PDA

View Full Version : Bandpass Box Design

Shawnk1
12-01-2003, 04:02 PM
I am in the process of designing a custom box for my 2 Audiobahn 1206T's. Suggested airspace for a ported enclosure is 2.4 feet per sub. My question is if I have a bandpass box with a front sealed section (illuminated by a blacklight and 2 strobes), do I count the sealed portion of the box in the total volume calculation or do I only count the airspace as the space behind the subs in the ported portion of the box?

I also am wondering if, since the blacklight and the strobes require 12V power supplies, can I splice my amp remote feed from the deck to feed the blacklight and strobes as well, or is that a bad idea?

Any advise anyone can provide would be hugely appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!

80_Cutlass_mn
12-01-2003, 07:37 PM
I cant help ya on the box question but I can help you with the lights question. With the combined power consumption of the amp, the strobes, and the blacklights. I think you will be asking too much of the remote wire from your H/U. I would not advise doing this. Allthough you could on the other hand, set up a relay system. But then you have the problem of being able to shut off the lights if you want, in any case your going to have to run some sort of wires to the front of the car unless you want to have to stop pop your trunk, or whatever you have, and turn them on with some sort of switch there.

Shawnk1
12-02-2003, 09:20 AM
Actually I have a 2002 Jeep Liberty which has a 12V Cigarette Lighter power outlet in the back of the vehicle in the trunk section. So I will feed the blacklight and stobes from that using a seperate switch mechanism that I will loop up to the dashboard so it can be turned on and off from the drivers seat. Do you see any problem running both the lights and strobes off of one 12V power feed, and leave the H/U 12V feed solely for the amp?

Thanks for your input!!!!!!!

-Shawn

80_Cutlass_mn
12-02-2003, 05:31 PM
No that will be ok, most cigarette lighters are fused at something like 10 amps and I know alot of things that pull close to that, such as spotlights that plug into them. So strobe lights and neons will not be a problem on that.