PDA

View Full Version : New England comps.......

Pages : [1] 2

SPL Blazer
11-20-2009, 08:42 AM
Figured I'd get this one going to keep the other threads from getting jacked.

So I'll start this off. What are people planning on for 2010?

I know I'll be out on black Friday picking up a new laptop for next seasons shows. Maybe another amp later on too.

CRXBMPN
11-20-2009, 08:43 AM
steve what amp are you looking to get? another 2500d?

as far as me

CRX + Stock 3. Equip is either two or three Orion 2500d's and three Solo X 12's in some RocketBoxes :cool:

*edit* steve watch out what laptop you get, my Toshiba I picked up for my TL must have an incompatible chipset or something because it crashes every time I try to load it up. My three Dell laptops run it fine though.

SPL Blazer
11-20-2009, 08:50 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking of another 2500d. We'll see if I ever actually buy one though. I only get to do a couple comps during the season. Hoping to change that in 2010 when TNESPL is out here. Might look into a pair of 15" DC Level 4XL's too.

thanks for the heads up on the laptop. I'm not sure what one I'll get, I know it'll have the new Windows 7, and that works fine with Termlab. There have been issues with computers running 64 bit Vista, there is a special way to configure Termlab for that.

Stetsom Rep USA
11-20-2009, 09:00 AM
Is there any way to get on a emailing list for the upcoming events in the north east? I want to compete with these org.'s this year.........Repping Maryland on the east coast!!

SPL Blazer
11-20-2009, 09:06 AM
Your best bet is to keep checkin out this forum for the shows. I usually start a thread for every comp in the Northeast on here, with a couple exceptions. Any others and I'll always put them up on our website.

Stetsom Rep USA
11-20-2009, 09:30 AM
no email notifications? Thats cool, I will keep checking back. See ya in 2010...

CRXBMPN
11-20-2009, 09:34 AM
do you still have the myspace bulletins and stuff like that Steve?

SPL Blazer
11-20-2009, 10:06 AM
Yeah, we still have the Myspace page set up. My wife is gonna get a Facebook page going for next season too. We're planning to remake the website for next season as well, so we'll have to look into the option of making a mailing list for updates and such.

edzy
11-20-2009, 06:47 PM
I will probley catch a few shows just to support the cause. Plus I like the fact that I can get metered. I dont mind competing but I never expect anything out of it with my set up. I am mainly in it for the meter, lol and meeting people. Any win is a bonus, but not my goal.

SICK GV
11-20-2009, 08:06 PM
Well I'm pretty sure I'm done with stock 3. I retired the Jeep from SPL. In 2010 I'll be doing SS no wall in a car thats not my daily driver. Expect some big numbers next year :)

Mr. Slate
11-21-2009, 12:27 AM
Stetsom has been banned from the Northeast but you are always welcome Steve(Md.).

80INCHES
11-21-2009, 06:10 AM
Y Is That...wat Happened

SPL Blazer
11-21-2009, 07:40 AM
Y Is That...wat Happened

He's just kidding around, they aren't banned, it's just that nobody wants to run them. Their quality isn't that great, they put out a ton of power, but there's no guarantee that your gonna get a good amp when you buy one....and then good luck getting a hold of someone to get it fixed. Those are some of the issues that some of the Northeast guys have run into with Stetsom. Nothing like buying a few of them and find out most are DOA.

street b explor
11-21-2009, 08:28 AM
ok ok ok here is the deal With Stetsom The amps are of good quality the amps do there power the main probe is people like me usen them in street class they were never meant to run on one battery. I and a few other people up here in the North East like the amps.

But Steve and I Have done lots of testing with the amps I ran every thing from the 2k4-the 2k5 to the 7k to the 7k2d to the first ever ever amp brought to the USA the strappable 10k they are all good amps and if supplied the right amount of battery will do some crazy power.

The other probe is There ARE WAY TO MANY PEOPLE THAT THINK THEY KNOW HOW TO PROPERLY TUNE A BOX.

So if the proper care is taken and you know what your doing you will not run in to any trouble but these amps are not meant for street app's the 2k4 and the old 12 volt 7k will work fine. you need battery and you def need to know how to proper tune a box. its not just finding fs. so i hope i cleared up some of the BS.

The main big pro i was haven was customer service and this is the reasion i left but steve hung in there and is know doing whe took us two yrs to do and i will say he is a good guy and will get the job done right the first time and he is a good firend of mine and i know he will take Stetsom to the next level. Ya some times you need to tell the street guys they just wont work on one battery Why cause its the facts. Ya i could get one to work on my street set up but i was never getting the full power That i could have gotten from the amps due to tuning the box the proper way it needed to be to get full power.

Mr. Slate
11-21-2009, 12:03 PM
I always tease Steve(Md) about his product.

thorshammer1
11-21-2009, 12:14 PM
Chuckles...once we figured out my problem I've really come to like my Stetsom amp. It does put out a sheyot ton of power but can be awfull thirsty at times. Yes I do run mine daily. lol

Steve I look forward to coming out there this yr!

NeverEnuffBass
11-21-2009, 01:16 PM
Steve- I got a brand new HCCA-D5000 at my shop we are trying to sell. Let me know if your interested.

SPL Blazer
11-21-2009, 04:03 PM
I think that bad boy would be more $$$ and power than I need for now. I'm thinking of getting another 2500d so I can run the pair for comps and just one for daily. We have some other things to buy for next season first though.

Mr. Slate
11-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Steve- I got a brand new HCCA-D5000 at my shop we are trying to sell. Let me know if your interested.

We need to get the team back together.

Sounds kinda Blues Brotherish.:wow:

splmegavan
11-21-2009, 10:38 PM

hey how much you looking to sell that amp for

Mr. Slate
11-21-2009, 10:49 PM
PM him Mega.:cool:

SPL Blazer
11-22-2009, 09:44 AM
We need to get the team back together.

Sounds kinda Blues Brotherish.:wow:

lol, think I might have to watch that movie again.

SICK GV
11-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Wish I could get mt hands on some T3's but I guess I'll have to settle for 2 DD Z 15's. Sux when you can only fit 2 subs in a car when your using crazy amounts of power. Dont help that the price for those subs are retarded either.

SPL Blazer
11-22-2009, 03:33 PM
So get your hands on some DC Soundlabs Level 5's, if you want more subs then pick up a few 10's. Never underestimate the power of a 10". In Drags there are guys with 6 10's doing 158-159 in Street C, thats only 2 batteries and car off.

street b explor
11-23-2009, 09:40 AM
lol level 6 dc`s or catus subs.

SICK GV
11-23-2009, 10:05 AM
Yeah Steve I can only do 2 subs so I need them to handle MASSIVE power. I like the DC level 6 idea. I havent seen to much info on them but Ive heard they"re pretty good. Price is not an issue I just need the subs to do what the manufacturer claims it can do on burp and play music. I know its tough but can be done.

spltuscon
11-23-2009, 10:51 AM
Chris, you should look into the RD Audio SHW subs ;)

Mr. Slate
11-23-2009, 03:56 PM
What's considered massive power?

CRXBMPN
11-23-2009, 04:25 PM
maybe he is talking about running Massive Audio amps :confused: :laugh:

I hope not...

sounds like he is going with a 16v setup and multiple multiple amps...

If I dont pull a higher # in testing than what I did yesterday (even with a huge grommet missing, oops) I'll retire haha but whatevz

spltuscon
11-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Not massive audio....but a lot of power.

I keep secrets for customers ;)

but I can say he won't have much competition:cool:

Mr. Slate
11-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Not massive audio....but a lot of power.

I keep secrets for customers ;)

but I can say he won't have much competition:cool:

A little cocky don't you think?

spltuscon
11-23-2009, 08:30 PM
Not trying to be cocky...just feel good about this build.

SICK GV
11-24-2009, 08:55 AM
Lets put it this way next year I'll be competing on a world level not just a local or National level. It wont be set up for a powered class. And unlike the Jeep this ride wont compete till its finished even if I have to take a year off to get it done. Between my team and DaveL. helping this should be a fairly loud ride :)

CRXBMPN
11-24-2009, 10:17 AM
I look forward to seeing this mega build.
Who is it out west that does SS NW LOUD... Team XS-SPL Jeffrey or something?

Good luck and bragging is ok if you can back it up so no harm no foul... yet :cool:

spltuscon
11-24-2009, 10:53 AM
Yeah, Team XS SPL is the loudest in North America (so far) at something like a 162 :eek:

I meant not much competition regionally, no offense intended to anyone...I know all the competitors and at this time there isn't a whole lot of competition in the no-wall class. I am actually part of another no-wall build that has very high ambitions also, so next year will be very loud and have some crazy numbers...

Mr. Slate
11-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Chris, please don't take this the wrong way because I'm not trying to diss (this time, lol) but I don't think that you have the knowledge to compete on a world level, atleast not yet.
You guys really haven't seen anything. These past couple of years in USACi are nothing.
There is a lot more then building a box and adding a ton of power.
Here's an example; tell me how to test your vehicle to find the resonant frequency (without googling, lol). CRXBPN would know and TJ would know.
There are so many other variables (and tricks) beside equipement and the build.
IIRC, they only ones to compete and win on a world level from New England are:

Bob Perillo
Shaker
Jesse Seigars

Some other world class dudes from our area:
Rooney Bianco
Manny T Rex
Team Bada Bing from R.I.
There was another extreme builder from Ct. who's name escapes me and of course the old Pirate radio team.

Another example......... not a New Englander but someone you know. Kumar's van is loud in USACi but wouldn't fare well against a seasoned DB Drag Astro van. Has nothing to do with equipement or build. Why?

Little things like this give competitors the edge. I've been around a long time and I've learned alot and still continue to learn. I do crazy research I have world champions numbers in my phone.
Like I use to tell you, and I wish I had the subs to prove to you but I could have dropped several different brand subs in your box and gaurantee that you would have gone up a DB+.
So when I hear you guys talk like this, kinda makes me laugh a little.
AGAIN, NO DISRESPECT INTENDED!

Mr. Slate
11-24-2009, 05:20 PM
Yeah, Team XS SPL is the loudest in North America (so far) at something like a 162 :eek:

I meant not much competition regionally, no offense intended to anyone...I know all the competitors and at this time there isn't a whole lot of competition in the no-wall class. I am actually part of another no-wall build that has very high ambitions also, so next year will be very loud and have some crazy numbers...

64.3 Certified.:cool:

spltuscon
11-24-2009, 06:34 PM
I think Chris has the ambition and commitment to see it through. I like to think I know quite a bit myself ;) Just because I don't have a superstreet van doesn't mean I don't know how to build something extremely loud.
Jesse, Bob and Shaker had major sponsorships and were all louder than our goal, but also in bigger classes.
2009 was a year that saw a lot of people giving up and a lot of new interest from rookies. 2010 will have some "rookies" that are going to be the new era of competitors in New England.

SICK GV
11-24-2009, 07:49 PM
I hear ya Nate. There are tons of people who know alot more about builds then me. And yes I know how to find the freq of a car lmao. I know our team goes to comps and enter in the stock classes but dont let that fool you. We enjoy hitting good numbers with everyday drivers. I can do a legal 155 with a 5k amp and 2 batts in my Jeep that is set up for everyday abuse lol. Now throw in a much smaller car and ALOT more power and BOOOM. Im not sayin Im gonna touch team 420's numbers or Kumars but if anyone doubts our abilities then feel free to build for this class and lets enjoy next year battling it out. And I'm not taking you the wrong way Nate. I know youve been around and appreciate what you got to say......doesn't mean I have to like it though :)

SICK GV
11-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Oh and I know my Mojos arent the best out there trust me, but I havent had the need to switch them out. Next year they will be dropped for some big momma's!

Marlo Stanfield
11-24-2009, 08:03 PM
Looks like New England is gonna have sum serious competition coming throughout the 2010 season. If I do end up moving back up north, then I'll be out there w/ a couple buddies myself. I got a good amount of equipment to use and just need to do sum TL sessions to find out what works best and in what class.

SPL Blazer
11-24-2009, 08:08 PM
I haven't heard too much about the new Level 6's from DC, so I couldn't say whether or not they'd work well on music. The level 5's should be able to do both. Mike from Renots was using the new T3 TSNS's and those can't handle both, although last years model could. Not sure if they're making more than one option for those in the 2010 line up, but the ones he was using couldn't handle it at Finals.

CRXBMPN
11-24-2009, 08:21 PM
i'm sure Chris will do better than I will, and probably most... if he has the resources to buy top end state of the art stuff compared to say my now 7 year old amps i'd say thats half the battle. Kinda like a hot stove league in baseball, we are all talking it up :cool:
fun times, boys

SICK GV
11-24-2009, 08:28 PM
Thanks gawd crxbmpn understands me lol. Just tryin to rally the troops ya know. Id love to respectfully **** someone of so we can get some good drama goin on here...maybe even some name calling. Dave L. you are a %^#&% and ^&% &*^&^%*^&%!!!!! ****

spltuscon
11-24-2009, 08:32 PM
Just get me the freakin' car cupcake:p:

SICK GV
11-24-2009, 08:39 PM
hahah! ok ok. You might have to keep it all winter. Yeah Steve I just might have to build a burp mobile for next year. I can worry about music in 2011. I got way too much going on with my new ride to be worring about where to fit 8 8 inch mid range drivers lol

Mr. Slate
11-25-2009, 12:11 AM
I think Chris has the ambition and commitment to see it through. I like to think I know quite a bit myself ;) Just because I don't have a superstreet van doesn't mean I don't know how to build something extremely loud.
Jesse, Bob and Shaker had major sponsorships and were all louder than our goal, but also in bigger classes.
2009 was a year that saw a lot of people giving up and a lot of new interest from rookies. 2010 will have some "rookies" that are going to be the new era of competitors in New England.

The sponsorships came after they established themselves as world class competitors. They started with nothing like we all do.
I love your box designs and they're very pretty but as a real spl builder on a National level, nothing you have designed would win in USACi, MECA, Drag, NSPL or IASCA. None of your customers have competed outside of New England or New York State.
You stated that just because you don't have a SS van doesn't mean you don't know how to build something extremely loud. Nothing you've built thus far is extremely loud. Not tying to be disrespectful but I'm a realist. Neither you or anyone from ACT Audio can tell me how to find the resonant frequency of a vehicle which is the first thing that should be done before starting an SPL BUILD.

BTW Bob has built for the stock classes and they usually win as well although T Rex swept every stock class in USACi on particular year at state finals.
When I competed in the Stock classes in USACi, I lost twice in 2003. Once to a Team 420 build and once to T Rex at state finals. 2004, I joined T Rex and went undefeated in USACi and MECA. Also became a SLAP National Champion that year as a rookie in that organization.
Guess what I'm trying to say is there's a big world outthere, Becareful of cocky attitudes there's always someone that's watching.
Again, no disrespect intended.

Mr. Slate
11-25-2009, 12:28 AM
Chris, what class are you competing in next year pray tell? Past couple of weeks you've kinda been all over. Have you narrowed it down?
BTW, tell me how to find the resonant frequency of a vehicle............you said you know.

spltuscon
11-25-2009, 05:31 AM
Nate, don't worry, I'll find the resonant frequency before the build starts. Yes, I know how. I also know how to clamp true power and find impedance rise. I had the highest certified score in the world for DB Drag Street Stock last year and I went to finals.... I was undefeated all season. In 2009 I took first 17 times, with 2 second places. One was to TJ by .7db in NESPL and the other was to Chris in Stock 601-1800 by 1.1db. I built Chris's box that beat me so I don't feel bad about that...that was the point, to make him louder. I'm not saying any of this to be cocky or brag...thats not my style, just pointing out that my builds win for their intended class. Not everyone with skill competes with a wall or a crx.
I compete with Alpine Type R subs that I took in trade from a customer. They are beat up dual 4's...not exactly an SPL sub. I use 1 amp and 1 extra battery in my daily driver, I basically do this on a shoestring budget....and I still manage to do well. I didn't have any goal for world finals this year...I refused to travel 1600 miles one-way to go against maybe two other people.
For a customer with a car committed to SPL and a decent budget, I fully expect to shock people with what it does. I hope people try to build against this...the more, the merrier.
I'm not trying to be an ***, but you could give me more a little more credit...I can pull a 150 legal with 2 Best Buy 12's in an suv behind the rear seat...how many people do you know that can do that?

CRXBMPN
11-25-2009, 08:48 AM
so, I like that you are saying nice things about me Nate but dont hype me up to be some important person here! I'd DIE to have Dave's resources... not so much skill but just the resources to learn what he does. Also I'd love to have the extra money or time, I got kids, car payments, trying to buy a house, and old equipment! Dave, you get all the props from me, and since I've never personally beat you, I guess I cant say much :)

Chris, I remember back in 04 when Marcus was whipping up on Stock 2 in SLAP, my whole point for building in 05 was to compete against him and he never ended up running. IIRC he had EIGHT Mojo 2000d's on two DD 9912's in his Firebird/Camaro/that sort of thing... I won Nationals in 05 with just two Orion 2500d's and a car that had special rules against it... thats what I want to do again, LOOK FORWARD to competing because you know someone is doing the same about/against you ;)

street b explor
11-25-2009, 10:27 AM
ok wow im not that loud and thanks nate for the kind words but Im more of a laid back kinda guy till ya **** in my pot and im always willing to help out the new guy and the old.
This season was a bad season for me with lots of new things going on helping out teammates that stabed me in the back in the end and working on house and helping out my Family.

I never had time to do any thing for my self this yr my set up is 3yrs old ya 3 yrs. i have lots of plans for 2010 but this all counts if i want to or if i have the money.

but i will say one thing if ya beat me last yr i let ya i never run to my fullest.
My hat goes deep and there are still lots of tricks in it.

I give dave props his boxes are perty looking and this is most of what gets ya loud but i will say he still lacks somthing. He need to think out side the box.

Chris i like ya bro but you can have all the power in the world and it wont meen jack if its not setup right 2 ddz2`s and 5 batcaps and dd subs will do a good # in the right car with the right set up and a **** load of work that you can not spend on it this winter when ya get to doing romote starts. Bro im not knocking ya ss1-2nw is a cool class but i dont see ya doing any thing over a 158 and im given ya the benny bro.

This is a good # dont get me wrong but this is what i see
All yr ya ran 2-15`s and batcaps. that 54 was done with two amps and 2-15s and 2 batterys. ya come on here and say ya had my # bro ya never had my # no disrespect 2-12`s and one battery and 4k is what i used to do my # so im just stating a fact and just saying it like i see it here so dont take it the wrong way.
you do a good # for what your running. just like i do for what im running but if this was in street c ya ya would have to step up your game why i say caus ya can run two more amps 4 amps but they must be strapped. but ya would need to go to a diffrent batterys. and then the usa guys are doing 158`s

then the next ? is can ya build it not only do ya have to think will daves box take the power cause i know it wont but will you be able to get the power out of the amps of two batterys and then take in all the factors that make it all work. bro i fell ya have it in ya and im here to help ya reach your gloes in any way bro like i sead im not loud but what i do know took me 17 yrs to lirn. and that you cant lirn in one yr.

Dave I know you have what it takes. to do a streetstock box your boxes have worked good for others but i dont want you to take any thing the rong way here at all pics speak a 1000 words but the real story and if ya dont have the real story you dont know why.

(((( glue is good but screws & glue are way beter even if ya use a glue joint bit & just glue is not strong enough. Then ya build the box big so that ya can tune them low and still have enough room for the subs and a long port to tune it low so they work in any car and take good powe BUT building a box for spl is an entier diffrent bread if the box is built to play loud it will need screws or its going to blow apart and it will need threded rods to keep the flex out wood rods still flex and crack. S.P.L is peaking the pressures in the box to get that extra. Dont forget to retune it if ya cut it down but know why you are doing so and see what is happining when your doing it and why its doing it. and every port i seen ya build ya cant retune or cut down i know its lots of work to get the magic box but this is what needs to be done to get every thing ya can out of it to take things to the next level. I have and still do to this day blow boxes apart but ya lirn from it. and take it to the next level. 150.00 dollars a sheet of wood dave is not cheep hint hint our secret. Dave i see ya doing a swell job and there is way to many things that ya can do to a box and im going to shed some light next yr and get off my stule What it comes down to is the box is only 50% of the build the rest is amps subs and the inbetween and a **** load of work Good luck bro and i hope you call to pick at my mind. )))

know that i have sead a few things im going to sit back and watch like i always do.

Like i sead if i pissed ya off well read it again i also made ya a lil smarter at the same time your welcome.

SICK GV
11-25-2009, 10:37 AM
Nate the funny thing is I competed out of Team Pirate radio. Ive seen your numbers in stock classes. Iv talked with Team 420 and team Renots and Dan Allard and you yourself have never seen my numbers with way more equipment. You hit a 154 using the old meter not the TL. Resonant frequency of your car is kid stuff thats the very first step of building a car. We are way past that. Even your walled Van and Walled Explorer was hitting less then my everyday grocery getter. By the way arent I tied with Mike Travasso from Team 420 in SS no wall? Not sayiin myself, Act Audio, or Dave are the chit, oh wait never mind YES WE ARE THE SH%T and aint nuttin u can do about it. Nate use your "resourses instead of your mouth and build for SS no wall or any class and actually do well instead of living in the past with old numbers and tired meters. Calling you out but just like the past 3 years you will always come up short....im just sayin

CRXBMPN
11-25-2009, 10:41 AM
thx t.j., i'm glad school was in session today :cheers:

CRXBMPN
11-25-2009, 10:43 AM
Nate the funny thing is I competed out of Team Pirate radio. Ive seen your numbers in stock classes. Iv talked with Team 420 and team Renots and Dan Allard and you yourself have never seen my numbers with way more equipment. You hit a 154 using the old meter not the TL. Resonant frequency of your car is kid stuff thats the very first step of building a car. We are way past that. Even your walled Van and Walled Explorer was hitting less then my everyday grocery getter. By the way arent I tied with Mike Travasso from Team 420 in SS no wall? Not sayiin myself, Act Audio, or Dave are the chit, oh wait never mind YES WE ARE THE SH%T and aint nuttin u can do about it. Nate use your "resourses instead of your mouth and build for SS no wall or any class and actually do well instead of living in the past with old numbers and tired meters. Calling you out but just like the past 3 years you will always come up short....im just sayin

everyone needs to choose a class and "Ante Up" like M.O.P.!!!

SICK GV
11-25-2009, 10:45 AM
And for the record my scores are with 1 DD z1a amp. Only 5k and 2 Batcap 3000's in the back and 1 Batcap 2000 under the hood at 12v. I went to 2 Batcap 8400's in the back in SS no wall and actually did less with 153.9. I was louder then your Yugo with half the power then your 8k that you were bragging you clamped 13k out of and in a car 3X bigger at 40hrtz. Jeep with 2 15's and a 5k VS Yugo with 2 12's and a 8k. You should be louder. If either Nate or T.J. need my help or Daves help we are here for you to get you guys louder. Just call us. Second place aint so bad guys

CRXBMPN
11-25-2009, 10:51 AM
im not sure where you are getting this bigger isnt louder thing, my buddy had a single Solo X 12 and four 1200d's strapped to it with a few yellow tops in his Grand Cherokee and was pulling 49's out of it.
I think you could buy 2 crx's for the cost of one 99z sub, then you could stop saying anything about the volume of the cabin! :cool:

ACT Audio
11-25-2009, 11:14 AM
A new car is already being built. One with very little cabin airspace. Crx's cost to much and we got the new ride for next to nothing. Our cars are twice as big with half the power and are still kicking yall around lol. Everytime we are louder there is some BS excuse as to why our builds arent good but just look at our scores for this year VS yours and ask yourself if you really want to call us out. The jeep was built in 3 months to go against T.J. when he called us out.All the equipment and setup was also good for stock 601-1800 USACI. Cant wait to see what we do this year. GL boys.

spltuscon
11-25-2009, 11:16 AM
TJ- I'm not worried about my boxes taking the power, glue is stronger than the wood...the problem is that people don't do the joint good enough. I don't have that problem and I'll be amazed if someone manages to break something I built them. You haven't seen everything I've built, I have some with removable/tunable ports...I have all winter to experiment with new stuff too. Just because I do things different from other competitors doesn't make me wrong. Sometimes there's more than one way to accomplish the same thing and I always look for a better way.
Its cool though, doubt is more motivation to do it right!

ACT Audio
11-25-2009, 11:21 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself Dave.

street b explor
11-25-2009, 11:22 AM
And for the record my scores are with 1 DD z1a amp. Only 5k and 2 Batcap 3000's in the back and 1 Batcap 2000 under the hood at 12v. I went to 2 Batcap 8400's in the back in SS no wall and actually did less with 153.9. I was louder then your Yugo with half the power then your 8k that you were bragging you clamped 13k out of and in a car 3X bigger at 40hrtz. Jeep with 2 15's and a 5k VS Yugo with 2 12's and a 8k. You should be louder. If either Nate or T.J. need my help or Daves help we are here for you to get you guys louder. Just call us. Second place aint so bad guys

wow is all i can say its funny how ya speak for Dave and its funny how ya talk to me. first of i was rising all yr to 1.7 ohm that 3 time the rise then i would rise if i was running a strapped amp strapped each amp would see .88 so i was right on par with my dbdrag score of 154.1 for 4k on one 12volt battery. ya i could get more out of the 8k if i cut the box down but alot more work would need to be done. but like i sead in the upper post you all ready know this. or do ya seen how dave built your box and ya that was the first shot at ya.

2nd off ya had a crx and sold it why the jeep was louder or was it ya did not know what to do with it and did not want to look a fool. bro i stated to ya in the upper post it was no disrespect ya never had My # and from the looks of it ya never will as for the 2nd plase ya need to read some stats and see who beat me i dont see you in any of it. As for me and Dave i have no beef just helping out a firend and its not like i did not state any of this to him when he was on my TEAM. 2nd off i thought you built that jeep to gun for me but i never seen ya in drag. so who were ya gunning for ya had no comp and bro im just a lil upset i give ya props and try to tell ya not to take the wrong way buy ya did and the way i see it o well.

its funny how ya work for a shop and have other guys build your **** That Is the 2nd shot.

why dont ya build a real street car and come show me somthing. That is a calling out. that is shot 3.

Team ACT ACT aka Atending class today. You dont want me to come to no wall you will be 3rd then. so if you or your team want advice you can come to school any time its 100 dollars a db.:rolleyes:

SPL Blazer
11-25-2009, 11:27 AM
I've raised the question of using only glue in an enclosure versus glue and screws on this forum in the past, and also Termpro. I have yet to see anyone argue that screws and glue are the best way to go, although this has always been my method of building. I have one of Daves boxes where everything is glued. I'll tell you it was a total ***** tuning that box. I used my Dremel to cut the wall of the port, then tried to bash the remaining piece out with a hammer, it ******. It took me several minutes to get that glued piece of wood to loosen up. I've done the same thing with my screwed and glued boxes and had no problem at all getting the wood to loosen up when I wailed on it with a hammer. Using the glued only method seems to be where it's at for an enclosure. If I had the wood clamps big enough for the job I'd do it that way every time too, but I don't. If your building a wall it may be different, I have no experience at all with walls so I couldn't honestly say.

street b explor
11-25-2009, 11:30 AM
TJ- I'm not worried about my boxes taking the power, glue is stronger than the wood...the problem is that people don't do the joint good enough. I don't have that problem and I'll be amazed if someone manages to break something I built them. You haven't seen everything I've built, I have some with removable/tunable ports...I have all winter to experiment with new stuff too. Just because I do things different from other competitors doesn't make me wrong. Sometimes there's more than one way to accomplish the same thing and I always look for a better way.
Its cool though, doubt is more motivation to do it right!

dave im not knocking ya in any way bro just trying to give ya a lil insight on a true spl box and what ya need to not over look. the main reason no one has had probs is due to the bigger chamber vol when ya start running in the smaller vol boxes will see what im talking about. whats funny is i never ment any one to take it the wrong way just trying to help out and give a lil insight from yrs of doing so.

I guess this is why none of the old guys help out the new guys some times they think they know it all but yet have no expereanced it yet i guess when it happens you will thank me. its all good.

street b explor
11-25-2009, 11:36 AM
I've raised the question of using only glue in an enclosure versus glue and screws on this forum in the past, and also Termpro. I have yet to see anyone argue that screws and glue are the best way to go, although this has always been my method of building. I have one of Daves boxes where everything is glued. I'll tell you it was a total ***** tuning that box. I used my Dremel to cut the wall of the port, then tried to bash the remaining piece out with a hammer, it ******. It took me several minutes to get that glued piece of wood to loosen up. I've done the same thing with my screwed and glued boxes and had no problem at all getting the wood to loosen up when I wailed on it with a hammer. Using the glued only method seems to be where it's at for an enclosure. If I had the wood clamps big enough for the job I'd do it that way every time too, but I don't. If your building a wall it may be different, I have no experience at all with walls so I couldn't honestly say.

i here ya buddy but look at all the street guys in drag and show me one guy besides dave that uses just glue and then ask all the guys in street why they dont do so some will say it takes to long to dry but the real guys will tell ya in smaller spl boxes ya blow them apart look at the crx boxes and look at the over kill in screws why. look at the dub layer in the box why guess some will have to find out like i sead Take advice no matter if its good or if you think its bad cause one day you will need to look back to see where ya went wrong and ya i had no one to help me i did it all my self and for thoughs of ya that really know me i did the hard way.

ACT Audio
11-25-2009, 11:41 AM
T.J. glue is stronger then screws and yes Dave built Chris' box and if you had Dave build your box you be louder then the 154 you've been hitting for the past 4 years. Give credit where it's due.

SPL Blazer
11-25-2009, 11:55 AM
If I was gonna have a serious power type sub enclosure and had the clamps to do it, I'd definitely look into doing all glue and no screws. A double wall all around too, and a good coating of resin all over the inside. Using screws is a good option for a test box, but if using a really good glue instead of both will make the box louder, than thats the way to go. I never really looked at the actual make up of the crx enclosures, at least not the Canadian guys that I've seen. If they used a lot of screws it's not a surprise, I've always used screws myself, but if using only glue is the better way then I want to learn something new and experiment with it. Using screws is much faster cause you don't have to wait for the glue to set, but how many people build an enclosure at the show, most of us have it built and ready to go before we get there, so using screws for that reason is pointless.

street b explor
11-25-2009, 12:08 PM
first off im doing 55+ with one amp and the right imp rise and with two amps and .88 rise i have seen 157s on the glass. Just a lil advice the box i redid for the current USA record holder will not hold up to just glue it was dub layerd and used 3in screws and glue and was still ******* un done when i first got it. and in this class you can only use 2 amps s I will give credit where its due maybe you should as well I never knocked dave and if ya read and think what i stated it was credit for what he has done and to chris as well but you know a lil flap of the lip and wow there is your sighn. I was not the one in fourm braging no one was comp this yr. to be honest he was not comp for me why hes not in my class. if he was he would be built for street b in drag just like i was not built for usaci i was just haven fun but next yr will be diffrent. The thing is some peopel just like you take the credit out of content. I never knocked any one just stated the facts.

If you dont like it im sorry just trying to do my part as a Vet helping the new grow.
i guess ill just sit back and watch how people stack up next yr then laugh when they eat there words. this always seems to happen im going to bo this and that and they never do it lol its perdictable like always.

CRXBMPN
11-25-2009, 12:11 PM
we all see the few who frequent this forum but what about the other guys who will be doing heavy shows next yr?

can anyone name some and what class they are projected to be in?

Jason :cool:

street b explor
11-25-2009, 12:27 PM
ill be in street a-b drag this is my main gole stock in Nespl and uscai prostock 0-600

spltuscon
11-25-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm building one now that will be in Stock 3. A new guy (and I mean really new) that will be a heavy hitter if he follows through with the equipment he has picked.

Bill G. will be a big hitter next season too...he already has the subs he needs, just needs the amps and we need to build a new box or wall to match his new goals. If we don't wall it and I don't think we will, he will be in No-wall also.

I am talking to a few NH guys that have big plans but are new and haven't fully committed yet, but there is potential for Stock 1, 2 and maybe another stock 3.

I have no idea about myself, I'm focusing on helping other competitors and growing my business to support my family. I'm sure I'll compete in Stock classes but I don't commit to a specific one, cause I have fun trying different setups.

SPL Blazer
11-25-2009, 12:39 PM
Well I can't really do any NESPL classes for obvious reasons. For Drags I think I'll stick with just doing Bass Race. USACi, I could care less about. TNESPL I'll be looking into the WooferCooker Pro 1 class. And whatever Stock 1 classes come up wit independent shows and SlapShows.

SPL Blazer
11-25-2009, 12:44 PM
Like Dave was saying, there should be some loud guys coming out of NH in 2010. The guys from Team Amplified Impressions have a new TermLab and have already started doing their testing for next season. A few of them are already looking into some bigger equipment too, so we'll have to wait and see who actually gets loud in 2010. 2010 will definitely be a much bigger year for New England, with all the rookies that came out this year and kept coming out and with some veterans coming out again it's gonna be a great season. When we run some of the TNESPL shows there will also be some of the loud guys in NY coming out here too.

CRXBMPN
11-25-2009, 12:59 PM
t.j. i may need some new subs to test, but i want to try out that box we talked about yesterday and see if there is any potential in it, with only 5,000w or so (two 2500d's @ .33ea). batteries are a must too...

<--- stock 3

anyone know where I can refinance my soul? I need some play money and the devil can have it :evil:

street b explor
11-25-2009, 01:05 PM
lol i have some dd subs ya can play with and some new dc sub as well talk i have some pics for ya as well. check your mail in a few min.

CRXBMPN
11-25-2009, 01:41 PM
i've been checking my mail and like what the contents are :)
sounds like we got some hard headed people in here! I love it!
reminds me of my good old italian family shouting over each other to talk because noone will back down even one volume click!

CRXBMPN
11-25-2009, 01:46 PM
hi Mike :wave: how you doin? I am such a loser, my awesome 3rd place trophy is still there at your place :laugh:

street b explor
11-25-2009, 02:10 PM
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/3301/1561/8250780322_large.jpg
pic of whole box with sides

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/3301/1561/8250780323_large.jpg
pic of the side

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/3301/1561/8250780319_large.jpg
pick of box with back chamber.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/3301/1561/8250780325_large.jpg

pic with subs

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/3301/1561/8250780327_large.jpg

pic of the box done

ok i have a ? for Dave here is a band pass box i built how do ya think glue will work here i know what happens to 1/4 in of resin in the bottom of the box and the box is 1.5 in thick

spltuscon
11-25-2009, 02:18 PM
Glue would work fine for everything except whatever panel needs to be removable. I know because I built a single 15 bandpass with only glue joints and it held just fine. I'm telling you if you do the joint correct it won't break...but very few people do the joints the right way and that's the problem.
I don't care if no one else on the planet can make it work...I can ;)

street b explor
11-25-2009, 02:34 PM
ok cool just asking i dont think it would seeing what i have seen. ya might want to look at the pics a lil more. but if ya can get it to work cool you will never change my mind. sorry bro. even ca glue that is 4500lbs per sq in brakes. :)

street b explor
11-25-2009, 02:38 PM
http://www.routerbits.com/cgi-routerbits/sr.cgi?1259177775_14555+73

http://www.routerbits.com/cgi-routerbits/sr.cgi?1259177827_14866+74

ya i been playing to and im not sure even this will work for the box pressures i see.

spltuscon
11-25-2009, 03:12 PM
I'm sure those would both work good since I usually do butt joints and they're very strong. I think people should use whatever works for them...I don't encourage people to use my method...it took me a long time and a hefty investment in tools/clamps to master it. I continue to learn as I go and maybe I'll find even better methods...who knows

street b explor
11-25-2009, 04:17 PM
i here ya and i respect that ya i blew the baffle on that box and took out the deck screws and the glue joint. i have also been thinking on playing with.
http://www.routerbits.com/cgi-routerbits/sr.cgi?1259181994_20299+12
can get a bridg port lol just needs a phase converter.

no dis respect bro. just asking? i will say this if you can get glue to stay locked with a butt joit in .4 cubs ea thats the **** But that is going be hard with out bracing and corners its going to be tough just with 4k to the sub thats alot of pressure being done in .4 ea just think of what 8-10k will do.

I started some outter space building this week have lots of glass work to do will shot ya some pics when in the range of being done is lots of work wow.

Got to get my router table to gether. get some of the stupid work done quick.

boom24
11-25-2009, 04:47 PM
u all are a bunch off big mouths how about we all go into 1 class next year and see who is louder...that would settel all this bs you all have big mouths but have nothing to back it....f#%^ what you say its what you do

ACT Audio
11-25-2009, 04:50 PM
Can anyone tell me in their opinion what the top SPL cars to use in the stock classes and why?

sikcavy
11-25-2009, 04:53 PM
i plan on competing in stock 1/street a... if i ever get my **** amp back from db-r, i can actually get some **** done.. :/ goin on 2 months.

ACT Audio
11-25-2009, 04:57 PM
LMAO bring it Dave!! Atleast you'll give us some comp. You and your funny little Boston accent and your loud caas

boom24
11-25-2009, 04:59 PM
iam calling you all out as big mouths....what u gunna do????

espacilly TEAM XLA SEE U BOYS NEXT YEAR

boom24
11-25-2009, 05:00 PM
LMAO bring it Dave!! Atleast you'll give us some comp. You and your funny little Boston accent and your loud caas

I LOVE U ACT AUDIO...CRIS WILL GET HIS

boom24
11-25-2009, 05:02 PM
Glue would work fine for everything except whatever panel needs to be removable. I know because I built a single 15 bandpass with only glue joints and it held just fine. I'm telling you if you do the joint correct it won't break...but very few people do the joints the right way and that's the problem.
I don't care if no one else on the planet can make it work...I can ;)

AND DAVE U BUILD SOME BAD *** BOXES URE A GRATE GUY AND NOT A BIG MOUTH I RESPECT U AND UR WORK AND I HOPE ALL GOES GOOD FOR YOU

ACT Audio
11-25-2009, 05:08 PM
I LOVE U ACT AUDIO...CRIS WILL GET HIS NEW WHIP SUNDAY

When I get my *** toys is no concern to you David.

boom24
11-25-2009, 05:11 PM

well we can try them out together

boom24
11-25-2009, 05:22 PM
come on guys what i shut you all up?????

boom24
11-25-2009, 05:22 PM

u all have grate asses

boom24
11-25-2009, 05:24 PM
and team xla cris only used 1 amp to beat you

street b explor
11-25-2009, 05:37 PM
wow what is it i go work on my new toy to **** some lil prick in the *** and its a big orgy going on in here hummmmmmm see you all in the lain next yr come play in a/b/ill even play in c no wall well that could be fun but mony is tight to tow. well back to work so i can do what needs to be done test test test.

Na you did not scare us off i just could care less. lots of hard feelings between us and none of them good. so with on that off to testing.

ACT Audio
11-25-2009, 05:40 PM
Aren't they teaching spelling in school. Lain = Lane!

manny1337
11-25-2009, 05:45 PM
is there a site for the ne shows? id like to check one out, maybe even see how the poor ol hdc3 does lol

street b explor
11-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Aren't they teaching spelling in school. Lain = Lane!

no they arent. They are teaching me how to hook your vibrator to 480. hows that :veryhapp:

boom24
11-25-2009, 05:57 PM
no they arent. They are teaching me how to hook your vibrator to 480. hows that :veryhapp:

your wife loves it

ACT Audio
11-25-2009, 05:57 PM
haha

ACT Audio
11-25-2009, 06:13 PM
your wife loves it You swore you'd never bring up my vibrator. You pinky swore on isle 8 at V.I.P. Your a liar lmao.

TeamElite-Mike
11-25-2009, 06:14 PM
You swore you'd never bring up my vibrator. You pinky swore on isle 8 at V.I.P. Your a liar lmao.

I thought he was bringing up the vibrator and you were bringing up the ky :confused:

ACT Audio
11-25-2009, 06:26 PM
He dont need lube trust me. It's all over the internet...he's all used up but he's my ***** so I gotta love him.

street b explor
11-25-2009, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by street b explor
no they arent. They are teaching me how to hook your vibrator to 480. hows that

your wife loves it

sub amp-20k watts
subs-3 12in dc lvl 4xls
audio
wireing-knu-batts nsb 3100kinetick 2400
hit a 150.9 @47hrz

TEAM DM

bought from- streetbeater07 / mobeious / wu501/Bender-Offender
sold to-{:C:} /dacheatham /uglydimple12/
( scamers lexani2002(FROSTYZ3, RYAN CHRISITIANSON )
traded with-f150john

so dont your moms.;) i told here to stay home tonight cause 6 days a week is enough i have to work on my new set up.

street b explor
11-25-2009, 06:41 PM
You swore you'd never bring up my vibrator. You pinky swore on isle 8 at V.I.P. Your a liar lmao.

;):crazy:

spltuscon
11-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you have a good holiday :)

street b explor
11-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you have a good holiday :)

You to bro eat good. and spend time family.

Mr. Slate
11-25-2009, 10:29 PM

Dude do me and yourself a favor. When you're responding to me please do it before you get high. They say drugs can give you a false sense of courage. A lot of young dudes around my way smoke "Illy" (marijuana laced with embolming(sp) fluid) before they go out and shoot somebody.
Now I'll take the liberty to clarify a couple of your drug induced statements:
1. Dan Allard wouldn't disrespect me like you are stating especially when I just spoke to him recently. Would you like his number?
2.When did you talk to 420 considering that you just met them at the last show. BTW wasn't it me who introduced them to you?
3. The current TL sensor came out in 2004. That 54 is a little off. I did a 55.6 that year on the current sensor sealed.
Please for your sake, let's not let this get out of hand. I thought we were cool but if your want to play these games........
As I stated to you before, I'm not from Vernon/Rockville. I'm not that type of suburban black that you are accustomed to.
BTW, I called you on the phone so man up and call me back so that we can discuss this mano y mano.

loudmofo
11-25-2009, 11:06 PM
Dude do me and yourself a favor. When you're responding to me please do it before you get high. They say drugs can give you a false sense of courage. A lot of young dudes around my way smoke "Illy" (marijuana laced with embolming(sp) fluid) before they go out and shoot somebody.
1. Dan Allard wouldn't disrespect me like you are stating especially when I just spoke to him recently. Would you like his number?
2.When did you talk to 420 considering that you just met them at the last show. BTW wasn't it me who introduced them to you?
3. The current TL sensor came out in 2004. That 54 is a little off. I did a 55.6 that year on the current sensor sealed.
Please for your sake, let's not let this get out of hand. I thought we were cool but if your want to play these games........
As I stated to you before, I'm not from Vernon/Rockville. I'm not that type of suburban black that you are accustomed to.
BTW, I called you on the phone so man up and call me back so that we can discuss this mano y mano.

i think he ment me sorry when chris come over my house we talked about him getting roo to do a build for him and i pasted the message that was all if chris is still looking into this call me cause roo can do it for what we said.

BassBrawlinBill
11-26-2009, 12:32 AM
wow look what you started Steve lol. I don't log on to this site for a couple days and found this ****! This thread was some fun reading, I just wish I made some popcorn before finding it! All this "banter" is great for the game.

I already knew SPL was going to explode next year but now I couldn't be more certain.

As Dave correctly stated I will be running ss/nw or possibly a wall, our termlab will end up deciding for me. If I wall it off I'm getting 2 more subs to match my current ones. We are gonna find out how much power Dave's enclosures will handle and put all the questions and subjection to rest! Hell, we are gonna find out how much my car and subs can handle. I'm not much for talking when it comes to what I'll do in the lanes, really all that matters to me is that every single competition I gain on the meter. That said a few people know my DB goal and I assure you I will attain it no matter what it takes. I'd say what it is but I'd rather not let everyone know what they have to beat, not yet anyways. Not that wins really matter that much to me (I have found that if I focus on getting louder every week the wins take care of themselves anyway) what matters to me is being respected. While I def. don't consider myself loud this coming season I hope to be considered one loud azz rookie by the guys I respect when all is said and done.

Dave, what do ya think am I gonna pull off my DB goal? I do know we are going to have a ton of fun finding out what your box's can handle for power. Time for some new suspension for my 2 seat TC. The only thing I am not looking forward to next season is what kind of gas milage I'm gonna get with number of batteries I have to add :-(

Besides not being built yet I really wish the 2010 season started tomorrow ****it! :verymad:

Happy Turkey day everyone, be safe if you have to drive. And good luck to everyone on your builds for 2010, get loud and proud. The stiffer the competition the more fun and motivating it is!

boom24
11-26-2009, 09:26 AM
well if anyone has a personal prob with what i said...think about it iam just speaking the truth so maybe you should sit down with your family today and ask them if you fit in to what i said if you dont have a grate holiday and wish you all good on the off season and good luck next year in the lane

Team XLA Bonnie
11-26-2009, 01:00 PM
Truth Dave what is the truth. the fact of T.j helping you out with your build. Then stabbing him in the back. he gave you and mike the up most respect. And helped ya with everything ya did this yr. Did ya finally tell mike the truth about why he did not go to finals how ya lied to both Tj and Him on what happened.

Just goes to show ya how much of a team player you were. And to believe That this whole fight started with Tj trying to help ya out what a two face *** you turned out to be.

ACT Audio
11-26-2009, 09:07 PM

1- Sure..... I know my number is right.......
2- we met them during the summer and had many conversations over the summer
3- the current TL was modified at WF2007. Did u know that?

BTW- sorry Bro but you ain't got my #. I keep it for local druggies only

Mr. Slate
11-26-2009, 11:35 PM
No it wasn't modified in 2007. The hole was made bigger that's about it That sensor has been out for years. Would you like a confirmation from Wayne Harris?
As you can see, ACT Audio has a real good rep. now. In two short years you've managed to become the new assholes. Not too many people like you punks. You're kinda the country version of Kumar.
All you punks can go screw yourselves or each other. I'll be happy to tell you all to your face. I'm gonna show you another side of Nice.
You always see me by myself, I don't need a team.
Now if I did bring a team, they would be the kind to take your cars right from you.

SPL Blazer
11-27-2009, 11:24 AM
3- the current TL was modified at WF2007.

What do you mean by modified, are you referring to a change in K factors in the new sensors? Or something else?

CRXBMPN
11-27-2009, 11:32 AM
I was just looking at Manny's TermPro page and the TL has been out since 02

NOTE: Career SPL scores are only calculated for events after 2002 (Sensors).

street b explor
11-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Nate also was on the term lab the current one when he did that 55.6
3rd off there were no mod's to the sensor its the update to the soft ware and this is only for the promoters and its the same k factors as they al ways been 178, 177.8, 177.9 nothing new on that the tightest sensor is the 177.8 and they even have a older one that is tighter then this. bob p and Manny still have there's i sold mine way back dumb *** should have keep it I have been on all 4 of them.

My current loudest # on the glass is certified 154.1 dbdrag not at a Steve show and the night befor the show tested a 154.56 and backed it as well. but i have seen a 155.4 to 157.8 in a two amp app This is in a Street B app one battery car off

The only changes i have seen to the sensor is to date the hole in it witch don't do ****. know they just put a filter to filter the bs out of it.

and i talk to Wayne once a month. there is a usb version and the older one like mine that is powered and then the first Gen so with this know ya know.

ACT Audio
11-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Funny thing Nate is maybe if you had a team you'd be louder. I'm not here to be liked I'm here to put you back into retirement. You avoid going against me since I beat you in street beat 4 two years ago. Just like when you said you'd beat me in New Jersey and never showed up. If your that good and I dont know jack then pick a class to build for and I'll do the same class as you. As usual you'll do alot of talking but not alot of bumping. You sir have a nice day :)

Mr. Slate
11-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Nice how you can use your bosses computer while your at work. If you were a decent competitor, I would honor your request but I don't recognize cheaters.
You should have been in prostock but you ran because you didn't want to go against TJ and the last few shows you ran 16 volts in a stock class. You even changed your class when the dude beat your score at the second to last ATD show. BTW, ATD is a quality car audio shop, much nicer then the one you work at. Their installers are all certified. They don't hire hacks such as yourself because the owner is their boy.
No matter how old it may be, I'm a National Champion something you will never be. You could never do a 55.6 sealed Kumar Jr.
How did you beat me 2 years ago, I never competed in SB 3. Not only are you a cheat, but a lying cheat.

Listen lying cheat, you get no respect from me.

Johnny Law.Lulz
11-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Nice how you can use your bosses computer while your at work. If you were a decent competitor, I would honor your request but I don't recognize cheaters.
You should have been in prostock but you ran because you didn't want to go against TJ and the last few shows you ran 16 volts in a stock class. You even changed your class when the dude beat your score.
No matter how old it may be, I'm a National Champion something you will never be. You could never do a 55.6 sealed Kumar Jr.
How did you beat me 2 years ago, I never competed in SB 3. Not only are you a cheat, but a lying cheat.

Listen lying cheat, you get no respect from me.

We need an "oh ****" smiley

ACT Audio
11-27-2009, 03:54 PM
A real Champion would except the challenge. What do have to lose? My grocery getter is louder than your walled van. Man up or shut up.

ACT Audio
11-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Anyone can say someones cheating. If I cheated you should protest. Anyone louder then you you claim they're cheating. Sounds like your being a typical hood beeotch! Stop making chit up and grow a pair and compete.

Mr. Slate
11-27-2009, 04:09 PM
I'm not like your idol Kumar, a snitch. I don't have to protest you, you are not nor will you ever be a threat to me in any class I'm in.
Instead of buying equipement from Mike you should have bought his Jeep. You had the equipement to go in it.
Just another stupid rookie mistake.
You know when your on drugs, you don't make good decisions. I know this guy from east bum f u c k who took a hit, past out and woke up with a stupid tattoo covering half his face. You know him?

ACT Audio
11-27-2009, 05:00 PM
OMG you know Mike Tyson too?

ACT Audio
11-27-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm not a threat to you cuz you run like an Ethopian from a lion. Not my choice to not buy Mike's jeep. He offered it to a friend first which is the right thing to do. No hard feelings. If you had friends that weren't in prison they might do that stuff for you too.

Mr. Slate
11-27-2009, 05:18 PM
I'm not a threat to you cuz you run like an Ethopian from a lion. Not my choice to not buy Mike's jeep. He offered it to a friend first which is the right thing to do. No hard feelings. If you had friends that weren't in prison they might do that stuff for you too.
Non of my friends are in prison. Here we go again, because I'm black I have to have friends in prison?
Does your black team mate know your fealings about blacks?

Didn't you tell me you told Mike to hold it for you because you were planning on getting it? Then the next thing you know, he had sold it to Keith.
Mike sold it to the firs available buyer, he didn't exclusively sell it to Keith because they were friends, business is business.

BTW, since you wan't to talk about prison, what's your CJIS #?
Your boss better watch his inventory, friend or not.

ACT Audio
11-27-2009, 05:32 PM
LMAO WTF is a cjis? Your confusing me with your " Gangsta" talk. Dont worry about my cars just get yours out of the inpound and throw some chains on your amp and call it a comp car.

Mr. Slate
11-27-2009, 05:56 PM
Again, because I'm black my car is in inpound. This is coming from the "OFFICIAL ACT AUDIO BUSINESS NAME" so I guess Adam shares this centiment also.
Just so you know, I am a life long member of the NAACP, and a childhood friend of the current State President who I just emailed him this thread.
Wouldn't be hard to arrange for a press conference followed by a boycott of ACT audio for the racial centiments.
I know Adam may only have a couple of minority customers, and they say that bad press can be good press but I gaurantee Adam doesn't want this type of press.

I know you're on the computer at his place of business becuase your logged in under his NAME and not yours.

Mr. Slate
11-27-2009, 05:57 PM
CJIS # is your inmate number but most inmates don't know the term, CJIS. Sorry for using that termanology.

street b explor
11-27-2009, 06:00 PM
his is 420 lol

SICK GV
11-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Your such a queermosexual. Nothing in this thread mentions color except your comments. Any educated person reading this will agree. I think the only person who has the issue with you being black is you apparently. Its your answer to everything. And please stop with this man crush you got on me. 3 years straight is kinda freakin me out.

Mr. Slate
11-27-2009, 06:03 PM
Connecticut inmate numbers have 6 didgets(sp).

SICK GV
11-27-2009, 06:03 PM
his is 420 lol
LMAO...its a true story.

Mr. Slate
11-27-2009, 06:07 PM
We'll let the good citizens of this state decide if your comments on ACT AUDIO's computer are racially inflammatory.
If you weren't on ACT AUDIO's computer, you wouldn't have logged in under your name now.

street b explor
11-27-2009, 06:10 PM
only prob is that shwag is mixing with your ego hes jonsen nothing new.

SICK GV
11-27-2009, 06:25 PM
lol that might be true T.J. Nate you sound about as retarded as Rev. Jesse Jackson right now. Can you afford a lawyer to proceed with this? I dont think you have enough money left on your E.B.T. card. You spent it all on your amps lmao

CRXBMPN
11-27-2009, 06:32 PM
I'm member #1 of my NAACP :confused:

The National Association Of Awesomely Cool People :cool: <--- see? cooooooooool

loudmofo
11-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Non of my friends are in prison. Here we go again, because I'm black I have to have friends in prison?
Does your black team mate know your fealings about blacks?

Didn't you tell me you told Mike to hold it for you because you were planning on getting it? Then the next thing you know, he had sold it to Keith.
Mike sold it to the firs available buyer, he didn't exclusively sell it to Keith because they were friends, business is business.

BTW, since you wan't to talk about prison, what's your CJIS #?
Your boss better watch his inventory, friend or not.

wrong answer i sold it cause we all talked it over and keith and mike are kool as **** and and me bob and roo thought it would be best i even sold it for $700 less casue i wanted keith to run it local FYI.

ACT Audio
11-27-2009, 08:22 PM
wrong answer i sold it cause we all talked it over and keith and mike are kool as **** and and me bob and roo thought it would be best i even sold it for $700 less casue i wanted keith to run it local FYI.

FINALLY, "AND THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE"

RACIAL COMMENTS, WHERE? THERE'S NOTHING THERE EXCEPT YOU MAKING SUGGESTIVE COMMENTS.

CHRIS WILL SAY WHAT HE WANTS, ITS ACTUALLY FUNNY TO ME.... LMAO

boom24
11-28-2009, 07:13 AM
wow

SPL Blazer
11-28-2009, 01:44 PM
It's still early, but who in New England is actually planning to make a run for Drags Finals in 2010?

I know Mike from Renots will be going, who else? If there are enough people looking to go then I'll see about getting more than 1 dB Drags 1X going around here. Otherwise I'll focus on something better, like TNESPL and NESPL shows.

ACT Audio
11-28-2009, 02:31 PM
Chris wants to do DB Drag finals but besides that most of our builds and efforts will be with NESPL. We still love the idea of an end of the year regional event with NESPL & TNESPL.

spltuscon
11-28-2009, 02:47 PM
I seriously doubt I'll bother...but I'm down for the NESPL/TNESPL finals wherever it is.

SPL Blazer
11-28-2009, 03:11 PM
A joint finals or regionals would be pretty cool. The TNESPL finals was in August this year, thats way too early for me to end a season. If we had a location big enough to pull it off, we could pull off a TNESPL 3X and a NESPL show at the same location, maybe.

boom24
11-28-2009, 03:23 PM
It's still early, but who in New England is actually planning to make a run for Drags Finals in 2010?

I know Mike from Renots will be going, who else? If there are enough people looking to go then I'll see about getting more than 1 dB Drags 1X going around here. Otherwise I'll focus on something better, like TNESPL and NESPL shows.

iam planning on it for next year

SPL Blazer
11-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Ok, so it looks like 3 people say they plan on it.

SICK GV
11-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Hey Steve, T.J. mentioned a good idea to us awhile back about getting an indoor spot at the Big E. Its perfect for what we need it for and from what I hear the price is fair.

SPL Blazer
11-28-2009, 05:36 PM
I thought about something like that for out here. There's a huge fairground near me that has some bike shows and flea markets when the Topsfield Fair isn't happening. I haven't checked out the pricing on it, not sure if I ever will. Hooking up with a car show has the advantage of not having to pay fee's, usually. Getting a show at a fairground will incur some fee's, and between those and the other costs it's not always worth it to host a show.

SICK GV
11-28-2009, 06:16 PM
I was thinking that a membership fee for competitors would help a little with that. Either way I'm sure everyone one this site would love to have a north east finals event.

SPL Blazer
11-28-2009, 09:06 PM
I was thinking that a membership fee for competitors would help a little with that. Either way I'm sure everyone one this site would love to have a north east finals event.

If thats the case then your in luck, cause TNESPL has a membership fee and a Finals.......and you won't have to drive to Tulsa OK for it.

splmegavan
11-29-2009, 03:23 AM
me and my team r down for the finals, i will be getting the membership for tnespl, it would be awesome to have a north east finals.

street b explor
11-29-2009, 09:11 AM
I wont be going to finals this yr ill be going to the finals over seas a north east finals would be cool.

also ill be helping the guys on the team out this yr and be doing very lil shows this yr comp wise ill be out there to support the team My team. I have plans for 2011 that will be catastrophic. And The yugo is for sale 4k with boxes and runs and battery and blocks 77k in motor and body just did clutch wiper arms all around ex head gasket and belts new high amp alt with external reg. and new fule pump car is very dependable and sweet on gas. ya plans are real big for 2011. School is my main thing this yr. so there will be no excuse from any of ya when i come back in 2011 and hand ya your ***.

spltuscon
11-29-2009, 09:31 AM
Steve, is there going to be enough TNESPL shows in NE that we can get enough points for finals? It looks like 5pts for entering and 5 for first place, so the max per show is 10 (unless it was a multi-pointer) and you need 80 for finals.

SPL Blazer
11-29-2009, 10:54 AM
I'll be running a few 1X shows, and either I'll do a multi point show or two, or ThorsHammer will. He's already said he'd be willing to come out and do one. I'll be heading out to NY in January to sit down with the big guys from TNESPL and discuss the next season. Well try and get enough going that people can get their points by hitting the shows in New England, if anyone misses a show here they can always drive out to one of the other multi point shows in NY to make up for any needed points. We'll make sure everyone gets their points. In 2009 there were guys hitting the Drags Finals that had to drive out to Buffalo NY, Carlisle PA, and even Maryland just to get their points, thats dedication, we'll make it easier for the TNESPL finals and keep as many shows local as possible, but it also won't kill anyone to make a drive to NY for a show or two.

spltuscon
11-29-2009, 11:26 AM
Yeah I don't mind going out once for a multi-pointer and then for finals, just didn't want an 8hr one-way drive every other week...lol
Should be a very good season with a lot of people coming out strong :)

SPL Blazer
11-29-2009, 11:34 AM
I think it would be a good thing to have those planning on hitting the TNESPL Finals make a drive out to NY for a multi point show before they go out for Finals, that will separate the men from the boys. We'll just make sure it's not on the same weekend as one of the NESPL, Drags or even one of those SlapShow shows. We'll have to do it on a USACi weekend, lol.

SICK GV
11-29-2009, 12:08 PM
I like where your heads at Steve lol. By the way any insight on class changes for 2010. I got a MAJOR build going on with multiple competitors helping me out and we kinda need some direction. P.M. me when you get a chance. I dont want to waste any time or money building just to tear down and start over. That stuff makes me shed tears lol

SPL Blazer
11-29-2009, 12:18 PM
I'll say the only major change will be dropping the Stock 4 class and adding a third Amateur class. Stock 3 will most likely be 281+ Sq In. The other classes will stay.

SICK GV
11-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Thats perfect. Im done with Stock 3 unless Kaspar beats my numbers. We are building for SS no wall. Hopefully some other teams will build for this class as well.

SPL Blazer
11-29-2009, 12:32 PM
There are a couple people that are building for that class, so you won't be alone. What I'm thinking of doing is putting an amp limit on that class. Something like 4 mono amps, or 8 mono amps if strapped.

loudmofo
11-29-2009, 01:19 PM
all the stock classes should have limits on power and subs like drag

loudmofo
11-29-2009, 01:24 PM
also all your shows need the slamming bass as a part of them reasons i didnt really come out to shows of yours must didnt offer this not a great idea if you plan of a finals plus music is what brings out new comers not spl anymore .

SPL Blazer
11-29-2009, 05:17 PM
also all your shows need the slamming bass as a part of them reasons i didnt really come out to shows of yours must didnt offer this not a great idea if you plan of a finals plus music is what brings out new comers not spl anymore .

I wanted to have Slammin at more shows this season, but because of time limits it wasn't going to work. Unfortunately it takes forever to get the 1st person to finally come up to make their run and get things going. We'll definitely be running it at a lot more shows in 2010. Some shows like the Boomer McLoud night shows won't work, we only have 2-3 hours to get all the SPL done, but some of the other shows should work out better.

SPL Blazer
11-29-2009, 05:21 PM
all the stock classes should have limits on power and subs like drag

I will actually be posting a new thread on here just for the 2010 rules and class changes. Just something to get some input from the competitors. Ultimately NESPL will have the final word, but we do want to get some feedback on the proposed changes. I should have this going in the next couple weeks. The Stock and Amateur classes will have sub limits, the Amateur does have power limits too. We'll actually be basing them closer to the TNESPL classes than Drags, since most competitors going to Drags Finals will be in No Wall and Super Stock, not the Stock class.

splmegavan
11-29-2009, 08:50 PM
yeeah like in tnespl there woofercooker 3 class would b in comparison to stock 3 which is like steve was saying 281+ they also have a limit on power which makes it fair you must keeep it under 5000 watts for that class, cant wait for the rule thread to be posted i gotta figure out what im doing for next year, i hope stock 3 has almost the rules of woofercooker 3 otherwise ill b non walled going againt people with walls and much more power, me and my team will be hitting 2 of the tnespl shows in ny, to qulaify for pts, and any of there shows around here. this season is going to be awesome nespl & tnespl are the places to compete

ecac06
11-30-2009, 02:22 AM
im runung 6 12's in a sealed trunk what class would i do well in???

SICK GV
11-30-2009, 08:59 AM
6 12's in a trunk? Thats interesting. What kind of car do you have and how much power? NESPL has amateur classes. If not that class then Stock 4 or 5 Im guessing.

CRXBMPN
11-30-2009, 11:06 AM
NESPL doesnt have a stock 4 or 5 any more... sounds like you'll be in a no wall or Stock 3+ aka Stock 281+ :confused:

SPL Blazer
11-30-2009, 12:07 PM
With 6 12's in your Caprice it would depend on how much power your running, you could try the Amateur/Rookie 3 class, or the Stock 3/Woofer Cooker 3 class.

ecac06
12-01-2009, 03:23 AM
_______

ecac06
12-01-2009, 03:36 AM
what is a woofer Cooker 3 class???? lol

right now im doing 1000.1
might do another next year but not sure yet

x1le
12-01-2009, 09:31 AM
Lookin forward to hopefully hitting a bunch of these shows next year! :D

splmegavan
12-01-2009, 11:54 AM
what is a woofer Cooker 3 class???? lol

right now im doing 1000.1
might do another next year but not sure yet

woofer cooker 3 is tnespl's version of stock 3, its 281 sq inch + and 5000 watt limit,

CRXBMPN
12-01-2009, 12:31 PM
sounds like to stay in stock 3 i must use only two 2500d's, si?
and is there still the three batt limit?

SPL Blazer
12-01-2009, 02:08 PM
The limits on that class and the others will be announced later.

CRXBMPN
12-01-2009, 02:52 PM
thank you good sir
as always.

thorshammer1
12-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Ooooo I cant wait to get out to your neck of the woods!

Steve I was promoted to a 3x Judge for 2010. So if we want to help with points I'm down for the cause! Also multi point events are limited by region. Seeings as you will be in a new region you should be able to throw at least 2 if not 3 multi's.

I like the idea of some of you guys coming out for a multi before Finals. I will have a 3x TNESPL/2x Drag/and 2x Bassrace on June 28th! My 3rd Annual St. Judes Charity Event. This would be a great time of the year to gauge your build against others in your class.

Just to give you guys an example of what to expect...The last show we had a record breaking 5 classes with 150+. WC1,2,3, WCPro and Pro No Wall.

splmegavan
12-01-2009, 03:10 PM
Ooooo I cant wait to get out to your neck of the woods!

Steve I was promoted to a 3x Judge for 2010. So if we want to help with points I'm down for the cause! Also multi point events are limited by region. Seeings as you will be in a new region you should be able to throw at least 2 if not 3 multi's.

I like the idea of some of you guys coming out for a multi before Finals. I will have a 3x TNESPL/2x Drag/and 2x Bassrace on June 28th! My 3rd Annual St. Judes Charity Event. This would be a great time of the year to gauge your build against others in your class.

Just to give you guys an example of what to expect...The last show we had a record breaking 5 classes with 150+. WC1,2,3, WCPro and Pro No Wall.

wheres that show going to be for st judes, definatley down to hit that up

thorshammer1
12-01-2009, 03:12 PM
wheres that show going to be for st judes, definatley down to hit that up

It will be here in Auburn, NY. Steve made the trip last yr but his truck broke down.:(

CRXBMPN
12-01-2009, 03:55 PM
I dont know what would be scarier...

me finishing a build actually or testing my 201k CRX in a 10 hour trip each way to NEW YAWK!

SPL Blazer
12-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Auburn Sounds good to me, I'll mark that one down on my calender.

splmegavan
12-02-2009, 07:29 AM
hell yeah im down for that show, its for a good cause and should be a good showing

SPL Blazer
12-02-2009, 10:17 AM
For those wanting to hit the TNESPL finals you will have to buy a membership before the season starts up. Team NorthEast SPL also has their own forums, check it out and sign up, let them know who they can expect in 2010.

TeamNortheastSPL.com/ (http://teamnortheastspl.com/)

Team NorthEast SPL Forums (http://teamnortheastspl.aceboard.com)

SPL Blazer
12-30-2009, 04:35 PM
Also multi point events are limited by region. Seeings as you will be in a new region you should be able to throw at least 2 if not 3 multi's.

I will have a 3x TNESPL/2x Drag/and 2x Bassrace on June 28th! My 3rd Annual St. Judes Charity Event. This would be a great time of the year to gauge your build against others in your class.

5 classes with scores over 150 is pretty decent for sure. I'm willing to bet that didn't include the loud ones from North of the border.

Hmm, 2 multi point shows, we'll have to look into that one. We should have several shows being run alongside car shows and a multipoint would be sweet. It's not set in stone yet, but we should be doing the Dreamz II Reality show in CT on May 16th, they had plenty of room if we were to make that one a multi point show. That one is always a charity show too, Kinetik helped out with that show last season. It's early in the season for a multi point show, but it's one of the better locations that we'll have available.

thorshammer1
12-30-2009, 07:32 PM
5 classes with scores over 150 is pretty decent for sure. I'm willing to bet that didn't include the loud ones from North of the border.

Hmm, 2 multi point shows, we'll have to look into that one. We should have several shows being run alongside car shows and a multipoint would be sweet. It's not set in stone yet, but we should be doing the Dreamz II Reality show in CT on May 16th, they had plenty of room if we were to make that one a multi point show. That one is always a charity show too, Kinetik helped out with that show last season. It's early in the season for a multi point show, but it's one of the better locations that we'll have available.

I'm down for that:D Sounds like a good time for sure.

street b explor
12-30-2009, 07:43 PM
Rob Good time SBN Thats a good time.

loudmofo
12-30-2009, 07:47 PM
who in the northeast is going to sbn anyone

street b explor
12-30-2009, 07:51 PM
you going mike.

street b explor
12-30-2009, 07:55 PM

Steve Didnt they have one this past yr. What was that show in windsor didnt you do that one this past yr. That was a big show the one in boston was big as well.

SPL Blazer
12-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Steve Didnt they have one this past yr. What was that show in windsor didnt you do that one this past yr. That was a big show the one in boston was big as well.

I don't think I've ever been to Windsor CT. Dreamz had 3 shows in 2009 that I know of, we did two of them. I would love to hit that one in Chicopee again, but they swore to never go back there. Too many cranky neighbors calling the cops.

The Rocky Hill CT show ha plenty of space for SPL. The one in Boston was insane, over 350 show cars, but it also cut down on the space we had left for SPL cars, some couldn't get into the lot. Then there was the gun issues that got the show shutdown. I won't be doing anymore shows in Roxbury, not worth it. Team New Look is looking to run another huge show in 2010, but this one should be outside the city. If they pick a good location, thats not in the hood, then I'll look into doing SPL with them again. They were a really cool club to work with, same with DIIR.

street b explor
12-30-2009, 08:11 PM
Ya that boston show was big it would be cool to do that in just spl that would be sweat.

SPL Blazer
12-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Maybe if we could get everyone together at one location for a huge show, but thats not gonna happen. But it would be nice to have USACi, dB Drags, TNESPL and NESPL all together at one location for a huge SPL event.

edzy
12-30-2009, 08:54 PM
I will try to get out to as many As I can this year. Just tell me what class to run in when I get there, lol. I would prefer to come in 2nd,3rd 4th,5th,10th ect. going against Kieth and Mike then win one on default being the only one in a class...Makes winning feel like a loser...

thorshammer1
12-30-2009, 08:56 PM
wow in the northeast is going to sbn anyone

Rob Good time SBN Thats a good time.

I'm working on going:D

SPL Blazer
12-30-2009, 09:05 PM
I will try to get out to as many As I can this year. Just tell me what class to run in when I get there, lol. I would prefer to come in 2nd,3rd 4th,5th,10th ect. going against Kieth and Mike then win one on default being the only one in a class...Makes winning feel like a loser...

If your under 2K and can move your box to be behind the opening of your side door then you can do the Amateur class, or the Stock class with more power, or you could do the No Wall class.

street b explor
12-30-2009, 09:30 PM
Maybe if we could get everyone together at one location for a huge show, but thats not gonna happen. But it would be nice to have USACi, dB Drags, TNESPL and NESPL all together at one location for a huge SPL event.

ya it would that would be a sweat show for sure

loudmofo
12-30-2009, 10:06 PM
im thinking maybe we can get a show at soundfx this year they just opened up a big car wash next door thats like one of those ghetto hand washed like the movie car wash lol maybe they would be into a carshow of some kind.

Mr. Slate
12-30-2009, 10:16 PM
im thinking maybe we can get a show at soundfx this year they just opened up a big car wash next door thats like one of those ghetto hand washed like the movie car wash lol maybe they would be into a carshow of some kind.
Why, they dance while washing the cars?

Doesn't SLAP still do something there?

loudmofo
12-30-2009, 10:42 PM
Why, they dance while washing the cars?

Doesn't SLAP still do something there?

its called "so fresh and so clean" its a drive thru with music and guys with hoses and guys drying cars by hand and last year slaps had no show there because of cost to host one they need a police detail and permit to hold one now last show cost about $1000 in fees to put on if the car wash would split it mite be easyer.

Mr. Slate
12-30-2009, 10:47 PM
I always liked that location, especially the night shows.

SPL Blazer
12-31-2009, 08:11 AM
That would be cool if Slap would get something going down there. Having to get a police detail kinda ***** though. I was hoping to see more Slap comps this past season, those are the only comps I can really compete in. Just too much going on when I gotta run the show, so competing in the dB Drags shows I run is too much to handle. We'll see how TNESPL events work out, cause I plan to compete in those ones. Might have to rent a trailer for all the show stuff so I can still fit my competition gear.

CRXBMPN
12-31-2009, 11:01 AM
There was a large car show up in Auburn by the Mall in the Kohl's parking lot this past yr and I was asked to put on an SPL side show... I am going to see what I can get done this coming year, I know Dave already asked if I was going to do it again. This year in June it was miserable weather and lots of cars did the show and my SPL portion had like 20 cars and a bunch that wanted to run but didnt have time b/c they were getting judged... is it worth your time to do something up this way again Steve? Just NESPL no Drag like that Waterville show...

SPL Blazer
12-31-2009, 03:01 PM
That could be a possibility, according to MapQuest it's about 2 hours from me, much better than the Waterville location.

CRXBMPN
12-31-2009, 03:06 PM
yes its about 45 min closer to you than waterville... i work in that area. Domino's delivered all day and it was a great show, even with the sopping rain. Darren and Derric let me use their 10x10 tent and we had a second so it was somewhat dry... power was an issue though.

ecac06
12-31-2009, 05:42 PM
There was a large car show up in Auburn by the Mall in the Kohl's parking lot this past yr and I was asked to put on an SPL side show... I am going to see what I can get done this coming year, I know Dave already asked if I was going to do it again. This year in June it was miserable weather and lots of cars did the show and my SPL portion had like 20 cars and a bunch that wanted to run but didnt have time b/c they were getting judged... is it worth your time to do something up this way again Steve? Just NESPL no Drag like that Waterville show...

Auburn Mall in mass?

there was a show there last yr?

thorshammer1
12-31-2009, 05:51 PM

I read that and was like WHAT? I'm the only one to hold car shows in that Mall...Then It dawned on me Auburn, Maine :laugh:

SPL Blazer
12-31-2009, 08:05 PM
Auburn Mall in mass?

there was a show there last yr?

Guess there's an Auburn everywhere, he meant the one in Maine, not Mass.

SPL Blazer
01-01-2010, 10:17 PM
ThorsHammer will be coming out in May to help us out with a TNESPL triple point show down in Rocky Hill CT. Some of you came out to that show last year when it was for NESPL, this year we're gonna make it a 3X for TNESPL so us New England competitors can start getting points for Finals. We'll add this one to the website when we have more details nailed down.

ecac06
01-02-2010, 03:08 AM
so if ur not a mem of tnespl u cant do it????

street b explor
01-02-2010, 07:48 AM
Get a Mem and you should be Fine. its only Once a yr and you get all points and i think Bonus Points.

SPL Blazer
01-02-2010, 08:56 AM
so if ur not a mem of tnespl u cant do it????

You can compete in any of their events without a membership, but you won't be able to compete at their Finals without one.

CRXBMPN
01-02-2010, 04:11 PM
yes sir Auburn Maine :)
today is not a good day to build or work on my stereo lol... the storm thats anchored off the coast of maine has the same energy/power as a category 2 hurricane :( they dont call 'em nor'easter's for nothing!!!

SPL Blazer
01-02-2010, 07:49 PM
aww come on ya baby, thats not a storm. Thats just a dusting, :D

thorshammer1
01-02-2010, 08:41 PM
ThorsHammer will be coming out in May to help us out with a TNESPL triple point show down in Rocky Hill CT. Some of you came out to that show last year when it was for NESPL, this year we're gonna make it a 3X for TNESPL so us New England competitors can start getting points for Finals. We'll add this one to the website when we have more details nailed down.

Wooot! I'm looking forward to this:veryhapp:

I'm gonna do my best to bring a few extra folks along with me. Lew just itches to go for a drive and show off that spotless kia of his.:D You'll never be the same after listening to Mariah Carey at 150+:laugh:

ecac06
01-02-2010, 08:48 PM
You can compete in any of their events without a membership, but you won't be able to compete at their Finals without one.

well if i dont go to the finals with my car... do they have club points that could be used ???

thorshammer1
01-02-2010, 08:56 PM
well if i dont go to the finals with my car... do they have club points that could be used ???

You can still attend Finals you would just be spectating and rooting your friends and Teammates on instead of Battling it out in the lanes;)

SPL Blazer
01-02-2010, 09:08 PM

Only a paid member of TNESPL can accrue points towards Finals. Points accrued by paid members are not transferrable to other team members. There are no competition organizations that allow points to be transferred to other club/team members.

ecac06
01-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Only a paid member of TNESPL can accrue points towards Finals. Points accrued by paid members are not transferrable to other team members. There are no competition organizations that allow points to be transferred to other club/team members.

im not saying to give them off im just saying do they have club points as u did last year???

SPL Blazer
01-02-2010, 09:56 PM
im not saying to give them off im just saying do they have club points as u did last year???

Ahh, Ok, I didn't get what you were asking. As far as I know they have nothing for clubs.

It's still undecided, but NESPL may run the points system for Teams again this year too. We're planning on adding a lot more special trophies at the end of the 2010 season than we had for 2009, so one for Top Team could be there too. Something we're looking into doing is offering a certain number of points to competitors that attend the TNESPL that we host, as an incentive to compete in both orgs.

CRXBMPN
01-02-2010, 10:24 PM
10-20" with up to 60mph winds :(

i think someone needs to burp their high output vehicle with a foot of snow on it and video it :) that would be cool... going down the road i'll hammer on some Thug Motivation and i'll see all kinds of snow and ice flying off my car :laugh:

thorshammer1
01-02-2010, 10:27 PM
10-20" with up to 60mph winds :(

i think someone needs to burp their high output vehicle with a foot of snow on it and video it :) that would be cool... going down the road i'll hammer on some Thug Motivation and i'll see all kinds of snow and ice flying off my car :laugh:

If I open the windows it pulls the snow in :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrEx6HxQpok

CRXBMPN
01-02-2010, 10:36 PM
nice :) fyi thats the first time i've seen your vids since i'm not on my work compy :) keep up the work.

CRXBMPN
01-02-2010, 10:57 PM
nawtheast stawm of twen-ten!

This is a CRX... somewhere in this pile...

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/crxbmpn/100_3388.jpg

And here is my RSX... i cant wait to see what this looks like when 12+ inches of snow falls off my metal roof... it sounds like a freight train rolling through when each part falls!

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/crxbmpn/100_3389.jpg

thorshammer1
01-02-2010, 11:09 PM
nice :) fyi thats the first time i've seen your vids since i'm not on my work compy :) keep up the work.

Thanks! Theres a lil bit of everything in those vidz. Aligators dancing, fish swimming, hair tricks, hats flying, cups twirling and maybe something educational along the way. :D

CRXBMPN
01-03-2010, 08:41 AM
unless another band comes thru here is the final results from Gardiner Maine VS Mother Nature...

CRX:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/crxbmpn/100_3392.jpg

and since all the snow fell off my roof this morning, here is what the front of my house looks like... same view out the door as last night when you could almost see the Acura :(

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/crxbmpn/100_3391.jpg

lol...

SPL Blazer
01-03-2010, 08:46 AM
Aww come on, thats all you got for snow, I thought you said it was a Nor Easter, lol

thorshammer1
01-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Woke up to a couple feet of that wintery goodness! Working on another foot or so today and should taper off to an additional 6 in tomorrow. roflmao!!

CRXBMPN
01-03-2010, 09:17 AM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/crxbmpn/100_3396.jpg

i couldnt imagine getting the lake effect snowz like you guys do ... makes us in Maine look like wimpy mofoz!

thorshammer1
01-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Everyone around here has either a snow blower or plow lol I leave the shoveling to my kids. lmao!!

thorshammer1
01-03-2010, 11:07 AM
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii249/swoolcot/HPIM2852.jpg

CRXBMPN
01-03-2010, 01:01 PM
haha my 13 y/o step daughter and 8 y/o step son dont know how to do anything besides nothing... :FTL: good kids, highly unmotivated :(
I shovelled like my *** was on the line when I was a kid, my father put the fear of God in me every time he looked at me :laugh: SHOVEL OR DIEEEEEEEEEEEE!

thorshammer1
01-03-2010, 02:40 PM
haha my 13 y/o step daughter and 8 y/o step son dont know how to do anything besides nothing... :FTL: good kids, highly unmotivated :(
I shovelled like my *** was on the line when I was a kid, my father put the fear of God in me every time he looked at me :laugh: SHOVEL OR DIEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Ahhh the good old days when you just knew Dad was gonna tear your azz up!:laugh:

Nowadays its I'm gonna call Child Protective Services for a spanking.:crap:

SPL Blazer
01-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Thor, you remember the blizzard the weekend of that indoor 3X in Niagara? If I remember right that was almost 3ft of snow and the blizzard was all lake effect snow, nobody else got hammered like that.

thorshammer1
01-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Thor, you remember the blizzard the weekend of that indoor 3X in Niagara? If I remember right that was almost 3ft of snow and the blizzard was all lake effect snow, nobody else got hammered like that.

I do indeed remember that. lol The night before the show I was putting in my air ride struts in the snow....:laugh:

street b explor
01-04-2010, 10:00 AM
that show was fun lol yugo all the way up there at 65-70 in that storm it was fun as hell lol.

CRXBMPN
01-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Scott took my CRX to SBN in 06 and he ended up getting stranded in NY in a blizzard for half a day on one of the east - west interstates? the big one... i forgot what its called... but yeah snow seems to find a way into SPL

SPL Blazer
01-04-2010, 10:58 AM
that show was fun lol yugo all the way up there at 65-70 in that storm it was fun as hell lol.

Yeah, seeing tractor trailers on their sides, cars upside down in the ditch. I was glad I had the 4 wheel drive for that show. Just ****** not being able to take the Blazer to the hotel and bar that night, Taxi's weren't gonna come out. Good thing Tim Roy was cool and picked us up. Me and Tj drove straight there the night before the show and ended up staying there testing instead of getting sleep.

street b explor
01-04-2010, 11:49 AM
ya that was fun lol had a good time.

ACT Audio
01-04-2010, 06:12 PM
The Weather Hasn't Been To Bad Here But Still Has Slowed Down Work On The New Ride. By Next Weekend New Amp Will Be In And Testing Will Begine After This Crazy Remote Start Season Ends. Gonna Try To Hold Out For The New Level 6's But Might Go With Suttin Else If It Takes To Long.

SPL Blazer
01-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Word has it that DC is waiting til after CES to release the info on the new Level 6's.

thorshammer1
01-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Word has it that DC is waiting til after CES to release the info on the new Level 6's.

You mean you dont have yours yet? lol

Mine are almost done:p:

boom24
01-04-2010, 08:31 PM

i need 4 lvl6s for my wall hook me up:D

SPL Blazer
01-04-2010, 08:37 PM

Nah, maybe a single 15" level 5, but no level 6's for me.

Mr. Slate
01-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Guess there's an Auburn everywhere, he meant the one in Maine, not Mass.

One of the biggest SLAP shows was always in Auburn Ma.

street b explor
01-05-2010, 09:22 AM
My level 6`s were done but i passed them on to a fellow firend. Rob hit me up ltr.

thorshammer1
01-05-2010, 04:56 PM
My level 6`s were done but i passed them on to a fellow firend. Rob hit me up ltr.

Is it later yet? ;)

street b explor
01-06-2010, 07:29 AM
no its the next day lol j/k sorry for cutting our con short yesterday will call ya today till then bro.

SPL Blazer
01-07-2010, 04:28 PM
The 1st TNE (TNESPL) 3X event in New England is set. On May 16th TNE will be in Rocky Hill CT for the DreamZ II Reality car show at the Porter & Chester Institute. The event has been posted on Team NorthEast SPL's website. I'll do what I can to get one TNE 1X show before the 3X comes up, hopefully the 1st weekend of May.

Something for the rookies to keep in mind with TNE classes, your score is based off a 30 second average, just like Slammin Bass. So for you rookies you are gonna want to get plenty of time on the Termlab and find your perfect song to use. For a TNE single point event you can use any music tracks you want, but for the 3X YOU MUST USE THE IASCA Max dB Vol 3 CD, This is the rule set forth by Team NorthEast SPL and the 3X will be run by at TNE Certified Judge, so there is no way around it. Team NorthEast SPL is currently sold out of these cd's, but will have them available before the season begins. You can also find them on IASCA's website if you want to get practicing early. This is for Rookies only, anyone in the WooferCooker and Pro classes will be allowed to use any cd they want. This rule is to prevent rookies from using "Chopped & Screwed" tracks with test tones imbedded into them, to basically keep the cheaters from winning. This is something I'd like to implement in the future for NESPL shows as well.

Mr. Slate
01-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Since I never competed in TNESPL, would I be considered a rookie?

edzy
01-07-2010, 06:48 PM
"Chopped & Screwed" tracks with test tones imbedded into them"

Dammm, I wont be winning anything this year either...

But wouldnt that show on the TL?

SPL Blazer
01-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Since I never competed in TNESPL, would I be considered a rookie?

Anyone that has acquired more than 35 points in any other org during a current or previous season is not considered a rookie, so nah, you wouldn't be a rookie.

SPL Blazer
01-07-2010, 06:58 PM
"Chopped & Screwed" tracks with test tones imbedded into them"

Dammm, I wont be winning anything this year either...

But wouldnt that show on the TL?

Not that I know of, The only things I keep on the screen are the score, timer and the bar graph showing the peak frequencies.

Mr. Slate
01-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Anyone that has acquired more than 35 points in any other org during a current or previous season is not considered a rookie, so nah, you wouldn't be a rookie.

I wasn't a member of USACi last year. I like walls too much, lol, so Forget I asked this question.

More importantly, I was on their website on the rules page and I couldn't find it, maybe I just missed it.
How is the metering done, legal or outlaw, seats in or out etc., etc.

thorshammer1
01-07-2010, 07:19 PM
I wasn't a member of USACi last year. I like walls too much, lol, so Forget I asked this question.

More importantly, I was on their website on the rules page and I couldn't find it, maybe I just missed it.
How is the metering done, legal or outlaw, seats in or out etc., etc.

Meter is placed on the windshield in the exact same location as DBDrag. Car has to be sealed completely.

In the pro classes and no wall you can remove seating if so desired. :)

SPL Blazer
01-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Meter is placed on the windshield in the exact same location as DBDrag. Car has to be sealed completely.

You answered that one fast, lol. Aren't you supposed to be on the way to CES already???

SICK GV
01-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Sweet I'm gonna get my TNESPL membership tomorrow. Got a lot of stuff to get done to be ready for the May show. This has got to be the ugliest stupidest looking car ever produced and its going to require a makeover and a half.

Mr. Slate
01-07-2010, 11:55 PM

Thanks.

thorshammer1
01-12-2010, 08:00 PM
You answered that one fast, lol. Aren't you supposed to be on the way to CES already???

Just got back lol

Sweet I'm gonna get my TNESPL membership tomorrow. Got a lot of stuff to get done to be ready for the May show. This has got to be the ugliest stupidest looking car ever produced and its going to require a makeover and a half.

No one said loud is Pretty:p:

loudmofo
01-12-2010, 08:03 PM
i cant wait to compete its been awhile and i got some new amps coming and it should be fun.

loudmofo
01-14-2010, 01:01 PM
anyone local want some big power look here i can cut you a deal
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php/459522-F-S-AMERICAN-BASS-1000-1-10-000w-rms-of-power-one-amp

97cavy
01-14-2010, 06:20 PM
What amps ya going with mike?

And WOW WTF is with the new look of the forum

loudmofo
01-14-2010, 06:51 PM
im going with 2 cactus k9s

SICK GV
01-22-2010, 11:31 PM
Ordered my paint for the new ride. Going with black and lime green :) It looked good on my drag car so why not on this lol. Tearing down the interior this week and getting ready for endless hours of bodywork. We're trying like hell to get everything done for the May 3X event. Need bodywork, paint, system install, batt placement, new glass and seals, exhaust, suspension. I pretty much need a new fuc*ing car!

street b explor
01-23-2010, 12:28 AM
You will get it done where there is will there is a way good luck.

SICK GV
01-23-2010, 09:23 AM
I hear that bro and thanks. I feel like I'm on Monster Garage though. Pull a car out of a field destined to be crushed and turn it into a nice spl car. Even though the build has been hush hush I'll start posting pics of the progress next week. Thanks to everyone for there support and when it's done you wont be disappointed.

wone
01-23-2010, 11:02 AM
i wanna see^^^^

spltuscon
01-23-2010, 11:43 AM
i wanna see^^^^

and I wanna see your new setup at a show :D

SPL Blazer
01-23-2010, 12:20 PM
I don't know Chris, I heard Pink will make you louder maybe you should paint it a nice shade of pink, lol.

ACT Audio
01-23-2010, 02:47 PM
LOL your not the first person to suggest that. Too bad paint has been ordered or I'd consider it. I'm going to make my own cowl induction hood for this beotch lol. Oh and if you can see through the windows then help yourself to inspecting the system. It will be slightly darker than the Jeep :)

SPL Blazer
01-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Thats ok, as long as the event judges have access at the beginning of the events for inspections.

SPL Blazer
01-23-2010, 03:11 PM
Just a heads up, we just made ourselves a FaceBook page, so come by and add us if your on there.

NESPL FaceBook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-England-SPL/269564496559)

SICK GV
01-23-2010, 05:38 PM
Inspections are ok with me.Thats the way it should be. Adam and I just stripped the interior and getting ready to mat the floor before body work. I'm not sure if I want to pull the dash out and mat behind that. Ive never done that before and Im nervous on the results. Anyone have an opinion on this? Id love to hear feedback on it. Ive noticed with my Jeep the matting helped with my legal scores but dropped my outlaw scores and like I said Ive never pulled the dash. All other panels will be done separately with metering in between but if Im gonna do the dash I gotta do it now.

SPL Blazer
01-24-2010, 08:59 AM
I'd say wait til the season starts up and see how much of a difference you have between other competitors in that class. If your a lot louder then leave it, if your lower then try adding it under the dash between shows and see what you gain or lose, then rip it out if needed.

street b explor
01-24-2010, 09:17 AM
only prob is steve its not easy to just rip off but i would do it.

SPL Blazer
01-24-2010, 09:26 AM
A heat gun and a scraper will help if it's necessary.

street b explor
01-24-2010, 09:45 AM
not if hes using the good stuff. Heat and wire harness dont do well together. o well ? is have ya done it before heat and a scraper will take it off. But last i seen dashes are not like flat.

SICK GV
01-25-2010, 08:13 AM
I wont be easy to rip the mat out after. I'm just gonna take a chance and do it now now that the car is gutted.

SPL Blazer
01-25-2010, 12:14 PM
Don't know Tj, when I matted my floor I pulled up the wiring harnesses and matted under them, not over them. So heat won't have any effect on my wires if I decide to pull up my FatMat someday. A heatgun, a decent scraper, leather gloves and time is all ya need to get it off.

street b explor
01-25-2010, 01:30 PM
you cant do that with my mat . its not that easy seen how it hardens like a rock and to re heat it you need to put crazy heat to it and by doing so will cause the paint to peal off. and working on a flat surface is alot easer then the dash. and no matter what way ya look at it under the dash you will have to cover a wire here and there so a lil 411 is all im given from past experience.

SPL Blazer
01-25-2010, 02:12 PM
yeah but the deadener you used is some insane type stuff that nobody else around here uses, nothing I'd ever spend the money on thats for sure. I never bothered to matt under the dash, but the rest of the Blazer wasn't an issue moving wires.

CRXBMPN
01-25-2010, 02:38 PM
TJ uses some of that Team XLA stuff - Xtreme Loud Adhesive :eek:

*edit* the new smileys here blow dingdongs

SICK GV
01-25-2010, 08:17 PM
Im doing behind the B pillar 2 layers of Virbamat and 1 layer in front floor roof and doors. Mix that with some new glass and seals and dat beotch be tight!

SICK GV
01-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Ok so D.C. level 6's are out of the ? so now it's a toss up between I.A.'s , DD Z's, or maybe level 5's. I still got time to figure it out. Anyone got any TSNS 12's or their baskets kicken around?

loudmofo
01-27-2010, 06:11 PM
got my new amps in today can we say 155db slammin bass 4 :)

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s210/xplorerspinin22s/015.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s210/xplorerspinin22s/017-1.jpg

CRXBMPN
01-27-2010, 08:22 PM
K9's huh... do they bark as loud as they probably bit your wallet? lol

nice amps though, you always have top of the line equipment. keep up the good work Mike.

SICK GV
01-27-2010, 11:03 PM
Those are sick amps. I'm jealous that you got those so quick. I'm still waiting on my amp. Customs is a pain I guess :(

wone
01-28-2010, 02:35 AM
them amps are nasty!

thorshammer1
01-30-2010, 12:48 PM
got my new amps in today can we say 155db slammin bass 4 :)

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s210/xplorerspinin22s/015.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s210/xplorerspinin22s/017-1.jpg

I want test results asap Plz :)

SICK GV
02-01-2010, 08:12 PM
God I hope this car is done by May. Laundry list to do but nothing is checked off as complete. Slow and steady to make sure everythings just right. Cant wait to pic a beef with Doc lol.

street b explor
02-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Whats your gole ? and what are you using for equipment. if you dont mind I would like to prodict a #. Just need to know what subs batterys runs and amps being used also what coil the subs are. lets see how close i can guess your #.

street b explor
02-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Nice amps mike. I was told lots of good things on them. Peter loves his and Alex the street b world champ is getting some crazy power out of his. cant wait to see how they do on music. Good luck this yr. Them amps are sick.

boom24
02-04-2010, 06:57 PM
God I hope this car is done by May. Laundry list to do but nothing is checked off as complete. Slow and steady to make sure everythings just right. Cant wait to pic a beef with Doc lol.

your a ***** car wont even be abel to do a 55 i bet...were gunna death match at 30 hrz rite or are u gunna ***** out on that :)

boom24
02-04-2010, 06:57 PM
wow it wont let me say ****...thats ****ing bull ****

SICK GV
02-04-2010, 08:34 PM
LOL Dave your *****. Im using 2 12's, 1 amp, and dont know about how many batts. Depends on how many I can fit. My goal is just to kick *** at any comp. Ill be doing NESPL,USACI,TNESPL,and DB Drag so I'm sure I'll have plenty of comp.

SICK GV
02-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Dave after that pic I saw today I'm not even trying to mess with that. My car is tuned for like 93hz or something. I dont even know how to find my frequency but Im sure its up there :) The sun roof helps my spl

spltuscon
02-05-2010, 08:11 AM
Did a little testing for a new Stock 1 setup last night for myself...:D

That is all.

SPL Blazer
02-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Thats cool Dave, maybe we'll be in the same Pro classes this season. I'm working on getting all new Batts for this season. Gonna drop the Kinetiks for some nasty XS Power batts instead. They have a new voltage control module for GM's that I can mount inside the Blazer and adjust my voltage when I want, these things will even work on 18 volt systems too, not that I'll ever get that crazy.

SICK GV
02-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Did a little testing for a new Stock 1 setup last night for myself...:D

That is all.

That should be interesting to see at a comp. I Like the new Memphis CM Cast 10's. Check em out they're better then the old Mojo 10's.

SPL Blazer
02-05-2010, 10:10 PM
What are you saying, Memphis makes something good? lol, I think I'll stick with my killer Pyramid subs

spltuscon
02-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Mine was a single 15 in a new and improved Octobox, that's kinda my thing. Sub is a borrowed XXX-15 for testing purposes...it is seriously tough. Takes power far better than anything else I've tried so far...not that I've tried many SPL subs but impressive. Took the D9 at .25 no problem and never got stinky even on music or burps at full tilt.

SICK GV
02-06-2010, 12:40 AM
Why you always gotta brag? Freakin bragger.