PDA

View Full Version : upgrading... 2 18s to 3 15s?

Lil Poot
11-19-2009, 10:59 AM
planning on picking up a motor and reconing my 18s to 15s, building another box to run 3 15s. thing is, i want to keep it under the windowline, and if possible i'd like to have the batteries back there also so i can have my whole backseat back.

i'm going to stay with d1 coils, might try the memphis at .67 daily, but i think it will **** too much current. going to sell/trade it off for something that will do that easier daily and run the memphis at 1.5 until then.

i should be gaining output with the added motor strength and gain area, even if i go to a slightly smaller than recommended enclosure, and only adding a little bit of power right? i think i could give them 4 cubes net each. its a 4 door explorer, and i think i'm going to have to build the box or place the batteries over the wheelwheels. i think i have all the batts i need to run a stout amp like a d9 or 40.1 at .67 daily. maybe something slightly bigger, but i'll mostly likely be going from the 4.5kish i run now to 5-5.5k from dropping impedance and changing amps.

jbizzle
11-19-2009, 11:04 AM
I plan on doing the same thing, but only 3 cubes per 15... Not sure what subs i'm going to use yet too..

Supergumby5000
11-19-2009, 12:51 PM
output is going to be very comparable.

46panel
11-19-2009, 12:54 PM
output is going to be very comparable.

X2...depending on the equipment of course

Lil Poot
11-19-2009, 02:37 PM
well ****. maybe i'll try and get my two 18s under the window line and add more power.

if i built all the way to the rear and did port/sub up, i've heard it will peak louder on the meter but not sound as loud to the ear. is that right? any new box i do will have either aeroports or a removable port section.

right now i'm peaking about 151 on the glass, all sealed up and 154 outlaw style on a termlab. its tuned to 37 hz, daily tune for an hdc3, in 12 cubes net and is loud as **** to the ear but i'm feeling like i should be metering higher with 2 ported 18s, a 4k, and 3 big *** batteries.