PDA

View Full Version : what kind of box would fit best?????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????

CRhodes
12-01-2003, 09:51 PM
i recently purchased 2-15" Phoenix Gold Ti Dual4ohm subs and a Hifonics BX1500D amp.(so recent they havent come in yet) the subs will be wired in 1 ohm. the subs sealed need 1-2 cu. feet while ported they need 2-3 cu ft., should i make a sealed box?if so what cu ft.? if ported? which cu. ft. is best? or should i make a Fiberglass sealed box? i want to have great SQ along with the bump i need...(fiberglass is the option to make it look good too) and since they will be wired together for 1 ohm....should i have the subs separated....if so, which i feel is a good idea(could be wrong) how would i run the wires through the separator?

BulldogSr04
12-02-2003, 06:23 PM
i would make a 6 cu ft ported box tuned to about 25 hz with removable ports for competition. that would be sweet. just use some mdf

CRhodes
12-02-2003, 09:43 PM
what are the benefits to making a two chamber box compared to one big 6 cu ft one...

BulldogSr04
12-02-2003, 09:48 PM
if one of the subs blows then you can still be boomin, its more of a pain in the *** then its worth though.