PDA

View Full Version : New England comps.......

Pages : 1 [2]

tangelo95
02-06-2010, 02:21 AM
Whats up with the 10k cap on the stock classes with all the big amps out these days everyone is gonna end up in no wall and have way different setups.

SPL Blazer
02-06-2010, 12:48 PM
I would have actually preferred going with a 5K limit instead of the 10K, but that would mean making up more classes. I seriously can't see anyone here in New England running out and buying an amp over 10K and still compete in a Stock class. Db Drags has no power limit in their street classes, something I don't agree with, but thats their decision so we go with it. Having no power limit gets out of control for many competitors. You can have one guy with plenty of money to buy a 10K or a 16K amp and put it to pair of 12's, and yet he might have no skill or ability to get loud with less power. And then you have a guy with money for 3K and a pair of 12's that has the skills to get loud with little power and might fall a few tenths of a db behind the money man with the 10K. If you wanna be competitive you need to learn how to get loud with less. I'm not very loud IMO, but I can still hit high 49's with a pair of 10's on less than 3K, then you get a guy with a similar vehicle and a pair of 15's and 5K hitting lower than me. I remember meeting someone like that before, and he tried telling me that I was cheating and that he just needed more power. I don't have as much time as I'd like to build and get louder, but I do pretty good for what I have, and thats under 5K. I was told last season about a guy in the MidWest doing low 52's with 800 watts and a pair of 12's, granted it was in a CRX, but thats still a crazy number for only 800 watts. If you can't get extremely loud with less than 10K then your in the wrong sport, seriously.

murilo
02-06-2010, 04:28 PM
I was told last season about a guy in the MidWest doing low 52's with 800 watts and a pair of 12's, granted it was in a CRX, but thats still a crazy number for only 800 watts. If you can't get extremely loud with less than 10K then your in the wrong sport, seriously.

This would be a new WR if this guy put a couple good amps. hehe.

SPL Blazer
02-06-2010, 04:32 PM

You mean Stetsoms??? lol

murilo
02-06-2010, 04:39 PM
:crazy:

tangelo95
02-06-2010, 10:51 PM
i understand you can get loud with less but what about a guy who let say does db drag street A and runs a good amount of power and knows how to get loud why should he have to run no wall against people who know how to get loud to and have even more equipment. To me it just seem like if you have a loud db drag setup your just pushing everyone in to no wall and thats not fair either

loudmofo
02-06-2010, 11:30 PM
i understand you can get loud with less but what about a guy who let say does db drag street A and runs a good amount of power and knows how to get loud why should he have to run no wall against people who know how to get loud to and have even more equipment. To me it just seem like if you have a loud db drag setup your just pushing everyone in to no wall and thats not fair either

if your loud in street a db drag you should be at a 155bd in nw and that will take the class no problem :) well maybe we shell see after the rebuild

spltuscon
02-07-2010, 08:51 AM
I understand both sides of this argument about power limits, but I think it comes down to getting and keeping more newcomers. A newcomer can't compete in a Stock class with someone with 10k+ and a big budget. IMO that is DB Drags current problem, even Street A requires a big budget to build and most people don't want to do that.

I don't think a 155 will take NW anymore...but I guess we have to wait to find out.

street b explor
02-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Just my thought 5k cap. Nw will be louder then 55`s. my guess is this class will be in the low 160s if Jordy has his way down this way. From what I here it wont be the only car out there to get them # but like i said only if they come to any of the shows.

street b explor
02-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Must be that beer up there Murilo Whats up with the van is it done yet.

street b explor
02-07-2010, 10:35 AM

Ya right x2 on that one. Maybe a 152 in the kick. With 800 watt amp. Heres what i say to this :bsflag:.

We all Know the loudes street Crx`s out there i talk to these guys on a weekly bases and 52`s on the glass with 800 watts its like power from the Gods. Must be that over seas 800.1/ 2K amp right. Steve Think of it this way Mike with a street A/B setup.
1.9k and two cheep 12s on the glass car off was a 149.8 with a 650sq in Battery in my yugo all at 1.5 ohm rise ya with a lower rise you would get more out of it but when dose an amp stop given all it can and then effichency just starts to drop off. With a good set of 12`s and same power and rise it was a 152.7 on the glass like i sead with a lower rise you will loose more effichency and its possable you might not get no more then 200 - 500 more watts. Im Not saying with 800watts and lots of crazy i mean crazy testing that its not possable. But it takes power to make a desent # any one That has spent long hrs testing and testing will tell you this.

I would have to say 150 with 800 watts is more like it and possable to do a 152 in the kick but if this guy is doing them #`s with 800 watts on the glass. One of Three things are going to happen. 1# they will not get any louder after 3k #2 they are at so low of a box rise that when they add power **** is going to be like toast in a toaster. # its going to be crazy take and make more power with the current box not going to smoke the amps from box rise and do a stupid # and he will be the next World Champ. Competitor Stats: Team Carmania

SPL Blazer
02-07-2010, 11:44 AM
I understand both sides of this argument about power limits, but I think it comes down to getting and keeping more newcomers. A newcomer can't compete in a Stock class with someone with 10k+ and a big budget. IMO that is DB Drags current problem, even Street A requires a big budget to build and most people don't want to do that.

This is true for me, it's just not worth it to compete in Drags Street A where my only shot at getting in the top 10 in North America is to buy a Panda or a CRX and then dump thousands of dollars for equipment so I can win a $50 trophy, then have to buy all new equipment the year after because some company came out with a bigger amp, and do it all over again the year after that. If there was a power limit in the Street classes then it would make it a lot easier for the majority of competitors. It's a lot cheaper to keep the same amp year after year and then spend your money on wood to build new and different boxes for testing then it would be to keep buying new and bigger amps every year.

SICK GV
02-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Man there are some really big numbers predicted for N/W this year. Hopefully I can be in the top 3. On another note, I was taking the rear bumper of my car last night and hit the mount with a hammer and lost half the car! It turned into a pile of rust dust. I got a lot of work to do and not sure if it will be done for the 3x event.

loudmofo
02-07-2010, 01:16 PM
with all this nw talk i think i will be changing my 4 12s in for 4 15s :) if it doesnt do atleast a 157 db it will ****

boom24
02-07-2010, 01:32 PM
with all this nw talk i think i will be changing my 4 12s in for 4 15s :) if it doesnt do atleast a 157 db it will ****

do it ...tune it so it peaks below...40hrz

loudmofo
02-07-2010, 01:37 PM
do it ...tune it so it peaks below...40hrz

i lower peak hurts spl on that note it will peak alittle higher :laugh: and it will be built to the top of the headrest no more back seats that will help with pressure alot more then before :)

boom24
02-07-2010, 01:55 PM
i lower peak hurts spl on that note it will peak alittle higher :laugh: and it will be built to the top of the headrest no more back seats that will help with pressure alot more then before :)

i know it does but i want someone ealse with 4 15s to come play with me below 40hrz...u get my pm??

loudmofo
02-07-2010, 02:02 PM
i know it does but i want someone ealse with 4 15s to come play with me below 40hrz...u get my pm??
what pm im also building this to win :eek:and going with powermaster d3100s and selling the kinetiks

SPL Blazer
02-07-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm looking into the XS Power D3100's and possibly the D5100 for under the hood. I hear that Dave the Box Guy is a dealer for XS Power batts, maybe he can hook you up on them.

loudmofo
02-07-2010, 03:12 PM
I'm looking into the XS Power D3100's and possibly the D5100 for under the hood. I hear that Dave the Box Guy is a dealer for XS Power batts, maybe he can hook you up on them.

i got a good hook up on them right from xs power prices cant be beat :)

murilo
02-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Must be that beer up there Murilo Whats up with the van is it done yet.

Hey Mr. TJ

Trying to sell the astro to get money to build the white terra.

street b explor
02-08-2010, 12:33 AM
Hey Mr. TJ

Trying to sell the astro to get money to build the white terra.

murilo send pics to my email and what you are looking to get for it and ill see what i can do i know some guys in Ny looking for some new toys.

boom24
02-08-2010, 08:09 AM
what pm im also building this to win :eek:and going with powermaster d3100s and selling the kinetiks

pm me when ur gunnna sell the kinetiks

SPL Blazer
02-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Come on Boom, make up your mind on what batts you're gonna run. :D

loudmofo
02-08-2010, 07:09 PM
anyone local im selling my 7 kinetik 2400s and 5 dc sounds lv4xl 12s dual 2s and 2 american bass 500.1s pm me for more infor

SPL Blazer
02-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Wish I had the $$$, I'd love to get my hands on an AB 500.1,

I'm thinking about picking up some lvl4 XL's, just not sure if I wanna go with three 12's or two 15's.

SICK GV
02-09-2010, 04:14 PM
My amp is in! This thing is so F-ing **** I want to jerk off on it. Gonna do some testing with it in the Jeep to see how it does before going into the comp car.

murilo
02-09-2010, 08:32 PM
My amp is in! This thing is so F-ing **** I want to jerk off on it. Gonna do some testing with it in the Jeep to see how it does before going into the comp car.

pic?

SICK GV
02-09-2010, 08:45 PM
no pic yet but soon

TeamElite-Mike
02-09-2010, 09:34 PM
I have a pic :D And after that one you forwarded from Kaspar I'm tempted to start posting :D

SPL Blazer
02-10-2010, 08:49 AM
I have a pic :D And after that one you forwarded from Kaspar I'm tempted to start posting :D

We don't need to be seeing that pic, keep that one for the little girls

SICK GV
02-10-2010, 09:26 AM
Awkward lol

SPL Blazer
02-10-2010, 09:35 AM
I don't know man, I heard you really like that pic a lot and had to forward it to everyone you know, lol. Maybe next time he'll pay more attention to the name he sends pics to, maybe.

TeamElite-Mike
02-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Probably not

loudmofo
02-10-2010, 11:37 PM
so whens the 1st show

SPL Blazer
02-11-2010, 09:12 AM
May 16th is the first confirmed show, thats the TNESPL 3X. I'm waiting to hear back from a shop about getting one the 1st weekend of May, and we just set up 5 shows for later in the season at other locations I'll have those dates posted soon.

SPL Blazer
02-11-2010, 09:14 AM
Anyone notice the new No Wall class in USACi? It's now part of the Pro Stock class, so you still have to follow the Pro Stock rules, but your allowed to have a No Wall type set up. Not sure how they're going to do it, cause it will still be three classes and will still have power limits.

SICK GV
02-11-2010, 09:45 AM
Wow thats new. I'm sure it will be an open class except for 2 and 3x events. I wish I knew of these changes before I started my build.

SPL Blazer
02-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Ralph said in the forums he wasn't going to post anything til after the HeatWave in TX, but it was posted in the rules yesterday when I looked. I didn't see anything for actual rules though, just the name of the class. But it's still the same power classes as the Pro Stock classes have been. If it's an open class then there is still no reason for me to bother competing in USACi. If they break it up and offer all the classes at the 1X events too then I'll come down. As it stands now I'll be picking up a couple more Orion 2500d's soon, so I'll be in the higher Pro Stock class, not sure what class Doc does in Pro, but I have a feeling that would be the same as me.

CRXBMPN
02-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Ralph said in the forums he wasn't going to post anything til after the HeatWave in TX, but it was posted in the rules yesterday when I looked. I didn't see anything for actual rules though, just the name of the class. But it's still the same power classes as the Pro Stock classes have been. If it's an open class then there is still no reason for me to bother competing in USACi. If they break it up and offer all the classes at the 1X events too then I'll come down. As it stands now I'll be picking up a couple more Orion 2500d's soon, so I'll be in the higher Pro Stock class, not sure what class Doc does in Pro, but I have a feeling that would be the same as me.

sounds like fun! find you some dual 1.4 or so 12's and wang!

SPL Blazer
02-11-2010, 10:06 AM
I'm looking at getting three DC Level 4XL 12's. Not sure what coils I'll get, I wanna run each sub at .5 when I use all three amps, but for some classes I can only use 2 amps, so I'll have to figure out what load I can wire all three subs to and have both amps power the three subs.

SICK GV
02-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Doc runs 1800 plus. I was building to go against him but if I can do a full N/W build it will make it that much easier for me. I love the box I got now so I'm gonna use it but by mid season I might have to switch it out :(

CRXBMPN
02-11-2010, 10:18 AM
I'm looking at getting three DC Level 4XL 12's. Not sure what coils I'll get, I wanna run each sub at .5 when I use all three amps, but for some classes I can only use 2 amps, so I'll have to figure out what load I can wire all three subs to and have both amps power the three subs.

you could run three 1 ohm runs of speaker wire to each amp for .33 parallel per amp for two amps, and then run each amp @ .5 per sub when you run all 3 amps. Are you going to get Mike's or are those the wrong coils?

SPL Blazer
02-11-2010, 10:54 AM
That would have been a great idea, but he's got dual 4 coils, I'd need something like dual 1's.

CRXBMPN
02-11-2010, 11:03 AM
You are right, dual 4's are yucky for what you may need!

SPL Blazer
02-11-2010, 11:11 AM
His AB 500.1's would be nice though, but I don't think I could afford to buy those, too many other things to buy this season.

loudmofo
02-11-2010, 11:17 AM
my subs are dual 2s and im sure we could work it out on the amps if you really wanted them

SPL Blazer
02-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Might be nice, but I'm already planning on Jason's Orions. Shoot me a PM with what your asking and I can see if any of the other local competitors are looking for one of them.

loudmofo
02-11-2010, 11:40 AM
i would take $1400 on both amps $250 each sub and $175 each batt

SPL Blazer
02-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Thats a great price, I saw guys selling the AB's for $900 each.

SPL Blazer
02-11-2010, 12:44 PM
so whens the 1st show

We just confirmed 3 dates for Sanford Sounds in Maine, Sunday June 13th, the Bikini car wash on July 25th and also one on Sunday Aug 15th. The one on July 25th will be our NESPL format, and the other two are undecided on the format we'll use. Could be a dB Drags, TNESPL or our NESPL format. Plus we'll be doing the Team ECR Summer Meltdown on August 1st, location is TBA.

loudmofo
02-11-2010, 12:50 PM
thats really kool

CRXBMPN
02-11-2010, 12:58 PM
nice :) :) :) i'll be ready by then... I hope lol.

SICK GV
02-13-2010, 08:30 PM
Even with doing no wall class its still hard as hell fitting these 8400s in a tiny *** car. It will be worth it when I have minimal voltage drop. Def gotta beef up the suspension or this thing might split in two.

boom24
02-15-2010, 05:01 PM
Even with doing no wall class its still hard as hell fitting these 8400s in a tiny *** car. It will be worth it when I have minimal voltage drop. Def gotta beef up the suspension or this thing might split in two.

dude thair is no way u can fit 12 8400s in a crx good luck with that

loudmofo
02-15-2010, 06:05 PM
dude thair is no way u can fit 12 8400s in a crx good luck with that
whats funny is a crx has more room i think :omg:

SICK GV
02-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Maybe Ill just try to fit 8 lol. My friend is building a sick custom battery brace so it will look good too. The only thing that ***** about this car is the amount of bodywork needed but other then that we are on schedule for the May 3x event.

boom24
02-15-2010, 08:28 PM
Maybe Ill just try to fit 8 lol. My friend is building a sick custom battery brace so it will look good too. The only thing that ***** about this car is the amount of bodywork needed but other then that we are on schedule for the May 3x event.

damm honda rot ***** been thair done that....i hate changing 1/4 panels ,,,so whats the plan with the sun roof???

SICK GV
02-15-2010, 08:46 PM
lol weld on an OEM replacement roof hahahah

loudmofo
02-15-2010, 09:24 PM
it mite take me longer now on my build its put on hold till i save some money i decided to buy a new maxima :D hope i can still afford to compete this season lol

SICK GV
02-15-2010, 09:42 PM
it mite take me longer now on my build its put on hold till i save some money i decided to buy a new maxima :D hope i can still afford to compete this season lol

How is the build coming anyways?

SPL Blazer
02-15-2010, 09:47 PM
I got two more Orion 2500d's today, my XS Power batts should be here at the end of the week, I have about 200 feet of 0 ga to put in when the batts come in, now I just have to save the $$ for the three Level 4XL's I'll be running.

SICK GV
02-15-2010, 09:52 PM
Nice to see you doing a build. It would be even cooler seeing you in the lanes for once.

SPL Blazer
02-15-2010, 10:02 PM
I was looking forward to trying to do something with the new USACi no wall class or the Pro Stock classes, but since they are the same classes and will most likely end up being lumped together in an Open class it's not going to be worth my time. I'll just try and focus more on the Team NorthEast SPL classes.

SICK GV
02-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Yeah open classes are gay and Ralph is even gayer. I'd love to poop in the top side of his toilet. I mean like really drop a horrific muddy pile just like you have after a long night of draft beer and hot wings. He'll be flushin my poop water for a month. That man is a ******* to the 5th degree.

SPL Blazer
02-15-2010, 10:23 PM
I don't care for Open classes either, although I understand the reason behind doing them. It ***** to have so many classes and not enough competitors to fill them, and still have to buy trophies for them all. The Pro classes never get filled so it's a waste of money buying trophies for 3 Pro classes if there are only 3 or 4 Pro's competing. Hopefully it will change this season since more guys will be competing in No Wall than in the Pro Stock classes. Merging Pro Stock and No Wall together seems pointless to me, but if it fills all three classes then it's a good thing.

CRXBMPN
02-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Yeah open classes are gay and Ralph is even gayer. I'd love to poop in the top side of his toilet. I mean like really drop a horrific muddy pile just like you have after a long night of draft beer and hot wings. He'll be flushin my poop water for a month. That man is a ******* to the 5th degree.

I do not agree with what you said because I dont know the person who you are verbally destroying, but I would like to say that was pretty funny...

I've had the multiple pitcher and .10c hot wing nights before :eek: Puked in the middle of a rotary and fell down in the middle of a 6 lane bridge stumbling bumbling drunk! Same night!

back on topic now....

SICK GV
02-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Hahaha sounds like that should be the new topic. You need to be interviewed on 60 Minutes for that one lol. Oh yeah Ralph is the head guy at USACI. I heard from a good source that he's a major fecalphiliac.

SICK GV
02-16-2010, 06:32 PM
1. fecalpheliac

Anyone who is obsessed with everything pertaining to poop.

Someone who's life revolves around poop: smelling it, eating it, touching it, rubbing it on themselves, talking about it, slipping it into conversation occasionally to get a laugh but secretly salivating over the idea of it.
Did you her John make that joke about poop. He must be a fecalpheliac.
Yeah thats pretty much Ralph.

CRXBMPN
02-16-2010, 08:58 PM
I know WHO ralph is, I just dont know him... so I'd never say anything like that.

boom24
02-17-2010, 07:39 AM

haha u are ****ed bro...i mean really ****ed in the head

SICK GV
02-17-2010, 11:08 PM
I cant touch my car until USACi makes a final ruling on there Pro classes. I hope this doesn't put us behind schedule. Anyone who competes out of that organization should look at all the new rules including Street Beats. There are new battery limitations (some good and some bad). All this effort to try to hit a 150 sheesh.

SPL Blazer
02-17-2010, 11:16 PM
That part doesn't really matter, we're stuck in SB5 so I can't see them having a battery limit of anything in that class. It's the Pro Stock/No Wall rules I'm waiting to see something on.

SPL Blazer
02-17-2010, 11:25 PM
Got my XS Power batts in today, can't wait to get them in the Blazer. I'm planning on hitting Kaspers place in a couple weeks and put them in. We're going to do some testing and see how much better the XS batts are over the Kinetiks. And per request, We'll get the results on vid so I can post them up on the Car Audio Classifieds forum in the XS Power section.

spltuscon
02-18-2010, 06:14 AM
Nice, very interested in the results!

boom24
02-18-2010, 08:18 AM
Got my XS Power batts in today, can't wait to get them in the Blazer. I'm planning on hitting Kaspers place in a couple weeks and put them in. We're going to do some testing and see how much better the XS batts are over the Kinetiks. And per request, We'll get the results on vid so I can post them up on the Car Audio Classifieds forum in the XS Power section.

real world power testing i cnt waite this should be very intristing...cnt wait

SPL Blazer
02-18-2010, 08:53 AM
Anyone interested in a free subscription to Performance Auto Sound Magazine, PASMAG? There's a car show organizer here in Mass that has some extras to give out, like 50 of them. If your interested, shoot Manny an email with your name and address so he can submit it to PASMAG. If you want to you can say that Steve from New England SPL let you know about it, but it doesn't matter if you don't. Email him at [email protected]

CRXBMPN
02-18-2010, 02:44 PM
email sent! lets see how it goes! free? free is great!

loudmofo
02-20-2010, 01:08 AM
my new car that mite end my caraudio career :D

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s210/xplorerspinin22s/P2879.jpg

wone
02-20-2010, 03:36 AM
emailed also sent.

nice car by the way.

boom24
02-20-2010, 09:36 AM
my new car that mite end my caraudio career :D

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s210/xplorerspinin22s/P2879.jpg

nice mike..so then u should just give away all your gear then ;)

SPL Blazer
02-20-2010, 12:56 PM
nice mike..so then u should just give away all your gear then ;)

X2, lol

ecac06
02-23-2010, 04:05 AM
x2 lol

defj
03-02-2010, 10:45 PM
thinking about hosting a 1x dbdrag/bassrace in conjunction with a tne 2x event may 23.if i do this,would any of you guys make the drive up?

SPL Blazer
03-02-2010, 11:09 PM
I know I wouldn't. Problem is that the 23rd is the rain date for the TNESPL 3X in CT, if there's a need for one.

SICK GV
03-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Just added my second layer of matting to the roof of my car today and man that shits hard as a rock. I gotta put these 6 bulk packs of matting to good use. Its nice to hear an echo when your sitting in your car :)

SPL Blazer
03-19-2010, 11:31 PM
I hear there's going to be a small SPL comp at UMASS in Lowell Mass on March 28th, no address yet but I'll post it when I get it. $10 entry for a single run, $5 for additional runs. One Amateur class(2,000 limit), 2 Stock classes (5,000 limit) and a Walled class.

SPL Blazer
04-19-2010, 09:03 PM
If any rookies or Amateurs are looking for an amp I know Kyle Dixon is selling off his Rockford T10001bd's. They are rated at 1000 watts @ 1 ohm, so one would be good for Amateur 1 or with both you can compete in any of the the TNESPL rookie classes and NESPL's Amateur 2 & 3 classes. He's looking to get $275 a piece. H said they are actually putting out 1500 watts each, I know the RF Power series amps are alway under rated. If anyones interested let me know and I'll get you his contact info.

SPL Blazer
04-29-2010, 09:44 AM
Just a heads up to those of you looking to compete in the TNESPL Rookie classes. There has been an update to the battery limits, last season it was 350 cu in, this season I just noticed that it was raised to 600 cu in for the 2nd battery. Your main battery can still be 800 cu in or smaller. I have also adjusted this size limit in the NESPL Amateur classes, so there won't be any issues running both orgs.

I also made another last minute change to the Stock 1 limits, I got rid of the 650 cu in limit on the 2nd battery and made it 800 cu in. This will also make it easier to compete in both TNESPL and NESPL this season.

Mr. Slate
04-29-2010, 01:14 PM
Hey fellas, what the freak is this rule that a vehicle can't be trailered???

spltuscon
04-29-2010, 01:34 PM
Looks like that only applies to Amateur and WooferCooker, not WC pro, no-wall or Pro classes.

SPL Blazer
04-29-2010, 02:47 PM
Thats correct, but you can trailer a WooferCooker class vehicle if your coming from 100+ miles away for the event. Rookie is the only one that's not allowed to trailer a vehicle no matter how far away you are coming from. All WooferCooker Pro and Pro classes are allowed to trailer their vehicle regardless of the distance.

SICK GV
04-29-2010, 05:31 PM
Thats great because I got a trailer queen ;)

SPL Blazer
04-29-2010, 05:42 PM
No kidding, I'd be scared to drive that POS any further than the lanes, lol