PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 component recommendation (bi amp?)

Richg
11-15-2009, 04:30 PM
Hello, I'm gonna upgrade my factory stereo front stage but keeping the hu. I'm thinking of getting the kenwood eXcelon XR-4S amplifier which has decent power and bi amp capability. My budget for 61/2" 2 way component system is $350-$450 but in my search I see that not all of them have a crossover which can be bi amped. Is it worth it to bi amp a passive crossover? If so, can you recommend good speakers that have this capability?
thanks

Horsemanwill
11-15-2009, 05:37 PM
you do know that when i says bi amp capability it means that the xover in it is adjustable so that 2 channels can go to tweets and two channels can go to the mids part of a component set rgiht? at least i think that's what it means when i read it.

"Bi-Amp Connection
Complete 2-way Multi connection is possible. This helps to realize perfect sound tuning that can not be achieve using a passive network. "

mmouse57
11-15-2009, 07:50 PM
yeah it just means the amp can do high pass range on its crossover and is muti channel so yeah you cna run one amp for 2 channels tweeter and mid so no passive crossovers needed :)

as for mids focal and jl audio in that price range sound good just dont use the passive crossover networks that come with whaever mids and tweeters oyu buy and use te amps crossover

fasfocus00
11-15-2009, 07:51 PM
MB Quart PVI216

Richg
11-15-2009, 08:14 PM
yeah it just means the amp can do high pass range on its crossover and is muti channel so yeah you cna run one amp for 2 channels tweeter and mid so no passive crossovers needed :)

as for mids focal and jl audio in that price range sound good just dont use the passive crossover networks that come with whaever mids and tweeters oyu buy and use te amps crossover

Oh, ok, thanks. So would it make any difference if I could bypass the crossover that comes with the speaker system? Is there any benefit to doing so except saving space? I guess what i'm asking is, would doing it one way or the other sound better?
No matter how hard i try I can't wrap my head around this electronic stuff. :rolleyes:

Theride
11-15-2009, 09:19 PM
I would like to know the benfits also.

My rainbow crossovers are bi-amp capable. based on the readings here, tweeters dont need much power anyway.

supermaxx123
11-15-2009, 09:24 PM
My mb quarts have that.