PDA

View Full Version : iApex and x1le deal gone bad

x1le
10-27-2009, 12:50 PM
Whats the condition on it? Do you have any pics I can see?

This is going to be for mostly presentation so it needs to look pretty.

I just went down and took some pics. If I had to rate it I'd say it's a 9.5/10.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9436/dscf1889d.jpg

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/2120/dscf1890.jpg

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/6045/dscf1891.jpg

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/8618/dscf1892z.jpg

no problem man. I will ship this amp out tomorrow morning and have the tracking over to you by afternoon.

Alright sounds good, money sent.
Thanks for being a good businessman.
When I get the amp in ill give you feedback in your thread accordingly. :)

hey man, sorry I didn't send tracking this afternoon. just got home and it's the first chance I've had to use the comp.

tracking # 1za4v1950342136152
UPS? and it's no problem, thanks for shipping out so fast.

Went to test it again today, hooked up everything while the car was off. Turn the car got an E-02 on the amp, tried turning the car on and off, checking all the connections... nothing.

E-02?

downloaded the manual and looked it up and it sais to disconnect power to the amp, reset it, and it should be good. Said it occurs when the speaker leads touch??
So press the reset button while the power is disconnected?
They definitely touched so that could be the problem. I'll try it out tomorrow and see.

I thought it was broken for good. So that was music to my ears.

well, it mentioned to disconnect power, try reseting it, and if it still occurs to contact a kenwood repair station or whatever.

thats the manual atleast. I will do some more searching online see if I can dig up anything.

Alright I appreciate it. I'll try that tomorrow and see what happens.

Just got back from the shop, they put it on the bench and said it was broken, it's in protection mode and wont come out. They said it would be $40 to send it in and IF it can be fixed, it would cost $100-$200+

The Excelon series have 2 year warranty, would this amp still be covered under that?

that price is an absolute joke.

and it should still be covered. it is definitely less than a year old.
You bought it new from somewhere right? If it's less than 1 year old then it should definitely be covered.

See if you can round up the warranty information. Idk how comfortable you feel giving it to me but other than that, we're out of options.

Just let me know man, i'm not in any rush, and I usually respond to PM's within minutes of them being sent because it's forwarded to my cell.

I'm going to go to bed now though so if you respond tonight i'll reply around 9 30 tomorrow morning.

Hey, unless you have everything together for the warranty process today, I'm going to have to just ask for a refund because my due date got pushed back and I'm not going to have as much as I originally thought. I wont have the time to process the warranty and get another one shipped out to me.

Sorry about this it's very unfortunate on both accounts but look at the bright side, if you find the warranty you will be able to get paid for going through all of this. (because you can sell a new one for more than a used one) :)

I searched and could not locate any original purchase info.

And I hate to say it, but do you think it's fair to receive a full refund after you say the pos and neg speaker leads touch and put the amp into protection?

....so I will be out of shipping costs and the cost of the amp...

Thats a **** shame you couldn't find it. But you have a lot better chance finding it then I ever would you know?

Yes I know they touched but I don't think that was the reason for failure, like I said it wasn't even performing nearly what it was supposed to from the second I pulled it out of the package and hooked it up so I believe there was something faulty with it to begin with. (intentionally or not, i have no idea) but thats what I think. Plus I touched the speaker leads on my other amp just to test it and it didn't fry that one... so I don't think that was the main cause of failure.

It's unfortunate on both accounts and I don't think you should be out any money and neither should I but unfortunate situations happen and we have to make peace about them. You are not out the cost of the amp if you find the warranty information, if you can't find it then thats kind of your fault you know?

How about you give me back the total cost minus the shipping probably around $15, $20 so what? $145-$150? and I'll ship it back to you at my expense via USPS delivery confirmation exactly how you packed it to me.

I think you being the original owner you shouldn't have a problem getting it fixed or replaced.

I have a video of the amp working in my own car, literally the same day I pulled it out and packaged it up so I could get my new equipment in there.

All I can say is that the amp was completely functional when I sent it out. No offense, but I have no choice but to assume user error in this case. I know it was packaged well for shipping. If it arrived looking like it was kicked down the street, then that'd be another story.

I'm not a retail store. I don't offer a warranty on items I sell. I sell things here and there to get a little extra money and pass some stuff along, and go out of my way to help someone whenever I can. Had a bunch of transactions, never had one go bad yet, except for now I suppose. I just don't feel like a refund is my obligation. I said I'd try my best to find some info so it could be warranty replaced, which I searched for, but unfortunately didn't find anything.

If you touched the positive and negative speaker wires, I can guarantee that is the reason the amp went into protection. You should never short the speaker wires. The spark that occurs is telling you something...

So you think I'm lying then, I read up on the situation last night and came across numerous people who had speaker leads touching for days that didnt fry their amps, It clearly was not working properly when I received it even though you claim it was, there was no sparking and no fuses blown.

I understand you are not a store but you should not be able to sell faulty items to someone and claim it's okay If you refuse to give me a refund of what I requested I will be forced to seek legal action, blacken your name and end up getting my money back anyways, which I really don't want to do because I believe you are a nice guy. I'm doing this for a school project and have had many problems from people on this site when it comes to buying things I bought a sub last monday and the guy still has not shipped it... so I'm sure you can understand where I'm coming from.

I tried to help you out by recommending things and advice and always responded to you within twenty minutes whereas you take up to a day to respond to me which really is starting to bother me. I believe I have been more than compliant and it is your fault you dont have your warranty information so you can't get it replaced, anyone with minor intelligence would keep the original paperwork on a product with a 2 year warranty. And even if you lost it, you still might be able to get it processed just because you are the original owner.

I'll let CA be the judge. what are some outsiders thoughts on this?

iApex
10-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Amp was faulty from the start.
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=439573

Problem only worsened as time went on.

plugitin
10-27-2009, 12:55 PM
interesting

Supergumby5000
10-27-2009, 12:56 PM
The power and ground leads touching would cause a short, but it appears that amp is fused. If that was the case, the amp wouldnt power on at all until the fuses were replaced.

If the amp powers on and is in protection, that sounds like a different situation to me. I'm not taking sides on this, but thats my 2 cents.

Supergumby5000
10-27-2009, 12:57 PM
with that said, did you check all three fuses in the side of the amp?

99grandprixGT
10-27-2009, 01:06 PM
same thing happened to a kenwood amp i sold on craigslist. i took it out of my car, sold it same day guy calls me up saying it dont power. luckly i bought it with warranty and got if fixed for free.

tommyk90
10-27-2009, 01:09 PM
Any chance of the buyer sending back the amp to you, you test it, and then go from there?

iApex
10-27-2009, 02:04 PM
with that said, did you check all three fuses in the side of the amp?
Yes all the fuses are fine none popped or even had any damage done to them at all, I would think the wires touching would cause them to pop, but they didnt

same thing happened to a kenwood amp i sold on craigslist. i took it out of my car, sold it same day guy calls me up saying it dont power. luckly i bought it with warranty and got if fixed for free.

As you can see, i recommended he take it back and get the refund but sadly he lost the original paperwork on it.

Any chance of the buyer sending back the amp to you, you test it, and then go from there?

Seeing how the way I have been treated there is no way I'd send it to him without a refund, I brought it to a local store and they said it was done for when they hooked it up on the bench.

ThatChevyGuy
10-27-2009, 02:06 PM
take it back

KyleBechtold
10-27-2009, 02:14 PM
who did you take it to around here? The fuses are a safety feature but won't always stop abuse.. admitting to touching the speaker leads kinda buried yourself.. although it was the correct thing to do.. How was it not working out of the box if before you got it working you touched the leads?

jmanpc
10-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Amp was faulty from the start.

Problem only worsened as time went on.

This

iApex
10-27-2009, 02:20 PM
who did you take it to around here? The fuses are a safety feature but won't always stop abuse.. admitting to touching the speaker leads kinda buried yourself.. although it was the correct thing to do.. How was it not working out of the box if before you got it working you touched the leads?
Pop My Trunk Customs in New Port Richey just north of Main St. on US 19

I knew it would start digging me into a hole but I'm not a liar so I do the honorable thing and admit to my wrongs, if this thread ends up deciding in his favor and it was my fault it's broken, i'll accept that and move on. But I seriously don't believe it's my fault it's broken.

Here is what was wrong with it out of the box...

In a nutshell it wouldn't put out any power at all, could barley push a kicker comp and a mtx thunder 6000 (one at a time, not together)

Also idk if this matters or not but when I first took it out I noticed when I was moving the amp, it was making this sort of clunking sound like something was loose inside. I have no idea what it would be or if it matters but I didn't think it was a huge deal.

mokedaddy
10-27-2009, 02:25 PM
take the bottom off the amp and take pics.

Not to be an *** but it sounds like you dont know what you are doing. :crap:

KyleBechtold
10-27-2009, 02:30 PM
Pop My Trunk Customs in New Port Richey just north of Main St.

I knew it would start digging me into a hole but I'm not a liar so I do the honorable thing and admit to my wrongs, if this thread ends up deciding in his favor and it was my fault it's broken, i'll accept that and move on. But I seriously don't believe it's my fault it's broken.

Here is what was wrong with it out of the box...

In a nutshell it wouldn't put out any power at all, could barley push a kicker comp and a mtx thunder 6000 (one at a time, not together)

Also idk if this matters or not but when I first took it out I noticed when I was moving the amp, it was making this sort of clunking sound like something was loose inside. I have no idea what it would be or if it matters but I didn't think it was a huge deal.

I don't understand why you would not stop there and take a video before hooking it up saying there is a clunking noise inside... That was a big mistake aswell.. also I viewed the thread and having the gain maxed for all the tests was not helping.. it also looked like the lpf was on 30 and if so it would really limit what it would put out.. If it was putting out power your settings were most likely to blame..

iApex
10-27-2009, 02:34 PM
I don't understand why you would not stop there and take a video before hooking it up saying there is a clunking noise inside... That was a big mistake aswell.. also I viewed the thread and having the gain maxed for all the tests was not helping.. it also looked like the lpf was on 30 and if so it would really limit what it would put out.. If it was putting out power your settings were most likely to blame..

I didn't think anything of it, so nothing I can do about that now. The gain was not maxed for all the test. When we had it connected we tried every variation you could of all things on that amp. and nothing made a difference, it's not like I just hooked it up on those settings and it didnt do what I expected so I said "well it's broken" I tried everything on there.

iApex
10-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Anyone else?

whitedragon551
10-27-2009, 06:39 PM
He has proof it was in working condition right before he shipped it, you admitted to shorting the wires, you claimed it did work out of the box, but you also proved the settings where way off. Id say its your own fault.

iApex
10-27-2009, 06:44 PM
He has proof it was in working condition right before he shipped it, you admitted to shorting the wires, you claimed it did work out of the box, but you also proved the settings where way off. Id say its your own fault.

I'd like to see said video with proof and date, I have yet to see it. And it wouldn't make a difference anyways, another person in this thread said the same thing happened to them. I admitted to touching the wires but it has also been said that, that would not cause the problem at hand, it powered on out of the box but barley, I played with the settings and what the picture I took was of, was not the settings it was on the whole time, I moved them around a lot and nothing would make it budge.

I mean come on, how does an amp rated @ 1200wrms @2ohm not power a kicker comp 12"? The sony amp had no trouble blasting it but the X1R wouldn't do anything no matter what settings were on it.

whitedragon551
10-27-2009, 06:47 PM
I'd like to see said video with proof and date, I have yet to see it. And it wouldn't make a difference anyways, another person in this thread said the same thing happened to them. I admitted to touching the wires but it has also been said that, that would not cause the problem at hand, it powered on out of the box but barley, I played with the settings and what the picture I took was of, was not the settings it was on the whole time, I moved them around a lot and nothing would make it budge.

I mean come on, how does an amp rated @ 1200wrms @2ohm not power a kicker comp 12"? The sony amp had no trouble blasting it but the X1R wouldn't do anything no matter what settings were on it.

Kenwood is a ****** company as far as amps go. They dont do rated power. You should have never expected rated power out of one in the first place. Did you use a DMM to set the gains and everything right? If not I still say installer error provided he posts proof it was working. If the packaged arrived in tact he can only assume installer error if it was working for him when he sent it.

iApex
10-27-2009, 06:54 PM
Kenwood is a ****** company as far as amps go. They dont do rated power. You should have never expected rated power out of one in the first place. Did you use a DMM to set the gains and everything right? If not I still say installer error provided he posts proof it was working. If the packaged arrived in tact he can only assume installer error if it was working for him when he sent it.

I didnt expect it to do rated power but I did expect it to throw out about 800wrms @2ohm

Which if you know the kicker comp...
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-h2JPZ67RkGZ/p_2065C124/Kicker-Comp-05C12.html

Is much more than that thing can handle, and should certainly be better than a super old piece of **** sony amp. The gains were set with a DMM and by the ear and it wouldn't push it. Where is his proof that it worked the day he shipped it out? you claim he has it but all he has is a claim that he has it...

And since when does touching speaker leads blow amps? I have seen people that had wires touching for days with their stuff cutting out that didn't blow their amp and I touched the leads on my other kenwood amp just to check and it didn't fry that one either... it didn't even emit a spark when it happened, no noise or anything on either amp

whitedragon551
10-27-2009, 07:08 PM
Maybe it didnt play because you powered the Kicker to much and blew the sub not the amp.

hrtbrk1
10-27-2009, 07:10 PM
take the bottom off the amp and take pics.

Not to be an *** but it sounds like you dont know what you are doing. :crap:
x2...you should have taken a vid of how the packaging was or something or that clanking noise...also touching wires is still bad....

but i would still like to see that video of it working before he sent it to you.

even if the fact that it happened to someone else doesnt mean it applies to you as well. you stated an error u made...

still a tough choice without that video

whitedragon551
10-27-2009, 07:12 PM
x2...you should have taken a vid of how the packaging was or something or that clanking noise...also touching wires is still bad....

but i would still like to see that video of it working before he sent it to you.

even if the fact that it happened to someone else doesnt mean it applies to you as well. you stated an error u made...

Id like to see the proof as well.

iApex
10-27-2009, 07:24 PM
Maybe it didnt play because you powered the Kicker to much and blew the sub not the amp.
Powered the sub before and after so that was not the case, and also tried 2 totally different subs one was in his truck and the other was in my car

I should have I know, i'll take the bottom off with his permission.
Even with the video that wouldn't mean hes completely in the right, whos to say he didn't drop it right before he stuck it in the box? or something else didn't happen to it.
The fact that it happened to someone else does not mean it applies to me but it does state that it wouldn't be the first time and could possibly be the problem here.

I took responsibility for my problems, i wish the seller would too. Sure it's a crappy situation but it's not okay to just run from your problems.

whitedragon551
10-27-2009, 07:34 PM
From your other thread you got the error code you did because of your installation error. It wouldnt go away. It would have never happened if you wouldnt have had your error. I wouldnt refund anything.

If he agrees to pull the back off have a look around the inputs, maybe some metal shavings or something is on the board and causing them to bridge after you pressed the reset button.

iApex
10-27-2009, 07:38 PM
From your other thread you got the error code you did because of your installation error. It wouldnt go away. It would have never happened if you wouldnt have had your error. I wouldnt refund anything.

If he agrees to pull the back off have a look around the inputs, maybe some metal shavings or something is on the board and causing them to bridge after you pressed the reset button.

Considering the amp was not performing right after the first time it got hooked up i think it was on its way out and he may have gotten rid of it for half of retail price because he knew it and wanted to get rid of it asap.

The fact that he lurks the forums for a hour or more after I send him a PM and he doest reply, tells me that something is fishy, he shouldn't be trusted and he irresponsible.

whitedragon551
10-27-2009, 07:45 PM
Considering the amp was not performing right after the first time it got hooked up i think it was on its way out and he may have gotten rid of it for half of retail price because he knew it and wanted to get rid of it asap.

The fact that he lurks the forums for a hour or more after I send him a PM and he doest reply, tells me that something is fishy, he shouldn't be trusted and he irresponsible.

His stats show he logged out 3 minutes after this thread was created and hasnt been back. Give the dude a chance. If he has proof of what he says your screwed. If not I think he should take it back before you change your mind. Its his own fault for not keeping a receipt incase a warranty claim has to be made. He cant pin that on you and say thats the reason for no refund.

iApex
10-27-2009, 08:07 PM
His stats show he logged out 3 minutes after this thread was created and hasnt been back. Give the dude a chance. If he has proof of what he says your screwed. If not I think he should take it back before you change your mind. Its his own fault for not keeping a receipt incase a warranty claim has to be made. He cant pin that on you and say thats the reason for no refund.

I was talking in general, his communication was poor, I replied last night and I sat there and watched him browse the forums from the time I sent the message, around 9:57pm until 11pm when I got off the computer, then he responded between 10-11 this morning. And he's done that more than once.

I don't think even with a video hes in the right, unless the video shows the amp working in his car, him taking it out, packaging it and dropping it off at usps without any time-lapse or interruption, which I know no one would do... Then the video is useless, anyone could take a video, slap a timestamp on it or record a clock with the wrong date and time and then something happen to the product, (slip off the counter, drop it, animal knock it off of something...anything like that) and damage the product prior to packaging. He wouldn't know it was broken then he ships it off and it turns up faulty. It's all assumption though and could be turned the other way around.

But thats what I think about it. Unless someone can prove that me touching the leads together broke the amp, i will not accept anything less than what I asked for.

Supergumby5000
10-27-2009, 08:11 PM

Maybe he logged out so people with brains like you would think he wasnt around?

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 8 (6 members and 2 guests)

tough argument though. From the symptoms in the other thread it could have been a premature issue, and wiring it up a second time caused it to go poof. However, the guy that bought them amp could have toasted it as well.

I think both should meet in the middle somewhere, since everything is so unclear.

MakeshiftAudio
10-27-2009, 08:19 PM
User error. You admitted that you shorted the speaker terminals. Any and all official or implied warranties just do not apply. Regardless of what someone else "said happened to them when you short the speaker terminals."

Do you want me to explain what happens when you short the speaker terminals? Let me give you a hint: Power supply rails shorting through the fets to 0V reference.

Even if it was damaged before hand, you shorting it could have EASILY messed things up even more.

/thread

Edit: I still want to see that dated video of it working.

Ekimdude
10-27-2009, 08:20 PM
I actually had a deal go bad with iApex, we were supposed to meet last Thursday and he was to **** my balls through my butt for 9' of Knu 8 gauge power wire. He ended up up showwing up an hour late and gave my brown hole a nice tounge lashing but couldnt fulfill his end of the deal in the end.

Shinju
10-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Popping the Bottom off will void any warranty if there is one, That amp has a Seal on it.

Dont do it.

whitedragon551
10-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Popping the Bottom off will void any warranty if there is one, That amp has a Seal on it.

Dont do it.

Its voided anyways because iApex admitted to wiring it wrong and touching wires.

Shinju
10-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Its voided anyways because iApex admitted to wiring it wrong and touching wires.

Kenwood does'nt have to know that, 9/10 times they will just replace it with a new unit, Shop I used to work for was a Kenwood dealer they hardly ever asked questions unless the amp was a total wreck.

jadon087
10-27-2009, 08:28 PM
I actually had a deal go bad with iApex, we were supposed to meet last Thursday and he was to **** my balls through my butt for 9' of Knu 8 gauge power wire. He ended up up showwing up an hour late and gave my brown hole a nice tounge lashing but couldnt fulfill his end of the deal in the end.

Always knew you were a feg

Ekimdude
10-27-2009, 08:30 PM
Always knew you were a feg

Shoulda just asked your dad if you were wonderin.

Shinju
10-27-2009, 08:30 PM
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/6045/dscf1891.jpg

Looks like the Seal has been tampered with anyway. Right Under the Power/GND block with the Barcode.

That will raise a redflag to them.

iApex
10-27-2009, 08:53 PM
User error. You admitted that you shorted the speaker terminals. Any and all official or implied warranties just do not apply. Regardless of what someone else "said happened to them when you short the speaker terminals."

Do you want me to explain what happens when you short the speaker terminals? Let me give you a hint: Power supply rails shorting through the fets to 0V reference.

Even if it was damaged before hand, you shorting it could have EASILY messed things up even more.

/thread

It's not only what other people have said it's also what I have witnessed, I even said I toughed the leads on my other kenwood amp to see and it didn't do anything to that one.

If it was damaged before hand, me doing ANYTHING, could have Easily messed things up even more... I don't see your point here.

x1le
10-27-2009, 09:07 PM
Amp was never opened, atleast on my end...

And why are you calling me shady? Almost attacking me, all because I don't agree with you?

I'm sorry I don't instantly reply, but I've been more than timely with my communication. Saying I "can't be trusted and am irresponsible" because I'm on the forum an hour after you pm me is a joke. Ever think I keep ca.com tabbed when I'm on the comp and don't live on this site, unfortunately?

If this stayed on the topic of the amp apparently not working properly, I wouldn't have been happy, but I would have refunded you. But you admitted to basically putting the amp into protection. I look up the error code you told me, and it stated it can be caused when 2 speaker leads touch, which you then admitted to doing - so how can you say you don't think this did it?? Just because you don't think it worked properly beforehand is kind of unimportant now in my opinion. If you bought a brand new tv and the sound was messed up, you don't kick a hole in it rendering it further useless than say "it was broken anyways"...

And the vid I got wasn't one that was made to show off the item. I just wanted to make a before video of the system in my car that I'd be able to compare to once I got some new stuff. will find n post it up if it's necessary...

whitedragon551
10-27-2009, 09:10 PM
That seal does look fishy Shinju.

x1le Id post the vid or pics to prove it to everyone else. After thats done you should be in the clear.

iApex
10-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Amp was never opened, atleast on my end...

And why are you calling me shady? Almost attacking me, all because I don't agree with you?

I'm sorry I don't instantly reply, but I've been more than timely with my communication. Saying I "can't be trusted and am irresponsible" because I'm on the forum an hour after you pm me is a joke. Ever think I keep ca.com tabbed when I'm on the comp and don't live on this site, unfortunately?

If this stayed on the topic of the amp apparently not working properly, I wouldn't have been happy, but I would have refunded you. But you admitted to basically putting the amp into protection. I look up the error code you told me, and it stated it can be caused when 2 speaker leads touch, which you then admitted to doing - so how can you say you don't think this did it??

And the vid I got wasn't one that was made to show off the item. I just wanted to make a before video of the system in my car that I'd be able to compare to once I got some new stuff. will find n post it up if it's necessary...

Ahh see I would agree with that, except I watched you view several threads about every 2-4 minutes or so, soooo It was not tabbed and you were browsing the site. This just shows me even further that you are irresponsible.

Here is the same manual you called upon where you said the error code said it is caused by touching the speaker leads.
http://i33.tinypic.com/24432j5.png
i don't see it saying what you are claiming...
The fact is was malfunctioning originally leads me to believe that it was not my fault, maybe touching the leads contributed to the problem, but it would have been inevitable, regardless of that happening.

Oh and what a surprise, you don't have the video...
And when did I attack you? maybe I said something you misread, very possible considering I have been overly patient with you, giving you plenty of time to respond and you browse the site instead of responding to me, which shows the problem is obviously not that high on your priority list.

MakeshiftAudio
10-27-2009, 09:16 PM
If it was damaged before hand, me doing ANYTHING, could have Easily messed things up even more... I don't see your point here.Explains the creation of the thread. The amp has a protect for this condition in specific.

That seal does look fishy Shinju.

x1le Id post the vid or pics to prove it to everyone else. After thats done you should be in the clear.

I agree. Need the video.

MakeshiftAudio
10-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Ahh see I would agree with that, except I watched you view several threads about every 2-4 minutes or so, soooo It was not tabbed and you were browsing the site. This just shows me even further that you are irresponsible.

Here is the same manual you called upon where you said the error code said it is caused by touching the speaker leads.
http://i33.tinypic.com/24432j5.png
i don't see it saying what you are claiming...
The fact is was malfunctioning originally leads me to believe that it was not my fault, maybe touching the leads contributed to the problem, but it would have been inevitable, regardless of that happening.

Oh and what a surprise, you don't have the video...
And when did I attack you? maybe I said something you misread, very possible considering I have been overly patient with you, giving you plenty of time to respond and you browse the site instead of responding to me, which shows the problem is obviously not that high on your priority list.

Caught red handed. You blew the channel by blowing one branch of the output channel's halfbridge, directly putting a power supply rail through the blown fet to the speaker out.(Through the output filter network, but that's irrelevant here). The amp sees this (DC) and goes into protect. This can be done by, SHORTING THE SPEAKER TERMINALS. Did you not do that?

I will repair this amplifier's blown output channel for $75 FYI.

hrtbrk1
10-27-2009, 09:32 PM
lol @ sam

x1le
10-27-2009, 09:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZHXSjawP7E

theres the vid. no date, other than the day I uploaded it. I just felt like doin a little before vid, seeing if my cam would pick up flex, and to try n compare to the system i have now...

so there it is for whatever it's worth.

whitedragon551
10-27-2009, 09:42 PM
Id say its definately working there. It also has no physical damage in his pics so its safe to say it wasnt dropped as you claimed iApex. I think iApex is SOL.

hornedfrog1985
10-27-2009, 09:43 PM
this Thread Smells Like ****

adrian1185
10-27-2009, 10:00 PM
Hope everything gets sorted out. X1le is a pretty good seller from what I've experienced. Ive seen pics of the amp before from prior PMs and i never saw anything fishy going on. Thats just my 2 cents

jadon087
10-27-2009, 10:01 PM
Yeah iapex seems like you didn't even say anything to him about the output of the amp before the touching of the terminals and the e-02 error.

adrian1185
10-27-2009, 10:07 PM
Yeah iapex seems like you didn't even say anything to him about the output of the amp before the touching of the terminals and the e-02 error.

x2

MakeshiftAudio
10-27-2009, 10:11 PM
I'll test and repair it. :fyi: Find out what really is going on.

x1le
10-27-2009, 10:12 PM
I did not post every pm, just skimmed through them, and posted the ones so people could get the jist of the situation.

He contacted me saying he did not think it was doing rated power, and also made the thread which he linked to in here somewhere. I told him I would help him out the best I could.

When I sent the amp out it was fully functional. All I can assume is that either shipping messed it up, or it was user error. No mention of the shipping package was ever brought up...

goodstuff
10-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Not taking sides, but if you shorted the speaker terminals then it doesn't really matter because you would have a broken amp regardless of who or what caused it. **** it up and let makeshift or db-r fix it.

vitveet
10-27-2009, 11:36 PM

/thread

Dont do it.

Not taking sides, but if you shorted the speaker terminals then it doesn't really matter because you would have a broken amp regardless of who or what caused it. **** it up and let makeshift or db-r fix it.

All that^^^^^^^^^^

NO WAY he could or should give you any sort of refund after you've shorted the speaker wires!!! Whether that's the problem or not, that should not have happened. I've had amps that have had the speaker wires touching for days while the amp was on and things were fine; I've had amps that time the pos. and neg. speaker wire touched the amp was no good (put out no power). So every situation isn't the same.
Good luck with your new amp whenever you get it....or let makeshift fix if for you for cheap!

V.

MakeshiftAudio
10-27-2009, 11:52 PM
All that^^^^^^^^^^

NO WAY he could or should give you any sort of refund after you've shorted the speaker wires!!! Whether that's the problem or not, that should not have happened. I've had amps that have had the speaker wires touching for days while the amp was on and things were fine; I've had amps that time the pos. and neg. speaker wire touched the amp was no good (put out no power). So every situation isn't the same.
Good luck with your new amp whenever you get it....or let makeshift fix if for you for cheap!

V.

Yep. What vit explains matches the damages done to the amps I repair from him.

He speaks the truth.

basebalz13
10-28-2009, 12:04 AM
^^ im with stupid ^^

MakeshiftAudio
10-28-2009, 12:09 AM
Stop talking about hornedfrog like that. That's mean. :crazy:

basebalz13
10-28-2009, 12:16 AM
im talkin bout juu :D

basebalz13
10-28-2009, 12:17 AM
Sam FTMFW

aka MakeShiftAudi

aka My repair dude

aka the go to man in this situation

MakeshiftAudio
10-28-2009, 12:20 AM
Lol, thanks.

Boredom does wonders.

iApex
10-28-2009, 10:04 AM
Caught red handed. You blew the channel by blowing one branch of the output channel's halfbridge, directly putting a power supply rail through the blown fet to the speaker out.(Through the output filter network, but that's irrelevant here). The amp sees this (DC) and goes into protect. This can be done by, SHORTING THE SPEAKER TERMINALS. Did you not do that?

I will repair this amplifier's blown output channel for $75 FYI.
Where does it say this?
I'm not saying you're wrong but I want to see a source other the fact that you said so.

Id say its definately working there. It also has no physical damage in his pics so its safe to say it wasnt dropped as you claimed iApex. I think iApex is SOL.
Even if it was working in the video, that doesnt mean anything, something could have happened directly after the video was taken, maybe when he was uninstalling it? something that couldn't be seen from pictures?
And I never claimed he dropped it, I claimed it was very possible that he dropped it

I'll test and repair it. :fyi: Find out what really is going on.
I'll send you a pm later when I get home to negotiate.

I did not post every pm, just skimmed through them, and posted the ones so people could get the jist of the situation.

When I sent the amp out it was fully functional. All I can assume is that either shipping messed it up, or it was user error. No mention of the shipping package was ever brought up...
There was nothing wrong with the box so I doubt it was damaged through shipping.

So I'm guessing by the responses in this thread it is okay to sell faulty products to people, then when they crap out blame it on user error. I'm all for that, good way to make a lot of money. I couldn't sleep at night if I did it though, so I'll just leave that to the professionals.

basebalz13
10-28-2009, 10:07 AM
wow dude...honestly

ThatChevyGuy
10-28-2009, 10:09 AM
If you were smart, you wouldve researched kenwood amps first.

iApex
10-28-2009, 11:18 AM
wow dude...honestly
I'm guessing this is for the fact that I doubted him?

Well given the circumstance that he has no seen the board of the amp and can only go by what he has heard here and not taken any other variables into effect.

Thats why I'd like to see some sort of documentation that E-02 is caused by and only by touching the leads together. Or have things that didn't happen that rule them out leaving the only thing wrong the fact that i touched the leads together. Then I will understand and accept what i did wrong.

stangman67
10-28-2009, 11:30 AM
Ok the amp didn't work well at the start, kinda bs for the guy to sell you a amp that he was having problems with. But now that is besides the point, its pretty obvious that you blew the amp by touching the speaker terminals.

x1le
10-28-2009, 11:33 AM
kinda bs for the guy to sell you a amp that he was having problems with.

It's kinda bs for you to assume I was having problems with it. I had the amp roughly 6 months and it worked perfectly fine for me that entire time.

iApex
10-28-2009, 11:51 AM
It's kinda bs for you to assume I was having problems with it. I had the amp roughly 6 months and it worked perfectly fine for me that entire time.

The 6 months you had it are irrelevant, the only thing that matters is what happened when you took it out and packed it up.

To say that the amp works flawlessly after I installed it in two different cars on two different set ups with people who install stereos for a living is ludicrous. It never worked correctly from the get go.

goodstuff
10-28-2009, 12:11 PM
No the only thing that matters is that you broke the amp by touching the terminals together, move on.

iApex
10-28-2009, 03:36 PM
No the only thing that matters is that you broke the amp by touching the terminals together, move on.

I see what you're saying here but you have to be open minded. The amp was faulty to begin with, and probably would have blown regardless of me touching the leads. Me touching the leads only sped up the process.

And how does a month+ old video pass as evidence? that is beyond me.

I'm over the fact that i'm out the money, even if this thread was in my favor chances are i'd never see it and I expected that from the second it was created. But what I would like to know is, If I in fact broke it 100%, if it can be fixed, how much it would cost to get fixed, how much could I get if I sold it, and is it which is a better choice, get it fixed or selling it.

I dont expect any of the above to be answered in this thread.

hornedfrog1985
10-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Burden of proof is on me. I'll handle this.

This is why you disconnect the battery, solder/shrink tube. Half the questions about why peoples stuff isn't working is because of poor installation/shorting out.

whitedragon551
10-28-2009, 04:22 PM
Makeshift audio repairs amps all the time. I think hes seen his fair share and is pretty knowledgeable in the field. If the amp was in mint physical condition like the pics showed he clearly didnt do anything to it. He would have had to physical short the speaker wires or power and ground wire. Since it worked when you got it neither happened and its your own fault.

hrtbrk1
10-28-2009, 05:29 PM
iApex...you should have stopped messing with it after the first try of it not working...

u noticed a clank...tried it with no luck...then kept on trying it? c'mon man!...

x1le
10-28-2009, 06:59 PM
I'm over the fact that i'm out the money, even if this thread was in my favor chances are i'd never see it and I expected that from the second it was created.

you can believe what you want, but I've done absolutely nothing to make you think that way other than disagree that you're entitled to a refund. I'm an up front, honest guy and those who have dealt with me know this.

iApex
10-28-2009, 07:05 PM
you can believe what you want, but I've done absolutely nothing to make you think that way other than disagree that you're entitled to a refund. I'm an up front, honest guy and those who have dealt with me know this.
You have done absolutely nothing to make me think otherwise either, I'm not convinced that you just didn't try to pull a fast one on someone just to get the rest of the money you needed quickly for your new set up.

Amps just dont break themselves, and It certainly was not user error that showed the amp was malfunctioning from the get go when it wouldn't even power a sub that has a 300w peak. That was all on the amp, the fact that it has the E-02 was probably sped up by me touching the terminals but it was inevitable regardless of me touching the leads.

But it's all good, i hope you enjoy that money you robbed me out of.

x1le
10-28-2009, 07:12 PM
I don't know man, I've helped you the best I could in this situation. You're not hearing what you want to hear so you're questioning my credibility? I'm sorry you think I sent you a broken amp but....that's not the case. And if the majority of the members who contributed deemed that I was in the wrong here, you can bet your *** you would have gotten a refund. I wouldn't jeopardize my reputation here over a hundred n fifty bucks.

I'll tell you what, if you want to have MakeShift take a look at it and repair it (since he seems to be itching too) I will contribute $25 to the cause. If not, then I don't know what else to say.

jadon087
10-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Has the jury reached a verdict?

iApex
10-28-2009, 07:23 PM
I don't know man, I've helped you the best I could in this situation. You're not hearing what you want to hear so you're questioning my credibility? I'm sorry you think I sent you a broken amp but....that's not the case. And if the majority of the members who contributed deemed that I was in the wrong here, you can bet your *** you would have gotten a refund. I wouldn't jeopardize my reputation here over a hundred n fifty bucks.

I'll tell you what, if you want to have MakeShift take a look at it and repair it (since he seems to be itching too) I will contribute $25 to the cause. If not, then I don't know what else to say.
I never once claimed that you purposely sent me a faulty amp (at least it was not my intention to imply that), all I know is when it got here it was faulty, I tried to get it to cooperate and messed it up even further so I guess I get to take the full fault for trying to fix a problem I should have never had in the first place.

Whats your definition of majority? with around 800 views and 5 people total saying a yes or no where is the majority? 3 on your side 2 on my side

And I have no idea what I'm going to do now, i'm talking with makeshift about it right now and thinking about my options and I will gladly accept your $25 saveface donation if I end up sending it to him for repairs.

KTFO
10-28-2009, 07:28 PM
I never once claimed that you purposely sent me a faulty amp (at least it was not my intention to imply that), all I know is when it got here it was faulty, I tried to get it to cooperate and messed it up even further so I guess I get to take the full fault for trying to fix a problem I should have never had in the first place.

Whats your definition of majority? with around 800 views and 5 people total saying a yes or no where is the majority? 3 on your side 2 on my side

And I have no idea what I'm going to do now, i'm talking with makeshift about it right now and thinking about my options and I will gladly accept your $25 saveface donation if I end up sending it to him for repairs.

I have been reading this **** for 2 days now and I had to join just to put my 2 cents in. I think you are a COMPLETE IDIOT...YOU ****ED THE AMP UP JACKASS. KENWOOD AMPS ARE **** AND AND YOU ARE A RETARD...THE TWO DON'T MIX.

hatedonmostly
10-28-2009, 07:51 PM
And I never claimed he dropped it, I claimed it was very possible that he dropped it

But yet, it appeared to be in perfect condition?

Yet...

There was nothing wrong with the box so I doubt it was damaged through shipping.

But clearly, if the box looks fine, then that must not have been the problem. :crazy::rolleyes:

So I'm guessing by the responses in this thread it is okay to sell faulty products to people, then when they crap out blame it on user error. I'm all for that, good way to make a lot of money. I couldn't sleep at night if I did it though, so I'll just leave that to the professionals.

I can't hold my tongue anymore, you're a ******* retard and broke the amp yourself. Regardless of how it was "on it's way out" (do amps even "wear out" over time and put out less power? I highly doubt that), you put the ****ing nail in the temple, so stop trying to keep making up excuses for why you should get your money back. You're clearly butthurt and don't want to take responsibility for breaking it, although you have admitted you have broken it. Who is the irresponsible one now?

Do you really expect x1le to refund your money just to get you to stop *****ing and complaining? No one is on your side of the argument. :fyi:

hatedonmostly
10-28-2009, 07:53 PM
I'm guessing this is for the fact that I doubted him?

Well given the circumstance that he has no seen the board of the amp and can only go by what he has heard here and not taken any other variables into effect.

Thats why I'd like to see some sort of documentation that E-02 is caused by and only by touching the leads together. Or have things that didn't happen that rule them out leaving the only thing wrong the fact that i touched the leads together. Then I will understand and accept what i did wrong.

Then open the ******* thing up!

Did it cease working after you touched the leads?

Yes?

Then common sense tells me, that you broke it when you touched the leads. :fyi:

hatedonmostly
10-28-2009, 07:55 PM
I see what you're saying here but you have to be open minded. The amp was faulty to begin with, and probably would have blown regardless of me touching the leads. Me touching the leads only sped up the process.

And how does a month+ old video pass as evidence? that is beyond me.

I'm over the fact that i'm out the money, even if this thread was in my favor chances are i'd never see it and I expected that from the second it was created. But what I would like to know is, If I in fact broke it 100%, if it can be fixed, how much it would cost to get fixed, how much could I get if I sold it, and is it which is a better choice, get it fixed or selling it.

I dont expect any of the above to be answered in this thread.

First off, that is a lie. You are clearly butthurt and not wanting to claim responsibility for breaking it, which is why you keep defending yourself.

And Makeshift told you it would be $75 to fix it on the previous page. ****...

iApex
10-28-2009, 07:57 PM
I can't hold my tongue anymore, you're a ******* retard and broke the amp yourself. Regardless of how it was "on it's way out" (do amps even "wear out" over time and put out less power? I highly doubt that), you put the ****ing nail in the temple, so stop trying to keep making up excuses for why you should get your money back. You're clearly butthurt and don't want to take responsibility for breaking it, although you have admitted you have broken it. Who is the irresponsible one now?

Do you really expect x1le to refund your money just to get you to stop *****ing and complaining? No one is on your side of the argument. :fyi:

I'm not *****ing about it anymore, it's done and over with. It's just sad that people like you can't understand logic and feel the need to call others who have more logic and reason *retarded*. I dont even care anymore I'm just getting a laugh out of this thread now because of all the people's responses.

Please stop talking like you know me, you dont.

Then open the ******* thing up!

Did it cease working after you touched the leads?

Yes?

Then common sense tells me, that you broke it when you touched the leads. :fyi:
I will open it this weekend when I have time.
Did it not work properly originally?

Yes?

asshat

hatedonmostly
10-28-2009, 07:58 PM

Yep.

hatedonmostly
10-28-2009, 08:07 PM
I'm not *****ing about it anymore, it's done and over with. It's just sad that people like you can't understand logic and feel the need to call others who have more logic and reason *retarded*. I dont even care anymore I'm just getting a laugh out of this thread now because of all the people's responses.

Please stop talking like you know me, you dont.

I will open it this weekend when I have time.
Did it not work properly originally?

Yes?

asshat

Here's logic for you.
You touched the leads.
It stopped working.
Common sense tells us that you touching the leads together is what broke the amp.

Stop trying to act like you don't care, when you clearly do. Stop trying to act like you "find this thread amusing" when you're just saying that to look like a ******, and cover your *** about how you're upset that you broke this amp and you don't want to pay for it.
I don't know you? That's what all the kids say that are in high school :laugh: ***** YOU DONT KNOW ME ARGHHHHH
Typical high school kid hardass. Just saying "you don't know me" proved how much of a retard you are.

It takes 10 minutes and a screwdriver to open it.

Whatever you say, buddy.

adrian1185
10-28-2009, 08:08 PM

I dont think it works like that. It shouldnt matter who is taking who's side or how many views the thread has with ppl offering opinions. You admitted to doing something that shouldnt be done when hooking up an amp. That alone puts you in the cold. You really dont have a standing arguement as a far as a refund goes. Thats out the window. Im not coming at you viciously, just stating the facts. Its all about the facts bro. Sorry but it is what it is.

stangman67
10-28-2009, 08:12 PM

My bad, I misread, I thought the thread linked was you saying you didn't have any output, not him saying he didn't have much output

RAM_Designs
10-28-2009, 08:23 PM
You're not entitled to a refund. Now GTFO of my internetz.

adrian1185
10-28-2009, 08:26 PM
You're not entitled to a refund. Now GTFO of my internetz.

you heard the man...off the interwebz now lol

whitedragon551
10-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Amps just dont break themselves, and It certainly was not user error that showed the amp was malfunctioning from the get go when it wouldn't even power a sub that has a 300w peak.

You say your entitled to a refund because the amp was faulty from the get go. If amps dont break themselves then it was your fault because the package arrived fine. Your the only link to the amp and it breaking. You ****ed up and start a thread calling this dude a scammer and **** ruining his reputation when your the fvck tard who cant install any thing. Dont even try to say you didnt call him out on scamming because you did.

But it's all good, i hope you enjoy that money you robbed me out of.

Now Makeshift has offered to repair the amp for a cheap $75. x1le has offered to pitch in $25. If he was a scammer he wouldnt have even offered to help you pay to get the amp fixed when it was clearly your fault. He shouldnt even offer $25. If anything this thread shows x1le is a good seller.

jadon087
10-28-2009, 08:33 PM
on the bright side of things, i just saved a bunch of money by switching my car insurance to Geico.

adrian1185
10-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Now Makeshift has offered to repair the amp for a cheap $75. x1le has offered to pitch in $25. If he was a scammer he wouldnt have even offered to help you pay to get the amp fixed when it was clearly your fault. He shouldnt even offer $25. If anything this thread shows x1le is a good seller.

This is quite possibly the best post Ive seen in this thread.

x1le
10-28-2009, 08:46 PM
If anything this thread shows x1le is a good seller.

thanks bro

on the bright side of things, i just saved a bunch of money by switching my insurance to Geico.

made me lol

Situation is just ****** all around.

hatedonmostly
10-28-2009, 08:48 PM
thanks bro

made me lol

How's your Dakota doing? :)

Blue Collar
10-28-2009, 08:53 PM
iApex is obviously a complete fking idiot, never in my life have I witnessed such blatant stupidity which must be from the very low amount of brain cells he has. Crack babies such a shame.

x1le
10-28-2009, 09:40 PM
How's your Dakota doing? :)

Lmao. kinda random. I actually sold it a couple months ago. I wasn't liking only getting 12-15 mpg too much when traveling 60+ miles a day ha

hatedonmostly
10-28-2009, 09:46 PM
Lmao. kinda random. I actually sold it a couple months ago. I wasn't liking only getting 12-15 mpg too much when traveling 60+ miles a day ha

:crap:

BobbyDD
10-28-2009, 11:49 PM

You're either a liar or just don't have any idea what you're actually typing. :rolleyes:

hrtbrk1
10-29-2009, 01:15 AM
wow iApex...congratulations on winning the "epic fail" award...

i think u weren't satisfied with the amp...then blew it up on purpose to just get a refnd