PDA

View Full Version : kappa perfect enclosure ?s

RiceNotNice
12-06-2003, 12:06 AM
just a quick opinion question. Finally got my kappa perfect 12.1d today and was planning on glassing it into my wheel well in like a 1.0 sealed little box. easy enought. the specs, however, call for 1 cube w/ an inch of fiberglass/fiberfill on all interior surfaces, how much of a difference would the fill make and do you think spray on sound deadener would slow the waves as effectively? Also-i figured 3/4 MDF for the baffle-but specs recommend 1 inch. Overkill? figure 350-400 RMS

LoneRanger
12-06-2003, 10:41 AM
just a quick opinion question. Finally got my kappa perfect 12.1d today and was planning on glassing it into my wheel well in like a 1.0 sealed little box. easy enought. the specs, however, call for 1 cube w/ an inch of fiberglass/fiberfill on all interior surfaces, how much of a difference would the fill make and do you think spray on sound deadener would slow the waves as effectively? Also-i figured 3/4 MDF for the baffle-but specs recommend 1 inch. Overkill? figure 350-400 RMS

Poly fill (pillow stuffing) is cheap as crap. Don't waste your sound deadener on the inside of your box because it won't do the same thing. The poly fill slows the wave form down like you said and makes the box have slightly better low end extension....but only by a few hz. Which baffle are you talking about? If you mean the face, the only reason they recommend 1" is for the screws to bite into.