PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic CQ-VAD7300D

OldmanWheeler
11-30-2003, 01:30 PM
I recently had a Panasonic CQ-VAD7300D installed in my 2004 Ford F150 and I have two questions:

1) The standard mounting kit pas the unit sticking out away from the dash, whereas, all the other components are flush with the dash. Is there a way to mount the Panasonic CQ-VAD7300D so that it is flush with the center counsel?

2) In the manual it refers to NAVI SETUP or Navigational input; however, it dose not go into any details on what GPS systems can be used, is it voice only that over rides music or by hooking up the proper GPS Unit can VTR1 or VTR2 be used to display the GPS information?

If anyone out there can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated. Thank You, Bob F

CRhodes
12-02-2003, 01:59 PM
i have the unit...dont know question 2, question 1...what i think your talking bout is it pertrudes from the dash and thats just so the dash wont get in the way of it extending up....i dunno if thats your question or not

OldmanWheeler
12-02-2003, 02:32 PM
Ya you're correct. The unit has a feature where you can adjust the LCD screen further out to clear any knobs or other items on the dash. What I would like to do is mount the entire unit so that it is flush with the dash and then adjust the LCD screen so it comes out far enought to clear everything.

I understand that eventually Panasonic will be introducing a GPS system for this series of radios. When you plug it into the radio using RCA cords it will mute the music, DVD, whatever is playing so you can hear the voice on the GPS unit giving you instructions. No date on the release of this item.

FYI: If anyone wants to add xenon bulbs here is the information: the front takes a 9008 and the fog lights take a 9005/HB3. I had to order mine from Australia since they are widely used in European models. You can go to http://www.importscene.com.au
to get additiona information.

scoob
12-03-2003, 09:36 PM
Do you like this unit? I am looking at buying this unit. Where did you get it from?