PDA

View Full Version : professional enclosure designers?

RJesus
11-23-2009, 06:12 PM
I filled out the form on PWK's website like 3 weeks ago and they never responded. I emailed them, still no response.

...so are there any other designers that have experience similar to that of PWK's ? Someone that has the ability to design boxes specific to my car's acoustics, not just some kid who failed calculus.

mobeious
11-23-2009, 06:14 PM
i can help ya out.. shoot me a PM

bassman3
11-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Yep. We can help you out to if your interested. Shoot me a PM as well.

What are you looking for? What speakers? Space etc?

Sevening
11-23-2009, 06:46 PM
It took over a month for my two buddies to hear anything back. Going back for seconds on one right now about 2-3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything this time yet either.

RJesus
11-23-2009, 06:54 PM
enclosure to maximize efficiency for a 12'' dc lvl 4, max dim= 31Lx15Hx16W

Also need an enclosure for my mids and tweeters. Mids will be in a custom kick pod (not built yet, so dimensions aren't set yet)

tweets will be in the A pillars, I might be able to have an enclosure run the entire length of the a pillar. The comps are hertz 165 mlk's

I can make spherical shapes, and kerfed angles are no problem.

PV Audio
11-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Don't waste time with PWK. He talks a big game and says he does stuff like "use frequency domain analysis of vehicular transfer function with emphasis on maximizing on-axis linear piston response" which basically means that he can make your sub output linear in your specific car which any good designer can do.

sub-FATHER
11-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Don't waste time with PWK. He talks a big game and says he does stuff like "use frequency domain analysis of vehicular transfer function with emphasis on maximizing on-axis linear piston response" which basically means that he can make your sub output linear in your specific car which any good designer can do.

i believe he wasnt asking for all that, and i believe he was asking for experienced builders and not some one that failed calculus. and you being the almighty great 20 year old phenom you are. why did you not offer the man your services????

galacticmonkey
11-23-2009, 09:52 PM

x2.

PV Audio
11-23-2009, 10:08 PM
i believe he wasnt asking for all that, and i believe he was asking for experienced builders and not some one that failed calculus. and you being the almighty great 20 year old phenom you are. why did you not offer the man your services????He went to PWK to get a design that is apparently:

Advanced time / frequency domain modeling techniques developed at PWK Designs are used to perform in-depth analysis of the listening environment. By modeling the internal geometry of the listener's room (or vehicle cabin,) establishing precise speaker placement, direction, and a target listening point, these analysis offer precision beyond any commonly-available design suite.

The end result is an alignment in every way custom-tailored to the listener's needs, accurately aligned to a desired response along the target listening point, peak transfer of acoustic energy, as well as optimized piston control derived by fine-tuning the system acoustic and resonant impedance to the listener's target input power.

This is a load of bullshit jargon, nothing more. All he's saying is that he'll design your enclosure to your listening environment which is not difficult at all and he'll also allow you to get the maximum linear output of your speaker. Again, not difficult at all.

I have a problem with people doing things like this to get business. The average person going onto his website or into an audio store won't know what is being said but will be impressed because it sounds technical. That, my friend, is why I make my so-called "almighty" threads by sharing what I do know all the while learning from people like joetama, JimJ and ciaonzo so that I can enrich my own knowledge.

I want to help people understand the jargon in simple terms that make it crystal clear that "fine tuning the system acoustic and resonant impedance to the listener's target input power" simply means that he will take the system resonant frequency into account for your given input power which merely means that you have an idea as to when and were you'll get impedance rise. I, on the other hand, want to help people understand what impedance rise is that way next time they stumble across some jargon, they know what they're looking at. If that bothers you, then feel free to keep it to yourself. If it makes me almighty by helping people understand things that I happen to know, then again, feel free to keep it to yourself.

With that said, you're more than welcome to comment on how I conduct myself, but I couldn't care less. If one person learns what Qts is or how to understand why the size of a speaker does not determine its transient response and accuracy, then I feel like I've done something useful.

To answer your question, since you haven't read, I haven't done any car audio designing for over a year. I only do home audio designs, but since I do home audio, I have to understand more of the mechanics behind how speakers work, and since I'm able to understand most of the terms due to my major, I try to explain them to people who struggle like I did for years. That's all.