2009, 09:54 AM
pics?

robertoyoung08
11-26-2009, 02:37 PM
sure. but pics of amp or speakers?

Ceebes
11-26-2009, 08:37 PM
sorry, I was thinkin of something else. x-over on a full range amp, hmm... well, what all does it have? It should say: HPF(high pass filter), LPF(Low pass filter), or Full(low and high at the same time). If you are running a subwoofer, it will damage the amp and the sub if you have it on HFP or Full. Subs should be LPF only. Mids and comp. speakers should be on HPF or Full. hope this helps, I've only been in car audio for a year now. but I have learned alot.

robertoyoung08
11-26-2009, 08:45 PM
yeah i just started with car audio about a year ago also. and ive learned a lot too. but still learning lol

ive learned more on install stuff lately though.
and this is my first full install in my car.

anyways. my full rang amp is on full for both front and rear.

my front left speaker gets some CRAZY bass though. or at least compared to all the others. i have no idea why that is. i will add a bass blocker to it this weekend probably, but i have no idea why only this speaker is picking up soo much bass.
and i still want to set the crossover right. idk if im getting optimum sound right now since its all the factoring setting. do you or does anyone know a good number to set the frequency setting at?

Ceebes
11-26-2009, 09:22 PM
idk if im getting optimum sound right now since its all the factoring setting. do you or does anyone know a good number to set the frequency setting at?

Well I would set it to some higher HZ. Are all your speakers the same? that could be the problem. Another problem could be that you have a left and right tuning knob on your amp, one is set to higher hz, and the other to lower. I jus play around with mine. Play a song with a lil bass, and some good treb. then jus play with it untill it sounds good.