PDA

View Full Version : Loud Crack Relevant To Bass

ukrkoz
11-21-2009, 03:51 PM
hello everyone

I have 2000 silverado with 2way speakers in the front and OEM ones in the rear.

for several yrs, i had pioneer headunit working in it flawlessly.

i decided to sell truck and had pioneer head unit removed and OEM headunit installed back.

right after i did this, i started hearing loud crack coming from speakers at high volume. it was directly relevant to low frequences, reducing bass removed crack.

anyhow, i am back to driving the truck. i reinstalled that pioneer headunit - same result, crack every time bass kicks in.

i just installed brand new pioneer unit - it's even worse, as it has more power. reducing volume removes crack. reducing bass does same. crack is coming from both front and rear speakers, so it's not a speaker.

front low range speakers were replaced last year with aftermarket ones.

again, it all worked great, then right after i had pioneer back to OEM stereo swap, that crack appeared - and stayed, no matter what head unit i have in. thus, i am assuming it is not headunits or harness, as it does it with both OEM stereo plugged direct and with pioneer headunits plugged via adapter harness. both pioneers work perfectly in my civic. so, it's not pioneers.

i am not aware of any capacitors or anything else that can produce cracking noise relevant to bass load anywhere in the system, but what do i know. oh, and it does not appear right away. sometimes i can drive for quite a bit before it shows itself. almost like charge builds up somewhere. suggestions? it's either low volume - or impossible to listen to.:verymad:

ascitiesburn69
11-21-2009, 03:52 PM
Don't make more than one thread for the same thing.......:nono::nono:

ukrkoz
11-21-2009, 04:15 PM
sorry, my bad. unintentional.