PDA

View Full Version : Should I relocate my 3.5 dash speakers?

Gs04Aero
11-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Guys, not sure if this is the right place to put this one but I figured it would be ok. I'm planning out all my car audio now and have decided on the speakers, but am trying to figure out the best sound quality options here. So the front stage is going to be ID CTX65cs' off my amp, and I'm replacing the factory 3.5s with new Boston Acoustic 3.5s. So my concern is that I've read that having the sound bounce off the front glass isn't good for sound quality. Since I have to custom mount tweeters somewhere anyway should I go ahead and fiberglass a new A-pillar to house the tweeters and the 3.5s? Would they sound better that way? Sound worse next to each other? What do you guys think?

altoncustomtech
11-10-2009, 11:17 AM
If you're installing the component set you really won't need the 3.5's anymore... Yeah having them in there with the components can easily cause an SQ problem....

Gs04Aero
11-10-2009, 11:18 AM
If you're installing the component set you really won't need the 3.5's anymore... Yeah having them in there with the components can easily cause an SQ problem....

So you think I should just not even waste the money replacing them?

eharri3
11-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Id turn them off otherwise theyl cause frequency response problems if not crossed over appropriately to work with the component system.

Flipx99
11-18-2009, 12:01 AM
I'd only have 3.5s in the dash if I was not concerned about SQ. I have them in my daily driver...I just bought the first cheap set that popped up in the classifieds. They are all about the same.