PDA

View Full Version : Can someone recommend a good monitor head unit that has anti theft features???

kanyeofthebay
11-24-2009, 06:54 PM
I had 3 screens in my old car and theives stole my deck. I vowed I would never get tvs again, but honestly I loved it so much I think I want em back. At least one in the dash. I want a decent tv that won't get stolen this time perferably something that doesn't attract attention perferable something 2 din that maybe does 180 flip so you can't see the screen. I don't know what my options are. I park in a safe neighborhood but its always that one day you have to park somewhere shady that they get you. I have an alarm system on my car, but really what can that do? I need something thats not going to draw attention please help me out!

Mike465
12-09-2009, 08:43 PM
The New JVC's have detachable screens. Also, you can use back strap to secure the unit to the car.

mendon99
12-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Eclipse comes to mind, if they do get it at least they won't be able to use it if you enable ESN.

You could always make a fake face as well, to cover it. Lots of people do this to ward off thieves.

mendon99
12-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Eclipse comes to mind, if they do get it at least they won't be able to use it if you enable ESN.

You could always make a fake face as well, to cover it. Lots of people do this to ward off thieves.

kanyeofthebay
07-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Finally made it back here. I ended up with a JVC and I am very happy with it. I forget the exact model number, but I like the fact that the car has to be on in order to activate the HU to release the screen, so if you do want to leave it in you don't have to worry about someone trying to pop it off. Really a great unit. I use the build in DVD player and I wired the USB connector to a 250 gig harddrive in the center console so I just dump all my music and video in there and the music never stops.

Blizardfans
07-14-2010, 12:37 AM
choose the detachable face panel type dvd like above Mike said. or mount tougher.

btw, feel a little weird why the theif didnt drove ya car away since he/she has the time to unmount the dvd inside...

kanyeofthebay
07-14-2010, 02:33 PM
No he ripped it off and destroyed the wiring harness in the process. He walked away with nothing because it was a sony unit and the brain was left in the car I had it wired into the glove box. He just caused a lot of damage is all.

Blizardfans
07-15-2010, 11:14 AM
I see

better to choose some kind of anti-theif equipment with siren which may sream awake the world,, lol...