PDA

View Full Version : music or burp systems?

sub-FATHER
10-21-2009, 08:42 PM
when you show up to an event would you rather compete against other vehicles that can and do play music. or would you rather compete against a one note burp box?:fce2fce:

d-REW
10-21-2009, 08:50 PM
personally it dont matter to me if the person who beats me is louder they will be louder on music or a tone. i use tones mainly cause everyone else does if its in the rules that its allowed i dont see it being a issue.

tmasco
10-21-2009, 08:56 PM
i agree with D-rew

sub-FATHER
10-21-2009, 09:02 PM
well i mean would you prefer the people you were competing against. would you rather all the vehicles have be required and able to play music. or just role up with a wood box and 20000watts going to it

Random1010
10-21-2009, 09:07 PM
music

RidnClean
10-21-2009, 09:09 PM
music.

rather put together a system that can beat for more than 3seconds...

b4ss_h34d
10-21-2009, 09:13 PM
when its competing id rather burp mine to get the most i can out of it... but once the comp is done i would just switch out to a daily box or just switch my port... how ever i have my set up built...

JimJ
10-21-2009, 09:14 PM
Doesn't matter to me, I think both formats can be exciting if done well.

sub-FATHER
10-21-2009, 09:19 PM
i think a well built system should play music and smash high numbers. thats what im going for. the 159.9 bass race. thats the shi i i i t right there. and then the one note will still be hitting a 165+

in time in time.......

b4ss_h34d
10-21-2009, 09:24 PM
ur gunna also build a burper james??

sub-FATHER
10-21-2009, 09:28 PM
ur gunna also build a burper james??

i dont know. i cant see spending the money and the time only to be able to play it for 3 sec at a time. i would rather roll around smashing my system for hours and enjoying what i built. and still compete and win.

TnT_Sounds
10-21-2009, 09:29 PM
personally it dont matter to me if the person who beats me is louder they will be louder on music or a tone. i use tones mainly cause everyone else does if its in the rules that its allowed i dont see it being a issue.

Wrong, pressure is felt not heard.. you cant hear what numbers somebody is doing. At finals I sat in jeff chilcotts car for a little demo thinking it was going to be loud and it wasn't what i was expecting. I sat in numerous cars thinking high numbers too and they barely did 150's

sub-FATHER
10-21-2009, 09:32 PM
Wrong, pressure is felt not heard.. you cant hear what numbers somebody is doing. At finals I sat in jeff chilcotts car for a little demo thinking it was going to be loud and it wasn't what i was expecting. I sat in numerous cars thinking high numbers too and they barely did 150's

dude i totally agree. but then again thats the termlab readings for ya.i have never sat in a vehicle that actually made start to cough. but mine did my brother 300lbs and me, with both amps. i had to turn it down to stop. but i also havnt metered both amps yet

d-REW
10-21-2009, 09:42 PM
i never said you can hear what numbers people are doing i ment if someone has 10k+ watts and is in my class i dont care if they burp or play music its obvious that they will win power to power.

peronallly i do agree i like music better but thats what street beat and bassrace is for as far as spl bring what you got and play what you want.

hunterw
10-21-2009, 09:42 PM
i could care less if its music or a burp. but id need to know what the orgs format is so i can build for it. if its all about competing. i build to win lol. not sound awesome and lose

TnT_Sounds
10-21-2009, 09:45 PM
dude i totally agree. but then again thats the termlab readings for ya.i have never sat in a vehicle that actually made start to cough. but mine did my brother 300lbs and me, with both amps. i had to turn it down to stop. but i also havnt metered both amps yet

TL numbers dont lie.. they just dont tell you how loud something is.. Just how much pressure that it is. My 6 12's made Hunter cringe and he does 160's

d-REW
10-21-2009, 09:47 PM
your 6 12's were pretty evil i remember being like 6 cars over windows up and you were shaking my ****.

sub-FATHER
10-21-2009, 09:47 PM
i could care less if its music or a burp. but id need to know what the orgs format is so i can build for it. if its all about competing. i build to win lol. not sound awesome and lose

well you could probably throw music on yours with some mids and tweets and be hitting 158:eek:

thats just sick 162?

sub-FATHER
10-21-2009, 09:52 PM
TL numbers dont lie.. they just dont tell you how loud something is.. Just how much pressure that it is. My 6 12's made Hunter cringe and he does 160's

i wish i still had my 8 12s in the crx
:crying:and i never even metered it
it actually caused sharp pains in my ear to. it was just toooooo crammed in there and hard as hell to take apart to get to the amps and the subs when something went wrong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eh7McA7Sz4

TnT_Sounds
10-21-2009, 09:54 PM
i never said you can hear what numbers people are doing i ment if someone has 10k+ watts and is in my class i dont care if they burp or play music its obvious that they will win power to power.

peronallly i do agree i like music better but thats what street beat and bassrace is for as far as spl bring what you got and play what you want.

that doesnt mean anything. power is a factor but doesn't really distinguish who will win. All is instaler dependant.

TnT_Sounds
10-21-2009, 09:55 PM
your 6 12's were pretty evil i remember being like 6 cars over windows up and you were shaking my ****.

thanks for the props bro.. to bad I blew an amp

TnT_Sounds
10-21-2009, 09:56 PM
well you could probably throw music on yours with some mids and tweets and be hitting 158:eek:

thats just sick 162?

at 68hz

snb778
10-21-2009, 10:02 PM
personally.. im going to do whatever I need to to WIN... saying that: i'd rather have the other guy playing music so I have a better chance at winning off a burp.. If I know I can win with music.. i'll use music

but not many people with SPL setups are going to play music because they are tuned 50hz+ for the most part

TnT_Sounds
10-21-2009, 10:12 PM
i wish i still had my 8 12s in the crx
:crying:and i never even metered it
it actually caused sharp pains in my ear to. it was just toooooo crammed in there and hard as hell to take apart to get to the amps and the subs when something went wrong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eh7McA7Sz4

this vid -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHG62g2Ktzo&feature=channel

made me LOL :laugh:

sub-FATHER
10-21-2009, 10:17 PM
this vid -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHG62g2Ktzo&feature=channel

made me LOL :laugh:

you have no idea how hard it was to put that box in a crx. and it smashed, hard, it picked up the lows. and 70hz rediculous. but you can talk your ****. cuz i still aint heard nothing of yours. the only person that heard it was tom, nismofreak.

as for the laughing here you go. one amp did this little #, and i havent even tested to see where my van is loud. three more on the way....amps that is! hillbillies and black gold...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkOgqCvWsW4

hunterw
10-21-2009, 11:28 PM
hell. i can play music. lol. i did a 154 at 45hz a while back so it may be louder now. music doesnt sound good at all. and travis i didnt cringe lol. it was loud and i couldnt control my nostrels lol. but it wasnt too loud for me haha.

NoCoSPL
10-21-2009, 11:29 PM
Burps or music don't matter to me. But if ur talking boxes. . . Daily > Burp.

TnT_Sounds
10-21-2009, 11:35 PM
you have no idea how hard it was to put that box in a crx. and it smashed, hard, it picked up the lows. and 70hz rediculous. but you can talk your ****. cuz i still aint heard nothing of yours. the only person that heard it was tom, nismofreak.

as for the laughing here you go. one amp did this little #, and i havent even tested to see where my van is loud. three more on the way....amps that is! hillbillies and black gold...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkOgqCvWsW4

click the link noob.. its a different video :fyi:

and yes I will talk all the **** I want. If you take interwebz serious you are troubled in the head.

Nobody has seen nor heard anything of mine other than my previous setups. Only a select few such as my mechanic and others that dont post here know of the current build. Tom had got a little bit of info along with D'angelo, but they know nothing at all either other than it will be :crazy:

From a few that I know that went to the Lowrider show that heard your van, had claimed my little blow-through was louder to the 'ear' with half the equipment.:veryhapp:

when do you plan on having tripple or 4 alts for yours again? I think I missed that:confused:

TnT_Sounds
10-21-2009, 11:36 PM
hell. i can play music. lol. i did a 154 at 45hz a while back so it may be louder now. music doesnt sound good at all. and travis i didnt cringe lol. it was loud and i couldnt control my nostrels lol. but it wasnt too loud for me haha.

I saw your face **** ****. Dont lie.

Hii Im Justin
10-21-2009, 11:38 PM
commin on the block.. gotta big glock n if them *****s wanna perpatrain they gonna get..Poooped

NoCoSPL
10-21-2009, 11:41 PM
Pooped? :confused:

Hii Im Justin
10-21-2009, 11:42 PM
wouldn't u poop yourself if u saw a gangster?

TnT_Sounds
10-21-2009, 11:43 PM
i just did

hunterw
10-21-2009, 11:44 PM
I saw your face **** ****. Dont lie.

LOL

TnT_Sounds
10-21-2009, 11:46 PM
LOL

My phones trashed.. I'm selling my NSB-90's if you want some

J31Rob
10-21-2009, 11:47 PM
If you've got a well rounded daily system that you've also taken time to find peak frequencies & are often making changes to improve score, yet keep a daily & musical sense to the setup.. THAT is what I prefer to hear.

Dak446
10-22-2009, 12:01 AM
If you've got a well rounded daily system that you've also taken time to find peak frequencies & are often making changes to improve score, yet keep a daily & musical sense to the setup.. THAT is what I prefer to hear.

this

TnT_Sounds
10-22-2009, 12:02 AM
Burps or music don't matter to me. But if ur talking boxes. . . Daily > Burp.

this mayne speaks the troof

sub-FATHER
10-22-2009, 11:40 AM
click the link noob.. its a different video :fyi:

and yes I will talk all the **** I want. If you take interwebz serious you are troubled in the head.

Nobody has seen nor heard anything of mine other than my previous setups. Only a select few such as my mechanic and others that dont post here know of the current build. Tom had got a little bit of info along with D'angelo, but they know nothing at all either other than it will be :crazy:

From a few that I know that went to the Lowrider show that heard your van, had claimed my little blow-through was louder to the 'ear' with half the equipment.:veryhapp:

when do you plan on having tripple or 4 alts for yours again? I think I missed that:confused:

well. ive been into stereos since i was 15 thats 18 years ago. so noob doesnt work!!!
as for the link... its still my van, and my crx so thats my show and tell:wow:

now to this whole thing my mechanik only heard it talk. thats weak. and sounds like one of those guys that show up and say "OH YEAH, MINE WILL BEAT THAT, IM HITTING LIKE A 180 AND SHEEEEEET.":laugh:
and nobody has sat in the van at that show except 1 person. but one amp does wonders dont it?just immagine 2. and next year 4:omg:
i just pitched a tent, brb... i gotta get rid of this thing:laugh:

TnT_Sounds
10-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Just because you've been doing someting 'X'-amount of years doesn't mean you've been doing it right;)

I still haven't heard of when or what alternators and how many are being put in the van to keep up with the current draw? :confused:

It's ok though:veryhapp: I imagine you will still be the loudest with only 250amps worth of input charge:laugh:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n137/codemonkey75/monkeyshines/bs_flag.gif

sub-FATHER
10-22-2009, 09:30 PM
Just because you've been doing someting 'X'-amount of years doesn't mean you've been doing it right;)

I still haven't heard of when or what alternators and how many are being put in the van to keep up with the current draw? :confused:

It's ok though:veryhapp: I imagine you will still be the loudest with only 250amps worth of input charge:laugh:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n137/codemonkey75/monkeyshines/bs_flag.gif

see travis. my 22 year old friend. 22 - 18 = 4 you were 4 when i was smashing around town with 4 15s.

as for the alternator[s].....:crap: i'll smash harder than you with (ONE):laugh:alternator, one externally adjustable (8 - 24v) 200amp alt.

i managed to do a 148 bass race with just one amp, one alt, and 6 135 amp hrs batteries, that r not nsb - 90's. and never dropping below 12.5 but maybe the two runs of 4/0 from the alternator to my batteries helps. maybe you should worry about a {JOB} before you dream of beating me k:confused:

so i must be god then cuz my shiiiiiiit poooooooounds, and while your 22 and still dreaming about a system, you best worry about holding a job first

hunterw
10-22-2009, 10:22 PM
**** your old james LOL. jk

Louisiana_CRX
10-22-2009, 10:23 PM
lol

TnT_Sounds
10-23-2009, 01:28 AM
see travis. my 22 year old friend. 22 - 18 = 4 you were 4 when i was smashing around town with 4 15s.

as for the alternator[s].....:crap: i'll smash harder than you with (ONE):laugh:alternator, one externally adjustable (8 - 24v) 200amp alt.

i managed to do a 148 bass race with just one amp, one alt, and 6 135 amp hrs batteries, that r not nsb - 90's. and never dropping below 12.5 but maybe the two runs of 4/0 from the alternator to my batteries helps. maybe you should worry about a {JOB} before you dream of beating me k:confused:

so i must be god then cuz my shiiiiiiit poooooooounds, and while your 22 and still dreaming about a system, you best worry about holding a job first

lulz:laugh:

I'm 20 actually. I have a very well held down "job". Income is not a factor ;)

I guess this is the part where I give into internet lulz and flash pics of what I'm doing?:crazy: :laugh:

You will see. I've had the same batteries from that crap junction from that guy in Denver, those are nowhere near 135AH. Good luck charging above 15v. Numbers are still being thrown around? My numbers where higher with half your equipment. I've ran more reputable brands in my 3 years than anything I've seen and heard through hearsay of yours. :( You might want to get a listen to Neil Barbers' blazer before you think your "**** pooooouunds!!" :laugh: Maybe you take that van to Finals next year?

/ thread

JimJ
10-23-2009, 01:39 AM

There's that word again..."daily"...

I make a distinction between something set up for a "musical" competition format like Bassrace, and a "daily" setup - one is based on following the rules of a competition, the other is personal preference. I really wish the term "daily setup" would disappear, just like I wish the "caps are worthless" people would disappear. It's not describing anything useful.

thegreatestpenn
10-23-2009, 01:45 AM
I don't care who beats me, I don't wanna lose at all!

sub-FATHER
10-23-2009, 11:33 AM
**** your old james LOL. jk

:readytog:SOO....
IM GONNA DIE POUNDING, DEAF AND ALL.

sub-FATHER
10-23-2009, 11:42 AM
lulz:laugh:

I'm 20 actually. I have a very well held down "job". Income is not a factor ;)

I guess this is the part where I give into internet lulz and flash pics of what I'm doing?:crazy: :laugh:

You will see. I've had the same batteries from that crap junction from that guy in Denver, those are nowhere near 135AH. Good luck charging above 15v. Numbers are still being thrown around? My numbers where higher with half your equipment. I've ran more reputable brands in my 3 years than anything I've seen and heard through hearsay of yours. :( You might want to get a listen to Neil Barbers' blazer before you think your "**** pooooouunds!!" :laugh: Maybe you take that van to Finals next year?

/ thread

**** SO YOU WERE [2]??? AND so u know.... MY BATTS REST AT 13.8 AND MY SYSTEM STAYS CHARGING AT 15.3. and after smashing full tilt for 10 min. i'll turn it down so my system catches up in about a min. those digital [V]readouts are AWESOME:awesome: AND THEY DONT LIE.

AND DIDNT YOUR PARENTS PAY FOR YOUR SYSTEMS TO DATE???:yes::hilariou:
and while your on the "REPUTABLE LEG" and continue to follow the leader. I WILL be the head of the pack

NoCoSPL
10-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Dayum people are ****ing cocky. . . Geez. Who cares who is louder! Its all a hobby and were here to have fun building impressive setups, we have fun and we all get along and hang out and give tips how to get louder. James you need to ****ing relax, travis build ur system to beat his, and let the numbers do the talking. James you should do the same :fyi:

Anyways, back on topic. daily is better than burp :laugh:

NoCoSPL
10-23-2009, 11:50 AM
EDIT: repost, dam cell phones!

TnT_Sounds
10-23-2009, 01:37 PM
**** SO YOU WERE [2]??? AND so u know.... MY BATTS REST AT 13.8 AND MY SYSTEM STAYS CHARGING AT 15.3. and after smashing full tilt for 10 min. i'll turn it down so my system catches up in about a min. those digital [V]readouts are AWESOME:awesome: AND THEY DONT LIE.

AND DIDNT YOUR PARENTS PAY FOR YOUR SYSTEMS TO DATE???:yes::hilariou:
and while your on the "REPUTABLE LEG" and continue to follow the leader. I WILL be the head of the pack

:laugh:

Parents pay for my system? I think you are confusing me with someone else. My parents are getting divorced, I work for CSM. I think you is making an *** of yourself. I get the feeling nobody likes you:wow:

See quote in sig;)

Dayum people are ****ing cocky. . . Geez. Who cares who is louder! Its all a hobby and were here to have fun building impressive setups, we have fun and we all get along and hang out and give tips how to get louder. James you need to ****ing relax, travis build ur system to beat his, and let the numbers do the talking. James you should do the same :fyi:

Anyways, back on topic. daily is better than burp :laugh:

Eh, although u be speakin da truf. I dont care about numbers:p: Nobody in this state will be as loud as Hank, Franki Rio, Tommy M., Neil Barber, Pipo, Step Harris etc..

:veryhapp:

thorshammer1
10-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Me personally,

I cant build nothing I cant beat down the road with. Do I suffer on the spl side, sure, it is more fun to do demos and sometimes beat up on the one note wonders>

sub-FATHER
10-23-2009, 09:54 PM
EDIT: repost, dam cell phones!

i love to pound, i just happen to have a big system that pounds reeeeally hard. im learning a ton of new stuff i never new about, and it's only gonna contribute to me getting louder and more efficient when i build.

i am chill most of the time, untill some kid talks about a system hes GONNA build and how it will be louder. yet doesnt even have one right now. been to no shows, who quit and was now gonna race but now is gonna build again. WTF

i hate liers

TnT_Sounds
10-23-2009, 11:46 PM
i love to pound, i just happen to have a big system that pounds reeeeally hard. im learning a ton of new stuff i never new about, and it's only gonna contribute to me getting louder and more efficient when i build.

i am chill most of the time, untill some kid talks about a system hes GONNA build and how it will be louder. yet doesnt even have one right now. been to no shows, who quit and was now gonna race but now is gonna build again. WTF

i hate liers

you should just stop posting. You have mentality and maturity issues. Just beacause I havent been to any shows in Denver doesn't mean I havent been to any. I have gone to **** near every single show Joe Lobados has put on in the past 3 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LQopwZ5So8 uhoh's.. is that your van back there??

you have someone elses equipment and think you are loud. End of story. :veryhapp:

As for racing. I bought a 93 Foxbody 5.0 then sold it. I still race as a matter of fact. We have a 87 Iroc Camarao with a 383 stroker.

I'm not some kid. So you obviously dont know me. There is no "going to build" when its already being built and almost done. I will just keep admitting you are the best, since yo **** "smaaaaasshhess" dog :laugh: I can tell you right now, Daren is louder than you. That is someone with a wall running at this very moment. Also, nobody goes to shows in the winter.

TnT_Sounds
10-23-2009, 11:58 PM
I has chick wit boobs in my vids :fyi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvXs2YQBtCY&NR=1

sub-FATHER
10-24-2009, 12:00 AM
you should just stop posting. You have mentality and maturity issues. Just beacause I havent been to any shows in Denver doesn't mean I havent been to any. I have gone to **** near every single show Joe Lobados has put on in the past 3 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LQopwZ5So8 uhoh's.. is that your van back there??

you have someone elses equipment and think you are loud. End of story. :veryhapp:

As for racing. I bought a 93 Foxbody 5.0 then sold it. I still race as a matter of fact. We have a 87 Iroc Camarao with a 383 stroker.

I'm not some kid. So you obviously dont know me. There is no "going to build" when its already being built and almost done. I will just keep admitting you are the best, since yo **** "smaaaaasshhess" dog :laugh: I can tell you right now, Daren is louder than you. That is someone with a wall running at this very moment. Also, nobody goes to shows in the winter.

nope, not my van. that was steves. lol. as for my equipment. you got me. i have a pair of konoki subs, its amazing if konoki didnt make em then i would never have had em, and hifonics: i would have one if they didnt make em, and chevy, "thank you from the bottom of my heart, cuz without your van i would never have been able to design a box, wire my system and pound as hard as i do."
as for the mentaity issues. i did 6 years in prison, and i usually handle things a lot different, but since i have a system. maybe you should show up sometime. and if your scared check in....

TnT_Sounds
10-24-2009, 12:04 AM
nope, not my van. that was steves. lol. as for my equipment. you got me. i have a pair of konoki subs, its amazing if konoki didnt make em then i would never have had em, and hifonics: i would have one if they didnt make em, and chevy, "thank you from the bottom of my heart, cuz without your van i would never have been able to design a box, wire my system and pound as hard as i do."
as for the mentaity issues. i did 6 years in prison, and i usually handle things a lot different, but since i have a system. maybe you should show up sometime. and if your scared check in....

:D

Like I said, you have issues if you take interwebz serious. Trust me, you will see me a whole lots next year:veryhapp:

I'm off to bed.. work in 5 hours

sub-FATHER
10-24-2009, 12:21 AM
I has chick wit boobs in my vids :fyi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvXs2YQBtCY&NR=1

:hilariou:

now this is a hairtrick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdaW4j9-dL0

TnT_Sounds
10-24-2009, 12:43 AM
:hilariou:

now this is a hairtrick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdaW4j9-dL0

my chick has bigger boobs mine wasnt a hairtrick vid :fyi:

thats old too.. you have not been around long enough if you are just now seeing Ians astra. I can give you his number, although its UK. You can ask him what loud is:laugh:

TnT_Sounds
10-24-2009, 11:00 AM