PDA

View Full Version : Tempo 6X- Morel 6.5" VS Focal Access 165 A1 6.5

mexburito
11-16-2009, 03:29 PM
This are about the in the same price range but which ones would you recommend. I am tore between these two. I have heard good things about both. Which ones would ya fellas go with and why? Thanks

guacho80
11-16-2009, 04:35 PM
For that price range, Image Dynamics CTX are a better value of what you chose. The difference between Focal Access Series to Focal Polyglass Series is also notable. Midbass is more present, vocals are very well defined and tweeters are are not harsh at all, they get even smoother when set to -3db.

Hoodlum007
11-17-2009, 01:42 PM
The Morel will have a laid back mellow tweeter while the Focal will have a sharp in your face sound. You choose!!

KingDiamond
11-17-2009, 03:22 PM
For that price range, Image Dynamics CTX are a better value of what you chose. The difference between Focal Access Series to Focal Polyglass Series is also notable. Midbass is more present, vocals are very well defined and tweeters are are not harsh at all, they get even smoother when set to -3db.

When I had Focal polyglass 6.5's I always thought the tweeters were too harsh even when attenuated.

RED3
11-20-2009, 02:37 PM

which speakers are you referring to as more midbass, vocals well defined, etc.?

lyttleviet
11-20-2009, 03:22 PM
You might as well throw the HSK165 into the VS category if you are comparing all the components :). I have the focals BNIB in the for sale section though if you are interested :).

Hoodlum007
11-22-2009, 03:06 PM

The ID CTX would be my first choice over the Focal or Morel.