PDA

View Full Version : Engine Problems?

williamssam81
11-06-2009, 02:58 AM
I have a 2000 Audi A6 2.7T and recently the engine is not working right. after coming to a stop I will step on the gas and the gears wont get caught to turn the wheels. Instead the engine revs and the car rolls until the the wheels work. I am thinking this can be a transmission problem but I really dont know. Could it also be the timing belt?? please let me know if any of you encountered a problem like this before and if you solved it.

Blue Fury
11-06-2009, 03:00 AM
get the transmission serviced. Might be costly.

BassElementz
11-06-2009, 03:06 AM
manual tranny or auto? if its manual then the clutch is not engaging properly. if its auto then torque converter may be bad, clutches may be worn out, or you may have a fluid leak. first things first, check your tranny fluid and see if its at the proper level and also check the smell and color. clean, bright red = good, dirty, brown with a burnt smell = bad. how many miles do you have on it?

supermaxx123
11-06-2009, 03:06 AM
torque converter? audi would be costly

Toone
11-06-2009, 03:10 AM
im slippin im fallin i cant get up?

audioatg
11-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Only 3 posts. I wouldnt even bother guys/girls. Like the others, I dought he comes on often to read his own thread.

SicAudio
11-08-2009, 07:30 PM
lol

SpringfieldOhio
11-08-2009, 07:53 PM
if you sit in the car look at the dash wen you start it up and if the problem continues then i would say the problem is between the steering wheel and the driver seat. if its not that then change the transmission filter and fluid this is usually the problem since most people dont change it when they do a tune up. it is def. not the serpintine belt. to change the tranny filter unbolt it from the tranny but go slow and have something to catch the fluid. wen it is completely off you should see a magnet on the inside of the pan check it for metal shavings. if there is metal shavings then the tranny may need repaired. if its clean then you should be able to get away with just a filter and fluid change. if its a manual then check the clutch or the throw out bearing. if you have any other questions pm me i will respond shortly.

audioatg
11-08-2009, 09:13 PM
if you sit in the car look at the dash wen you start it up and if the problem continues then i would say the problem is between the steering wheel and the driver seat. if its not that then change the transmission filter and fluid this is usually the problem since most people dont change it when they do a tune up. it is def. not the serpintine belt. to change the tranny filter unbolt it from the tranny but go slow and have something to catch the fluid. wen it is completely off you should see a magnet on the inside of the pan check it for metal shavings. if there is metal shavings then the tranny may need repaired. if its clean then you should be able to get away with just a filter and fluid change. if its a manual then check the clutch or the throw out bearing. if you have any other questions pm me i will respond shortly.

See three posts above. The part with the steering wheel and drivers seat. I want more info. That has to do with the car not going into gear how???