PDA

View Full Version : Box for an Orion H2

marshall
11-30-2003, 02:45 PM
I'm helping someone with a ported box for a dual 4 ohm 15" H2 that will have around 1800w rms going to it. It's going to be used for daily driving as well as spl comps and is going in an suv so space isn't really an issue. Does anyone have any good recommendations?

RMKrider1
11-30-2003, 05:31 PM
3 cubes is the "sweet spot" for those. Try tuning to around 33hz for daily driving (may want higher for comps). Try to give it as much port area as you can (maybe 80 sq inches or so)

marshall
12-03-2003, 02:13 PM
Thanks, I will build a box around 3 cubes that has that port area soon. Please post if anyone else has further suggestions.

LoneRanger
12-03-2003, 04:30 PM
Thanks, I will build a box around 3 cubes that has that port area soon. Please post if anyone else has further suggestions.

I'm pretty sure those subs like a slightly larger box than that.....LEAP is showing me SPL gains up to 5 cubes (that's the biggest number I ran....anything bigger than that for a single sub really isn't "daily driver" material)

The curve is also staying pretty flat all the way up to five cubes (assuming 33hz tuning), however i think it would start to get real peaky real fast if you went much bigger. Also, good luck making a port that's 80 square inches tuned to 33hz....that's gonna be a friggen monster in any box.....

This brings me to my suggestion: 4 cubes, 28hz port plug w/ ~20-30 square inches of port for daily use (very flat response by my calculations), 50-65hz w/ ~80-100 square inches of port for competition.