PDA

View Full Version : focals on sonicelectronix?

robertoyoung08
11-17-2009, 12:44 AM
think im going to get some focals.
currently running some diamond d6 components. first set of components ive had, so i have nothing to compare them to, but ive read from everyone that their not that great and they lack midbass.

wanted some focals to begin with, but they were too much. found them on sonicelectronix but didnt get them cus i heard there were alot of fake focals around. anyone know if sonicelectronix sells legit focals?
their pretty good price

flightz71
11-17-2009, 03:49 AM
currently running some diamond d6 components. first set of components ive had, so i have nothing to compare them to, but ive read from everyone that their not that great and they lack midbass.

wanted some focals to begin with, but they were too much. found them on sonicelectronix but didnt get them cus i heard there were alot of fake focals around. anyone know if sonicelectronix sells legit focals?
their pretty good price

You cannot get authorized Focal's anymore online except Crutchfield I think. All the ones are Sonic are only warrantied by Sonic for 90days or a year depending on the speakers... not by Focal.

ace_800
11-17-2009, 03:52 AM
Focals are crap now, but I hated my Diamond Hex's and D3 as well.

flightz71
11-17-2009, 03:53 AM
Focals are crap now, but I hated my Diamond Hex's and D3 as well.

LOL you have not heard the K2 Power speakers than... or even better... the new K2Power KRX speakers.

They are heaven to my ears!

ace_800
11-17-2009, 04:00 AM
Yeah but there not built with the quaility they use to be, sold out like 90% of the other companies. But you are right I haven't heard them, I did love my Boston Pro60's, which sold out as well.

Upgrayedd
11-17-2009, 04:44 AM
I loved my hex. That was 7 years ago though so I dont know how they compare now. Didn't care much for the d6 of that generation. The original hex(eton) were the best diamond imo.

Bass911
11-17-2009, 06:52 AM
Yeah but there not built with the quaility they use to be, sold out like 90% of the other companies. But you are right I haven't heard them, I did love my Boston Pro60's, which sold out as well.

I've had both and I like Focal. Who did they sell out to?

ace_800
11-17-2009, 09:28 AM
I mean they just went to the Chinese junk for parts unlike years ago when they used quality parts and they were worth the higher price.

robertoyoung08
11-17-2009, 01:20 PM
well i got some help i guess?

i know about the warranty, and im not asking for authorized dealers. thanks.

im just looking for somewhere i can get them and not blow my bank for speakers. trying to get a decent set up, not top of the line.

im just wondering if anyone knows or would trust that sonicelectronix's focals are real.

and i assume they are better than my diamond d6's.
every one says their really good speakers, so thats why i want to try them out.

PIITB Wut Wut
11-17-2009, 01:30 PM
rsd's ftw

that is all

Hoodlum007
11-17-2009, 01:34 PM

their pretty good price

My cousin got some Focal 165V1 comps from sonic and they sounded horrible at high volumes, both mids made a buzzing sound. He sent them to Focal for warranty and got a phone call from Focal wanting to know when he get got them and from who... Focal asked him to send the rest of the comp set in as evidence and they would send him a brand new authentic set at no charge.

If you look you will see Sonic now has really no Focal marked as " in stock", from what i was told they ended up returnin all the Focal because some of it was fake and did not want to get sued by Focal.

robertoyoung08
11-17-2009, 02:43 PM
this is why i hate fakes.
waste of money and time.
rather not be able to afford them, than waste some money thinking im getting a deal. and end up with fakes.

never happened to me, or at least not that i am aware of. but this is what im trying to avoid.

guess i wont buy them from sonics.
anyone else know of another place that sells them?
maybe i can try finding someone on here that is selling some.

Fraze
11-17-2009, 02:46 PM
can I ask a stupid question...how would you know if the focals are fake? I have never heard of a fake company stealing names like that.

robertoyoung08
11-17-2009, 02:57 PM
sure you can ask.

theres fake replicas, "pirates", counterfits or whatever you want to call them.

they are made from "fake" non-brand parts by other gray market manufacturers to look like the real brand (which ever that may be) and then they are sold as if they were the original manufacturer components at the same price, and usually its the expensive stuff.

would you want to buy some equipment that just looks like the stuff you want but isnt anything like it at all? nope

im tyring to avoid this, since this seems to happen alot with the more expensive brands. oor so i have heard.

Fraze
11-17-2009, 03:08 PM
wow...im getting a bunch of focal in a trade. I hope im not gettin screwed.

PIITB Wut Wut
11-17-2009, 03:11 PM
lol i have never heard of focals that are fake... just ones that arent factory direct or from non dealers.

GAM3OVR
11-17-2009, 03:13 PM

the pro60s are great but also lack midbass.

They do great **** loud though, handle a ton of power, if you slope them @80hz.

galacticmonkey
11-17-2009, 03:14 PM
I have 2 sets of Focal Polyglass 165VR for sale. $275 + shipping a set. Flawless.

KingDiamond
11-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Focal had some section on their site a couple months ago that showed fakes next to the real thing and you can barely tell a difference by looking at them. The fakes are really good copies, they usually are shipped in a used Focal box though, but who knows they might have copied that by now too. I would be really careful buying Focals on the net or even on craigslist. I saw a pair of fake kevlar series on craigslist a while back. The buyer probably bought them online and realized they aren't the real thing and tried selling them.

Go2Sleep
11-17-2009, 03:24 PM
is the focal access series decent? I dont want to spend 370$ on K2P series

flightz71
11-18-2009, 02:41 AM
is the focal access series decent? I dont want to spend 370$ on K2P series

$370 for K2P's are guaranteed fake.

Try closer to $800 for a legit set of quality focals. The K2 Power series sound much more detailed and clear than the access series.

robertoyoung08
11-18-2009, 01:05 PM
I have 2 sets of Focal Polyglass 165VR for sale. $275 + shipping a set. Flawless.

do you still have the focals?
any pics?

raverx3m
11-18-2009, 03:03 PM
so another question for you then.

how do you know that its not your car that lacks midbass

what have you done to your doors?

robertoyoung08
11-18-2009, 04:03 PM
idk if its my car that lacks it.
ive only installed adapters and dropped in the speakers.

but overall focals are supposed to be much much better than my diamonds anyways.