PDA

View Full Version : Viper Alarm (Problems Programming Remote)

HmoobSoCal
10-14-2009, 11:25 PM
I have a Viper 600 ESP installed on my car. I'm trying to program new remotes and the valet/program button does not seem to work. I've read countless manuals and they are all pretty much the same, open the door, turn ignition to on position, press and hold the valet button. I even tried putting on a new button and it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

NeverEnuffBass
10-14-2009, 11:44 PM
I have a Viper 600 ESP installed on my car. I'm trying to program new remotes and the valet/program button does not seem to work. I've read countless manuals and they are all pretty much the same, open the door, turn ignition to on position, press and hold the valet button. I even tried putting on a new button and it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

Press the button once then press and hold it

HmoobSoCal
10-15-2009, 12:33 AM
Press the button once then press and hold it

I've tried that.

I also have the old remote. It was submerged underwater and now the ARM button does not work. All the other buttons work fine. Is there a way to have a shop program my new remotes If I gave them my old one to work off of?

NeverEnuffBass
10-15-2009, 10:35 PM
I've tried that.

I also have the old remote. It was submerged underwater and now the ARM button does not work. All the other buttons work fine. Is there a way to have a shop program my new remotes If I gave them my old one to work off of?

The shop is going to do the same procedure to reprogram your remote, Look at where the programing button plugs into the brain, make sure one of the pins isn't bent.

Just out of curiousity, what vehicle is this in? The only time I ever had a programming issue with a remote was when another module for door triggers in a chevy truck needed to be programmed first.

HmoobSoCal
10-16-2009, 12:01 PM
The shop is going to do the same procedure to reprogram your remote, Look at where the programing button plugs into the brain, make sure one of the pins isn't bent.

Just out of curiousity, what vehicle is this in? The only time I ever had a programming issue with a remote was when another module for door triggers in a chevy truck needed to be programmed first.

I double checked the pins and the plug, everything seems to be fine. I know everything else is working because I can still use the panic and disarm buttons on my old remote. The alarm is installed on a 91 Acura Integra.

shakin
10-16-2009, 09:32 PM
double check to make sure they hooked up your door trigger and ignition correctly. i have ran across this before and those two things are usually the culprit.

HmoobSoCal
10-25-2009, 02:35 PM
double check to make sure they hooked up your door trigger and ignition correctly. i have ran across this before and those two things are usually the culprit.

I've tried checking, but I can't determine where the wires are hooked up. There's not much room to work with.

NeverEnuffBass
10-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Do you hear any relays clicking inside the brain module when you try programing the remote?

HmoobSoCal
10-29-2009, 06:14 PM
Do you hear any relays clicking inside the brain module when you try programing the remote?

No, I do not hear any relays clicking. However, I can hear relays click inside the brian when the automatic door locks lock/unlock.

Also, I can get the brain to go into silent mode where everything else works but there is no siren. However, the alarm speaker does not chirp. So maybe I'm doing something wrong here.

gl0ck
12-09-2009, 02:16 AM
does your domelight work? Programming can be locked out so only a dealer/ someone with a bitwriter will have to do it. Thats really all there is to programming a new remote.