PDA

View Full Version : Ported Center Console Box for RE SX 10" - HELP

Vortec Stroker
11-22-2009, 01:17 AM
I will be making a ported box for my new RE SX 10" sub (dual 2 ohm) - a center console design in my 97 Chevy ext. cab truck. Volume of the box isnt a problem as I have the room; RE recomends 1.25 cu ft.

I just need help on what kind and where to locate the port. What port volume is needed on these? Its the older US made RE SX sub. I like the aero ports as they look clean also. It will be a down fire setup with 3" of clearance from the sub to the floor of the cab. I have always used sealed setups in the past, but to get the most out of this one sub I want to go ported. An older Directed 1100D will be powering it at 1 ohm, so its getting a solid 1000 watts.

Vortec Stroker
11-23-2009, 03:00 AM
Wow, no help at all? Well maybe someone could chime in and suggest if a down fire setup is even ideal. Would a rear fire be better? I just want to make sure I do this right so it'll sound the best possible.

SSS 18734
11-23-2009, 03:16 AM
I think your best options here would be to either:

a) Down-fire the sub and rear-fire the port or
b) Fire both the sub and the port towards the rear.

You'd be unlikely to be able to fit a down-firing port unless you used elbows. A single 4" aeroport should suffice. You could probably even get away with a 3" port if your space is limited.

Try searching the forums for center-console builds. I know they're around here. I've seen a few on DIYMA as well.

DBBOOM
11-23-2009, 03:42 AM
Search posts by: Slam , he made a thread and pics of his.

mmouse57
11-23-2009, 10:59 AM
box for my new RE SX 10" sub

Its the older US made RE SX sub

so its a new old sub? lol

yeah sub down port back or sub up with a grill and port back

Vortec Stroker
11-24-2009, 12:50 AM
Still new in box, just the US made model.