PDA

View Full Version : what box for a van

more_power
12-01-2003, 03:49 AM
what kind of box should I use for a shortened fullsize van?
And how shoud i place it?

LoneRanger
12-01-2003, 10:38 AM
what kind of box should I use for a shortened fullsize van?
And how shoud i place it?

Rear facing, large ported box. Let me know what subs you plan on using and i can help you a little more.

more_power
12-01-2003, 11:10 PM
I havent decide on a sub yet, but I am planning on running 500 or more watts rms mono amp. I am really not settoany thing. I just want to get the most out of what ever I get.

more_power
12-04-2003, 02:17 AM
How would 2 infinity kappa perfects with a jbl pb1200.1 amp or simalar power, sound. Can u help me some more? And by rear facing do u mean the sud or the port?

Redford
12-04-2003, 02:57 AM
make a wall :P

LoneRanger
12-04-2003, 03:45 PM
How would 2 infinity kappa perfects with a jbl pb1200.1 amp or simalar power, sound. Can u help me some more? And by rear facing do u mean the sud or the port?

2 kappa's + JBL 1200.1 + ported box = blown subs :)

For the price, you might check into either 2 elemental K series or 3 elemental kx series subs.....the adire shiva is nice too...incriminator makes a fairly cost-efficient driver and I've heard good things about them recently.....can't forget RE's SE series either! There are tons of subs out there to choose from, just do a search on the subwoofer part of the forum, and you'll have more info than you'd ever want to read :)

Any way you go here, you won't need that monster amp. I've owned a couple of those, and in the hands of an inexperienced person, it's nothing more than a subwoofer eating machine. I'd scale it down to about 600-800w so it doesn't put so much of a strain on your charging system. SPL gains from power are nothing compared to the gains from added cone area, and you can use the money you save by getting a smaller amp to get better (or more) subs. KAPPAS ****! :thumbsdow

The port should fire to the rear. It doesn't matter where the subs are pointed as long as the port fires back.