PDA

View Full Version : Pheonix Gold RSD surround problem PLEASE HELP!!!!

maritoze
11-22-2009, 01:36 PM
I was screwing the speaker into the baffle and the head of the screw caught some of the surround. I am wondering if this damages the performance of the speaker in any way. Can anyone help with a solution, or can I just leave it as it is?

tylork92
11-22-2009, 02:48 PM
as long as it didnt rip a hole in it itll be fine.

BeAlLsTaR13
11-22-2009, 02:50 PM
tape, duct tape to be exact

J31Rob
11-22-2009, 02:51 PM
as long as it didnt rip a hole in it itll be fine.

even if it did it'd be fine. Unless you crease the cone or more than 25% of your surround is disconnected you should be fine. ;)

maritoze
11-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Its fine I installed everything. Sounds great! except the f**ken tweeter is blown! How the hell does that happen. Thing is brand new. =[ aww well Ill just have to send it back.

tylork92
11-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Its fine I installed everything. Sounds great! except the f**ken tweeter is blown! How the hell does that happen. Thing is brand new. =[ aww well Ill just have to send it back.

get used to the RSD tweets sounding like crap and just being crappy...not surprising me at all that its blown.

maritoze
11-22-2009, 06:44 PM
get used to the RSD tweets sounding like crap and just being crappy...not surprising me at all that its blown.

I better just buy new tweets. LOL I was kinda noticing on the other one that wasn't blown. I've been trying to tune it and could't figure out why I couldn't get a crisp sound. I figured they weren't the best. Any suggestions on some alright tweeters?

Bass911
11-25-2009, 12:08 PM
If I were you, I'd get another comp set. I had the same problem. Too many people had the same problem and I don't like mixing and matching speakers. I'd get some of those cheap $10 tweeters until you save some more pennies for a better component set.